IGNORED

Manta Lab Man of Steel (Manta Lab Exclusive #01) (WEA 3D/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

extantsrevenge

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, RAK said:

I am a huge fan of Smallville, and wish WB would get off there LAZY A$$ES and finally give us Blu-Ray releases of the first few seasons. I never understood why they only have Blu-Ray’s for the second half of the series, and never went back to do the first half. When they finally do that I will be all over it. I feel this is a huge letdown on there part. 

When I first started collecting steelbooks, the first thing I looked for was the mcu, but the second was smallville. Imagine my disappointment. 

Although its 20 year anniversary is coming up so if anyone has any connections please pass the word to WB 😉

• Like 5

• ★ Administrators ★
9 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

When I first started collecting steelbooks, the first thing I looked for was the mcu, but the second was smallville. Imagine my disappointment. 

Although its 20 year anniversary is coming up so if anyone has any connections please pass the word to WB 😉

I loved Smallville and it would be awesome to have them all on Blu-ray. It’s a lot to go back and rewatch but I’d love to do it someday! 

Edit: just noticed all seasons are available in HD on iTunes so a Blu-ray set is definitely possible. I might grab the set on iTunes to tide me over if it goes on sale.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Movie_Shelter said:

I perfectly know what you are saying. My story whent other side - MoS release was exceent so i bought their next Deadpool even though i had filmarena Hardbox on the way.  Than Revenant, but i reduced film arena version instead. To this day, FA version of Revenant is steal sealed.

In case of Lenticulars....i was always Full Slip guy and only HDZeta changed it a bit with theirs Terminator releases, when i loved their lentis. Overall, now the market has so much changed that i don't know what i prefere. I think still Full Slips, due to the fact that i can put an autograph on them;) 

In Germany it's really hard to get Autographs anyways. Only at really expensive conventions, and these are so overrun, and the autographs also cost money (and quite something), that it's not fun for me to get those. If it was possible I'd totally get you; I've got a couple of autographs on CDs and Vinyl, but it's again more the meeting of a star and talking to him for a few short minutes - the autograph is just the "souvenir"and reminder of that meeting. On the other hand I also love my editions as original as they were, so maybe it's better this way (I always start crying when I see some German collectors tossing out the original discs of an Edition they import and replacing it with the disc from the German Amaray).

Still, in general I am with you on the Fullslip > Lenticular - if, and only if, the Fullslip has some beautiful finish. There are a couple of Fullslips that are just boring, and in that case, a beautiful Leticular could be even nicer.  Two examples that come right to my mind: FAC Vaiana and FAC Zootopia. The Fullslips absolutely boring. Not anything special as artwork, just a scene of the film itself, no partial gloss, no shiny parts, no embossing, nothing. Same with unbroken, only the title is glossy, and that's it. Thats rather dull, and probably, for these cases a beautiful 3D popout effect that is well executed (we are talking quality of MantaLab, NovaMedia, etc.) would have worked much better.

On the other hand, what I used to like about Filmarena was their lenticular magnet - and I think it's a shame that no one else is doing these - e.g. I got both Deathpool Releases from Mantalab, but I would be totally fine with the Fullslip + the lenticular magnet for the Steelbook. That to me, is the best you could do, and only Filmarena is doing it - unfortunately, because the first 80 or so releases, the Lenticulars were ass-ugly, and since then they've actually figured out how to do it correctly but now it seems they are rolling dices on this: half of their lenticulars are really beautiful, the other half is garbage. That's really frustrating. Especially as you cannot really choose freely anymore, because of the "one gets the UHD, the other the 3D". I'm so not digging that, lately :(

Edited by pygospa
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, RAK said:

I am a huge fan of Smallville, and wish WB would get off there LAZY A$$ES and finally give us Blu-Ray releases of the first few seasons. I never understood why they only have Blu-Ray’s for the second half of the series, and never went back to do the first half. When they finally do that I will be all over it. I feel this is a huge letdown on there part. 

Exactly what I thought when that first set was released years ago, so disappointed that they didn't give it the proper Blu-ray treatment. I remember reading that they upgraded the quality for filming in the latter seasons of the show, hence Blu-rays were used, but they didn't go back and enhance the earlier seasons to match. I've been holding out that "proper" set would be released some day.

🙏

EDIT: Can we re-open this GB? I wasn't around when it happened! 😊 😊 😊 (I'm kidding, but I can wish!...)

Edited by Diamond
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Diamond said:

Exactly what I thought when that first set was released years ago, so disappointed that they didn't give it the proper Blu-ray treatment. I remember reading that they upgraded the quality for filming in the latter seasons of the show, hence Blu-rays were used, but they didn't go back and enhance the earlier seasons to match. I've been holding out that "proper" set would be released some day.

🙏

Well I believe the 20th anniversary of the first season is coming up, so hopefully they have a nice Blu-Ray Boxset that includes the whole series in mind to celebrate it. 

Edited by RAK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pygospa said:

In Germany it's really hard to get Autographs anyways. Only at really expensive conventions, and these are so overrun, and the autographs also cost money (and quite something), that it's not fun for me to get those. If it was possible I'd totally get you; I've got a couple of autographs on CDs and Vinyl, but it's again more the meeting of a star and talking to him for a few short minutes - the autograph is just the "souvenir"and reminder of that meeting. On the other hand I also love my editions as original as they were, so maybe it's better this way (I always start crying when I see some German collectors tossing out the original discs of an Edition they import and replacing it with the disc from the German Amaray).

Still, in general I am with you on the Fullslip > Lenticular - if, and only if, the Fullslip has some beautiful finish. There are a couple of Fullslips that are just boring, and in that case, a beautiful Leticular could be even nicer.  Two examples that come right to my mind: FAC Vaiana and FAC Zootopia. The Fullslips absolutely boring. Not anything special as artwork, just a scene of the film itself, no partial gloss, no shiny parts, no embossing, nothing. Same with unbroken, only the title is glossy, and that's it. Thats rather dull, and probably, for these cases a beautiful 3D popout effect that is well executed (we are talking quality of MantaLab, NovaMedia, etc.) would have worked much better.

On the other hand, what I used to like about Filmarena was their lenticular magnet - and I think it's a shame that no one else is doing these - e.g. I got both Deathpool Releases from Mantalab, but I would be totally fine with the Fullslip + the lenticular magnet for the Steelbook. That to me, is the best you could do, and only Filmarena is doing it - unfortunately, because the first 80 or so releases, the Lenticulars were ass-ugly, and since then they've actually figured out how to do it correctly but now it seems they are rolling dices on this: half of their lenticulars are really beautiful, the other half is garbage. That's really frustrating. Especially as you cannot really choose freely anymore, because of the "one gets the UHD, the other the 3D". I'm so not digging that, lately :(

Whaaaaat? Germany is the best place apart from UK where you can get autographs (!!!)

First of all, comic cons...ok, some are expensive some not. I am from time to time on those. Not all of them but 30% - mainly Dortmund & Berlin...but Berlin only when it's worth it. I prefer to get one aoutgraph of someone who is important for me, but pass on some of the steelbooks;))) Second thing, there are a lot of premiere/events where stars attend. So...i am frequently in Germany to have signatures:)))) Generaly i travel the world to meet my beloved stars. Recently i made a clip how i went to comic con but in UK - in Liverpool. I was to meet Elijah Wood & Mickey Rourke...but the second one didnt come. It was starting point for Covid in Europe...so things were changing rapidly.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

I'm glad I've found people who like smallville. Usually when I mention it people always seem to think it was bad

Somebody saaaaaavveee meeee!

Now I want to go back and watch it 😫

I think what I enjoyed most is how much detail they were putting into the mythos of Krypton, and all the things he was discovering throughout the series. The weakest part about it was when it came to Zod, Doomsday, and Darkseid final confrontations I think they took the cheap easy way out. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RAK said:

I think what I enjoyed most is how much detail they were putting into the mythos of Krypton, and all the things he was discovering throughout the series. The weakest part about it was when it came to Zod, Doomsday, and Darkseid final confrontations I think they took the cheap easy way out. 

Oof yea, didn't really like doomsday or Daily planet photographer Jimmy Olsen's little brother Jimmy Olsen, photographer at the Daily Planet 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Intentcoin said:

Oof yea, didn't really like doomsday or Daily planet photographer Jimmy Olsen's little brother Jimmy Olsen, photographer at the Daily Planet 😂

I didn’t mind doomsday, or the direction they went with the character. It was a little drawn out, but I was mostly disappointed in the Boss battles. I think when it came to the Climax, and they were trying to wrap up the characters story arc it just felt flat. Like they weren’t sure what they were going to do. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

giphy.gif

@extantsrevenge @Intentcoin @Casiusco @Veum @R1s1ngs0n @mjk @lingrass @pygospa @Trianna @claptraw @Catgirl @Basil @3rasus @Unai Usabiaga @RAK @LeGonze @Koi999 @DodgyDave @cypheria078 @Hardcore @deckard99 @Benoit46 @RileyLad @HappyDude007 @ksosk @mjk @Grendel @Limited Edition @Scary Hair @scarson9 @Robertm89 @Damian @FlanInTheFace @Count Dantes @icewire @thomue1987 @Fortis93 @raylight @StrikerEureka79 @Mad-martigan @Pbsw23 @airwins @Carl @Bee @Diamond @CAYENNE-FAHRER

There has been much discussion going on about Manta Lab lately so I figured some of you who may not have noticed may appreciate the efforts from @Movie_Shelter !

Please Enjoy Psychos & Movie_Shelter Great Job

giphy.gif

I wish I had gotten this. Looks amazing. Well done @Movie_Shelter. Henry Cavill is definitely an actor I respect. Pretty big gamer too!

Awards

giphy.gif

@extantsrevenge @Intentcoin @Casiusco @Veum @R1s1ngs0n @mjk @lingrass @pygospa @Trianna @claptraw @Catgirl @Basil @3rasus @Unai Usabiaga @RAK @LeGonze @Koi999 @DodgyDave @cypheria078 @Hardcore @deckard99 @Benoit46 @RileyLad @HappyDude007 @ksosk @mjk @Grendel @Limited Edition @Scary Hair @scarson9 @Robertm89 @Damian @FlanInTheFace @Count Dantes @icewire @thomue1987 @Fortis93 @raylight @StrikerEureka79 @Mad-martigan @Pbsw23 @airwins @Carl @Bee @Diamond @CAYENNE-FAHRER

There has been much discussion going on about Manta Lab lately so I figured some of you who may not have noticed may appreciate the efforts from @Movie_Shelter !

giphy.gif

I wish I had gotten this. Looks amazing. Well done @Movie_Shelter. Henry Cavill is definitely an actor I respect.  I hope his time in DCEU isn't done. It doesn't appear to be. He's a pretty big gamer too!

Awards

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I wish I had gotten this. Looks amazing. Well done @Movie_Shelter. Henry Cavill is definitely an actor I respect.  I hope his time in DCEU isn't done. It doesn't appear to be. He's a pretty big gamer too!

• Like 1

Awards

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Awards

40 minutes ago, HappyDude007 said:

I wish I had gotten this. Looks amazing. Well done @Movie_Shelter. Henry Cavill is definitely an actor I respect. Pretty big gamer too!

39 minutes ago, HappyDude007 said:

39 minutes ago, HappyDude007 said:

@HappyDude007 how’d you get it through 3x, you stuck out, head back to the bench 😝 

looking season 17 GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Intentcoin said:

I didn't catch that, can you say it one more time? 😂 jk @HappyDude007

1 hour ago, Fortis93 said:

How about one more time for the Psychos in the back? 😆

1 hour ago, Intentcoin said:

H.gif

I think someone is try to boost his post count, without even trying. I mean I’ve accidentally done this before but not 3 times in a row. Think he trying to go for a record. I think he almost took up one page all to himself, by just stuttering his post.

• Haha 2