IGNORED

Manta Lab Man of Steel (Manta Lab Exclusive #01) (WEA 3D/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

extantsrevenge

• extantsrevenge changed the title to Man of Steel (Manta Lab Exclusive #01) (WEA 3D/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]
  • 1 year later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man of Steel was packed in many interesting editions after it was released. The most popular was metal tin with Superman logo, but it had its flaws, mainly connected to opening of plastic cover, but on display it was amazing. In this video I would like to focus on one gem, that was one of the best premium editions on the market from my point of view. Later on it was re-released by HD Zeta, but that is another story. This particular edition was strong debut of Manta Lab, retailer from Hong Kong that on that time was unknow to collectors community. It was theirs first release that shook collectors and divided them in the end. It was beautiful release on the paper and the one to go for every blu-ray addict, however when it was released there was much discussion about holographic foil abuse.

In my opinion it was good idea, especially when it comes to the front art, that is little bit blurry from the start and this effect adds little bit of extra to the whole picture. It was also repeated by Film Arena with “In the Heart of the Sea” [you can find this edition here -  https://movieshelter.blogspot.com/2016/10/in-heart-of-sea-full-slip-limited.html], that was misfire for me, but its different topic.Full Slip is not the only thing that deserves the podium, as the steelbook that it holds is amazing piece of art. Embossing on the logo and main title with this incredible artwork is brilliant mix. On top of that glossy finish and it was easily the best steelbook of the year. In addition to the whole release standard postcards and booklet. Manta Lab entered the market with big bang and the rest is history.

To spice this edition up – Man of Steel’s signature was mandatory.  I gave it to Henry Cavill that I met during promotional tour of Netflix series Witcher. He was very nice in person & I was surprise by his kindness and patience. He literally delayed the screening of the series due to the fact that he wanted to talk to everyone who wanted to meet him. I believe he is the true Man of Steel.

With the whole amazing news about final release of Snyder Cut, I thought it would be good moment to do the unboxing of this amazing edition. Have a nice unboxing experience!

Video unboxing:

• Like 14
  • Thanks 9

giphy.gif

@extantsrevenge @Intentcoin @Casiusco @Veum @R1s1ngs0n @mjk @lingrass @pygospa @Trianna @claptraw @Catgirl @Basil @3rasus @Unai Usabiaga @RAK @LeGonze @Koi999 @DodgyDave @cypheria078 @Hardcore @deckard99 @Benoit46 @RileyLad @HappyDude007 @ksosk @mjk @Grendel @Limited Edition @Scary Hair @scarson9 @Robertm89 @Damian @FlanInTheFace @Count Dantes @icewire @thomue1987 @Fortis93 @raylight @StrikerEureka79 @Mad-martigan @Pbsw23 @airwins @Carl @Bee @Diamond @CAYENNE-FAHRER

There has been much discussion going on about Manta Lab lately so I figured some of you who may not have noticed may appreciate the efforts from @Movie_Shelter !

Please Enjoy Psychos & Movie_Shelter Great Job

giphy.gif

• Like 20
  • Thanks 5

• ★ Administrators ★

It was a great release of a great film. 
Not everyone agrees that it was a great film, but I still watch it over and over. 

I wish I had kept the magnet lenti edition and opened it. I’ve only got the horrible UK 3D logo one. 
One day I’ll pick up the German Edition (Saturn I think), that had great art on the front. 
Great video @Movie_Shelter 👍

• Like 5

Thanks @Movie_Shelter I loved the unboxing video, you did a great job! I am jealous that you met Henry Cavil, and got him to sign it. I was fortunate enough to get the One-Click upon release. Not sure I could afford it now being that it’s starting to go for obscene amounts of money. @DodgyDave I’m a huge fan of this movie, and wish more people could learn to appreciate it. @Hollywood E Rock Thanks for bringing the video to my attention.

henry cavill trailer GIF by Testing 1, 2, 3

2405995B-F113-4E9D-A855-7A6415E2A1ED.jpeg

736094AA-0499-4F84-ACCD-1CE3DE5B552A.jpeg

Edited by RAK
  • Like 12

5 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

For what's it worth, I quite like Man of Steel and thought Henry Cavill was shortchanged in the role in DC's rush to get the Justice League Universe going. I hope he gets another chance and this is coming from someone who's favourite Superman is still the one and only Christopher Reeve.

Since they announced the release of the Snyder Cut he has been in negotiations to return to the Superman role. Also the rock wants Superman to be in the Black Adam movie, and has told the Studio he wants Henry Cavil, and from what I read he’s standing firm on that decision. So fingers crossed this works out. 

While I do enjoy Christopher Reeves Superman, I feel they only captured one side of the coin with his character. And thanks for NOT saying “that’s not my

Superman” most of those people never read comics, and have only seen Christopher Reeves. 

Superman is not perfect, and anyone who has read a comic knows this, and that was what Zac was trying to show everyone. The Evolution of Superman.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, RAK said:

Since they announced the release of the Snyder Cut he has been in negotiations to return to the Superman role. Also the rock wants Superman to be in the Black Adam movie, and has told the Studio he wants Henry Cavil, and from what I read he’s standing firm on that decision. So fingers crossed this works out. 

While I do enjoy Christopher Reeves Superman, I feel they only captured one side of the coin with his character. And thanks for NOT saying “that’s not my

Superman” most of those people never read comics, and have only seen Christopher Reeves. 

Superman is not perfect, and anyone who has read a comic knows this, and that was what Zac was trying to show everyone. The Evolution of Superman.

Well, I'm not familiar with the comics, so I can't really say anything in that department. I'm a fan through the Fleischer cartoons and the films. 

I think what I really enjoy about the Richard Donner/Christopher Reeve Superman is the transplanting of the almost Frank Capra-esque idealistic protagonist into the cynical world/outlook that pervaded a lot of 1970s cinema and seeing how the character would fare within that framework. And it does with a lot of charm, sincerity and a lightness of touch that I think still works like gangbusters all these years later.

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

Tom Welling is underrated 

I am a huge fan of Smallville, and wish WB would get off there LAZY A$$ES and finally give us Blu-Ray releases of the first few seasons. I never understood why they only have Blu-Ray’s for the second half of the series, and never went back to do the first half. When they finally do that I will be all over it. I feel this is a huge letdown on there part. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fortis93 said:

For what's it worth, I quite like Man of Steel and thought Henry Cavill was shortchanged in the role in DC's rush to get the Justice League Universe going. I hope he gets another chance and this is coming from someone who's favourite Superman is still the one and only Christopher Reeve.

Hey @Fortis93 where is the love for my man George Reeves, don’t recognize him huh, well he played Superman/Clark Kent! The original air date happened on my b-day September 19, how about that... the show ran for 6 glorious yrs. (of course as a little kiddie, I watch all the reruns in the 60’s *do not say it LOL 😂) from 1952-1958! The best series for a little guy/Ol’ guy to enjoy!!😍

image.jpeg.20326b23bf9a6608010174bb581287d5.jpeg

On 6/12/2020 at 6:43 AM, Movie_Shelter said:

Man of Steel was packed in many interesting editions after it was released. The most popular was metal tin with Superman logo, but it had its flaws, mainly connected to opening of plastic cover, but on display it was amazing. In this video I would like to focus on one gem, that was one of the best premium editions on the market from my point of view. Later on it was re-released by HD Zeta, but that is another story. This particular edition was strong debut of Manta Lab, retailer from Hong Kong that on that time was unknow to collectors community. It was theirs first release that shook collectors and divided them in the end. It was beautiful release on the paper and the one to go for every blu-ray addict, however when it was released there was much discussion about holographic foil abuse.

In my opinion it was good idea, especially when it comes to the front art, that is little bit blurry from the start and this effect adds little bit of extra to the whole picture. It was also repeated by Film Arena with “In the Heart of the Sea” [you can find this edition here -  https://movieshelter.blogspot.com/2016/10/in-heart-of-sea-full-slip-limited.html], that was misfire for me, but its different topic.Full Slip is not the only thing that deserves the podium, as the steelbook that it holds is amazing piece of art. Embossing on the logo and main title with this incredible artwork is brilliant mix. On top of that glossy finish and it was easily the best steelbook of the year. In addition to the whole release standard postcards and booklet. Manta Lab entered the market with big bang and the rest is history.

To spice this edition up – Man of Steel’s signature was mandatory.  I gave it to Henry Cavill that I met during promotional tour of Netflix series Witcher. He was very nice in person & I was surprise by his kindness and patience. He literally delayed the screening of the series due to the fact that he wanted to talk to everyone who wanted to meet him. I believe he is the true Man of Steel.

With the whole amazing news about final release of Snyder Cut, I thought it would be good moment to do the unboxing of this amazing edition. Have a nice unboxing experience!

Video unboxing:

A SUPER 😝 great vid my friend @Movie_Shelter and I also love Henry Cavill as Superman (& for that fact I enjoy him as a great actor & I am very jealous that he is so much more handsome then me haha 😂), kudos for getting his auto, much respect!😊

tipping derek jeter GIF

5 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

giphy.gif

@extantsrevenge @Intentcoin @Casiusco @Veum @R1s1ngs0n @mjk @lingrass @pygospa @Trianna @claptraw @Catgirl @Basil @3rasus @Unai Usabiaga @RAK @LeGonze @Koi999 @DodgyDave @cypheria078 @Hardcore @deckard99 @Benoit46 @RileyLad @HappyDude007 @ksosk @mjk @Grendel @Limited Edition @Scary Hair @scarson9 @Robertm89 @Damian @FlanInTheFace @Count Dantes @icewire @thomue1987 @Fortis93 @raylight @StrikerEureka79 @Mad-martigan @Pbsw23 @airwins @Carl @Bee @Diamond @CAYENNE-FAHRER

There has been much discussion going on about Manta Lab lately so I figured some of you who may not have noticed may appreciate the efforts from @Movie_Shelter !

Please Enjoy Psychos & Movie_Shelter Great Job

giphy.gif

Thanks for the heads-up my friend @Hollywood E Rock you are always there for us & I LOVE YOU MAN *gush*!😉

love you sylvester GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

1 hour ago, RAK said:

Thanks @Movie_Shelter I loved the unboxing video, you did a great job! I am jealous that you met Henry Cavil, and got him to sign it. I was fortunate enough to get the One-Click upon release. Not sure I could afford it now being that it’s starting to go for obscene amounts of money. @DodgyDave I’m a huge fan of this movie, and wish more people could learn to appreciate it. @Hollywood E Rock Thanks for bringing the video to my attention.

henry cavill trailer GIF by Testing 1, 2, 3

2405995B-F113-4E9D-A855-7A6415E2A1ED.jpeg

736094AA-0499-4F84-ACCD-1CE3DE5B552A.jpeg

1 hour ago, RAK said:

@RAK right on bro as I am a great fan also!🤩 

high five bro GIF

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks for good words and such nice comments! I was really surprised and it motivates me more to do them better and better:)

@Hollywood E Rock thanks for sharring the post, its nice that you always support me big time. 

@RAK @Benoit46 @mjk @DodgyDave @Veum thanks for apreciation on the video!!!

Please share, subscribe i put likes. I am doing it non-profit but it's always nice when the reach is bigger and more people can watch your efforts...

because you can read so many great things like here;) Thanks again and see you with new video;)

• Like 11

41 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

@Veum I certainly do recognise him. My Dad introduced me to the series when I was younger. He himself was first introduced to it through the reruns as well.

old man smile GIF by F*CK, THAT'S DELICIOUS

37 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

I do remember enjoying that series with my Dad (along with others he introduced to like The Munsters, Abbott & Costello, etc.), but it's been a long time since I've seen it to make a proper assessment. ;)

old statler and waldorf GIF

• Haha 2

Wow @Movie_Shelter, thank you so much for sharing this.

I have a strange starting with MantaLab myself. I've heard from them right from the beginning, and (hold your hats), I was like: Well yet another Fullslip supplier doing what all these MB suppliers do. Well, given that - afaik - no one else did MoS at that time, it wasn't really true. But judging from the pictures I did not like the edition too much, and then the second release being Deadpool (like no one did that before?) I was, once more not interested. Also, you need to know, during that time I still wasn't fan of Lenticulars - I just knew the German lenticulars you get with 3D releases, plus those of Filmarena, and I always thought these things made these editions more ugly then beautiful. Also: I did not see MoS before - I am actually not a big fan of Superman, and I thought Man of Steel had a silly ring to it. So I wasn't interested in the movie either. Deadpool was another thing, entirely, yes. However, given that I didn't think much of the lenticular, and the Fullslip looked like every other Fullslip, I was totally content with my E3 Filmarena release, plus the German hardbox, that looks like the Comicon VHS. This just changed, when people got the lenticular and showed it of on YouTube - after that, I was a bit angry at myself for not getting it, because the 3D effect really looks absolutely stunning.

My first order however, I placed for The Revenant, for the leather fullslip. That was an excellent crazy idea, and I was so for this, I really loved it, even though - again - I also got both versions from Filmarena, I had to have that leather fullslip. Funny thing, MantaLab did just a restock of their former products, so while I was getting the leather fullslip, there was a special offer on getting both Fullslips of the previous two releases (Deadpool and MoS).

Now in 2016 BvS came to the cinemas, and just the day before going to see it, I borrowed a copy of MoS, because I didn't know how much it would depend on this one, and I wanted to see it. Now, you might know, while I am not so fond of Superman, I am a total Batman fan. BvS was a must see, and I didn't want to go into a Batman movie and not understand everything because I missed out on the first movie, even though the first one was a pure Superman movie. I watched it the night before, and I was so excited, that I watched it the next evening once more, before going to see BvS. I was blown away by the beauty and the style of the movie (Zack Snyder is a real artist!) and after that, I eally wanted to own a premium copy of MoS. So, it was a no-brainer to add those two (because than I even got a discount), to my The Revenant order.

To this day, I would argue, that even if The Revenant has the best Fullslip of all time, Man of Steel is actually the overall most beautiful release they did. It fits the movie absolutely perfectly, and I love the steelbook, it's really beautiful, perfect execution, and even though I normally don't like this large holographic application (I'd rather have it partially applied), this one somehow fits perfectly.

So yeah, even from me, very much love and appreciation for this first release of MantaLab (plus I could also track down their second, Quaterslip Deadpool release, and that lenticular is also just stunning and mindblowing. ML does great lenticulars, but also great work on Fullslips, so it is really hard deciding which to get).

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, pygospa said:

I have a strange starting with MantaLab myself. I've heard from them right from the beginning, and (hold your hats), I was like: Well yet another Fullslip supplier doing what all these MB suppliers do. Well, given that - afaik - no one else did MoS at that time, it wasn't really true. But judging from the pictures I did not like the edition too much, and then the second release being Deadpool (like no one did that before?) I was, once more not interested. Also, you need to know, during that time I still wasn't fan of Lenticulars - I just knew the German lenticulars you get with 3D releases, plus those of Filmarena, and I always thought these things made these editions more ugly then beautiful. Also: I did not see MoS before - I am actually not a big fan of Superman, and I thought Man of Steel had a silly ring to it. So I wasn't interested in the movie either. Deadpool was another thing, entirely, yes. However, given that I didn't think much of the lenticular, and the Fullslip looked like every other Fullslip, I was totally content with my E3 Filmarena release, plus the German hardbox, that looks like the Comicon VHS. This just changed, when people got the lenticular and showed it of on YouTube - after that, I was a bit angry at myself for not getting it, because the 3D effect really looks absolutely stunning.

My first order however, I placed for The Revenant, for the leather fullslip. That was an excellent crazy idea, and I was so for this, I really loved it, even though - again - I also got both versions from Filmarena, I had to have that leather fullslip. Funny thing, MantaLab did just a restock of their former products, so while I was getting the leather fullslip, there was a special offer on getting both Fullslips of the previous two releases (Deadpool and MoS).

Now in 2016 BvS came to the cinemas, and just the day before going to see it, I borrowed a copy of MoS, because I didn't know how much it would depend on this one, and I wanted to see it. Now, you might know, while I am not so fond of Superman, I am a total Batman fan. BvS was a must see, and I didn't want to go into a Batman movie and not understand everything because I missed out on the first movie, even though the first one was a pure Superman movie. I watched it the night before, and I was so excited, that I watched it the next evening once more, before going to see BvS. I was blown away by the beauty and the style of the movie (Zack Snyder is a real artist!) and after that, I eally wanted to own a premium copy of MoS. So, it was a no-brainer to add those two (because than I even got a discount), to my The Revenant order.

To this day, I would argue, that even if The Revenant has the best Fullslip of all time, Man of Steel is actually the overall most beautiful release they did. It fits the movie absolutely perfectly, and I love the steelbook, it's really beautiful, perfect execution, and even though I normally don't like this large holographic application (I'd rather have it partially applied), this one somehow fits perfectly.

So yeah, even from me, very much love and appreciation for this first release of MantaLab (plus I could also track down their second, Quaterslip Deadpool release, and that lenticular is also just stunning and mindblowing. ML does great lenticulars, but also great work on Fullslips, so it is really hard deciding which to get).

For me MOS release will always be my favorite, and the runner up will be Constantine. The Slips for Constantine are ridiculously awesome. 

• Like 4

I am with you on MoS, but runner up is rather difficult. Yes the Constantines are really great. But so is the Revenant one. And even though it's not perfect and people didn't like it, I think it's really great that they tried out new things with the Kingsmen Fullslip (the PET one that was Lenticular on every side) as well. For the BvS I cannot tell you if I like the Lenticular or the Fullslip better. The one has stuningly perfect 3D, the other has this holofoil on Batmans eyes making them glow, and so much detail on the fullslip, it's insane. Or take the Batman Lego Movie with each and every Lego button as an embossing and the word Lego on it debossed, what a fine work on details (plus I like these kids extras they put into it, instead of the usual cards). Fightclub - so often done, none used this crazy colorful artwork explosion they used on t he fullslip. Love it. Oh and don't even get me started on that sexy Mera 3D Lenticular on Aquaman 🥰

I guess what I am saying: To me they are (with a few execptions, that are not bad, but not as special as the rest [Walter Mitty, for instance, or Lala Land]), all runner ups 😍

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pygospa said:

I perfectly know what you are saying. My story whent other side - MoS release was exceent so i bought their next Deadpool even though i had filmarena Hardbox on the way.  Than Revenant, but i reduced film arena version instead. To this day, FA version of Revenant is steal sealed.

In case of Lenticulars....i was always Full Slip guy and only HDZeta changed it a bit with theirs Terminator releases, when i loved their lentis. Overall, now the market has so much changed that i don't know what i prefere. I think still Full Slips, due to the fact that i can put an autograph on them;) 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Movie_Shelter said:

I perfectly know what you are saying. My story whent other side - MoS release was exceent so i bought their next Deadpool even though i had filmarena Hardbox on the way.  Than Revenant, but i reduced film arena version instead. To this day, FA version of Revenant is steal sealed.

In case of Lenticulars....i was always Full Slip guy and only HDZeta changed it a bit with theirs Terminator releases, when i loved their lentis. Overall, now the market has so much changed that i don't know what i prefere. I think still Full Slips, due to the fact that i can put an autograph on them;) 

Yeah @Movie_Shelter,

I enjoy both Lenti/Full Slip, however my preference if put to it is any beautiful Lenti!🤩