IGNORED

Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! NEW: CHALLENGE 38 IS NOW LIVE!

extantsrevenge

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ā˜… Administrators ā˜…

More points to distribute šŸ˜€, first the remaining submissions for Challenge 11 @Scary Hair @ukade2327 @Hecko @javi @MikeH5856Ā  @bungral @Adrip @Parzival @hansdermeister šŸ™

Ā 

Some more members reached 10 points with Challenge 11, congratulations on getting the Award @Toapel @ajames212 @raylight @ShadowWarrior @F.M.S @DParadigm

you-earned-it-alexis-rose.gif

Ā 

I have to admit that I was a little shocked to see so many include Star Trek Into Darkness, as it is basically only a remake of The Wrath of Khan which is superior in every way to the new version. And I would also not have thought to see Prometheus or Alien Covenant show up here šŸ˜². I'm such a huge Alien Fan but these 2 new additions to the franchise I can't stand, so wrong on so many levels šŸ˜Ŗ. It shows that taste can be very different šŸ˜….

Ā 

And Action

action-clapperboard.gif

@bossjon looks like this is shaping up to be a very interesting challenge and we will see spotlights on a good amount of Directors.

Ā 

Points go to @bossjon @MikeH5856 @Veum @extantsrevenge @hal56 @R1s1ngs0n @Reagh @ethnosax @Pbsw23 @Neil21Harris @InfiniteDoors @Parzival @ajames212 @Gary K @sobmaster @ShadowWarrior @Fortis93 šŸ‘Œ

Ā 

Welcome to the Challenge @Emil and then with such a nice submission.

castle-in-the-sky-castle.gif

Ā 

And also Award time on challenge 12, congratulations @GuyIncognit0 @ncraft @Freeformfreakout @Rockntoni87

you-did-it-willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate

Ā 

@hal56 about Denis Villeneuve I also think he is a fantastic director but like most director he also makes the occasional bad movie. For me it was Enemy (could not stand that one at all) and I also did not think much about Polytechnique. Also I'm beginning to wonder HOW BIG IS YOUR MOVIE LIBRARY? Always impressed by the amount of different arrivals you get and about what you showcase here in this challenge šŸ‘, same goes for @Reagh and @Gary K.

Ā 

new_psycho_challenge_starting_gleaming_metal_lila.gif.448c2288d4dd946f7a4541ab975df17e.gif

Ā 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 10

• extantsrevenge changed the title to Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! Week 12 Challenge is live!

Week 12 Challengeā€¦ here we go @extantsrevenge.

Ā 

My first choice is Spielberg. Yeah I know that I am not the first who chose him but he realised so many incredible movies. For me, he is the master for last 40 years. If I had to chose only one, I would say Ready Player One. But it is definitively not a simple decision considering Jaws, E.T., Jurassic Park, Schindler List, Indiana Jones, Catch me if you can, Saving Private Ryan,ā€¦

Ā 

2nd choice : Tim Burton. From my point of view, he is the king to make very good movies with Ā« strange Ā» atmosphere. One specific movie about him šŸ¤”? Letā€™s say Sleepy Hollow.

Ā 

3rd choice : I wanted to put one who belongs to the Ā« not so old Ā» generation. Then, how couldnā€™t I chose Zack Snyder? I am a big fan of DC Comics (reason why I created the DC fans club here). His work was so incredible in his DC trilogy. And of course, I wonā€™t forget 300. My specific movie from Zack Snyder šŸ§. Itā€™s obviously the Zack Snyder Justice League šŸ¤©.

EBF5F9D7-C621-46CE-81CB-32852F814C86.jpeg

FB4C942B-E37C-4953-BFDB-CE31A51D8650.jpeg

DFBFBD6B-C64D-44EB-94A4-405F3C2558DB.jpeg

• Like 30

vor 12 Stunden schrieb extantsrevenge:

I have to admit that I was a little shocked to see so many include Star Trek Into Darkness, as it is basically only a remake of The Wrath of Khan which is superior in every way to the new version. And I would also not have thought to see Prometheus or Alien Covenant show up here

@extantsrevenge

Ā 

First of all

Ā Digital Art Wow GIF

for this fine new award !!!

Ā 

So it's time for a Victory Dance:

The Peanuts Movie Dancing GIF

šŸ˜Ž

Ā 

As refers to "Into Darkness" there is no doubt at all that this can't ever come close to "The Wrath of Khan",

one of the Films that to me was a real MOTION Picture from the very first time I watched it in Cinema when it was releasedĀ 

and for me - to use the moving words of Spock - it was and always will be - the shining jewel of the Star Trek Universe.

Ā 

This also applies to Alien Covenant, as this movie will never come close to the deeply atmospheric artwork that Ridley Scott created with "ALIEN"

- by the way one of my most watched movies ever.

Ā 

But leaving the unrivaled original "Alien" aside, Prometheus and Alien Covenant are also perfect in their own right as well as being artistically crafted and atmospheric works.
I therefore think that - this was at least my reason for choosing "Alien Covenant" - the Members who have chosen this Title herewith only compared it to "Prometheus"

and not as a comparison to the iconic Classic that came before.

Ā 

The same might be the case for those who have chosen "Into Darkness" as a superior sequel to its predecessor

(Although I myself prefer the unbridled dynamic of the Origins story of Abraham's "Star Trek" to the sequel - despite its quite notable moments).

Ā 

Finally (and I guess that I'm not the only one...)

I tend to choose examples (except they are not among my cinematic favorites) where I have (if possible) a premium edition (namely a steelbook)...

All the more sad that this is still not possible with so many great films.

Ā 

Cheers

Frank

:)

Ā 

• Like 13

Challenge 12: The Directors

Love this one @bossjon! I won't be reinventing the wheel here with my favorite directors, but here's my top three. Spielberg could certainly mix and match with any one of these though... same goes for Nolan. I have found each of these directors to be artistically inspiring.

Ā 

Stanley Kubrick

I've always found his films to be so captivating, and I have so much respect for the amount of effort he put into every little detail. Spielberg is quoted as saying "it's impossible to turn a Kubrick film off," and I find that to be true myself. What can I say that hasn't already been said? Kubrick is an absolute legend. My favorite film of his is also my favorite film of all timeā€”2001: A Space Odyssey.Ā 

Ā 

thumbnail_IMG_3608.thumb.jpg.fc12a4cc46f7b7b6eb686b81e913b60f.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3609.thumb.jpg.d2fbc8fc8872381faa3a64037ce57065.jpg

Ā 

James Cameron

The unyielding work ethic of James Cameron has always blown me away. Absolutely uncompromising, no matter the cost, and the results speak for themselves. I'm a huge fan of him. My favorite Cameron film is The Abyss: Special Edition, and I'm desperate for an HD cut, let alone a 4K release. (Also, an aside: my first name is Cameron, and my middle name James. A hotel proprietor once thought I was James Cameron because of the way my name was printed on the invoice and... I didn't correct him šŸ¤£)

Ā 

thumbnail_IMG_3606.thumb.jpg.63628ebddb4ab9e8c17d71f1a3d93d0c.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3605.thumb.jpg.e19c70dc5cce61a257a68a8aae021dd9.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3607.thumb.jpg.1f1b9fb185794afd133202d0850e2f81.jpg

Ā 

Ridley Scott

An absolute workhorse, this man is. He has perfected the art of filmmaking down to a science, a process, a checklist. A master of efficiency. Not everything he does is a surefire hit, and he absolutely has some stinkers in his filmography (The Counselor, for example). But he's not afraid to venture outside of his comfort zone and try new material, new genres, and I really appreciate that, not to mention several of his films are utter classics. My favorite Scott film is Alien, without a doubt.Ā 

Ā 

thumbnail_IMG_3604.thumb.jpg.afef98e77bbd9985d6b4f76a3a044645.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3603.thumb.jpg.61cf2cd2e4ea77873ab78c9279d7554d.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

My top 3 directors are probably John Carpenter, Stanley Kubrick, and Quentin Tarantino but I chose 3 directors that Iā€™m probably the most into right now or those that have most significantly impacted my movie watching and tastes over the past 5 years.

Ā 

1. Dario Argento: for the past couple of years I have really been getting into Giallos and then slashers, horror, and b movies in general. Iā€™m excited for Severinā€™s recent announcements for Four Flies on Grey Velvet and The Five Days, though their pricing seems absurd. I need to upgrade my copies of phenomena and tenebrae but I pumped the brakes back when Arrow first started re-releasing his films in 4K. I donā€™t have a least favorite but I havenā€™t delved into his more recent films, Iā€™m sure there are some stinkers in there though, lol.

BBC04F64-5488-4B8E-B195-BC707B84249A.thumb.jpeg.1d5aa9f4fcfc093c2f45fe495b6d147e.jpeg
Ā 

2. Mario Bava: canā€™t be into Giallo without the inventor of the genre himself. I branched off with some of his non-Gialli and I think the last of his filmography that Iā€™m going to pick up is Hercules in a Haunted World which appears to be on sale on Amazon (just ordered it right now). Least favorite of the bunch was Barron Blood. Didnā€™t care for that one at all.

227B04A6-DC96-4064-95B2-3940423F2C94.thumb.jpeg.1c139f624bc868ab747a13053e65cf91.jpeg

Ā 

3. Gaspar NoĆ©: I only learned of his work recently. He wasnā€™t on my radar at all until Enter the Void and Lux Aeterna were announced for release earlier this year. Iā€™ve been (slowly) going through his movies. Donā€™t have a least favorite yet.

261AD7EC-2634-4B92-9809-2466E340717E.thumb.jpeg.40f7d6b318fc39d74a3034f2e74eb607.jpeg

• Like 28

WEEK 12

Ā 

Favorite directorsā€¦ kinda!

Ā 

Denis Villeneuve!

Actually might not be one of my all-time faves, but he's one of my faves today. More importantly, I haven't shown off his movies in my collection.

IMG_20221128_145359.thumb.jpg.e83dac2443fceafb77bcb9de4d91d034.jpg

#3 - "Prisoners"

#2 - "Blade Runner 2049"

#1 - "Dune"

Ā 

Sam Mendes!

In honor of "Empire of Light"... which I hear is not that good. I'll believe that when I see it!

IMG_20221128_143742.thumb.jpg.95457c789ec5625d53ef0da8297fbcb3.jpg

#3 - "American Beauty"

#2 - "1917"

#1 - "Revolutionary Road"

Ā 

David Fincher!

Okay, he's so overwhelmingly my favorite director that I can't bring myself to leave it at threeā€¦

IMG_20221128_144547.thumb.jpg.295fd16e21f36f1d33ca073b7a9a8853.jpg

#7 - "Se7en"

#6 - "Gone Girl"

#5 - "The Social Network"

#4 - "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"

#3 - "Zodiac"

#2 - "Benjamin Button"

#1 - "Fight Club" (I know, it's a pathetic edition for one of the greatest works of modern art ever, but I'm holding out for a retailer beating Disney and putting out a premium that wouldn't require me taking out a mortgage)

Ā 

Still waitin' on "Mank" there, Criterion!

• Like 30

Awards

15 minutes ago, Mrdugan said:

My top 3 directors are probably John Carpenter, Stanley Kubrick, and Quentin Tarantino but I chose 3 directors that Iā€™m probably the most into right now or those that have most significantly impacted my movie watching and tastes over the past 5 years.

Ā 

1. Dario Argento: for the past couple of years I have really been getting into Giallos and then slashers, horror, and b movies in general. Iā€™m excited for Severinā€™s recent announcements for Four Flies on Grey Velvet and The Five Days, though their pricing seems absurd. I need to upgrade my copies of phenomena and tenebrae but I pumped the brakes back when Arrow first started re-releasing his films in 4K. I donā€™t have a least favorite but I havenā€™t delved into his more recent films, Iā€™m sure there are some stinkers in there though, lol.

BBC04F64-5488-4B8E-B195-BC707B84249A.thumb.jpeg.1d5aa9f4fcfc093c2f45fe495b6d147e.jpeg
Ā 

2. Mario Bava: canā€™t be into Giallo without the inventor of the genre himself. I branched off with some of his non-Gialli and I think the last of his filmography that Iā€™m going to pick up is Hercules in a Haunted World which appears to be on sale on Amazon (just ordered it right now). Least favorite of the bunch was Barron Blood. Didnā€™t care for that one at all.

227B04A6-DC96-4064-95B2-3940423F2C94.thumb.jpeg.1c139f624bc868ab747a13053e65cf91.jpeg

Ā 

3. Gaspar NoĆ©: I only learned of his work recently. He wasnā€™t on my radar at all until Enter the Void and Lux Aeterna were announced for release earlier this year. Iā€™ve been (slowly) going through his movies. Donā€™t have a least favorite yet.

261AD7EC-2634-4B92-9809-2466E340717E.thumb.jpeg.40f7d6b318fc39d74a3034f2e74eb607.jpeg

Just to let you know thatĀ  "Four Flies on Grey Velvet and The Five Days"Ā  Is out and available to purchase...Ā  I did earlier today..Ā  Ā  Great pics in directors also. I just got into Argento in the last year.Ā 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to...DIRECT...your attention to my submission for challenge 12! First up, I must agree with some others and say Christopher Nolan is my favorite director, with my favorite movie of his being Interstellar!
41A4AD90-252B-418B-8392-5C31007D7CA3.thumb.jpeg.a4ee94632bc92ecf511587dacf0d2212.jpeg

But all of his movies are great to me, and I aim to get one click versions of all his movies, eventually!Ā 
2nd up is Akira Kurasawa! My favorite by him is Seven Samurai, but he has so many great movies, and many modern day classics are based on his movies!

63B853DE-53F4-46BC-957C-04350E892295.thumb.jpeg.bc0a0c0468f5118576bbfa0da8c1385a.jpeg

3rd is Darren Aronofsky! I only own one of his movies on steelbook, but it is my number two movie of all time!
FE4851AE-C378-4B8C-904D-DF282E939CCD.thumb.jpeg.29e5e4154cd678a9b6fe5863a53de944.jpeg

Pi and The Fountain are also great, but I did not like Noah or Mother, even after realizing Mother was supposed to be allegorical.

Thanks for reading, and thanks @bossjon for the challenge!

• Like 29

10 minutes ago, ajames212 said:

Just to let you know thatĀ  "Four Flies on Grey Velvet and The Five Days"Ā  Is out and available to purchase...Ā  I did earlier today..Ā  Ā  Great pics in directors also. I just got into Argento in the last year.Ā 

Yeah, I bit the bullet and bought them on Thursday night. Severin isnā€™t exactly transparent when it comes to some of their releases and I figured I would rather buy them now then to wait for their Halfway to Black Friday (or whatever Severin calls it) and possibly miss out.

• Like 3

• ā˜… Administrators ā˜…
1 hour ago, Mrdugan said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Great minds think alike. Ā I had Argento and Bava as two of mine in my submission yesterday. Ā  Gialli are one of my favorite sub genres and I love Italian horror. Ā  Have you watched much Fulci or Martino?

Ā 

Gary

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Gary K said:

Ā 

Great minds think alike. Ā I had Argento and Bava as two of mine in my submission yesterday. Ā  Gialli are one of my favorite sub genres and I love Italian horror. Ā  Have you watched much Fulci or Martino?

Ā 

Gary

Ā 

Fulci, yes. I thought about doing a trifecta of Argento, Bava, and Fulci but decided against it.

Ā 

Martino, no. The Case of the Scorpions Tail is on my list of movies/Arrow releases I need to check out but I dont know much of his work besides that one. Any recs?

• Like 3

• ā˜… Administrators ā˜…
4 minutes ago, Mrdugan said:

Ā 

Fulci, yes. I thought about doing a trifecta of Argento, Bava, and Fulci but decided against it.

Ā 

Martino, no. The Case of the Scorpions Tail is on my list of movies/Arrow releases I need to check out but I dont know much of his work besides that one. Any recs?

Martino has directed some of my favorite gialli/Italian horror - Ā All The Colors Of The Dark, Torso, Stange Vice of Mrs Wardh and Your Vice is a Locked Room and Only I Have The Key. Ā All amazing and three of them feature the phenomenal Edwige Fenech. Ā 

• Like 5

Challenge 12 - thank you @bossjon

Ā 

It is really hard to say which are the three favourite directors as their are so many directors which are in charge for so many good films. Even if I don't select Nolan, Scott, Spielberg, Scoresese, Petersen, ... I'm happy that they created so many wonderful movies which are sometimes in fact masterpieces/milestones for the genre or overall.

Ā 

Well, my selection started with David Lynch. Maybe he directed not movies for a wide range of people (let me call it mainstream) but his movies are good to brilliant movies too. Especially Lost Highway which is my favourite movie directed by Lynch (also with a great score - Rammstein!). A special place in my liabrary is reserved for Dune. Even there is a lot of well-foundate criticism I was always and I'm stillĀ  happy with this movie.

Ā 

Psycho_Challenge12_1.thumb.jpg.89afb20c9d532cc931be9b218cca384e.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

The second choice is John McTiernan. Well long time ago since a movie directed by him came into the cinemas but Predator and Die Hard are milestones especially for the action movie genre. However, my favourite movie from McTiernan is The Hunt for Red October.

Ā 

Psycho_Challenge12_2.thumb.jpg.4d71b6b03392e41313748b32b640fec4.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

The third choice is James Cameron. He directed a lot of milestones for the cinema at all over so many years, from Terminator over Abyss, True Lies, Titanic until Avatar. And my favourite movie directed by Cameron is Terminator 2 - Judgement Day

Ā 

Psycho_Challenge12_3.thumb.jpg.219364bdf2b0578b307538e760f0d468.jpg

Ā 

Kind regards, Wolfgang

Edited by Toapel
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Bonjour tout me monde...

Ā 

Voici mes propositions pour ce CHALLENGE 12

Ā 

1/ L'incontournable Christopher NOLAN: Mon prĆ©fĆ©rĆ© est TDKR pour son cotĆ© trĆØs sombre.

- Batman Begin

- Batman The Dark Night

- Batman The Dark Night Rises

image.thumb.jpeg.3642640e73637f4b79ef12a562d316f4.jpeg

Ā 

2/ Jon FAVREAU

- Iron Man

- Le Roi Lion (le film)

- Le Livre de la Jungle (le film)

image.thumb.jpeg.84f1be9a8eb8a874be21ea8e6e2dc955.jpeg

Ā 

3/ Les frĆØres RUSSO (Anthony et Joe) : J'aime beaucoup le travail qu'ils font.

- Captain AmƩrica : Civil Wars

- Avengers : Infinity Wars

- Avengers : Endgames

image.thumb.jpeg.9e5533cbab42a9fd03838578b9a2fd6b.jpeg

Ā 

Pour mon film et rƩalisateur prƩfƩrƩ, je partirai sur la saga Jurassic Park de Steven SPIELBERG. Ces films m'ont accompagnƩs tout au long de mon enfance/adolescence.

Ā 

Bonne journƩe.

Ā 

Julien

• Like 24

this has been one of the toughest challenges IMO. it is not a problem to make it. the problem is that there are so many great directors that it is impossible to choose between them.Ā 

Ā 

anyway, i wanted to avoid some obvious choices like christopher nolan (he may not be the best one, but he is obviously in my TOP 1 :-)), steven spielberg, james cameron, ridley scott, david fincher, quentin tarantino, martin scorsese, clint eastwood, ron howard, jj abrams, ben affleck, michael mann and many more...Ā 

Ā 

so here are my directors (i dont say they are my favourite, but i really like them a lot).Ā 

Ā 

damien chazelle - this guy is extraordinary. his love for music and film combine and none of his (few) films was average. btw, have you seen the trailer for his next film "babylon"? it looks interesting.

• whiplash - FAC
  • la la land - mantalab
  • first man - FAC

IMG20221201134345.thumb.jpg.84d21657ed49c22954040a572605e186.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

sam mendes - this director has much longer career than chazelle. i dont like all of his films, but most of them are great.Ā 

• road to perdition - amaray
  • skyfall - steelbook
  • 1917 - novamedia

IMG20221201134430.thumb.jpg.af297973303807650c20630fce21804b.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

peter jackson - the hobbit trilogy is very good, king kong is great but he deserves the neverending glory for his adaptation of LOTR.Ā 

• the lord of the rings - the fellowship of the ring - hdzeta
  • the lord of the rings - the two towers - hdzeta
  • the lord of the rings - the return of the king - hdzeta

IMG20221201134528.thumb.jpg.2597c4e366f2f068f2758445a21fed92.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 22

challenge #12

so here are my three favorite directors for me, I couldn't place some films but who cares, those chosen are for me at the top of the list

Steven Spielberg

Jaws, this film remains marked in my childhood, first film inĀ  somehow forbidden for my age, I was jubilant at the idea of seeing it

Jurassic Park, the first big Block buster I saw at the cinema and my memories of it remain intact, what memories

Ā 

Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade this duet with Sean ConneryĀ  is just huge, one of my first trilogy of films that I have in mind

Peter Jackson

Ā besides these quirky horror films I can't miss this timeless adventure between these two trilogiesĀ  The Lord Of The Rings and The Hobbit which complete each other despite the sulking of the public for LeĀ  Hobbit and therefore

King Kong,

this remake is simply brilliant special effects and well cast actors and finally

Ā 

James Cameron

I chose this

terminator 2 because it is my favorite of all

Titanic neĀ  does not show up anymore and a magnificent memory at the cinema that year I came out of this session all shaken, this film is so successful, we take all the drama of this story in the face I still watch it today with the same emotion,Ā  and to finish

Avatar, a very beautiful story and a monster job for this real and which comes back to life this month so can't wait to see this sequel

20221128_165125.jpg

20221128_162239.jpg

20221128_164101.jpg

• Like 24

Week 12 Challenge - Directors

Ā 

Have chosen 3 directors who I really like as found it difficult to pin down a "top 3"

Ā 

Matt Reeves- gave a very satisfying conclusion to the Apes trilogy and The Batman was simply marvellous (my favourite directed by him)! Look forward to seeing what he has planned for the sequel.

Ā 

ChristopherĀ Nolan -Ā Always a cerebral production from Nolan. Favourite film is really tough to choose between Interstellar and Dark Knight. Both excellent in their own way.

Ā 

Ridley Scott - certainly gave cinema fans some incredible moments in his career. Very tough to pick a favourite - possibly Prometheus although Blade Runner and Covenant are a close second!

Ā 

IMG_8193.thumb.jpg.e041beafa8c7529d916f0957a43339ae.jpgIMG_8194.thumb.jpg.2a8be6160ac881d94edf91e25a6a612d.jpgIMG_8196.thumb.jpg.50f7774131aec2ad0fde9e469b0a1a55.jpg

Ā 

• Like 25

Awards

• ā˜… Administrators ā˜…

giphy.gif

Very slow running week here in the challenge šŸ˜².

Ā 

But we do have some nice participations and that means points and for some reaching the Award ā˜ŗļø. Thanks @JojoFrance76 @camwjohn95 @Chief_lookout @Toapel @coupelle @guri008 @lunazero

Ā 

@hansreinhardt @Mrdugan congratulations you guys got it šŸ‘

Ā 

giphy.gif

Playing when you got the award, so that you can also reach the second one šŸ˜ƒ @Cornbuster @Cornrow @cypheria078Ā šŸ™

Ā 

giphy.gif

face_the_psycho_challenge_now_spinning_particles_red.gif.743f7f17f134a37db77bf56ff27f989f.gif

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

Challenge #12ā€¦

Ā 

1. Terence Fisher

Ā 

Chosen because itā€™s someone rarely mentionedā€¦the book title says it all!

Ā 

Favourite = Hound

Ā 

5339289A-F0DC-48B1-AF18-34149A117439.thumb.jpeg.268d1acc6150e5b2643ef2848ade3dad.jpeg

Ā 

2. Ā Francis Ford CoppolaĀ 

Ā 

Directed my favourite movie and second favourite movie of all timeā€¦.

Ā 

Favourite(s) = Godfather and Godfather Part II

Ā 

0E6656B2-DF7D-40C1-B5E6-A8A96D0930A5.thumb.jpeg.6f9542a0cb5cdfd05bc22bc9a42e88c9.jpeg

Ā 

3. Ā Alfred HitchcockĀ 

Ā 

The bestā€¦!?

Ā 

Favourite = Strangers on a Train

Ā 

B32A4717-B3BD-409D-BDDF-B7BAC5988621.thumb.jpeg.e8b56bb05d9b201cd3f086503626ca5d.jpeg

• Like 27

Awards

Challenge 12ā€¦.Ā I know I'm boring there now, and of course we've had all three already several times. But my favorites are still Tarantino, Nolan and Spielberg. Jordan Peele is also a great director, as is Edgar Wright. They're 4th and 5th for me, but here are the films in my top 3 now.

Ā 

Tarantinoā€¦ I don't have a favorite movie with him, could list them all. Kill Bill, Django, Jackie Brown... all great films. I hope so much that he will reconsider his plan to stop after the 10th film. But maybe he counts Kill Bill as just one movie:

Ā 

2CFF3521-6C3D-4F48-A7DD-508C9775EF10.thumb.jpeg.0f3db90cbf020e72057853f12f3eec8a.jpeg

Ā 

A0ADFA47-BDAD-4CFB-BE1F-32A3010EDDBD.thumb.jpeg.2002b8c6a99f43f75a3292b879e1204b.jpeg

Ā 

EF6A8953-2929-451B-9A70-4C54A48E2D13.thumb.jpeg.f79cda21ed77156ced06e6893f351622.jpeg

Ā 

With Nolan, too, it's hard for me to name a favorite. Interstellar is pretty far up there for me. But the TDK trilogy is also terrific and I also really liked Prestige.

Ā 

1B44BDF5-DE23-4056-88D9-C4B144448029.thumb.jpeg.7ad737aadbff3f911a69c0d481d1cf83.jpeg

Ā 

C53C0736-710C-443A-A8A5-60F09B78FE13.thumb.jpeg.9fafc8d479788e3d653c7da1f2e1680f.jpeg

Ā 

C8772CCA-FEF7-4B44-A311-EE76CD12B0D1.thumb.jpeg.d6ba885decd1ff105956bd7e098cd9b9.jpeg

Ā 

Steven Spielberg is, of course, a no brainer. He's made so many great movies. The 3 here are therefore only so selected. I could have just as easily shown Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park or Schindler's List. Of his more recent films, Ready Player One actually surprised me in a positive way.

Ā 

9BE24E47-E138-4D44-BC49-2A1367ABEEBC.thumb.jpeg.7bf0206e55006b8710929548ab433b81.jpeg

Ā 

DC102B34-4887-4FD3-84E0-26D8BE707C67.thumb.jpeg.42778ecd6799608a8f87c32d1efd2895.jpeg

Ā 

CA0B08A3-1348-4089-8C6F-A65E8C08A73D.thumb.jpeg.361dd6dc07d8676f7b1068ee09507baa.jpeg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 23