IGNORED

Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! NEW: CHALLENGE 38 IS NOW LIVE!

extantsrevenge

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

season 2 GIF by Twin Peaks on Showtime

CHALLENGE 11: IT IS HAPPENING AGAIN

A recent study from MediaPsy Co. projects that by 2025, 98.4% of all new film releases will be sequels to existing films. In anticipation of that coming reality, I present this week's challenge. This week, we are asking you to share five (5) movies in your collection that are sequels. Further clarifications:

1. Each film must represent a different franchise/series.
  2. Any film that was released after an existing movie counts as a sequel (i.e., prequels are allowed).
  3. No reboots or remakes. Only sequels.
  4. If a film you present does not have a numeral in its title, or if you endeavor to be especially clever or devious in your selection, be prepared to justify its status as a sequel, if questioned.

We also request the following additional information:

1. For each film you present, point out something about it that is superior to the earlier film(s) in the series. (Note: This doesn't mean you have to believe the sequel is better than an earlier film; we just want to know something you really like about the sequel.)
  2. Also answer this question: What is a forgotten, neglected, or underappreciated film that you love and believe deserves a sequel? (For full credit, you need only name the original film. However, we also welcome more robust pitches for plot development, characters, and so forth, should your creativity enable such elaboration.)
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 5

29 minutes ago, ethnosax said:

A recent study from MediaPsy Co. projects that by 2025, 98.4% of all new film releases will be sequels to existing films. In anticipation of that coming reality, I present this week's challenge. This week, we are asking you to share five (5) movies in your collection that are sequels. Further clarifications:

2. Any film that was released after an existing movie counts as a sequel (i.e., prequels are allowed).
  4. If a film you present does not have a numeral in its title, or if you endeavor to be especially clever or devious in your selection, be prepared to justify its status as a sequel, if questioned.

1. For each film you present, point out something about it that is superior to the earlier film(s) in the series. (Note: This doesn't mean you have to believe the sequel is better than an earlier film; we just want to know something you really like about the sequel.)
  2. Also answer this question: What is a forgotten, neglected, or underappreciated film that you love and believe deserves a sequel? (For full credit, you need only name the original film. However, we also welcome more robust pitches for plot development, characters, and so forth, should your creativity enable such elaboration.)

🥤🤠 I’m sure I own 5 sequels we shall see 😂 

Snooping Brennan Elliott GIF by Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Getting Busy Get To Work GIF by Mashed

Edited by Veum
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

CHALLENGE 11

A movie that deserved a sequel: Dark City (1998). This is one of my favorite movies, and it came to mind as sequel-worthy in part because I really thought Proyas's later film Knowing was going to sneak in as a Dark City prequel. It didn't, and that made Knowing less interesting to me. But the idea of a prequel that shows something about the Strangers establishing the city and building its population...I think there's potential for a story there.

And now, five sequels:

IMG_1385.thumb.jpg.87ffb002f14b50d4351bec97f2d17c9f.jpg

1. Paddington 2. To see Hugh Grant as a washed-up TV actor, on top of a moving circus train, saying to Paddington, "Exit bear, pursued by an actor"—priceless.

IMG_1384.thumb.jpg.f7bc75af5e09de9a4b74c8cc440ff8b3.jpg

2. The Cat Returns. Cary Elwes's Baron first appeared in the real-world-based Whisper of the Heart. Then he returns in this film, which is a whimsical fantasy story—and, in my opinion, one of Ghibli's funniest and most charming. I love the unexpected narrative freedom and comedy of this sequel.

IMG_1386.thumb.jpg.7ca3eaade1d42d54387f919cd312fb3c.jpg

3. Split. This is a great movie all on its own, but when the final scene happens and you realize it's happening after Unbreakable... Love it! It feels more real-world (in horrifying ways) than the first film. It led to a lackluster third film that seemed more like a very rough first draft, but I can take the first two movies as a set and forget the third one.

IMG_1387.thumb.jpg.6b56cc5722b2c08c660b330020db2caa.jpg

4. Toy Story 4. Every Toy Story movie after the first one made me think, "Really? Why another one?" And they all more than justified their existence. The third and fourth are my favorites in the series. If you can watch the final scene between Buzz and Woody and not be sobbing, then you, my friend, have a heart of stone. Nothing in the first film, emotional as it was, prepared me for how deeply I would come to love these characters by the end of the fourth.

IMG_1389.thumb.jpg.8637c352cc19494e36abc8fba285b455.jpg

5. Before Sunset. Linklater's Before Sunrise is a movie I'd call absolutely perfect. So I was very, very skeptical of a sequel, because I liked the idea of not knowing what happened next for these characters. But then Before Sunset became its own perfect, but different, movie, and I love it, too. I love how the characters grew, and how real their conversation feels. The third film I didn't care for at all, so this is another series where I'll take the first two and leave the rest.

• Like 25

• ★ Administrators ★

Thank you @ethnosax for the new challenge.

I choose to show my 5 favorite sequels (when I can only show 1 per series)

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back the perfect continuation to the original Star Wars, what a movie that also has greatest reveal in cinematic history 😲

Aliens also a perfect 2nd Movie in a Series. I love everything about it. The Aliens in this one are my favorite design of the creature.

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, for me the greatest 3rd Movie in a Movie Series ever made, so epic and the perfect ending to an amazing Trilogy.

Terminator 2: Judgement Day. Cameron is a master of action and with this and Aliens he surely created the 2 best action movies of all time. And the effects in T2 are simply revolutionary.

Mad Max 2 another one of these perfect action movies and the cooles post-apocalyptic world in movies.

These movies show what can be achieved when a sequel is done right, sadly to many times movies receive sequels that are an insult to the original (like Star Wars Episode VII-IX).

1901305710_Challenge11.thumb.JPG.3c884237f1e96fa29d35382f88be58f7.JPG

I always wished for a sequel to Nausicaä of the Walley of the Wind. The Movie sadly only features a fraction of what the Manga includes and it would have been fantastic to see the complete Story on the screen.

nausicaa-of-the-valley-of-the-wind.gif

I also hope that we will get a sequel to Alita as they did not finish the Story, I really don't like when a movie is ending but the story is not over at all. Hollywood has done that in recent years a lot. Making Movies with the intent to make 2 or 3 but then the first one is not making enough money and they don't bother to complete it 😥

• Like 26

Great challenge, @ethnosax

Lets start off with The Road Warrior, definitely superior to part 1 with amazing and better  action scenes and a cool gallery of villains:

image.thumb.jpeg.6d0b908a1938785fe1e1541ac9b3766d.jpeg

Evil Dead 2: definitely prefer Part 1. What I like about the sequel is that it looks better accomplished and that they wisely introduced some humor

image.thumb.jpeg.e93fbe31f7f6575ebfef1d8a2cd77b5a.jpeg

Terminator 2: I still prefer the Original with its pleaker and darker tone but T2 definitely set a benchmark for FX and they are still looking great.

image.thumb.jpeg.f2dc15d60d2812f46cf6013bf0453043.jpeg

The Raid 2: everything better here then in original: Fights, Camera, Editing just to name a few

image.thumb.jpeg.8bbff56444b4f19c8544331e7fd2ab9e.jpeg

The Dark Knight: just one thing alone to mention here: Heath Ledgers amazing portray of The Joker

image.thumb.jpeg.286bae211f0266c546102c2d46f1a88c.jpeg

There are a few movies I d have liked a sequel for:

Eastern Promises since Cronenberg already had a sequel in mind but sadly didnt happen due to bad Box Office

Warcraft: The Beginning. From the title alone we knew that a sequel was planned but Box Office results sealed the fate of it

True Lies: I had always hoped this movie which was way better then any Bond movie released then would be a start for a franchise

• Like 26

T2 - T1 is a great movie but T2 is a masterpiece. The action sequences, special effects, soundtrack and Arnold himself are all better than the original.

Aliens - another James Cameron entry. Alien is arguable a top 5 movie and Aliens is not a better movie but it does make for a better action movie! It’s hard to think of a movie that better encapsulates the 80s!

ESB - back to sequels that are better than the original. ESB is probably the best SW movie entry, ANH definitely has more sentimental value but ESB is better overall. If I had to give 1 reason why ESB is better, well…

Boba Fett GIF

The Fly 2 - with apologies to Chris Walas but there is nothing this film does better than Cronenberg’s The Fly. I hadn’t actually seen this film until Scream put out their Fly boxset and I was actually surprised I liked it so much. I thought it was very entertaining and it’s certainly far from being a bad film. One thing better than the original…I love Geena Davis but seeing my Druish Princess Daphne Zuniga was pretty heart warming! 

Last entry and back to sequels better than originals…Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo! First off, it’s the greatest movie title in the history of cinema. Ok, maybe it’s not better than the original but it does have my favorite scene of the franchise: 

When we see Turbo from the outside of the place, looking in…

Happy Jeff Goldblum GIF by Spotify

So now, forgotten or under appreciated movies that need a sequel. Constantine is the film I would like a sequel for most but it’s hard to say that’s forgotten or underappreciated. I think both Dredd and Solo fall into the under appreciated category. Dredd was an amazing film and they have plenty of source material. Would love to see Karl Urban in this role again. I actually loved Solo and would really like to see more of Enfys Nest, Q’ira, and young Han, Chewy, and Lando. 

han solo showdown GIF by Star Wars

F373A897-B1B6-4A5E-AAA9-034602E63D81.thumb.jpeg.0120d5d30cb1a82c88544f402d05cee5.jpeg

• Like 26

49 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back the perfect continuation to the original Star Wars, what a movie that also has greatest reveal in cinematic history 😲

Aliens also a perfect 2nd Movie in a Series. I love everything about it. The Aliens in this one are my favorite design of the creature.

Terminator 2: Judgement Day. Cameron is a master of action and with this and Aliens he surely created the 2 best action movies of all time. And the effects in T2 are simply revolutionary..

1901305710_Challenge11.thumb.JPG.3c884237f1e96fa29d35382f88be58f7.JPG

I was busy typing my response and now I see we share 3 of the same movies, ESB, T2, Aliens. They are just classics! I expect we will see a lot of these in this challenge!

@hal56 with T2 as well along with two other sequel masterpieces - The Dark Knight and Evil Dead 2.

• Like 4

CHALLENGE 11

🥤🤠🎬 thank you @ethnosax for this fantastic challenge❣️🙌

Terminator 2: Judgement Day: A new and advanced Terminator T-1000, a cyber organism composed of liquid metal and capable of morphing itself as it sees fit. To defeat this awesome enemy, the human resistance also sends back a soldier, only this time it is a reprogrammed T-800 that will serve as John’s guardian. Just an amazing film for me!! ☠️ 

The Godfather: Part II:  Telling two tales of the Corleone family, one featuring Michael’s dealings as patriarch and the other showcasing Vito Corleone’s rise to power in New York as a young adult, The Godfather: Part II intertwines both stories. Love this gangster film, however enjoy Vito in the original more! 👊

The Dark Knight: Bruce Wayne needs to fight the chaos hitting Gotham City. Heath Ledger’s criminal mastermind Joker is so compelling and holds my interest the most! 🦇 

Star Wars: VII - The Force AwakensThe warring factions is to track down the Jedi Luke Skywalker. I enjoyed Kylo REN the most in this fantastic epic adventure!! 🪐 

War for the Planet of the Apes: Caesar and his apes are forced into a deadly conflict with an army of humans. Caesar is fascinating to watch with his darker instincts! 🦍  

I would like to see a sequel to the sequels of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy just an amazing trilogy and keeps me interested throughout with the amazing performances from Michael Nygvist and Noomi Rapace and the American version with Daniel Craig & Rooney Mara❣️😘

49B04666-675A-481B-9170-6933550D0014.thumb.jpeg.57c6ff3d7289069c438687d7125cc7c4.jpeg

• Like 23

@ethnosax lots of great challenges so far and this one is no different.

I’m (almost) ashamed to admit I have but very few sequels/franchises in my collection and that in order to complete this challenge I had to borrow some of my wife’s and daughter’s Blu-rays.

image.thumb.jpeg.c577ea35246497e810c6f61e9f280f1c.jpeg

From Russia With Love - the first Bond sequel and for my money, still the best.

Goldfinger is my favorite Bond film but it’s a completely separate mission, whereas FRWL ties directly to its predecessor, where SPECTRE devise a plan to trick Bond into doing their bidding and have him killed as revenge for Dr. No’s death.

Iconic villains, a legendary and brutal fight aboard the Orient-Express, one of the best and most beautiful Bond girls. 
It’s the closest the Bond franchise ever got to a true Cold War thriller.

The Godfather Part II - widely considered to be the greatest sequel in film history.

Just like its predecessor (which I slightly prefer) it’s a timeless masterpiece.

Batman Returns - my love for this movie is boundless. For me, the greatest superhero movie ever made.

The music, the villains, the dark atmosphere tinged with both black humor and sadness - it’s perfect in every way and a true showcase for Burton’s uniqueness as a filmmaker.

The Empire Strikes Back (thank you, wife) - what’s there to say? 

Maybe I shouldn’t say anything after last week’s embarrassment 😅

Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban (thank you, daughter) - to be honest, while I clearly appreciate this entry which I’ve always considered the most interesting, I can’t say I’m a huge HP fan.

But for the purpose of completing this challenge, it will do 😬

Many other great sequels have already been mentioned (T2, The Road Warrior).

French Connection II and Hannibal are both underrated sequels that I really like.

A movie that deserves a sequel? that’s a tricky one 🤔

Maybe Kung Fu Hustle. I believe the very talented Stephen Chow could offer something unique and fresh yet again, even without him starring in the film.

• Like 23

"CHOOSE YOUR WEAPON"

Challenge    # 10

At the moment - as usual in the last weeks - not exactly early, but just in time (before the doors finally close..9_9)

here's my contribution to this explosive Challenge our MP-Squirrel @extantsrevenge created

(after he is sometimes hunted himself in the German Room, the suspicion arises, that he created this challenge only,

to get as much information as possible about which weapon is best suited for protection... :D)

But lets's go ... I want to start with this Challenge's additional Question.

What are my favorite Weapons of a Hero and a Villain?

Heroes and Villains are concepts that are mostly deeply rooted in the thinking and feeling of childhood.

Therefore I have to relate the movie that influenced me the most in this regard as a child because the film presented a variety of archetypal figures -

the radiant youthful hero, the incarnation of powerful evil and the great teacher whose wisdom is born of the light:

Star Wars - A New Hope.

My favorite Weapon of a Hero therefore HAS TO BE the light-blue Lightsaber that Luke Skywalker receives by Master Kenobi.

It's like Obi-Wan rightly said: "An elegant weapon ... from more civilized days..."

Because what can be more fascination than a tool of protection made out of pure light !

So this clearly is my

Number 1 • Light Saber

(STAR WARS | A NEW HOPE - WEA Disney Steelbook)

240489205_03STARWARSANewHope.thumb.png.aa4725baaf7b94c227649539c1d2f573.png

Were it not for the choice of different weapons, my villain's favorite weapon would be - of course - Lord Darth Vader's red lightsaber.

Especially the fight sequence in Rogue One, giving us a Darth Vader at the height of his almost insurmountable power, speaks for itself -

and certainly the unforgettable sequences showing this Dark Lord's presence in The Empire Strikes Back and in the Emperor's Throne Room in Return Of The Jedi.

But as I have to choose a different one, alternatively, Thanos' glove from Avengers Infinity War, which carries the infinity stones, seems to me to be a reasonable choice.

Because, hey Folks - let's be honest - after all, that nasty bone killed half the universe with it... 😈

541659172_AvengersInfinityWarWeETBack.thumb.png.f24754f790072228d66aff4d22238fa5.png

But let's stay with swords - what comes closer to the lightsaber in reality than the katana of the Japanese samurai.

For this I chose the steelbook that is dedicated to the Angel of Revenge from Kill Bill ...

Number 2 • Katana

(KILL BILL - WWA Steelbook NOVAMEDIA Exclusive)

1260729593_01KILLBILL.thumb.png.d9ef097aa257a3d0489810b5d1322d86.png

As far as special weapons are concerned, my fellow MP members have already presented every imaginable special - that can't be topped.

In addition, my knowledge of weapons is very limited -

which may also be due to the fact that in Germany, for legal reasons, it is already difficult to carry a sandwich knife that is too large...

In short terms: In our country, only the bad guys are armed 😎

That's why I limit myself to "simple" examples, which, on the other hand, represent films that have particularly impressed me in their own way.

That leads me to INCEPTION.

Although weapons are used, this Movie this film, which not least provided an invention of new visual implementations,

pays homage to the most powerful weapon of all - the human mind.

Anyway You can also find

Number 3 • Handgun (Pistol)

(INCEPTION - 10th Anniversary Steelbook)

1092345785_05Inception.thumb.png.4a2cd1bff5eede42112aa253bbc90114.png

And now something that was and is so unique, that it became one of the tunes that accompany my life since my Youth:

MIAMI VICE - The Television Series.

Characterized by the aesthetics of the music videos of the 80s MTV generation, this exceptional Crime series,

with its luxury, art deco-inspired and multicolored neon light high-gloss look created a diametrical and fascinating counter-design to the dingy look of the 1970s.

To this very day this series, which still rightly enjoys cult status toda,y impresses the viewer through the congenial mixture of presenting  a fast lifestyle,

furthermore the embedding of the music of Phil Collins, Peter Gabriel, Russ Ballard, Dire Straits, Kate Bush, Glen Frey and many other artists

- not least the sound patterns brilliantly woven by Jan Hammer - and scenes of deeply contemplative power.

It should be pointed out that there is rarely a happy ending in MIAMI VICE  - so whereby fiction has to give way to reality.

At the end the Series shows up again and again a deeply human striving - that although all things must pass, the only thing that matters is not to give up.

Here we have a little more firepower than a Pistol's one in Ricardo Tubbs' Hands:

Number 4 • Sawed-off double-barreled Shotgun

(MIAMI VICE - The Complete Series BOX | KOCH Films, now PLAION)

1180590027_02MIAMIVICESeries.thumb.png.f2949f9a8d656ae184e9444e14ab7440.png

Finally a great Franchise from Director Antoine Fuqua, that impresses me, because the protagonist Robert McCall, perfectly embodied by Denzel Washington,

takes responsibility where no one else does, helping people in dire need of help without them even realizing it.

I'm already looking forward to the third part with a childish joy of seeing again a good friend...

Here we have the Weapon with the highest Firepower so far (The lightsaber is of course unrivalled...)

Number 5 • Submachine Gun SIG-Sauer MPX *

(* fitted with a Maxim stock, a Trijicon MRO sight and a suppressor)

(The Equalizer 2 - WEA Steelbook | Filmarena)

280611634_04TheEqualizer.thumb.png.dcf19efb4245d59e7c2530ca303e71f8.png

Hope this made the Challenge and - as always - that You enjoyed my pictures.

And now - as AC/DC says: Shoot to thrill!

:)

• Like 24

2 hours ago, ethnosax said:

Do these have to be separate releases?

E.g. If I wanted to include The Dark Knight, I can't take a picture of the UHD Club trilogy set?

• Like 1

Challenge 10:

Weapon of choice?? Beatrix’s samurai sword in Kill Bill…kill bill film GIF

5 of my collection:

300 HDZeta One Click…big sword

90794A2A-AAA4-494E-A3BA-7D62B54EE7AF.thumb.jpeg.ac387fd85120ba2769453d43b40ec5ad.jpeg

Halloween steelbook…kitchen knife

2164EF09-8612-4368-850D-3FD87C5775D9.thumb.jpeg.48d359ff34d7ff35c869757d87148222.jpeg

Star Wars: A New Hope….lightsaber

E587AF14-8D30-47C1-87FE-CEA8BBE06EC1.thumb.jpeg.f3ad83720236ef749c164a036e04846e.jpeg

Bladerunner Manta Lab DL…blaster

0683A894-F89E-4818-BBA9-F24C46B376A6.thumb.jpeg.92012dd9f799f344e28bf9bac40ba824.jpeg

Tenet HDZeta DL…gun with suppressorD611173D-CBDB-4A8B-A10D-B64363127403.thumb.jpeg.f624f68973d507cb2ab6de9ae80c47dc.jpeg

• Like 24

Awards

Great challenge @ethnosax

1. T2 is the best sequel in my opinion. The effects and action were groundbreaking. 

2. Scream 2 was a lot of fun. Great writing. I always enjoyed the opening sequence with the introduction of the STAB franchise.

3. Alien Covenant was a solid follow up to Prometheus. I enjoyed the atmospheric planet, and really enjoyed the evolution of David’s character.

4. Hannibal could never be as great as silence of the lambs but it definitely has some great moments. Who doesn’t enjoy watching pigs eat?

5. Doctor Sleep was quite a surprise for me. I went in thinking that there is no way to do a shining sequel. But thanks to a excellent performance from Rebecca Ferguson and a nostalgic return to the overlook it somehow worked.

752E9845-2266-497C-87F6-E82C6FECD77E.thumb.jpeg.00d13a78cb0e5e2166874c60dd47243b.jpeg

A few movies I want a sequel for are Gremlins, Tango & Cash, The Big Labowski & beetlejuice 

• Like 26

Challenge #11

here is my selection of sequels for this new challenge, thanks to for this one

Pirates Of The Caribbean Dead Man's Chest

I loved this franchise, the first opus is a must and this sequel is simply brilliant, I  like the atmosphere and the challenge of this second

Top Gun Maverick

what about this sequel which is simply enjoyable even 35 years after the first, it's a successful bet and what a love

XMen Days Of Future Past

I don't  didn't think of a superhero franchise at first but this film in the xmen universe remains for me one of the best with a Hug Jackman who burst the screen once again, I love this film and the trip to the past

Indiana Jones  And The Last Crusade

this sequel is for me the best of this franchise, the Connery Ford duo works wonderfully and it's a big hit, I always remember this first  re scene in the desert and the pursuit on the train with young Indiana, everything is there

The Lord Of The Rings The Return Of The King

I could not do this Challenge without placing this film which remains and will remain for me the must of any film sequel  , an epic and a battle , the greatest and most emotional in all the history of cinema ,

just Whoua

20221120_174040.jpg

• Like 23

20221121_034819.thumb.jpg.7f11a6aae1d6a3be41f1f032b9a62197.jpg

1. Terminator 2: Judgment Day - turning one of the greatest villains in the first film into one of the greatest heroes in the second film whilst managing to create an antagonist that is just as, if not, more terrifying than that of the first film? One of many feats this film manages to accomplish with flying colours.

2. The Dark Knight - Heath Ledger. A performance and character that drives and elevates what is already a film firing on all cylinders from the second it starts to the second it ends.

3. Aliens - one of very few films that very successfully fuses action and horror to create a genuinely gripping rollercoaster ride of a movie.

4. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - the casting of none other than James Bond himself to play Indy's father to magical effect will remain a stroke of genius.

5. For A Few Dollars More - my personal favourite of the Dollars trilogy, and my favourite Sergio Leone film. 

As for films that I would've loved to have seen sequels to:

1. True Lies

2. Demolition Man

3. Inception or Tenet

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 24

3 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

20221121_034819.thumb.jpg.7f11a6aae1d6a3be41f1f032b9a62197.jpg

1. Terminator 2: Judgment Day - turning one of the greatest villains in the first film into one of the greatest heroes in the second film whilst managing to create an antagonist that is just as, if not, more terrifying that of the first film? One of many feats this film manages to accomplish with flying colours.

2. The Dark Knight - Heath Ledger. A performance and character that drives and elevates what is already a film that is firing on all cylinders from the second it starts to the second it ends.

3. Aliens - one of the films that very successfully fuses action and horror to create an absolute rollercoaster ride of a movie.

4. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - the casting of no other than James Bond himself to play Indy's father to magical effect will remain a stroke of genius.

5. For A Few Dollars More - my personal favourite of the Dollars trilogy, and my favourite Sergio Leone film. 

As for films that I would've loved to have seen sequels to:

1. True Lies

2. Demolition Man

3. Inception or Tenet

It is necessary that it is only the specific film, for which you are obliged to open it, you must do it, it is your duty, you can, you know it...

the dark knight batman GIF😜

Although if you include in the list of sequels that you want to see Alita, you can be forgiven😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

You could say challenge 10 was so easy that a 6 year old could do it (literally) 😉...bribed with candy, and only took 2 attempts (1st time I was brought 3 X-men movies and 2 Ninja Turtle ones, 2nd attempt was a success).  I didn't even provide any of the ideas.  Proud dad! 

1. Days of Future Past: Wolverine's claws

2. The Force Awakens: Han Solo's gun

3. The Last Jedi: Lightsaber

4. TMNT: Sword

5. TMNT 2: Nunchucks

Favorite hero weapon: Luke Skywalker's lightsaber

Favorite villain weapon: Thanos's infinity gauntlet

20221120_121622.thumb.jpg.09749cd2eac4bcdc37043bb36ba9468b.jpg

• Like 24

Challenge 11:

Bride of Frankenstein - blu ray steelbook.  

These black and white 1930s monster movies are such class and this is considered one of the greatest sequels ever made…..

4C48C17B-37D7-4716-812A-259FFFCAED07.thumb.jpeg.70e71dcb85fbaba209fce73250c65f11.jpeg

The Revenge of Frankenstein - Indicator Blu Ray

Hammer created many “sequels” and spin offs, particularly for Dracula and Frankenstein.  The reason I choose this one is simply….Peter Cushing.  What a legend. I’ll watch anything with him in it.

0FD66957-7917-480D-8BE4-D16BDD78B517.thumb.jpeg.bb23ded33c7dc9e96c8eb13325f45f75.jpeg

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 4k steelbook

Definitely one of the best sequels ever made.  I remember my grandma taking me to see it at Southport cinema. I was 7 years old and I remember as clear as if it was yesterday.  This has it all.  Brilliant big screen action with the snow speeders v AT ATs. Dark stuff with Luke’s training. Major cliff hangers with Han Solo getting captured and frozen.  Plus “that”revelation at the end.  The 4k steelbook cover art however is one of the worst sequels ever!

038CDC9F-4AE0-4828-BC05-554C1F44BBCC.thumb.jpeg.7ef25af46ae75dea1c105482b5c0f7b6.jpeg

Toy Story 2 - 4k steelbook

I just love this sequel.  I watch it all the time, with or without the kids!!

CAAC7BB9-A782-4D9C-9884-07CDA83A8883.thumb.jpeg.746afc9de3ac88c0c09f49ca60af0fea.jpeg

The Dark Night - 4k Blufans DL

Boom! Best Director? Best Joker?  Best Batman?? Yes, yes, yes!

901E2C88-2C57-494C-BD7A-6867C6642A64.thumb.jpeg.a1fb1a564cddd6332f5fa79d3a966d0b.jpeg

The film I wish had got a sequel…

ET

For years after I saw the original,  I yearned for it.  Just to see what ETs homeworld was like and what happens next.   I appreciate now that it probably wouldn’t have worked and I’m glad it never got made.

Edited by Martyn
  • Like 24

Awards