IGNORED

Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! NEW: CHALLENGE 38 IS NOW LIVE!

extantsrevenge

Now, here's my television decision, with your permission. 
I really enjoyed Chernobyl; it was very well done! I have seen Band of Brothers many times over the years! One of my favorite shows! My mom and I used to watch Star Trek the Next Generation every Saturday night when it was in syndication, so I've been a Star Trek fan all my life! Quantum Leap is another show I watched as a kid; gotta love Scott Bakula! And Game of Thrones is just so well written, up until season 7, anyway. The final episode of season 6 and the Sept of Balor is one of my favorite scenes in film! 
For streaming shows I'd like physical media for: The Witcher and Dark.

DF7B81C3-8B20-42AC-AAAE-BE2E71285CCA.thumb.jpeg.98e33e459aee2f83bbb4bd903980f2fc.jpeg

• Like 20

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★

giphy.gif

I had no time yesterday to update the points and now it is almost 3 pages 😨

the-good-place-okay-here-we-go-gif.gif

The remaining points for Challenge 12: @raylight thanks for mentioning George Lucas, I think he is underappreciated by many. For me a genius, just wish he had done another trilogy after Episode 1-3 to wrap this up with his vision. @Hecko @BreakBeatDJ like others mentioned already, fantastic post. @cypheria078 @javi @nerdist that are a lot of Gone Girl 😲 @ukade2327 @bungral @Ryan @antiapathetic @Casiusco @F.M.S another great post 🙏

Congratulations on reaching the Award with Challenge 12 @Blu Magic Ray

And the Points for Challenge 13

cat-tv.gif

Very happy to give you the Award on you own Challenge @Catgirl . I also love Boston Legal, I wish they would release a Blu-ray Set, I was always waiting for that.

@Veum @hal56 The Wire is truely amazing, I just recently (2 years ago) finished that, great show 👍 I have not seen Rome yet, I need to get a Set.

@sobmaster I wish they had released 2 more Steelbooks for Spartacus 😭.

@Hecko Two and a Half Men was funny, but the later Seasons became worse, the final season with the final was absolute shit, but many Series have a hard time to wrap it up in a good way. Like How I met Your Mother, Community or Parks and Recreation.

@Pbsw23 I have just begun to watch the Marvel Netflix Series. Dardevil is indeed great.

@cypheria078 I will watch the Final Walking Dead Episide this week 😃. Has been a long time in the making.

@Mrdugan @raylight I'm currently at the start of Season 7 of Homeland, I'm a little behind on so many Series 😪. But it is hard with so many streaming now.

@InfiniteDoors perfect post 😀

Pjuq.gif

@MikeH5856 @Gary K @Neil21Harris @ncraft @bossjon @guri008 @Rambo @Chief_lookout

@Reagh

twin-peaks-thumbs-up.gif

@camwjohn95 Broadwalk Empire I love too 👍 and I have the Peaky Blinders Boxset waiting to be opened, but like I wrote, so much to watch 😆

A quick reminder please continue to give likes to the other participants. I think participating in the challenge deserves some appreciations from the community.

Hope many more will participate in the great new Challenge 13.

face_the_psycho_challenge_gleaming_metal_gold.gif.6d072575dfe3316e5f9844ed195876e5.gif

• Like 21
  • Thanks 8

Ok my sweet darlings, I'm back for Challenge #13 - let's get it.

Nr. 1 my GOAT series which I'll always mention whenever fitting or not

Hannibal

1186408105_PXL_20221205_19245549621.thumb.jpg.1ab1d717a1cbc763a38e4361a64d6030.jpg

Daredevil

906613511_PXL_20221205_19320367621.thumb.jpg.4f72b11c29cba3e9235823399538e768.jpg

Dexter (didn't bother buying the other seasons though...)

1441044000_PXL_20221205_19263486921.thumb.jpg.7883f91af533fdc9d6752d4dc6aaf276.jpg

Stranger Things (really like the VHS design)

1632129842_PXL_20221205_19401941421.thumb.jpg.73b3b577f2e0e4d3ab44736ed166d6cc.jpg

and Game of Thrones (shame about the ending...)

762007862_PXL_20221205_19354731921.thumb.jpg.bf8de28501b0872d5a6666bb405de222.jpg

Most series I like already have a physical release. But from the top of my head I would say Mindhunter, The Mandalorian and Daredevil Season 3 (ok not really a new series, but I really want that one).

Edited by Trianna
  • Like 27

3 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

giphy.gif

I had no time yesterday to update the points and now it is almost 3 pages 😨

the-good-place-okay-here-we-go-gif.gif

The remaining points for Challenge 12: @raylight thanks for mentioning George Lucas, I think he is underappreciated by many. For me a genius, just wish he had done another trilogy after Episode 1-3 to wrap this up with his vision. @Hecko @BreakBeatDJ like others mentioned already, fantastic post. @cypheria078 @javi @nerdist that are a lot of Gone Girl 😲 @ukade2327 @bungral @Ryan @antiapathetic @Casiusco @F.M.S another great post 🙏

Congratulations on reaching the Award with Challenge 12 @Blu Magic Ray

And the Points for Challenge 13

cat-tv.gif

Very happy to give you the Award on you own Challenge @Catgirl . I also love Boston Legal, I wish they would release a Blu-ray Set, I was always waiting for that.

@Veum @hal56 The Wire is truely amazing, I just recently (2 years ago) finished that, great show 👍 I have not seen Rome yet, I need to get a Set.

@sobmaster I wish they had released 2 more Steelbooks for Spartacus 😭.

@Hecko Two and a Half Men was funny, but the later Seasons became worse, the final season with the final was absolute stop using inappropriate language, but many Series have a hard time to wrap it up in a good way. Like How I met Your Mother, Community or Parks and Recreation.

@Pbsw23 I have just begun to watch the Marvel Netflix Series. Dardevil is indeed great.

@cypheria078 I will watch the Final Walking Dead Episide this week 😃. Has been a long time in the making.

@Mrdugan @raylight I'm currently at the start of Season 7 of Homeland, I'm a little behind on so many Series 😪. But it is hard with so many streaming now.

@InfiniteDoors perfect post 😀

Pjuq.gif

@MikeH5856 @Gary K @Neil21Harris @ncraft @bossjon @guri008 @Rambo @Chief_lookout

@Reagh

twin-peaks-thumbs-up.gif

@camwjohn95 Broadwalk Empire I love too 👍 and I have the Peaky Blinders Boxset waiting to be opened, but like I wrote, so much to watch 😆

A quick reminder please continue to give likes to the other participants. I think participating in the challenge deserves some appreciations from the community.

Hope many more will participate in the great new Challenge 13.

face_the_psycho_challenge_gleaming_metal_gold.gif.6d072575dfe3316e5f9844ed195876e5.gif

@extantsrevenge Nils…

Season 1 Nbc GIF by Law & Order

I see you mentioned me with Helmut but my post did not have The Wire nor Rome 🤔

maybe you had too many nuts 🥜🐿️ this morning 🤣

squirrel GIF

I went ‘Ol school on my challenge my friend 🤷‍♂️

😅🤣😂

Mat Best Reaction GIF by Black Rifle Coffee Company

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• ★ Administrators ★

@Veum better question

attention-benedict-cumberbatch.gif

There are so many Psychos to tag, so if more Psychos are in a row, any specific text appearing is exactly for the Psycho before the text,

That should have been clear because it is

spock-dazzling-display.gif

So

ross-friends.gif

for suggesting I had to many nuts, that surely can never happen 😜

mouth-full-my-nuts.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

2 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

@Veum better question

attention-benedict-cumberbatch.gif

There are so many Psychos to tag, so if more Psychos are in a row, any specific text appearing is exactly for the Psycho before the text,

That should have been clear because it is

spock-dazzling-display.gif

So

ross-friends.gif

for suggesting I had to many nuts, that surely can never happen 😜

mouth-full-my-nuts.gif

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 2

Submission for challenge #13

20221206_142431.thumb.jpg.90a0de6484de78de39193b3cdde54a0e.jpg

House of Cards - Great show about our corrupt government and politicians.

The Office - Michael Scott.

Westworld - Really liked the mystery of if they are an actual human or not.

How to Make it in America - Great show, I liked Kid Cudi a lot back in the day and he was great in it. Couple guys in NYC trying to get their fashion label going.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Everything about it is hilarious.

Streaming:

Stranger Things

The Boys

Great British Baking Show 

Realized how many TV sets I don't own on physical. 😂

• Like 21

I don't have a lot to choose from this week, but here are my five:

IMG_1547.thumb.jpg.ae1c74e3697110bc703709d2028ab409.jpg

1. Twin Peaks. I haven't read through all the entries so far this week, but I presume this series has already been mentioned by... someone... what was his name again? ... (@Reagh) When I happened across the premiere of Twin Peaks, it completely changed my perception of what TV could be. Raised on a steady diet of 80s sitcoms and action shows, nothing had prepared me for the wonder of this world that Lynch and Frost created.

IMG_1546.thumb.jpg.10979513b38a37cf01da4955cf181284.jpg

2. The X-Files. The only series I've watched close to as many times as I've watched Twin Peaks. When it was mediocre, it was really mediocre—but the good episodes are so, so good. I love the early years of Mulder and Scully's developing friendship, and I love that the screenwriters figured out that a comedy episode a few times a season could be a really good thing.

IMG_1544.thumb.jpg.a8089a78f15f263afb5c2700e641a730.jpg

3. Doctor Who. For me, just the classic era—the first four doctors. I couldn't choose a favorite among the first four; they were each a bizarre delight in their own ways. I haven't kept up with the new era, though I think Matt Smith was a very classic-era Doctor.

IMG_1550.thumb.jpg.a6ac03fad0561ffdedb9982d063a38af.jpg

4. Carnivale. I've mentioned this one in a previous challenge. This series was ahead of its time by just a few years. Had it been created during the streaming era, with an internet full of geeky YouTube channels analyzing each week's episode, I think it would have been much more popular. I'm sorry HBO didn't see fit to continue it in any form, but I love the two years we got, in all their gloriously supernatural, mythological Flannery O'Connor-ness.

IMG_1548.thumb.jpg.7a69b1c926ad9045c53a8564adebfac3.jpg

5. Voyagers! My out-of-left-field entry this week. When I watched this series as a kid, it was one of the coolest, most exciting things I'd ever seen. For years, I retained vivid emotional memories of the Titanic episode, and the Thomas Edison episode. I was so excited when it was released on DVD, and I could share it with my kids. What did I learn? Some stuff from my childhood is not nearly as good as I remembered it. :)

Three shows I'd like on disc:

1. Andor. I love love love this series! I was just about done with Star Wars, but finally, finally Star Wars has become so many of the things I always wished it could be. I haven't been this excited about any TV series or anything Star Wars for a long time.

2. Push, Nevada. This was a series created by Ben Affleck, and it was connected with a contest where you had to piece together clues in each episode and then call in at the end to win a lot of money. It was also the first show I can remember that made good use of the internet and real-world interaction—any website you saw in the series was actually a website you could visit, and you could call any phone number in the series and get the voicemail of that character. The show wasn't popular and didn't even last through its first season. But I loved the characters and the quirkiness. Many things after Twin Peaks had the tag line "If you like Twin Peaks, you'll love ________," but this, for me, is the only series that really was Twin Peaks-y. I'd love to watch it again, incomplete though it was.

3. Otherworld. Another action sci-fi series that I remember really loving as a kid. And it was also short-lived. It was about a family that got pulled into an alternate world of some sort. I think I was the only person I knew who watched it. When I told a teacher about it, she thought I was talking about the soap opera, Another World. That was embarrassing.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

In accordance with the rules, I'll post my five favorite television shows of all time - with a little extra.  Here goes.

1) To date, nothing touches the great years of The West Wing.  For years, I said, "I wish that we lived in Jed (Josiah) Barlet's America."  The show was some of the best writing that you'll see in any media - not to mention from Aaron Sorkin.  The cast is marvelous and kept it together when Sorkin departed.  I would also love to see this in a premium treatment - much less bluray.

image.jpeg.6ac505414097fa20129b03e382c39f5e.jpeg

2) When I used to cohost my radio show on pop culture, I used to say that I squee'd like a teen-aged girl in the Fall and a new season of Supernatural was about to come out.  The Winchesters are my favorite on screen duo and - perhaps - the best.  That it was on WB/CW made it somehow better than if it has been hampered by the big networks.  It's also a testament to the show, it's fans and Jared and Jensen that it lasted 15 years.  To date, episode 15 from season 6, The French Mistake, is the single greatest episode of television.  I implore you to watch this.  You do not need to have watched the rest of the series to appreciate it - though you should.  I would love a Steelbook treatment of this show.

image.jpeg.8ce55ea6dd4eeefc63288a771e722025.jpeg

3) S/he's not Doctor Who.  S/he's The Doctor, and for good reason.  No one has saved the universe and earth in television history than The Doctor.  My love for the show began in the Eighties when I was turned on to the show by a high school friend.  When Russell T. Davies relaunched the show, I was excited and jumped from the start.  I often struggle at justifying this 50 year old+ show so low on my ranking list.  It will be #1 on many others' lists I'm sure.  During the Tenant and Smith years, I find it hard pressed to find better seasons of television (though Supernatural 5, West Wing 2 and Breaking Bad F are close).  Though The French Mistake from Supernatural is my favorite single episode of all time of any television show, Doctor Who hold 3 of my top 5.  The Doctor's Wife, Listen and Silence in the Library all are in my top 5 for a Tenant, Smith, Capaldi trifecta.  My phone case is a TARDIS, and everyone tells me they love that show when they see it (clerks, servers, etc.).  The question that must be asked at that point is: Who's your favorite Doctor?  One of my most prized possessions is the complete series in Steelbook - each and everyone ordered from the UK.

image.jpeg.38accb19f4935f1f3091eb325010ed7b.jpeg

4) Is there a greater line delivered in television history than, "I am the danger!"  I believe it's hard pressed to find.  I was immediately taken with Bryan Cranston's Walter White from the pilot episode.  Unlike other shows, this one had no down time.  There was no dud of a season.  There were no bad episodes.  In fact, I would go so far as to say that the Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul series are the bet one-two punch in television.  I adore my Zavvi Steelbooks, but I do regret not buying the set of the complete series which came in a toxic waste drum.

image.jpeg.985dd4474e243227f3b4d782ba16adcd.jpeg

5) I'd be remiss if I didn't include the Star Trek Universe on my list.  Collectively, I've enjoyed more hours of television watching Star Trek: TOS, Star Trek: Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager, Star Trek: Enterprise, Star Trek: Discovery, Star Trek: Picard, Star Trek: Strange New Worlds; as well as the movies from TOS, TNG and JJA.  Mr. Spock and Captain Kirk are third on my list of on-screen duos (JD and Turk being #2).  The Star Trek Universe is so rich and imaginative.  I chuckle today at the things we use that are directly from Star Trek "science fiction."  I love having TOS, Discovery and Picard in Steelbook.  I'd love for other series to come out in Steelbook as well.  Check out my fun Enterprise set.

image.jpeg.af1c088ef0d443a784dec8e64b7c5fdd.jpegimage.jpeg.b1d230759ec1739d377011f3a115c59d.jpeg

image.jpeg.732274011d65821b3994611b88f8e9dc.jpegimage.jpeg.652c59b6a10f3550bf539498f830a6f1.jpeg

Those are the top five.  Other honorable mentions are:  Sherlock, Agents of SHIELD, Daredevil, Loki, Justified, Agent Carter, The X-Files, Game of Thrones (though what a BAD last season) and The Gilmore Girls (my wife's favorite show).

image.jpeg.783686fb6490f8507e6393a5a48ac1d5.jpegimage.jpeg.18f81f840b7d84a1247c4c8332a73752.jpeg

image.jpeg.f6ee8552e51a2d1bcb9433ef06e2b03b.jpegimage.jpeg.cd8297ddfeca30a3d7c6376d43a81cb2.jpeg

image.jpeg.97f256e65e2fb1a8f8d29eb411e18306.jpegimage.jpeg.a3ac03d0bc8df25aaa23125e6c91272c.jpeg

image.jpeg.dbcae0790c443449a1d8741ab2c2dc5d.jpeg

Edited by Steelbook Indy
  • Like 24

3 hours ago, Steelbook Indy said:

In accordance with the rules, I'll post my five favorite television shows of all time - with a little extra.  Here goes.

1) To date, nothing touches the great years of The West Wing.  For years, I said, "I wish that we lived in Jed (Josiah) Barlet's America."  The show was some of the best writing that you'll see in any media - not to mention from Aaron Sorkin.  The cast is marvelous and kept it together when Sorkin departed.  I would also love to see this in a premium treatment - much less bluray.

2) When I used to cohost my radio show on pop culture, I used to say that I squee'd like a teen-aged girl in the Fall and a new season of Supernatural was about to come out.  The Winchesters are my favorite on screen duo and - perhaps - the best.  That it was on WB/CW made it somehow better than if it has been hampered by the big networks.  It's also a testament to the show, it's fans and Jared and Jensen that it lasted 15 years.  To date, episode 15 from season 6, The French Mistake, is the single greatest episode of television.  I implore you to watch this.  You do not need to have watched the rest of the series to appreciate it - though you should.  I would love a Steelbook treatment of this show.

3) S/he's not Doctor Who.  S/he's The Doctor, and for good reason.  No one has saved the universe and earth in television history than The Doctor.  My love for the show began in the Eighties when I was turned on to the show by a high school friend.  When Russell T. Davies relaunched the show, I was excited and jumped from the start.  I often struggle at justifying this 50 year old+ show so low on my ranking list.  It will be #1 on many others' lists I'm sure.  During the Tenant and Smith years, I find it hard pressed to find better seasons of television (though Supernatural 5, West Wing 2 and Breaking Bad F are close).  Though The French Mistake from Supernatural is my favorite single episode of all time of any television show, Doctor Who hold 3 of my top 5.  The Doctor's Wife, Listen and Silence in the Library all are in my top 5 for a Tenant, Smith, Capaldi trifecta.  My phone case is a TARDIS, and everyone tells me they love that show when they see it (clerks, servers, etc.).  The question that must be asked at that point is: Who's your favorite Doctor?  One of my most prized possessions is the complete series in Steelbook - each and everyone ordered from the UK.

4) Is there a greater line delivered in television history than, "I am the danger!"  I believe it's hard pressed to find.  I was immediately taken with Bryan Cranston's Walter White from the pilot episode.  Unlike other shows, this one had no down time.  There was no dud of a season.  There were no bad episodes.  In fact, I would go so far as to say that the Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul series are the bet one-two punch in television.  I adore my Zavvi Steelbooks, but I do regret not buying the set of the complete series which came in a toxic waste drum.

5) I'd be remiss if I didn't include the Star Trek Universe on my list.  Collectively, I've enjoyed more hours of television watching Star Trek: TOS, Star Trek: Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager, Star Trek: Enterprise, Star Trek: Discovery, Star Trek: Picard, Star Trek: Strange New Worlds; as well as the movies from TOS, TNG and JJA.  Mr. Spock and Captain Kirk are third on my list of on-screen duos (JD and Turk being #2).  The Star Trek Universe is so rich and imaginative.  I chuckle today at the things we use that are directly from Star Trek "science fiction."  I love having TOS, Discovery and Picard in Steelbook.  I'd love for other series to come out in Steelbook as well.  Check out my fun Enterprise set.

image.jpeg.af1c088ef0d443a784dec8e64b7c5fdd.jpegimage.jpeg.b1d230759ec1739d377011f3a115c59d.jpeg

image.jpeg.732274011d65821b3994611b88f8e9dc.jpegimage.jpeg.652c59b6a10f3550bf539498f830a6f1.jpeg

Those are the top five.  Other honorable mentions are:  Sherlock, Agents of SHIELD, Daredevil, Loki, Justified, Agent Carter, The X-Files, Game of Thrones (though what a BAD last season) and The Gilmore Girls (my wife's favorite show).

image.jpeg.783686fb6490f8507e6393a5a48ac1d5.jpegimage.jpeg.18f81f840b7d84a1247c4c8332a73752.jpeg

image.jpeg.f6ee8552e51a2d1bcb9433ef06e2b03b.jpegimage.jpeg.cd8297ddfeca30a3d7c6376d43a81cb2.jpeg

image.jpeg.97f256e65e2fb1a8f8d29eb411e18306.jpegimage.jpeg.a3ac03d0bc8df25aaa23125e6c91272c.jpeg

Those Enterprise DVDs are AWESOME. I always wanted those when I was younger! I remember them costing a pretty penny. 

• Like 3

Challenge 13: What's Good on TV?

This is a fun one—thanks @Catgirl! I used to have a lot more... but sadly, I decided to sell a bunch of my DVD's a few years ago. Regret that decision! Anyway, here goes.

1) Battlestar Galactica

Specifically, the 2000's reboot from Ronald D. Moore. This is the first show I was ever hooked to that wasn't Star Trek. I was a young teenager when I flipped on a random episode on satellite, and there I first saw Adama threaten to launch nukes at a planet with his people still on the surface. I couldn't believe how intense that moment was. I hunted down the beginning of the show and started watching straight away. 

thumbnail_IMG_3733.thumb.jpeg.09c3f357b5d74ce681e4dee119b9a47d.jpeg

thumbnail_IMG_3734.thumb.jpeg.ac0b09642599ca794f30ccbbb2fa2dbd.jpeg

2) Firefly

I blind bought Serenity on HD DVD, and boy, that was a tough movie to engage with if you haven't seen Firefly. I found the universe and the characters interesting enough that I bought the show on DVD, and was of course blown away by it and appalled it had been cancelled in the first place. 

thumbnail_IMG_3729.thumb.jpeg.8d8e7d02948125791b86c122385b096a.jpeg

3) Star Trek: Voyager

This was always my favorite Star Trek show growing up. My first forays into Trek were the Kirk films, and then The Next Generation—both of which I absolutely adore. But the one that I was most excited about was Voyager. The thought of the ship being lost so far from home, with no hope for return, captivated my imagination. While they didn't always utilize the premise as best as they could've, I still found it effective, and I fell in love with the ship and the characters. 

thumbnail_IMG_3732.thumb.jpeg.e5bd307a9c1ecde5577990b09a8e94e2.jpeg

4) Star Trek: The Next Generation

I can't not list TNG here. It's brilliant, a real classic, what can I say that hasn't already been said? Also, the episode Night Terrors terrified me when I was a young child.

thumbnail_IMG_3736.thumb.jpeg.f9b5137dcbdffd558ee85a0b02c6cbec.jpeg

5) Chernobyl

I'm glad to see this one pop up here a few times already—what a masterclass in filmmaking this show is. I haven't rewatched it yet, and the grammatical error on the cover drives me batty, but one of these days I'll revisit it over a rainy weekend. 

thumbnail_IMG_3730.thumb.jpeg.3752c1e25998c0d637d075e84167ae2a.jpeg

Bonus: Doctor Who

I can't actually include this in the submission, because these aren't full series, so I'll simply share as a bonus feature. I blindly started watching the Series 1 episode "The End Of The World" when I was a kid, and it was one of the weirdest things I'd ever seen. In a good way. So I kept watching. (Though, I haven't ventured too far into Classic Who yet... it's on my to do list)

thumbnail_IMG_3735.thumb.jpeg.9383a121eb69673269e7ec66f306d505.jpeg

And here's my most wanted streaming shows on physical media: 

• For All Mankind
  • Ozark
  • Severance
  • For All Mankind
  • Mythic Quest
  • The White Lotus (It's on DVD but I want Blu-ray)
  • For All Mankind

Edited by hansreinhardt
  • Like 17

11 hours ago, Chief_lookout said:

@Steelbook Indy Eccleston is my first Doctor, and I was sad when he was replaced, because I thought no one could compare, but then, my favorite doctor, David Tenant, came on the show, and he's been my favorite since!

Peter Davison was my first, but I really watched a lot of Tom Baker in the late Eighties.

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★

Food Love GIF by Alex Trimpe

for the new submissions @Trianna (next challenge could be the Award for you 😀), @ShadowWarrior @ethnosax , @Steelbook Indy very passionate post 👌, I have never seen Supernatural is it more than a Demon of the week show?

@hansdermeister

Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

that's all already 🥴

Keep your submissions coming.

Lets Go Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Challenge 13... Here are my top 5 series:

X-Files: Also shown here several times by others. For me, the series that fascinated me the most in the 90s and which I still remember very well, although I have not seen it now for a long time. This kind of mystery format was just great back then.

1.thumb.jpg.b1a92ceb9e2be96679d454f8bada5ef0.jpg

Game of Thrones: One of the few series that I've actually watched several times now. The last season was hotly debated, as you know. For me, the ending is ok. I just had the feeling that they suddenly ran out of time and wanted to pack a lot into one season and therefore significantly increased the speed of important events. This should have been solved differently or perhaps divided into 2 seasons.

2.thumb.jpg.b673bc9c5e711ee11928ae5931b70144.jpg

True Detective: I have to admit that I haven't seen seasons 2 and 3 yet. But they are in my closet, because I found season 1 really well done!

3.thumb.jpg.ef4e81b99169f9e0d3a67e8c53f944ca.jpg

Breaking Bad: Although it's been around for a few years now, I've only just started watching it after hearing so many good things about it. And I have to say, it rightly has top reviews. The development of the characters over time is really well done and executed by the actors. Now I just have to watch El Camino when I get a chance.

4.thumb.jpg.38de363d77e795ca120c617e7295057f.jpg

Stromberg: Inspired by "The Office", Stromberg is a german series I can watch over and over again. I think Christoph Maria Herbst plays the role of Stromberg great. Anyway, an actor I like a lot. Here you can also watch individual episodes over and over again in between, without watching the whole series again, and still laugh again and again (at least I do 😁).

5.thumb.jpg.27c03ef2b21c3f81c9d38d80d1332e29.jpg

Hmm, series I would like to have as physical media: I would be happy about nice steelbooks or editions and 4K discs to the Marvel series. Especially Wandavision, Loki and Moon Knight. But also gladly to the others.

• Like 20

On 12/7/2022 at 3:01 PM, Steelbook Indy said:

Solid post.  I enjoy reading member's strong feelings for, and opinions about, the shows/movies they love.  Makes me want to revisit some of these shows.

image.gif.8ed919454e4722f173d20b1dcd8156c5.gif

• Like 3

8 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

for the new submissions @Trianna (next challenge could be the Award for you 😀), @ShadowWarrior @ethnosax , @Steelbook Indy very passionate post 👌, I have never seen Supernatural is it more than a Demon of the week show?

@hansdermeister

that's all already 🥴

I do not understand this reaction so I’ll simply say, thank you 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/9/2022 at 2:28 AM, extantsrevenge said:

@hansdermeister

that's all already 🥴

It’s so much more.  It’s a buddy road show.  It’s a comedy.  It may have the best meta of itself that I’ve ever seen

• Like 3

Week 13 @Catgirl you made me have to think long and deep about my choices as I had so many.

Anyway  here we go to the mobile phone screen higher powers whatever they may be please keep the good mojo 

On my side 

20221208_185157.thumb.jpg.29216e91768fa87e4363463fbabee18a.jpg

Top 1st an foremost a MASTERCLASS in how to do a series.  Now the next project from the Chernobyl team

Is The Last Of Us PlayStation adapted from the stunning heartbreaking sublime game.

YES I AM HOPING FOR GREAT THINGS.

The Stand I have to admit I have a extra soft spot for this one even more so after reading of the

Untimely passing of Brad William Henke who was stupendous as Tom Cullen. The other soft spot is how Amber Herd's character ends IF Only 

True Detectve what a cast and story anyone who has not seen it must do . The mix of Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey . Like others I jave chosen in each challenge the re watch value is emence.

Dracula  the BBC rework  such good fun and the touch of genius that Mark Gattis brings to the show is sublime. 

detectorists  now I do not do comedy  yet this is just that so subtle  and sublime.  Written,  directed  and staring Mackenzie Crook  most of you may know him as Rigetti from the origonal Pirates Of The Caribbean movies  ( the one with the wooden eye  ) IF you can give Lance and Andy and the other the members of the  DMDC = Danbury  Metal Detecting  Club  a watch YOU WILL BE LEFT WITH A WARM FUZZY FEELING OF LOVE HOPE AND JOY .

Now all of the above I have on the streaming thing and some i have more than once physically and streaming .

The streaming to physical has to be The Boys  I have ny beloved @DodgyDaveto thank for getting me into this one . I have a fair amount of the time in agreement with

Worzel Gummidge never did I think anything could top the 1980's John Pertwee version.

Again Mackenzie  Cooke has taken this beloved character to a new level.

Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story completely competing watch . This having a in hand realise is something I would like .

• Like 19

Time to introduce some more variety to Challenge 13:

12 Monkeys - A show that's actually consistent with its time travel rules. It's my gold standard of TV. Season 1 is fairly standard sci-fi, but it starts to go bonkers in all the best possible ways from there.

exTz79x.jpg

Psych - Pure hilarity abounds. Roday and Hill capture the perfect friend chemistry with their characters.

7JPyWck.jpg

The Librarians - It's charming, it's cheesy, and I love every second of it.

WPK3mf1.jpg

Stargate SG-1 - I loved the 1994 movie. I love the show (and how it builds on the mythology) more.

O37AXGf.jpg

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World - Yes, it ended on a cliffhanger (after technically securing funding for a fourth season) which sucks, but it doesn't diminish the joy of exploring the plateau.

COtxO8a.jpg

Seeing some of the Disney Plus content getting physical releases would be great (The Mandalorian, Andor, WandaVision, etc.). 

• Like 19

• ★ Administrators ★

Thanks for your submissions @Gentleman @Scary Hair and welcome back @CryoSteel .

Now I hope for a surge in submission today before our next challenge starts. Do we not see so many participants in this challenge because you don't collect Series on Disc, don't watch Series or are to busy with the christmas preparations?

holiday-shopping-christmas.gif

Anyway later today our next challenge will be introduced by @coupelle and it should be another fun one 👌

acd021762f43eb40-49267.gif?1589738339

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

#challenge13:

1. 24

- Most amazing action-thriller show ever!

Perfect storytelling and great actors.

The style of editing changed and inspired the world forever.

They should have given them an Oscar a veeeery long time ago!

2. Homeland

- Great Story and amazing actors!

It's thrilling and frightening, because it's real!

3. Game of Thrones

- Never saw one episode, before the show was completed.

After that, I've watched in a row.

I really like the flair and design of this show.

4. Sarah Connor Chronicles

- Why I like this show? Why are you asking?

IT'S SARAH CONNOR! ;)

5. Chernobyl

- Great history lesson with the perfect length!

Some show you forget eating your chips, while watching, because it's unbelievable, how people behaved at this moment!

I would love to have the following on a physical disc:

1. Punisher

2. I am not okay with this!

3. The Queen's Gambit

IMG_20221211_090709.jpg

IMG_20221211_090730.jpg

Edited by javi
  • Like 20

I'm not used to collecting series, but I have some, the only thing I haven't been able to move this week to be able to show them, since I don't have them at hand.

Even so, name 5 of my favorite series (avoiding the usual ones):

-Firefly

-Utopia (2013)

-Legion

-The Sarah Connor Chronicles

- Arcane

Highlight the latter as the desired one in physical format.

• Like 8