IGNORED

Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! NEW: CHALLENGE 38 IS NOW LIVE!

extantsrevenge

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks @coupelle for the new Challenge 

Challenge #14 

to start this Challenge here is

the cheetah from Jungle Cruise,

the bats from Batman,

the great white shark from The Shalows,

the giant Gorilla King Kong and

the alpha wolf in The Grey,

and as for my favorite animal, I  love cats, I have two at home, I find their company relaxing and those are very expressive animals, I also like the wolf, I find in this animal the wise and bestial side and very discreet too, d  elsewhere very rare to see one and it provides this mysterious effect

20221211_213224.jpg

Edited by bilbon
  • Like 21

CHALLENGE #13: What’s Good on T.V.

Unlucky for some challenge 13 is upon us … T.V series … 

1. LOST

The first T.V series’s I bought into was Lost  , say what you will about this series it certainly kept you going with the storylines plot twists and turns … and boy was the black smoke scary … 

E0729325-FEBD-43D1-89FD-FBC468F63752.thumb.jpeg.43ed88893f1237d8623a509748af12cb.jpeg

2.  Breaking Bad 

What more is there to say about BB … for me one of the best tv series out there followed closely by the prequel series Better call Saul … 

702AD8FE-AE5A-4F47-8F83-96E8C705F9DB.thumb.jpeg.ac0f73d472808947028e46a45dee6ce1.jpeg

3. Game of Thrones 

What can one say , except ..Murder , Lies , deceit , incest and Dragons … 

D5B91464-72E8-4B37-AAA3-A778BF98582E.thumb.jpeg.85798d8b81e96c73ec753cf6fcfcbe88.jpeg

4. Farscape - Wormhole time travel into an unknown universe …

250653E0-8097-4315-8BB9-8A3BBC433D78.thumb.jpeg.d3abe6ab00ca89af9e3f54cb2e6eb5f1.jpeg

5.Marvel T.V….

Marvel again with a thoroughly good action series filling in between the movies and kind of giving the background info … must watch if you’re into the movies..

08F57669-0E1A-42C9-8E51-CFB3CC0EF966.thumb.jpeg.43b930fe89b820d6ada5e9c0477df54c.jpeg

Series I would like to see on disc are …

Altered Carbon 

The Mandalorian, in fact all the new Star Wars series 

Bladerunner : Black Lotus 

Thanks to @Catgirl For this challenge 

…. And onto challenge #14…..

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

Challenge 13:

I don’t actually own many TV shows on physical any more.  Well I have a few more but they are dotted out all over the place with parents and friends that I’ll likely never see again.

Scraped together what I actually have to hand in the house.

51B87741-6CFB-4152-8D98-81F909E16EFE.thumb.jpeg.d6d167921fdb1e180625796b451286e4.jpeg

1:  Battlestar Galactica - This is a really great remake.  First watched it when I came out and bought this set to rewatch with my wife but sadly haven’t got around to it yet.

2:  Blackadder - Absolute classic.  Was just about too young when these first aired but they got plenty of reruns when I was a kid so saw them all plenty of times.  Bought for pure nostalgia and look forward to watching them all again.  Don’t think it’ll ever get old.

3:  Bo’ Selecta - Loved this show in my late teens.  Some of the characters were just so stupidly over the top but still worked.  Never worked out why every single one had the same massive glasses but it added to the stupidness for me.  Keith Lemon was probably one of my least favourite characters from the show but he endures even now and I do enjoy Celebrity Juice whenever I remember to watch it.

4:  Eerie Indiana - This set is actually my wife’s but we both happened to watch it growing up.  Could probably rewatch these as it’s been so many years but not sure how well it would have aged.  Some of the stories still stay in the memory like the subliminal advertising for the World o’ Stuff causing people to buy everything in a zombie state.

5:  Black Books - Another show from my teens. Bill Bailey and Dylan Moran really made it work. I mean a sitcom set in a book shop shouldn’t really work but I really does.  

Looks like most of what I have here is because I can’t grow up!!

As for the 3 shows I’d like to get a release, I’d say The Witcher, Alice in Borderland and Mandalorian.  Also outside of streaming I’d like to see a full blu ray release of Buffy.  Recently finished rewatching it and it was a pain choosing between the 4:3 and widescreen episodes.

• Like 23

Challenge #13. Thank you @Catgirl

#1 Twin Peaks

20221205-011627.jpg

Marketing clichés make the mainstream media announce another TV series that changed everything every once in a while, but, in my opinion, at least in modern TV times there have only been two series that have changed everything so far.

Twin Peaks was the first. It was something incredible, shocking, something that pushed us from the eternal inertia of the mainstream storytelling of the '60s and '70s to today. Before "Twin Peaks" the hits were mostly stuffy series, without depth, unable to touch certain topics or raise certain questions.

This David Lynch series totally changed television storytelling, inaugurating the TV era in which we still find ourselves today. A more adult, denser, riskier narrative, bringing us closer to certain abysses that we never peeked into before.

The theme is evil, where it comes from, how it arises; how someone good can become bad; it's that demon that can get inside. It's the dark reality that beats in the background of our lives, of our places, the one that each one hides in his house.

By the way, after the end of the third season, a brutal ending, hopefully Lynch has time for a fourth season. That ending. So surprising. So disturbing. So exciting. It killed me.

#2 Lost

20221205-011214.jpg

The other series that changed everything was "Lost." The massive anxiety of the public around the world around this series overwhelmed and burst the traditional system of distribution of TV series. People were willing to watch the next episode dubbed into Thai without subtitles just to go a little further.

When "Lost" began, the big series were distributed the year after their success in their country of origin, everything was much slower. When it ended, its finale was an event simulcast to dozens of countries around the globe. And the system had to change completely.

With "Lost" arose the need to premiere at the same time in many places, to broadcast at the same time, and to provide facilities for binge-watching series.

But more importantly, after "Twin Peaks", "Lost" was the next push to the standards of television storytelling. An incredible story where the most important thing was the characters, their evolution, with a level of depth unknown in mainstream storytelling, where the inner evolution of a person was brought to the general public in an easy and affordable way.

Almost 20 years have passed since its premiere, and it's still a current series, full of unrepeatable moments, iconic characters, not only a few...; and some of the best episodes and best season finales in history. What in other series is a súper event, sometimes here is one more episode.

I saw it again recently, and I enjoyed it even more than at its premiere. Freeing myself from the anxiety of knowing what will happen, I began to enjoy many details that I had not realized before. Even the obvious clues of the final even in the pilot episode.

In the end, beyond the deep originality of the story, i's a series that talks about second chances. ABOUT what you would all like to do and be if you could start from scratch on an island where no one knows you. What you would try to be, and what you would try to hide, not only in front of others, but also in front of the mirror.

#3 Hannibal

20221205-011516.jpg

I still find it incredible that this series was broadcast in prime time on NBC. A complex narrative, peppered with gore moments, and facing dark aspects of people and crime that go far beyond the usual limits of what a family sees when they sit in front of the television.

"Hannibal" is a miracle, a fluke, the meeting in the right place and the right time of a lot of talent at its peak. Mads Mikkelsen, Hugh Dancy, Lawrence Fishburne, Gillian Anderson; as well as the best Bryan Fuller, the music of Brian Reitzell, or the direction of people like Vicenzo Natali, among others.

In my opinion, its complexity and narrative capacity is above the quality of many award-winning series -even movies- of the last 10 years.

But it's not a series for all palates. Not at all. Slow, it requires a certain amount of patience and understanding; where -for me- everything really begins in the last chapter of the first season. Because "Hannibal" isn't about catching a psychopath; is about the brutal psychological combat between Hannibal and an FBI profiler, Will Graham.

Aesthetically prodigious, dark and twisted like few others, it takes us into the true insides of a psychopath like we've never been before. His devilish way of thinking, acting, feeling. What does he feel and how? And the elegance with which he does it.

The mere fact that they have managed to equal or exceed the historic work of Sir Anthony Hopkins is already very revealing.

And yes, I hope that they make the fourth season someday, when they solve all the legal problems that are around it. The end of the third season is brilliant, brilliant: capable of being a season finale and a series finale if necessary.

If there's ever a Collector's Edition anywhere, I'll be there.

#4 True Detective

20221205-012304.jpg

The second and third seasons are entertaining. The first, in my opinion, is television history.

A round, challenging, sick story, so well narrated in every way, that it can't be bettered.

My only regret is that the following seasons were not so good, but not being top does not mean being bad.

The job they did with the first season is brilliant. I don't know anyone who didn't like it.

#5 Mad men

ç20221205-011315.jpg

I started watching the first episode, and I thought it was well done, but I didn't find anything special about it. I didn't feel particularly motivated to continue.

When I saw the end of that first episode, and realized the duality of that magnificent Don Draper, I decided that I had to stay there.

And there are a lot of interesting characters, really entertaining plots, and a very interesting background of the USA in the 50s and 60s, even the early 70s, but, for me, Don Draper, his evolution, is so human, so consistent, and it's so well done, it deserves a pedestal in modern TV history.

In fact, the end of Mad Men is for me another of the best endings in the history of television. A really talented moment, which shows that in the end it's not only important what you do, but how you do it.

TV Series I would like to see released in physicall format:

• Mindhunter (I need it so much... as its third season...)
  • Black Mirror (All episodes/seasons)
  • After life

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

My 5 fav TV shows 

(1) Columbo , best detective series of all time

So glad I own this complete blu ray set, only available in Japan

(2) Cobra kai

Obviously stems from my love of tye films, but what a series Cobra Kai is

Seasons 1 to 3 were flawless, 4 was very good al, 5 tailed off a bit

I hope they don't over milk this and wrap it all up in season 6

(3) Marvel: Agent Carter & Agents of Shield 

The earlier TV series from Marvel

Agent Carter season 1 was awesome , season was okayish 

Agents of Shield first few seasons were good, dipped in the middle but loved the brilliant time travel in the last season

And I'm a big fan of Agent Coulson as a character 

(4) Saved by the bell

One for the old school, loved this comedy from the late 80s, early 90s

Used to be called Good Morning Mrs Bliss

Rebranded as Saved by the Bell abd became a cult series 

Very happy with this complete collection 

(5) Titanic: Blood & Steel

TV series originally aired in 2012 to mark the centenary of Titanic,  this TV series is brilliant 

If ever you wanted to find out about the political backdrop in which Titanic was built in Belfast, this is a must watch

An outstanding achievement. I actually enjoyed it more than the film

Three series I'd love to get on physical media

Being a child of the 80s, I would love to see

(1) MacGyver original series (not the reboot) 

There is some DVD existing but only for Region 4 Australia 

(2) Hammer house of mystery and suspense 

Not as popular as the hammer House of Horror series,  but this one is hugely underrated (but superb nevertheless)

There is a dvd release out there, but the quality is hopeless

Deserves a remaster

(3) Doogie Howser MD

Another classic 80s sitcom

U.S & Canada only had seasons released, but no universal complete collection exists!

IMG_20201013_004139.jpg.beebf04994d572ad9379a050b93bd963.jpg

20221208_091237.jpg

20221208_090603.jpg

20221208_090704.jpg

20221208_090949.jpg

20221208_090526.jpg

Edited by Parzival
  • Like 23

challenge 13

1. Game of thrones is one of my faves, even though the ending falters I still think it's great. 

2. Narcos is exciting and extremely well acted. Weirdly for me, the show ends at season 2. Season 3 is pointless and tries to carry on after pablo's death, which it doesn't need to. Everything is tied up neatly at the end of 2.

3. Cosmos Is beautiful and engaging. Talk about having your mind blown.

4. zatoichi. This may be cheating a bit but these are like hour and 20 to 30 min movie series that played on tv in japan spanning over 25 films, all connecting with each other and continuing the story. Great series and alot of fun.

5. Sopranos is also an all time fave. Everything I could ask for in a show is right here. Pure perfection.

I would like to see cosmos season 2 on blu ray. Last I looked there wasnt.

Squid game on physical would be great as well. That's all for me from what I've seen.

20221204_233124.thumb.jpg.22e9d727bb84f8ece620246d96643fb8.jpg20221204_233151.thumb.jpg.65af6fe082ef429d77d1a3b849604d46.jpg20221204_233216.thumb.jpg.5f6a5c6b5b2dbc0b5445e53da528e093.jpg

20221204_233043.thumb.jpg.edd46e28e3aebcea1079d2c55caab54f.jpg20221204_233240.thumb.jpg.e051d092806cddc64280c0f9c5fb1664.jpg

• Like 22

Awards

I'm back with a new porpoise, chapter 14, the animals! I fish I had some better puns for you guys, but I'll try not to hound you with too many!

1. Shark, clown fish, and Royal Blue Tang from Finding Nemo

2. Lion, warthog, meerkat, hornbill from Lion King

3. Horses from Lonesome Dove

4. Hellhound/monster dog from Resident Evil

5. Werewolf from Underworld: Rise of the Lycans

My favorite animal is a dog, or more specifically, one dog, my little Corgi girl, Juno!

33E9ADAC-6F38-4D23-BDAB-4A78C1AF49D2.thumb.jpeg.474bb880414a9f00736c816efbd5202e.jpeg

C3E9ED55-4E21-42EA-8CBE-ADD665BA4AD4.thumb.jpeg.437a86e2e37a08e2c8447bf87a83a0ad.jpeg

• Like 22

5 minutes ago, Chief_lookout said:

I'm back with a new porpoise, chapter 14, the animals! I fish I had some better puns for you guys, but I'll try not to hound you with too many!

1. Shark, clown fish, and Royal Blue Tang from Finding Nemo

2. Lion, warthog, meerkat, hornbill from Lion King

3. Horses from Lonesome Dove

4. Hellhound/monster dog from Resident Evil

5. Werewolf from Underworld: Rise of the Lycans

My favorite animal is a dog, or more specifically, one dog, my little Corgi girl, Juno!

33E9ADAC-6F38-4D23-BDAB-4A78C1AF49D2.thumb.jpeg.474bb880414a9f00736c816efbd5202e.jpeg

C3E9ED55-4E21-42EA-8CBE-ADD665BA4AD4.thumb.jpeg.437a86e2e37a08e2c8447bf87a83a0ad.jpeg

Juno is adorable. Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Reagh said:

Nice and spoiled. I love it. What are they’re names? 

The one on the left is JB aka James Brown and the one on the right is Logan aka Old Man Logan. JB was named “Jeb” when we adopted him and I couldn’t think of anything except “Jeb Bush”. He wasn’t responding to it anyways and when I said “JB” he perked up, so we went with that. A lot of people think Logan looks like Splinter, and he does, but I didn’t like that either. He does look like an old man with his white fur so I thought Old Man Logan! He has Wolverine’s personality too, guy goes crazy when he sees other dogs and wants to fight them no matter how big they are. Logan didn’t have a name when we adopted him, just a random street dog.

• Like 7

First of all...

Kitty Greetings and many thanks  to

@Catgirl

for this nice Challenge

MIAU !

So let's contribute to

Challenge # 13 - What's good on TV?

GAME OF THRONES

GOT.thumb.png.c847944fc8a1d9027af3f336581310e9.png

First one is a 'Usual Suspect' but had to be listed here, because the series knew how to stage a rich and fascinating world with impressive battles and epic moments like no other in recent TV history in a varied, brutal but also clever way.

The weaknesses that emerged in the last few seasons is not least due to the fact that they no longer came from the pen of the book author.

Nevertheless, the much-maligned ending is perhaps quite logical - because the previously adored dragon queen turned out to be a demon of that fascist horror that in the end is simply inherent to all too magnificent leaders, as history beyond fantasy has always proved, and reveals unscrupulous hubris.

So the choice of the wise Bran as the new king is just as unspectacular as the fate of the failed hero and at the same time proof that radiant hero kings are not the best choice and that a quiet peace is preferable to the raging war, because the latter only knows one winner in the end - the demise.

Die Brücke

932884714_DieBrucke.thumb.png.248a6cf04c0d2c3b701255c8880885b6.png

I absolutely love Scandinavian crime series.

They are dark and mostly reveal the passionate abysses that seem to rage in the apparently oh so cool soul of the Nordic inhabitants - at least on the TV screen.

This series selected here lives less from the murders, which become increasingly bizarre over the course of the seasons, than from the time that can be spent developing the characters - but above all from the investigator Sorga Noren, who often appears like a robot because of her autistic personality, under their closeness, however, is very vulnerable and is capable of real friendship, because it is based on truthfulness - much more steadfast than that of a large part of their empathetic environment.

An icon among Nordic crime series.

BABYLON BERLIN

2052609378_BabylonBerlin.thumb.png.bc09e6616e0c392c86dc5d0dd731b4dc.png

The series, which in my opinion is one of the best international TV productions of the last decade, creates a truly impressive panorama of the "golden" 1920s in Berlin between the world wars. Sex, drugs, art and extremism dominate this epoch, which the criminalistic narrative framework authentically depicts with a high degree of suspense and a dark atmosphere. In addition, it is impressive how both the hedonistic attitude to life of the time and the increasing tumbling into the following abyss are brilliantly conveyed.

Sherlock

SHERLOCK.thumb.png.fe4d355a3b43f485d2d8d85184c5fcd3.png

Fantastically staged. A large pinch of humor, cynical remarks and the brilliant duo of Sherlock Holmes, mimed by Benedict Cumberbatch with extreme arrogance and a good deal of neurotic psychopathy, combined with the laconic Dr. Watson, suffering from post-traumatic stress, but who, when it comes down to it, is quite effective and rescues his friend from many a predicament, played by Martin Freeman, and not least the highly sophisticated play with viewers' expectations make this masterpiece of British TV arguably the most intelligent production in the series landscape ever.

STAR TREK

P I C A R D

Picard.thumb.png.f6f7642c7cbb3938c016d43adad7524b.png

Of course, I am a fan of the classic Star Trek series.

But at this point I want to throw my hat into the ring for the newer series around the iconic Picard, which was not exactly accompanied by benevolent criticism, especially with regard to the second season, which by many was called boring and even the worst Series of the Franchise.

However, this one impresses precisely because it takes its time with the big questions that form the essence of the Star Trek universe.

And don't our times need people who, in a world of mutual fear, rampant xenophobia and a system that presents itself as all the more honorable,

the more of its ideals it sacrifices to mere security mania, hold steadfastly to their ideals and, instead of building walls, boldly go where no man has gone before?

Because the future must be written by us and not accepted ducked.

Because it is never too late not to carry the mistakes of the past into the present.

Or as Picard puts it at the end of the second season: "Time does not give us a second chance, but we can give it to us.

Especially the finale of the second season clearly carries the light and warmth that has always characterized Star Trek -

the triumph of understanding, compassion and openness for the value of every living being.

ADDITIONAL QUESTION:

Which Series should be released on physical Media...

THE RINGS OF POWER (of course!)

And naturally all STAR WARS Series

which, however, in view of the "Hey, why don't we completely destroy the disc market?"-Corporation

will probably only happen in galaxy far, far away...

And as always, I hope that You enjoyed my contribution !

:)

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1