IGNORED

Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! NEW: CHALLENGE 38 IS NOW LIVE!

extantsrevenge

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Christmas time 

6024D2CF-5CBA-4801-A856-17C1D84781AE.thumb.jpeg.2c1c7c68b56ba3afa8c94f33f17f7581.jpeg

The wife will probably choose a awesome Hallmark Christmas movie again this year, you know the one where a big city girl moves to her family’s failing bed and breakfast winter resort in a rural town. She wants to fix it up to sell it and get back to her important job in the city, but she soon discovers that the resort is important to the locals and with the help of a local handsome handyman they bring the resort back to its formal glory just in time for Christmas. Now she has a decision to make… does she sell to the greedy business man from out of state or does true love win and she decides to go with her heart and live happily ever after with the handsome handyman. They also solve a murder. 

• Like 16
  • Haha 8

8 minutes ago, Reagh said:

Christmas time 

6024D2CF-5CBA-4801-A856-17C1D84781AE.thumb.jpeg.2c1c7c68b56ba3afa8c94f33f17f7581.jpeg

The wife will probably choose a awesome Hallmark Christmas movie again this year, you know the one where a big city girl moves to her family’s failing bed and breakfast winter resort in a rural town. She wants to fix it up to sell it and get back to her important job in the city, but she soon discovers that the resort is important to the locals and with the help of a local handsome handyman they bring the resort back to its formal glory just in time for Christmas. Now she has a decision to make… does she sell to the greedy business man from out of state or does true love win and she decides to go with her heart and live happily ever after with the handsome handyman. They also solve a murder. 

I haven’t seen that one.  Sounds unique.  

Hallmark crowd sources their scripts.  Anyone can submit.   You send that in, more money for premiums.   

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Reagh said:

Christmas time 

It's funny I've never seen that one. My wife always watches the one where the girl next door from New York city named Ashley somehow manages to find her way into the life of a prince from Bavaria or Google heim. Or she finds her way into the life of a king from Ridicula or Switzersnow, and that king has a wife that died a few years ago and he, and his 9 year old daughter, are both depressed. And they live happily ever after. 

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

What a fantastic shot of a beautiful dog.  Go get 'em Ripley.

Thank you! She's the best, this is taken during one of her many daily land surveys, keeping our backyard in check 😆

Shot this on my iPhone, can't believe the camera quality on smartphones these days. 

• Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★

Week 15 Merry X-Mas Challenge

Well, I’m not a big Christmas movie fan, but I do have a few snow set movies to include.

1.  Hateful Eight

2. For Your Eyes Only

3.  Inception

4.  Doctor Sleep

5.  The Shining

BFF15347-BC17-4DA0-85BA-4AAE5DE093F6.thumb.jpeg.ecbdb1e1aa1295eb13b68fbbdd2628eb.jpeg

And what Snow themed list would be complete without a little film called The Thing?

35F9D7AF-4FCC-4E26-8427-8CA4D73F2792.thumb.jpeg.1ca29556cc376bc183111a5cfd8121e8.jpeg

As to what we will watch on Christmas, the wife will insist on Elf I suspect and later that night I’ll watch Krampus or Better Watch Out.

• Like 21

#challenge 14

dog slapping GIF

To me, when it comes to animals in movies, there is only one winner:

Walt Disney!

1.The Fox and the Hound

- Best animal story about friendship!
My favourite animal in this movie is the Fox!

2. Bambi

- If you think you're not able to cry...well, watch this movie!

My favourite animal in this movie is the Doe!

3. Lady and the Tramp

- Spaghetti, love and dogs!

My favourite animals in this movie are the cats.

4. Tangled

- One of the most funniest interpretation of a tale!
My favourite animal in this movie is, of course, the Horse!

5. A Bug's Life

- Shows us Bugs as lovely creatures!
My favourite animal in this movie is the

Caterpillar!

My most favourite animal in a movie - honestly, I can't decide, because I also adore Remy, the Rat, so I have two (both equally!):

a Fox, the smartest and a Rat, the coolest!

Fox Licking GIF

peter jackson 90s GIF

IMG_20221218_193341.jpg

Edited by javi
spelling
  • Like 20

Hello all! Apologies for being incommunicado for the past few challenges. I was out of town for the holidays for what should have been just a week, but turned into three weeks due to a massive weather system that dropped a ton of snow. And on top of all that, everybody in the household got sick which further delayed our return home. So...I hope I'm not too late for my submission for...

Challenge 14 - The Animals

20221218_103045.thumb.jpg.49e7de9dbc00f4c8baa7aff99c4db159.jpg

A Bug's Life - Ant

Finding Dory - Octopus

The Lion King - Lion

The Meg - Shark

Rampage - Gorilla

We've always had cats at my house so I guess you could say I really like cats. When I was younger, we tried to have a dog. Mom brought home a puppy, but the poor thing hated being alone all the time since my sister and I were always at school and Mom worked. The poor thing got so lonely that he chewed it's way through the fence in the backyard because he heard my neighbor back there lol. Got stuck between both our fences, which is where we found him when we came home. So he didn't last long lol.

I'm also a huge fan of sharks. Loved them when I was a kid, ever since I went to an aquarium and saw them for the first time.

• Like 22

Xmas Special Challenge - "Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow" 🌨

Magnifique - Salut @R1s1ngs0n 🥂🎄

Seeing as how these only come out of their box once a year, let’s do this one all soppy and properly shall we. I really do need to replace these with BluRays though. I put it off every year but I think this could well be the last year for these DVD’s to go back in the loft with the decorations. 

Scrooged is probably my Fav “True” Christmas Movie. Really looking forward to seeing Violent Night at some point. Could even be a blind buy to start the new Christmas Blu-ray collection for next year. 

Friday night I watched Krampus, and last night I watched Christmas specials of Only Fools and Horses, Absolutely Fabulous and Mrs Browns Boys.

69BB08AB-32D3-40F8-927B-354DADCE60BF.thumb.jpeg.c6bfc6b6dcd69c14a415f1a36a8d21be.jpeg

Next weekend, Friday will see drinks with old friends after work. Saturday will be driving and gift swapping with Family, but I expect Saturday night will either be a regular viewing of either Gremlins or Home Alone, or a premiere of Spirited on Apple TV. All three will be watched at some point over this week, I am just unsure which one will take the all important Christmas Eve slot.

But the most important viewing for me this year is the First Kings Speech on Christmas day since 1951! Historic moment for sure.

I am sure I will say this more than once over the next week, but Merry Christmas Everyone! Wishing you all a wonderful Festive Holiday no matter how you spend it. ❤️

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

🥤🤠 🎬 🎄 Thank you @R1s1ngs0n for this appropriate challenge 🙌👍

Merry Christmas Challenge "Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow" ❄️

1. Miracle on 34th Street - absolutely love this movie with the very cute Natalie Wood and a great Santa in Edmund Gwinn❣️

2. Home Alone - positively one of the best christmas comedies to date with so many funny scenes, love it 😆 

3. Christmas Vacation - another classic christmas caper with the always funny Chevy and his cousin Eddie 😂 

4. The Bishop’s Wife - a very entertaining film with the magnificent Cary, David Niven and the beautiful Loretta 😘

5. A Christmas Carol - a superb & fav rendition of mine from the great novel from Charles Dickens, George is marvelous as Scrooge and love the scenes with the coldness atmosphere :)

*The Nativity Story*

my fav Christmas Story of all-time for me that is a must see every Christmas season for us❣️ 🎄 🙏

01C93A10-0027-4430-B789-A3526CD58EC8.thumb.jpeg.265e50667ca3ebf406c90dd3ebf1adcc.jpeg

Edited by Veum
  • Like 23

• ★ Administrators ★
2 hours ago, Reagh said:

Christmas time 

What edition of Eyes Wide Shut is that buddy?  

• Like 1

@extantsrevenge

Sorry in Qatar right now, so can't physically send pics 

But I can share my list , with the promise of sharing pics when I return to London in a few days time

Hence would still like to be considered for challenge 14

My selection for 5 different animal on 5 different editions are:

Jaws (both Hdz and FAC)

GoTG vol 1 & 2 (Rocket & Groot)

King Kong 2005 (FA

Jurassic Park 1 - 4 (FAC )

The Deer Hunter steelbook

My fav animal has to be the classic shark Jaws

The shark practically re-defined cinema, and the film is an all time immemorial classic

They don't make movies like that any more..

• Like 12

Here are some for the Christmas/snow challenge:

Christmas:

IMG_1819.thumb.jpg.8e9ae3e2833efdb86d36e1ad264b0c55.jpg

The Chosen. Season one includes the first Christmas episode, and of course the rest of the seasons focus on the reason for Christmas himself. Fascinating series, really well done.

IMG_1814.thumb.jpg.1326c355e046bfb0f1bbc3e24079b6e2.jpg

A Christmas Carol (originally Scrooge). I love Dickens's novel, and in my opinion this is the best-ever movie version.

IMG_1818.thumb.jpg.5db531617c925c48766b2e294bb84b8f.jpg

Doctor Who, Christmas specials. From the sublime to the ridiculous.

Snow (movies in which snow is significant to the plot or a specific scene):

IMG_1817.thumb.jpg.fec624ddc652c7862241f60a51a047ef.jpg

Groundhog Day. "All of this moisture coming up out of the Gulf is going to push off to the east and hit Altoona."

IMG_1815.thumb.jpg.913ab12c5c4a9f7701f361a772c25819.jpg

The Empire Strikes Back. Sixth planet in the Hoth system. "That's it. The Rebels are there."

IMG_1816.thumb.jpg.af70f3c184f1066abf79408c5fcf570d.jpg

The Fellowship of the Ring. "Yonder stands Barazinbar, the Redhorn, cruel Caradhras..."

IMG_1813.thumb.jpg.bb104e945b02dd55ad928f8bbf80961b.jpg

Citizen Kane. "You won't be lonely, Charles..."

What we're planning to watch sometime this week: MIracle on 34th Street (original version). Haven't watched that one in several years, time for a revisit. :)

Edited by ethnosax
  • Like 18

Merry Christmas all! Thanks @R1s1ngs0n for the challenge! My movies are Nightmare Before Christmas, Die Hard (my favorite Christmas movie!), A Christmas Carol (with the awesome Sir Patrick Stewart!), Lethal Weapon, and Mixed Nuts.

23BDCC5F-B782-4A9E-8EAC-F5EE35CBA4A9.thumb.jpeg.3b2f9d619d8187c1148d75673fa965a5.jpeg

I will watch Die Hard, A Christmas Story, and then probably marathon some Rick and Morty!

• Like 19

What a funny (and hairy...) idea

@coupelle

So let's go to 

Challenge # 14: The Animals

1. BATS

BATMAN BEGINS

BLUFANS EXCLUSIVE WEA STEELBOOK

1030980367_BatmanBeginsBlufans.thumb.png.954a8f0bc98a58b881a5b5b3f52411f2.png

2. APE

(well, a big one..)

GODZILLA VS. KONG

MANTA LAB WEA STEELBOOK

1603890016_Godzillavs_Kong.thumb.png.3500e2cbd0d8b1bda5ab4be924c7e56b.png

3. DOG

There are so many funny dogs in animated movies. Here is a good example... 

COCO

1852731687_COCOBlufans.thumb.png.e5e4c212109eb1c337f33fa996d9ea0f.png

4. DRAGON

Attacking an Airplane...

SUCKER PUNCH

HDZETA WEA STEELBOOK

811389684_SuckerPunch.thumb.png.55f946b42046a373239b39153ac3c10a.png

5. TIGER | BEAR | SNAKE | MONKEYS | WOLF | BLACK PANTHER | GIGANTOPITHECUS 

So, we really have a bunch of (more or less) nice Pets here...

DISNEY'S THE JUNGLE BOOK

1051044390_TheJungleBookBlufans.thumb.png.ba92c966952750a01f21fa836c80db38.png

I don't want to close my animal selection without mentioning my favorite animals.

Apart from respecting all animals, I especially like the small, cute rodents.

From a cinematic point of view, that would be Feivel and Mrs. Brisby from the brilliant Animation Artworks by Don Bluth -

and of course the chaotic Squirrel from "Ice Age" (of course @extantsrevenge feels particularly addressed now...)

As always I hope You and Your eyes enjoyed my contribution.

And don't forget:

If Your pet is looking at You with concern, then maybe you've been a bit too beastly...

9_9

• Like 22

Challenge 14: Favorite animal... armadillo lizards are pretty dang cool just because they look so pretty dang cool. I mean Google it. Who doesn't love a mini dragon?? Pretty dang cool if you ask me.

1. Bear - Brother Bear

2. Camel - Lawrence of Arabia

3. Squirrel - Hot Tub Time Machine 

4. Dog - John Wick 3 Novamedia

5. Ape thing - Evolution 

20221218_161538.thumb.jpg.6963fb54f6a72f5f5ce03b5c35ad5146.jpg

• Like 22

Challenge #14. Thank you @coupelle

1. A dolphin. Audiard film with an interesting Plain Archive edition.

20221216-195503.jpg

2. A gorilla. An entertaining film by Peter Jackson with a good editing by Filmarena.

20221216-195601.jpg

3. A donkey. A Jacques Demy film with a nice anniversary edition of A Contracorriente.

20221216-195534.jpg

4. A horse. One underrated John Ford fil, in a magnificent collector's edition.

20221216-195750.jpg

5. Jaws. A wel known film by Spielberg, in the nice HDZeta edition.

20221216-195841.jpg

And my favourite animal... I've no favourite, but I like cows, they are really charming :)  Sometimes.

• Like 24

Challenge 14:

Thanks @coupelle for the great challenge.

1. Jaws: Shark

2. Dune: Sandworm

3. The Birds: Crow

4. Godzilla vs Kong: Gorilla

5. Raiders of the Lost Ark: Snake

My favorite animal is the elephant 🐘.  They are such amazingly large and unique animals.  Have always been fascinated by them.

20221218_232229.thumb.jpg.73ae5a7799e47ac4c92d10128812f97e.jpg

• Like 22

Challenge 15:

Thanks @R1s1ngs0n for the very timely challenge and Merry Christmas!

1. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

2. Elf

3. A Christmas Story

4. Home Alone

5. How the Grinch Stole Christmas

I think this week we are going to watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, one of my all time favorite Christmas movies.  Even added a pic of the back of the steelbook for @extantsrevenge

20221218_233654.thumb.jpg.9fe78fb226b6434cccb303ad6bb703ff.jpg

20221218_234737.thumb.jpg.bf7f376e880270b5459320c0a589d403.jpg

• Like 22