IGNORED

Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! NEW: CHALLENGE 38 IS NOW LIVE!

extantsrevenge

2 hours ago, Mrdugan said:

Feeling like crap today, wife has been sick and her Covid test turned positive today. Pretty sure I have it too. This will both of ours first Covid illness, pretty good streak we had. I didn’t think I had the energy to do this today but these dynamic duos popped into my head and had to post them.

Sorry bud, I missed this part, and hopped straight to your movies.  Take care!  I hope you both rebound to full force with the quickness.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★

CHALLENGE 17 :

1 - Bad Boys

2 - Stuber (Probably one of the most unlikely duo, but it works 🙂)

3 - Speed

4 - Men In Black

5 - 48 Hrs

E4931599-4E36-4BDF-8D1E-C408BF505369.thumb.jpeg.0e0b36af94fb5077469c42bfab96a13e.jpeg

I would like a premium Steelbook release for the movie The Bodyguard’s Hitman, it would be awesome. And of course, the Lethal weapon saga 🙂

Thank you @raylight for this new challenge, great idea once again 👌🏻

• Like 23

Challenge 16:  

Very aptly named.  There’s untold but I’m running out of time to submit so rushing.  There’s so many older movies I’d like to add but this is list sound.

Terminator 2

The Dark Knight

Aliens

Lord of The Rings

John Wick

The Matrix

Beetlejuice

Blade Runner

John Wick 2

The Terminator

I’ll tell you exactly what edition I want and by whom!  Give me Terminator 2 by HDZeta for the love of god!

C69D044A-ABE8-4427-9E39-AE307780FD48.thumb.jpeg.03f9936f2e8ef8c6e6b776a4c939ee47.jpeg

• Like 19

And on to...

CHALLENGE 17 - DUOS:

Val & Earl Tremors

Henry Jones Sr. & Indiana Jones Jr. - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Doc & Marty - Back to the Future

Agents J & K - Men In Black

C-3PO & R2-D2 - Star Wars: A New Hope.

Got a little creative with this one! While probably not the most action-oriented duo when thinking of Star Wars, their contributions to the franchise are just as notable. After all, their exploits begin all the way back in the beginning in ANH, and their brazen escape in that escape pod. What would have happened to the franchise if that pod had been shot out of the sky...?

20230115_125847.thumb.jpg.a999ffc5264669a732f3f3aeba5c6bea.jpg20230115_130054.thumb.jpg.859db7eb1e66fc76148431d88b6027fd.jpg20230115_125935.thumb.jpg.4cb1e16e6685d8696557a3abf502c13d.jpg20230115_125901.thumb.jpg.ae9dc8e6a896d875a45f81217c7fb287.jpg20230115_125951.thumb.jpg.5e456d8688ea5f03b537ca0dd053323e.jpg

Tremors deserves a "real" premium release. The Arrow and Zavvi editions don't count! I'm talking about a beautiful, fully embossed slip of the Graboid and its mouth tentacles in all their glory. Or a sweet lenti of the same. So much potential for a great cult classic (looking at you, WeET & Blufans).

• Like 21

Challenge 17:

Figured I’d get done early this week.  Have done 6 in case any don’t fit the bill.

Terminator 2 - Uncle Bob + John Connor + Sarah Connor

Ready Player One - Parzival + Art3mis + Rest of High Five

Blade Runner 2049 - Deckard + Officer K

Fight Club - The Narrator + Tyler Durden (quite like this as an entry)

Solo - Han Solo + Chewie

The Matrix - Neo + Trinity + Morpheus

As for a premium… Not a movie but I’d like a premium release for Attack on Titan anime series.  Action trio of Eden + Mikasa + Armin. Rewatched the first 3 seasons this week and just starting the final season now.

767BD1C5-85C7-4E4F-AA5B-4D2DE3EA5903.thumb.jpeg.24d75d8a0426ed75be5979523da08849.jpeg

Edited by bungral
  • Like 21

Challenge #16

Thank you, @Chief_lookout,  for making me suffer so much for having to choose. 

#1 2001: A Space Odyssey (Stanley Kubrick, 1968) 

1.jpg

It's a monolith. It is there because it has to be there. And it cannot be otherwise. It is art, it is cinema, and it is all that man can be. And the more time passes, the more I appreciate it. It has everything. 
In fact, even beyond the storytelling, the staging, the direction, or the music, you can take your eyes off the TV, press pause, and print whatever is on screen at the time. It doesn't matter what it is. It will be beautiful. 

#2 Mulholland Drive (David Lynch, 2001)

2.jpg

I love this film. It has become more and more important in my personal "sancta sanctorum". It is a work of art, which grows on itself, and where I can always find something new. The evolution of the narrative beyond the canons of the 17th-19th century European novel that has invaded everything. It's an experience, it's a dream, and above all, for me, it's life. The living portrait of a broken dream.

#3 Paris, Texas (Wim Wenders, 1984)

3.jpg

I saw it for the first time when I was still a child, and I was shocked. I didn't quite understand what I was seeing, I couldn't yet grasp the full extent of the characters' motivation, but I loved it. And it still does today. In my opinion it's a perfect blend of poetry and existentialism, and, as difficult as it may seem, it still connects very well with very real feelings, more common than we like to confess.

For me, a great little masterpiece, clearly underrated and perhaps somewhat unjustly forgotten.

#4 In the mood for love (Wong Kar Wai, 2000)

4.jpg

For many years I paid for a pay channel just to discover gems like this, which I didn't have easy access to at the time. And it was a totally wise investment.

Probably the most romantic film ever; but not under a sappy, artificial romanticism; but realistic and poetic at the same time. How difficult it is to mix these two concepts in a film that, visually and musically, is overwhelming.  I think it's a perfect film.

Some people watch their favourite films frequently. This one I try to dose it, I want to maintain a certain capacity to surprise, or at least to perceive the same thing again. 

And yes, be careful with the looks on the stairs. Behind the eyes of someone you don't know there is always someone beating. 

#5 The Godfather (Francis Ford Coppola, 1972) 

5.jpg

Few films need so little explanation as to why someone might have it among their favourites. Just a comment: I was lucky enough to see it in a 4K re-release in a cinema in my city in March, a Premium cinema, a good place to enjoy a great film; I hadn't seen it for several years, and just with the beginning and the wedding scene, just with that, if the lights had gone out and I had had to leave the cinema I would have seen more films than in a long time.

Prodigious. A masterpiece. I always liked it; in fact, I read the book when I was 13 and I loved the film even then.

#6 Apocalypse Now, (Francis Ford Coppola, 1979)

6.jpg

When thinking about making this list I tried not to put more than one film by each author, because I'm a very authorial guy, and that could lead me to put several films by each of my favourite directors. But with this one I had to make an exception.

The first time I saw it, I was overwhelmed. And I didn't know anything about how it was made. How do you make a masterpiece like that? Because it's absolutely brilliant in so many ways. Only fighting against the elements, being a prodigious storyteller, can allow you to come out alive and then leave this on the table.

For me, watching it is still a ritualistic act that makes me feel like I've experienced something great.

#7 Blade Runner (Ridley Scott, 1982) 

7.jpg

I'm going to say a heresy: the first time I saw it I liked it, but it wasn't one of my favourites. Don't ask me why, but I didn't fully appreciate it. Sometimes it happens. 

Years later I saw it again on an old recording, and I thought: I have to see it again more calmly. With the DVD I loved it, and with the Blu-ray I was stunned. It's a masterpiece, and I love it.

I was lucky enough to see it in a superb cinema in a double bill when they re-released its sequel. I liked Blade Runner 2049 a lot, but this one... this is other thing.

#8 The eclipse (Michelangelo Antonioni, 1962) 

8.jpg

I didn't know Antonioni, nor was I particularly curious to try to see something of his. But one morning when I was at home I turned on the TV and on a channel (which today is TCM) there was an Italian film that I started to watch almost without wanting to. Slow, but strange; without action, but where people had a bad time, or a good time, and suffered, or enjoyed; without the need for fuss. Little by little I saw how the story developed, and I liked it a lot; but when it came to the end I didn't know what to say.

Eventually, I realised that the ending said much more than what most films say about such a situation. Souls - people - locked in their inertia, in a world that is basically alien to them; in this attempt to find a motivation in the imposed script so as not to have to face the fear of what lies on the other side if they break it. And, at the same time, a society that implicitly promotes loneliness, where the more people talk, the less they say, and the more important things are usually kept too much inside.

This fear of changing everything. Even if you are not happy.

I found it impressive, and although I have enjoyed other films by Antonioni, even more famous ones, or more accessible, for me this one has always been fundamental. I like it very much.

#9 Interstellar (Christopher Nolan, 2014)

9.jpg

I saw it on its premiere in the cinema, and it gave me the feeling of having again a certain kind of cinema, very entertaining but also adult; the perfect and balanced mix between making a film that you like to see many times, and, at the same time, giving a serious but accessible substratum to the concept of time. To what it entails. Because it escapes us.

Christopher Nolan is one of my favourite directors, and, although I could put several of his films here, for me the main one is this one. I adore it. And I'll never understand how it wasn't a massive hit, a historic blockbuster.

I also saw it when it was re-released before the release of "Tenet", and I hope to have the chance to see it again on the big screen. 

#10 La dolce vita (Federico Fellini, 1960)

10.jpg

I have always liked Fellini's films, besides the fact that he is a master, I have always connected very well with his work. Artistic, circus-like, existential, careful, vulgar and at the same time elegant.

Still in June I was lucky enough to visit the Fellini Museum in Rimini, his hometown in Italy. I had an afternoon free to visit the city, and I didn't leave. In fact, when I left I went to the museum shop and almost went crazy. It was a great day.

"La dolce vita" is a film that I saw very early, too early, and yet it always amazed me. It is a mixture of the world we live in, of what we would like to live in, of how special we would like our lives to be, and of the vulgarity that surrounds us, and which, even if we deny it, we sometimes take on ourselves too. It still amuses me as much as the first day; although I need to be in the right mood to watch it. No stress, eyes open, and something nice to drink. 

Other additions: just to do them justice, here is an example of three films that were left off the list at the last minute. I love them too.

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

The Steelbook Release:

Some of these films have truly magnificent premium editions. 

In my case, and although I love the collector's edition of "Mulholland Drive" that I have, and even knowing that there is a blu-ray steelbook, I've always missed a true definitive edition. Even something even more special of "Apocalypse Now". In fact, I'm waiting for a very premium release of "The Godfather", the one that was said here to make UHD Club better than the edition with goodies we were discussing. On that day I'll be happy.

As for favourite films without a steelbook, both "The eclipse" and "La dolce vita" don't have one, but I doubt they'll ever get one. It's a pity, would WCL be up for doing something even if it's not a steelbook? I'll be there. 

And the "Godfellas" thing is just crying out to heaven. It's clear that someone has to give us a definitive edition; and Film Vault's doesn't look bad. 

Who? I love UHD Club and WCL for these things. But if others do a good job, they're still my favourite films.

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 25

• ★ Administrators ★

Week - 17 “It Takes Two (or more)”

Lots to choose from so I went with what was convenient - 

1 - The whole team in Tropic Thunder

2-  Clooney and Lopez sparring in Out Of Sight

3- Elliot Ness and Sean Connerry in The Untouchables

4- Ethan Hunt and the MI team in Mission Impossibe 

5- Murphy and Nolte in 48hrs

Of these, I’d love a premium - let alone a steel - for 48hrs

E3D1211E-F13B-454D-A340-629BA13020EE.thumb.jpeg.4e56ce5aa16122bbcb4d71208f9be9a6.jpeg99DCBA9C-1494-41FF-9C68-D7143A764D5C.thumb.jpeg.7d7ac5cd187ac0bbfa3db6a66b399203.jpeg

• Like 24

Hopefully I’m not too late to squeeze in for Challenge #16

Even with 10 choices i feel like I’m leaving some of my favorites out; So here are 10 of my favorites in no particular order.

Dune 

Perfect Blue

Everything, Everywhere, All at once

DriveB4568D58-E64B-4302-B572-16937C298319.thumb.jpeg.5e37715d6bca08a781a738bb5b902d70.jpeg

Akira

Ford v Ferrari

Rush

Redline

Mad Max Fury RoadEF199CC3-9697-4561-936A-2DCC91D1FC93.thumb.jpeg.fde2383cab83dd43fe90b72af710dc12.jpeg

• Like 23

That really was a Chief's Idea

@Chief_lookout

😎

And the literally fitting name for this

Challenge # 16:

It's so hard to choose!

Because it's nearly Mission Impossible to choose, but here we go:

Ben Hur (1959)

This film deserves to be called a giant.
Accompanied by the grandiose music of the Soundtrack Score Mastermind Miklós Rózsa, Director William Wyler, with playful ease of storytelling, opened an adventure spectacle infused with romantic mysticism and a deep commitment to humanity that is still unparalleled today.

113101670_BENHUR1.thumb.png.d1daa4c894fa3a537cdbdcaa5401c8f1.png

LOTR: The Return Of The King

Another outstanding piece of great cinema.

Although the other parts of this incomparable fantasy trilogy also succeeded in a fantastic and independent realization of the novel, the final film

- not only in my opinion -

is the most impressive work and allows the open-minded viewer to sink once more into the world of Tolkien in a dreamlike, emotionally moving and soul-elevating way.

Star Wars V | The Empire Strikes Back

Star Wars has been with me since I was a child.

Nevertheless, I agree with many voices that the second part of the original trilogy justifiably ranks as the best of all films of this galaxy far away.

The far darker atmosphere compared to the predecessor, the brilliant musical accompaniment, spectacular space scenarios, a much deeper as well as more iconic drawing of the characters have shaped this part of the saga into a gem whose impact continues to this very day.

811797077_STARWARSV.thumb.png.070a24efa9629e444c4c084a24b4ea4d.png

Raiders Of The Lost Ark

The adventurous has many faces. Indiana Jones shows them all. With this film, Steven Spielberg succeeded in bringing back the great adventure film

- and at the same time creating one of the most iconic heroes in film history - to which the great John Williams lent a no less memorable theme tune.

The Godfather II

Although the first part of the trilogy is also unquestionably a masterpiece, the second part is the most cinematically perfect part of the trilogy

- if only because of its ingenious play with time levels.

The Night Of The Hunter

This is the only film in which the truly great character actor Charles Laughton sat in the director's chair.

He drew a fable of two children fleeing from a psychopathic murderer - iconically portrayed by Robert Mitchum - in the USA during the economic crisis of the 1930s, whose dreamlike, fairytale-like surreal images allowed him to create a work of art that was not only far ahead of its time, but also gave it the dimension of a classic tragedy and, moreover, at times came up with a emotional mood that reminded me in some aspects of the Oscar-winning animated film "The Old Mill" from 1937.

Conveying both the destructive power of ruthless greed and deep human compassion, this film created an imagery of nightmarish menace that still makes it an exceptional work that, like "The VVitch", the general public's taste could not do justice to.

2018281079_THENIGHTOFTHEHUNTER.thumb.png.31214f93c97fda9a5bce90277dca5ffb.png

John Carpenter's The Fog

As I have already mentioned at several occasions before - for me, this deeply atmospherical film is the perfect ghost story

- and at the same time one of the films I have probably seen most often in my life.

1854415431_THEFOG.thumb.png.231743c6780230f3f1e6f8f73925c6d4.png

Alien

It really needs no mention that, next to Blade Runner, this is arguably Ridley Scott's all-time masterpiece.

No matter how often I watch this incarnation of the closed-room adventure, this film always fills me with a quiet, comforting shiver.

ALIEN.thumb.png.5012673a20cefe3e62dea910c10ae640.png

AKIRA

I was lucky enough to experience this exceptional work in the year of its premiere. It simply swept me off my feet.

Since then, I have been captivated by its speed and transcendence - an overall feeling that finds its absolute equivalent in the outstanding soundtrack.

AKIRA.thumb.png.75e05a0df6ecaed04e52c51401c34004.png

10  Seven

Once again a masterpiece of atmospheric cinema. Brilliant, dark, obscure ...

and with that unforgettable finale that should make every postman wonder what he is actually delivering today....

SEVEN.thumb.png.b068661f59f6eb4c4e9b2ad14680b98b.png

One of the Movies I would like to have a real Premium Edition of (One Click, WEA-Steelbook...) is MIAMI VICE (2006).

There is really a bunch of great artworks that has been created for this Film.

(But I know it's  unlikely to happen until I install my own Label... :D)

Well I hope You enjoy my contribution and - as it is never too late for good wishes -

A Happy New Year

New Year Nye GIF by Bells and Wishes

to all my fellow Members!

Wish You all the best on every path You may take.

:)

Edited by F.M.S
Number 9 was missing...
  • Like 24

Hot Fuzz / Simon Pegg & Nick Frost

959EDE0F-C154-4BD5-90FD-7D640ED2CD9D.thumb.jpeg.d5c40e5629129d1c596fa89dd6539627.jpeg

Tenet / John David Washington & Robert Pattinson 

CAB92237-2869-4327-8A82-DB7729F8DA1D.thumb.jpeg.f35f7b13d0201b07d9b7ec6c1d559f45.jpeg

Road House / Patrick Swayze & Sam Elliott

311C4221-43A9-42FB-BA12-2C60E2C4F61B.thumb.jpeg.170d879e674275cef6662b5c2a0e14d5.jpeg

Hudson Hawk / Bruce Willis & Danny Aiello 

0A073858-0186-437F-B316-26840DD0EB5F.thumb.jpeg.611ae6563acf74811cb01b8b62e6b0a5.jpeg

In Bruges  / Colin Farrell & Brendan Gleeson 

84E81603-96C9-4365-94C5-91494CB630E8.thumb.jpeg.17873448f244cb6f2e815d8554289f1b.jpeg

Broken Arrow / John Travolta & Christian Slater

18D88984-8D64-48D7-8DB7-CB875902E53E.thumb.jpeg.3d2ac3092675e0b4540962ad8b29c5bb.jpeg

Under Siege / Erika Eleniak Left & Right. A truly dynamic duo 

CB1A7428-016A-461A-A5E8-E9DDCADE3A20.thumb.jpeg.5cf5afcce0860a720766212e3c260390.jpeg

A couple of action movies I would love a premium release for would be: 

True lies, Tango & Cash, Die Hard Collection, Under Siege, The Rock, Way of the gun, Tombstone, Demolition Man, Sin City & Django Unchained.

Edited by Reagh
  • Like 27

Challenge # 17

Mission Impossible     Ethan Hunt and Team

Miami Vice    Cop - Duo

Sherlock Holmes   Watson & Holmes

Leon The Professional     Leon & Mathilda

Unstoppable   Denzel & Chris up against an uncontrolled train

Legend     T.Hardy & T.Hardy

1.jpg.120cec95f920106bb9fad3ff54b65f2c.jpg

2.jpg.76002f230e3455ff7601d05787d458aa.jpg

Edited by CAYENNE-FAHRER
  • Like 21

Challenge #17

Thanks for the awesome challenge @raylight!

1 shutter island - leonardo dicafrio & mark ruffalo

2. Sherlock holmes - robert downey jr. & jude law

3. Se7en - brad pitt & morgan freeman

4. Men in black - tommy lee jones & will smith

5. John wick chapter 3 - keeanu reeves & lance reddick

+ Tenet - john david washington & robert pattinson😁

And I would love a premium edition of the hitman's bodygaurd

20230116_171006.jpg

20230116_192113.jpg

Edited by Cornrow
  • Like 19

My colleagues and me are very proud of you...

Despicable Me Minions GIF

You already found

85.png.a2048b8ea22497423d4d952e4718965e.png

different Duo's / teams

Spoiler

2 Fast 2 Furious
3:10 To Yuma
48 Hours
Baby Driver
Back to the Future
Bad Boys
Batman the Movie
Batman, The
Bill & Ted Excellent Adventure
Blade Runner 2049
Blues Brothers
Bonnie & Clyde
Broken Arrow
Brotherhood of the Wolf
Bullet Train
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Central Intelligence
Die Hard With A Vengeance
District 13
Doctor Who (Pertwee era)
Duck, You Sucker!
Edge of Tomorrow
Escape Plan
Fight Club
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Godfather, The
Hensel & Gretel
Hobbs & Shaw
Hot Fuzz
Hudson Hawk
In Bruges
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom
In The Heat Of The Night
Jesse James/Frank James
John wick chapter 3
Last Boy Scout, The
Legend
Leon, The Professional
Lethal Weapon
Logan
Lonesome Dove
Lord of the Rings
Matrix, The
Memories Of Murder
Men in Black
Miami Vice
Midnight Run
Mission Impossibe
Nice Guys, The
Oceans Eleven
Out Of Sight
Planes, Trains & Automobiles
Ready Player One
Red Heat
Road House
Seven
Sherlock Holmes
Shutter Island
Silence of the lambs
Snatch
Solo, Han
Speed
Spider-Man - Into the Spider-verse
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
Star Wars: A New Hope (C-3PO & R2-D2)
Sting, The
Stuber
Tango & Cash
Tenet
Terminator 2
The Karate Kid
The Untouchables
The Usual Suspects
Top Gun: Maverick
Toy Story
Tremors
Tron Legacy
Tropic Thunder
True Grit
Under Siege
Unstoppable   
Wall-E
Wild Things

I also put some entries into a "greyzone" list because they are - in my opinion - not 100% fitting but I'm not going to judge.

We wanna have fun and no discussions. 😇😎

Spoiler

-----------------
Grey Zone
-----------------

Movies I think which more fit in the "one man show":

Gladiator
Indiana Jones
Leon
Silence of the lambs
Die Hard
The Karate Kid
Logan

Under Siege
John Wick Chapter 3

Terminator 2

Others:

Star Wars: A New Hope (C-3PO & R2-D2) >> okay but not the real main actors
Blade Runner 2049

• Like 19

• ★ Administrators ★

Great further submissions for the Top 10 Challenge, lots of fun to look at these.

CrazyGrandioseIberianmidwifetoad-size_restricted.gif

Terrific list @nexusjuan.

Nice @Catgirl but why did you not include Cats (Movie) 😂 bombalurina.gif

Great seeing A Chinese Ghost Story here @Toapel.

@ajames212  👍

@Freeformfreakout wow 2 Shinkai in your list ☺️

@bilbon challenge 16 is getting you the Award, congratulations. Extra happy since you included Braveheart (which I personally thing got metioned by to few members 😁)

@Rambo also and interesting list which is leaving me slightly confused as it doies not include any RAMBO stab-oh-no.gif . Also I Saw the Devil did not just have the Plain Archive SB but also a zavvi Exclusive Steelbook.

@Trianna I love that list with the exception of Nightcrawler, great to see two Anime make an appearance. This challenge also got you the Award mitsuha-amazed.gif

Damn @ukade2327 with the exception of Hellraiser that is for me a fantastic list, such great classics included.

@JiumJium GiantCanineAndeancat-size_restricted.gif

Unique List @Scary Hair 😲

@TechSpec924 DKDk.gif love that one too 👍

@javi some surprising movies in your list.

@BreakBeatDJ thanks for the interesting presentation with explanation. A very diverse selection.

Awesome @bungral lots of my fovorites included in your list 😀

Stunning entry @Casiusco, thanks for going into so much detail.

@Emil Akira and Perfect Blue that is awesome, great Top 10.

And another cool entry with so many details, I love these, thanks @F.M.S

And now to our new challenge.

giphy.gif

Thanks again @raylight for the challenge and awesome presentation with video 🙏. I already love how many Duos are shown that I partly totally fogot about 😂

@bossjon @hal56 @Veum (Godfather is rather a strange choice 😅) @ethnosax @nerdist @R1s1ngs0n @mpmarcel @Mrdugan @Fortis93 @Chief_lookout @InfiniteDoors @cypheria078 @TechSpec924 @bungral @Gary K @Reagh @Cornrow

Welcome back @CAYENNE-FAHRER 😃

Welcome to the Challenge @Baphomet 👍

@Rambo for me Silence of the Lambs would not qualify.

@Miguelispro to receive points in the challenge you need to also present a picture.

Like @raylight said, some choices are not 100% fitting, but this challenge is supposed to be fun, so if it is not completely wrong we will move on and allow it, but don't overuse our goodwill 🤣. Impressive list already Daniel, hope it will further grow during the week.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 16
  • Haha 1

• extantsrevenge changed the title to Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! Week 17 Challenge is live!
3 minutes ago, Hecko said:

Challenge #17

1: Hot Fuzz (Pegg & Frost)

2: Men At Work (Sheen & Estevez)

3: Bill & Ted (Winter & Reeves)

4: Tremors (Bacon & Ward)

5: The Last Boy Scout (Willis & Wayans)

1E1306DD-13D4-4014-B79F-4F225CA86BAC.thumb.jpeg.c2ecf059753e52b7986db4d22e0b2192.jpeg

I would love to see a premium of Tango and Cash or Demolition Man.

Warner Bros. owns Demolition Man, The Last Boy Scout and Tango & Cash.

What are they waiting for? 😅

• Like 9

duos.thumb.jpeg.1e6c8004a95eebf5d34055f7d66c4e51.jpeg

Challenge #17 It Takes two

Love duos in movies especially when there is a counterpoint in the performances, when there is an excess of something in one of the characters and in the other is the complete opposite. The relationship between the two of them and the rapprochement between them is simply wonderful and I never tire of watching them.

So here is my list:

1. Star Trek , Kirk and Spock

2. Indiana Jones and the last Crusade, Indi with his father

3. Le Grand Bleu , Enzo and Jacques

4. Green Book , Don Shirley and Tony

5. Men in Black, K and J

• Like 23

Awards

thank you @Chief_lookout for the previous challenge, I didn't mention you so thank you

and place for

the new challenge #17

of our friend minion @raylight thank you my friend for this challenge, here is my selection

Shawshank Redemption

Indiana Jones

Dredd

Last Action Hero

Unbreakable 

20230116_131846.jpg

Edited by bilbon
  • Like 20

3 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

Great further submissions for the Top 10 Challenge, lots of fun to look at these.

CrazyGrandioseIberianmidwifetoad-size_restricted.gif

Terrific list @nexusjuan.

Nice @Catgirl but why did you not include Cats (Movie) 😂 bombalurina.gif

Great seeing A Chinese Ghost Story here @Toapel.

@ajames212  👍

@Freeformfreakout wow 2 Shinkai in your list ☺️

@bilbon challenge 16 is getting you the Award, congratulations. Extra happy since you included Braveheart (which I personally thing got metioned by to few members 😁)

@Rambo also and interesting list which is leaving me slightly confused as it doies not include any RAMBO stab-oh-no.gif . Also I Saw the Devil did not just have the Plain Archive SB but also a zavvi Exclusive Steelbook.

@Trianna I love that list with the exception of Nightcrawler, great to see two Anime make an appearance. This challenge also got you the Award mitsuha-amazed.gif

Damn @ukade2327 with the exception of Hellraiser that is for me a fantastic list, such great classics included.

@JiumJium GiantCanineAndeancat-size_restricted.gif

Unique List @Scary Hair 😲

@TechSpec924 DKDk.gif love that one too 👍

@javi some surprising movies in your list.

@BreakBeatDJ thanks for the interesting presentation with explanation. A very diverse selection.

Awesome @bungral lots of my fovorites included in your list 😀

Stunning entry @Casiusco, thanks for going into so much detail.

@Emil Akira and Perfect Blue that is awesome, great Top 10.

And another cool entry with so many details, I love these, thanks @F.M.S

And now to our new challenge.

giphy.gif

Thanks again @raylight for the challenge and awesome presentation with video 🙏. I already love how many Duos are shown that I partly totally fogot about 😂

@bossjon @hal56 @Veum (Godfather is rather a strange choice 😅) @ethnosax @nerdist @R1s1ngs0n @mpmarcel @Mrdugan @Fortis93 @Chief_lookout @InfiniteDoors @cypheria078 @TechSpec924 @bungral @Gary K @Reagh @Cornrow

Welcome back @CAYENNE-FAHRER 😃

Welcome to the Challenge @Baphomet 👍

@Rambo for me Silence of the Lambs would not qualify.

@Miguelispro to receive points in the challenge you need to also present a picture.

Like @raylight said, some choices are not 100% fitting, but this challenge is supposed to be fun, so if it is not completely wrong we will move on and allow it, but don't overuse our goodwill 🤣. Impressive list already Daniel, hope it will further grow during the week.

@extantsrevenge Nils what is so strange of the father and son duo of the Corleone’s? 🧐 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Challenge #17 It Takes Two! Thanks Raylight for the awesome challenge. 

Ghostbusters(Bill Murray, Dan, Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, Ernie Hudson)/ The Expendables (Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Randy Couture.... you can read the rest of the list

Ts8VP5v.jpeg

Bad Boys (Will Smith & Martin Lawrence) 

XcBn5A8.jpeg

48 HRS. (Nick Nolte & Eddie Murphy)/The Hitmans Bodyguard (Ryan Reynolds & Samuel L. Jackson) 

rwTof2O.jpeg

I would like premiums for the Lethal Weapon series, in 4k, with Steelbooks with the original movie posters as the covers. 

• Like 19