Manta Lab Drive (Manta Lab Exclusive #31) (WEA Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

R1s1ngs0n

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/20/2021 at 1:58 PM, FlanInTheFace said:

Ya I still havenโ€™t pulled the trigger on a One-Click. ๐ŸคฃOne day...

ย 

After an epic inner struggle to resist the temptation, I have failed. I have just taken a bite in the forbidden fruit and applied for an OC.

ย 

This sh*t was so bad that I even dreamt that I had bought it. I need psychological help,ย 

ย 

Animated GIF

ย 

My bank account right now

So It Begins Helms Deep GIF

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

21 minutes ago, Veum said:

ย 

@LeGonzeย too late for us now to change to a OC, being demand is more then supply according to staff!๐Ÿ˜‰

What?? But the Update Phase has not ended yet... ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”
ย 

Actually I asked for a change a few minutes ago... ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

Edited by LeGonze
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LeGonze said:

ย 

ย 

I know I was thinking of changing to a OC today until this post...

ย 

ย ย  58 minutes ago,ย ย R1s1ngs0nย said:ย 

Sorry but currentlyย we cannot take anymore requests for One-click.ย Those who still didnโ€™t update their choice or those who want to add or change to single editions can do so.

As of now, members who orderedย multiple OC are limited toย one copy as itย looks likeย demandย has far exceeded supply.ย 
We are still in the process of confirming quantities with Collectong so additional info will be given once this is clarified.

ย 

@LeGonzeย super troopers yes GIF by Fox Searchlight

• Confused 1

Spoiler
2 minutes ago, Veum said:

ย 

I know I was thinking of changing to a OC today until this post...

ย 

ย ย  58 minutes ago,ย ย R1s1ngs0nย said:ย 

Sorry but currentlyย we cannot take anymore requests for One-click.ย Those who still didnโ€™t update their choice or those who want to add or change to single editions can do so.

As of now, members who orderedย multiple OC are limited toย one copy as itย looks likeย demandย has far exceeded supply.ย 
We are still in the process of confirming quantities with Collectong so additional info will be given once this is clarified.

ย 

@LeGonzeย super troopers yes GIF by Fox Searchlight

ย 

ย 

@LeGonzeย me and you waited too long to decide ๐Ÿ˜ข...ย c'est la vie

ย 

Swing Miss GIF by MOODMAN

• Sad 2

il y a 37 minutes, LeGonze a ditย :

ย 

ย 

il y a 29 minutes, Veum a ditย :
ย  Rรฉvรฉler le contenu masquรฉ

ย 

ย 

@LeGonzeย me and you waited too long to decide ๐Ÿ˜ข...ย c'est la vie

ย 

Swing Miss GIF by MOODMAN

ย 

well then friends ๐Ÿ˜ž, how come you got screwed on that one, it doesn't look like you and I'm also surprised at this popularity for this film which is in my eyes magnificent but a lot of people are complaining about the ย lack of lyrics and action but that's what makes this film a unique genre and the few action scenes there are are of high quality

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Reading about this I actually wasn't too psyched, as I already own three copies of the movie, plus there is still one version I am on the lookout for (the Mondo X one), and though the movie is really good it is not my favorite movie, where I need every copy ever made. So, when seeing the first pictures, I decided to go with the Full Slip, as this is something really stunning, and something never seen. BUT reading about the OC, I now changed my plans ๐Ÿ™ˆ I'll try my luck in getting the One Click via the website (I usually always buy directly, and seen that you are already contemplating if you actually can secure enough copies, I guess you'll be happy that I don't add on your burdens :D ). I always order directly wherever possible just because then it's less of a hassle, fewer points where something could go wrong and if something does, I can solve it directly without involving third parties. But that's just me :)

ย 

Anyways, I digress. What I actually wanted to share with you, is why I believe that I already own the best of the best you could get for this film: It's the One-Click box from Birnenblatt, it has 3 different Mediabooks, all with never before seen artwork, the Box itself is stunning, and the star inside is the padded Mediabook - the first and only padded Mediabook I absolutely love and where I think padding makes sense.

Oh, and it also includes the Soundtrack on CD, which is another plus for this release :)

ย 

photo_2021-01-21_17-41-33.jpg

photo_2021-01-21_17-41-29.jpg

photo_2021-01-21_17-41-40.jpg

photo_2021-01-21_17-41-47.jpg

photo_2021-01-21_17-41-53.jpg

photo_2021-01-21_17-41-43.jpg

photo_2021-01-21_17-41-57.jpg

photo_2021-01-21_17-42-06.jpg

photo_2021-01-21_17-42-11.jpg

photo_2021-01-21_17-42-16.jpg

photo_2021-01-21_17-42-21.jpg

photo_2021-01-21_17-42-26.jpg

photo_2021-01-21_17-42-02.jpg

photo_2021-01-21_17-41-22.jpg

photo_2021-01-21_17-42-33.jpg

photo_2021-01-21_17-42-43.jpg

photo_2021-01-21_17-42-37.jpg

photo_2021-01-21_17-42-51.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bilbon said:

ย 

ย 

well then friends ๐Ÿ˜ž, how come you got screwed on that one, it doesn't look like you and I'm also surprised at this popularity for this film which is in my eyes magnificent but a lot of people are complaining about the ย lack of lyrics and action but that's what makes this film a unique genre and the few action scenes there are are of high quality

ย 

Iโ€™m at peace with it even though I wanted that Jacket cover... Iโ€™m still getting my DL (being content with what you can get/haveย is a goodย virtueย ๐Ÿ˜‰)

ย 

happy tv land GIF by YoungerTV

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Konan said:

Major difference : no steelbook

ย 

I know and never said something different, did I?

ย 

1 minute ago, Konan said:

And steelbook are what most people here collect...

ย 

So I shouldn't post about anything else, or what are you planing to say?

I just shared my opinion on this release. I am not too excited about the Steelbook, at least from the renderings it is not my favorite. Since today I haven't seen a Steelbook that is better than the one Mondo X did. Which is why I wasn't too excited about this title. Then I saw the Fullslip and thought to myself: "Wow. That's something I've never seen - I want that one!". And now, I'll rather have the OC, if I could get one. If I can't, well, that's live. And there are releases that I'd rather get, that I think provide more "value" for me ;)

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, pygospa said:

ย 

I know and never said something different, did I?

ย 

ย 

So I shouldn't post about anything else, or what are you planing to say?

I just shared my opinion on this release. I am not too excited about the Steelbook, at least from the renderings it is not my favorite. Since today I haven't seen a Steelbook that is better than the one Mondo X did. Which is why I wasn't too excited about this title. Then I saw the Fullslip and thought to myself: "Wow. That's something I've never seen - I want that one!". And now, I'll rather have the OC, if I could get one. If I can't, well, that's live. And there are releases that I'd rather get, that I think provide more "value" for me ;)

ย 

You seem easily offended and a tad aggressive...I was just mentionning that most people here would not be interrested in the mediabook since they collect only steelbooks. You post whatever you want anywhere, but since you post what you consider the best release (being a mediabook) on a thread aboutย a steelbook release, don't be surprised if i simply mention that the major difference is that this is no steelbook...

ย 

that said, guess what, i am not a steelbook person at all ! I am more into digipacks, digibooks, mediabooks andย special limited editions.

ย 

Edited by Konan
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Konan said:

You seem easily offended and a tad aggressive...

ย 

I wouldn't say I am - I was just irritated and was wondering, what you intended to say. Most people also don't collect Hammers, or prefer Amarays, still we've also seen people share their replicate Drive Hammers and Amarays of the movie in this thread. I just wanted to chime in with the release I find most attractive because it's something different (as is the OC which I also mentioned). Just if anyone is interested and loves to see what else is out there, that's all. So I found it rather aggressive to get an answer in "telegram style" saying "no steelbook. but that's what we collect". But maybe I've misread or misjudged your intention. I just love seeing pictures of other peoples collections and love sharing mine. If I had more time, I'd probably had just opened a separate thread but seeing how the discussion here also already included pictures of other releases, I just joined in ;) And yes, I know what the majority of this site likes most, I've been rather actively reading and posting this forum for the last three years now - still no one ever before groused about something not being a Steelbook, which is why I didn't get what you wanted to say (i.e. just because it's not a steelbook you think I shouldn't post it?!)

ย 

13 minutes ago, Konan said:

that said, guess what, i am not a steelbook person at all ! I am more into digipacks, digibooks, mediabooks andย special limited editions.

ย 

ย 

I love collecting all different kind of releases. A Steelbook can be absolutely stunning and beautiful, but focussing on collectingย  just one package type makes a collection rather dull and uninteresting. Some of my favorite editions are Steelbooks, but I also love Fullslips (regardless if with Steelbook or Scanavo Keepcases), Digipacs, Digibooks, obviously also Mediabooks, and anything that is special in any way. And I love seeing others share their editions with us as well. At least for me that's what forums have always been all about: Sharing the beauty of editions and the passions we have in collecting them. That's all what I've been doing the past years and that's all I wanted to do in here as well.

ย 

• Like 4

Guys .. itโ€™s not just about Steelbooks.... this is a media forum and as auch caters for all forms ...itโ€™s the Edition that counts not just the steelbook... I have the drive mediabook and many more editions I have are digipac ย editions ... take for instance the UHD club digipac edition.. they are fantastic and not a SB in sight... now play nice...๐Ÿ˜†...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

@pygospaย i for sure didn't want post a rude telegram. If you took it that way it is pure misunderstanding. At that point we were talking about "why so much interrest in this release" and i answered your post saying that it would probably not be much appreciated or sought after just because it was no steelbook.

I also love to see other collector's pictures...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ukade2327 said:

Guys .. itโ€™s not just about Steelbooks.... this is a media forum and as auch caters for all forms ...itโ€™s the Edition that counts not just the steelbook... I have the drive mediabook and many more editions I have are digipac ย editions ... take for instance the UHD club digipac edition.. they are fantastic and not a SB in sight... now play nice...๐Ÿ˜†...

ย 

Yup I collect, steels, slipped editions like PA, digipacks, Mediabooks, I just like nice editions of films I love.

• Like 5

Awards

• โ˜… Administrators โ˜…
5 minutes ago, psychoscot said:

ย 

Yup I collect, steels, slipped editions like PA, digipacks, Mediabooks, I just like nice editions of films I love.

ย 

Me too. I love mediabooks, digipacks, metal tins, and cool special editions of my favorite filmsย 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pygospa said:

Reading about this I actually wasn't too psyched, as I already own three copies of the movie, plus there is still one version I am on the lookout for (the Mondo X one), and though the movie is really good it is not my favorite movie, where I need every copy ever made. So, when seeing the first pictures, I decided to go with the Full Slip, as this is something really stunning, and something never seen. BUT reading about the OC, I now changed my plans ๐Ÿ™ˆ I'll try my luck in getting the One Click via the website (I usually always buy directly, and seen that you are already contemplating if you actually can secure enough copies, I guess you'll be happy that I don't add on your burdens :D ). I always order directly wherever possible just because then it's less of a hassle, fewer points where something could go wrong and if something does, I can solve it directly without involving third parties. But that's just me :)

ย 

Anyways, I digress. What I actually wanted to share with you, is why I believe that I already own the best of the best you could get for this film: It's the One-Click box from Birnenblatt, it has 3 different Mediabooks, all with never before seen artwork, the Box itself is stunning, and the star inside is the padded Mediabook - the first and only padded Mediabook I absolutely love and where I think padding makes sense.

Oh, and it also includes the Soundtrack on CD, which is another plus for this release :)

ย 

I wish I never saw this as now I want it

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, pygospa said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

Stunning edition! ๐Ÿฅฐ

• Like 2

Awards

Sorry only Steelbooks @pygospaย No Digi or Mediabooks allowed!ย ๐Ÿ˜ก

ย 

Seriously though that looks to be the best release for this movie. It is really really awesome just from the pictures. We don't get anything much like that in the USA. I am sure in person it is very impressive. I'd trade the ML OC for that anyday.ย 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2