IGNORED

What did you watch last night???

Basil

41 minutes ago, DodgyDave said:

Watched “The Great Wall” again last night in 3D. 
I think it is a great watch. Spectacular colour and effects. 
I know the movie “snobs” dismissed it, but I’ve watched it about 4 times and it is still a good movie. 
No brain needed. Ideal for me. :D

agreed ive watched that a few times, as you say good film no thought required just let it happen :D

• Like 2

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

🥤54E530F6-EABC-4B07-AF0E-CDA65C4FF56B.gif.1b122506c93262d0045d3e4957f77e6c.gif📺

A slow moving plot with the action on the Brotherhood of buddies from the Marine Corps Reserve that moves into civilian life and they try to make a wrong and make it right in their own way hey.🎬

Semper Fi (2019) 📺📺📺 Directed by Henry Alex Rubin

HONOR YOUR BROTHER

Cal is a dedicated cop who also serves as a sergeant in the Marine Corps Reserve. When his reckless half brother lands in jail for accidentally killing a man, Cal and his buddies hatch a plan to break him out of prison – no matter what the cost.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

well just watched the new midway film from 2019 

Directed by Roland Emmerich. With Ed Skrein, Patrick Wilson, Woody Harrelson, Luke Evans.

was redone telling as a story of history but in more detail of the persons in involved have to say this is done amazingly well. highlighting the people involved in a great new way to information i was not aware of.

shows my lack of american ww2 history. i had seen the original midway film this is a distinct improvement on that imho by quite a bit.

i suggest if in doubt you will want to see this for the story line alone. a firm 8 out of 10.

good film, go watch it 👍

basil 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

🥤54E530F6-EABC-4B07-AF0E-CDA65C4FF56B.gif.1b122506c93262d0045d3e4957f77e6c.gif📺 🎬

A slow burn very gripping type of western. Are the good really good & are the evil extremely evil that can change some of the people’s way of life. ... it can be very hard on families when evil invades with it’s lawlessness. John Cusack is very convinces as a truly debauched outlaw w/his gang of evildoers, hey.🎬

NEVER GROW OLD (2019) 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬 Directed by Ivan Kavanaugh

GREED DIGS THE DEEPEST GRAVES

An Irish undertaker profits when outlaws take over a peaceful town, but his own family come under threat as the death toll increases dramatically.

• Like 1

tonight me and the wife be watching The rise of skywalker. being wait a while of this to come along seems to have been like forever :D

to be released, well finally turned up tuesday, i get there will be thoses lovers of this film and there not so keen as they felt they where robbed in the last one.

for me personally i think jj had alot to try to repair from the last one and he did a good job with the time allowed, i had heard of an extended edition which had all been denied ignored but i still think that maybe coming myself, knowing how disney love to extract cash.

so we will see.

@extantsrevenge nils whats your thoughts on all of this?

basil 👍

• Like 1

🥤54E530F6-EABC-4B07-AF0E-CDA65C4FF56B.gif.1b122506c93262d0045d3e4957f77e6c.gif📺 🎬

Although this has been said & done before I thoroughly enjoyed the action scenes, musical score and the brilliant acting from the whole cast... I love these female spy-thrillers so much i.e. Anna, Red Sparrow SALT, Nikita, etc. Hey!😷

Atomic Blonde (2017) 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬 Directed by David Leitch

image.jpeg.56b22b3292e6e0a724275843e136559b.jpeg

TALENTS CAN BE OVERRATED.

An undercover MI6 agent is sent to Berlin during the Cold War to investigate the murder of a fellow agent and recover a missing list of double agents.

All I can say is JUST WOW... I really enjoyed the look of Wade’s Deadpool costume & hoped he would have been more like our Superhero Spidey... there are some good moments but just not enough for me though... loved his GF the lovely Morena Baccarin from the V series yeah!

Deadpool (2016) 🎬🎬🎬 Directed by Tim Miller

image.jpeg.70d9b57c66a66ad6a67d6bbcd785b3f1.jpeg

WITNESS THE BEGINNING OF A HAPPY ENDING

Deadpool tells the origin story of former Special Forces operative turned mercenary Wade Wilson, who after being subjected to a rogue experiment that leaves him with accelerated healing powers, adopts the alter ego Deadpool. Armed with his new abilities and a dark, twisted sense of humor, Deadpool hunts down the man who nearly destroyed his life.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

One of the new Netflix films last night. Nice to see Hemsworth in something different besides being Thor (which he is great at I may add). 

Fun watch, some really good action scenes and hand to hand fight work. Decent camera work but all in all, It was what it was, over the top action that's not gonna win any oscars but it wasn't too bad.

MV5BMDJiNzUwYzEtNmQ2Yy00NWE4LWEwNzctM2M0MjE0OGUxZTA3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_.jpg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

One of the new Netflix films last night. Nice to see Hemsworth in something different besides being Thor (which he is great at I may add). 

Fun watch, some really good action scenes and hand to hand fight work. Decent camera work but all in all, It was what it was, over the top action that's not gonna win any oscars but it wasn't too bad.

MV5BMDJiNzUwYzEtNmQ2Yy00NWE4LWEwNzctM2M0MjE0OGUxZTA3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_.jpg

Yeah I’ve seen a lot of previews for this, I looked decent. I might have to check it out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RAK said:

Yeah I’ve seen a lot of previews for this, I looked decent. I might have to check it out.

Yeah it wasn't too bad mate, I read some reviews online first people slating it regarding the plot and location 😂 some people have too much time on there hands. For what it's supposed to be it does the job. Let me know what you think mate. Some decent action sets in it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Robertm89 said:

Yeah it wasn't too bad mate, I read some reviews online first people slating it regarding the plot and location 😂 some people have too much time on there hands. For what it's supposed to be it does the job. Let me know what you think mate. Some decent action sets in it. 

well unfortunately there are a lot of people that expect every movie they watch to be masterpieces, and Oscar worthy. They can’t just sit back turn there mind off, and just watch a movie for fun. I’ll probably check it out soon, and will let you know.

• Like 3

VERY 😎 I mostly enjoy when our Super-heroes finally are a team w/each other & fight against... Hey!😷

BATMAN v SUPERMAN DAWN OF JUSTICE (2016) 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬 Directed by Zack Snyder

image.jpeg.a29ba4e6eef0cc6728147588c3299daf.jpeg

JUSTICE OR REVENGE

Fearing the actions of a god-like Super Hero left unchecked, Gotham City’s own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis’s most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

I don't understand this rating system

Huh? Have you not ever participated w/friends that rate their movies like 5 out of 5 stars, well this is a play on that & I rated this film to me as 5 movie clipboards 🎬 out of 5 clipboards 🎬 have some fun w/it, hey!😊

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★

I watched the Skywalker Trilogy (as it now seems to be called) over the weekend. Culminating with "Rise of.."

Watched as a Trilogy, "Rise" brings it all neatly to an end. It was a great stand alone movie too.

Once again JJ Abrams works his magic. 

I would like to see him move on to a Fantasy trilogy next. There is plenty of material out there to choose from.

We need a new Middle Earth type series of films, and he is the man to pull it off. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

9df4a85ea845402a2cac21d3c77ecb64.gif

What we do in the shadows (2014, Jermaine Clement & Taika Waititi)

I liked it and I didn't like it. I had a good time, it was an hour and a half quite entertaining; but, at the same time, it seemed to me more like a (very) long gag, than a movie itself. More a special episode of an entertaining TV show, than a funny movie.

I don't say this in a way of criticism, but trying to describe my own experience by watching it. Which, obviously, is -and must be- very subjective.

I had a good time. It was funny. But I won't watch it again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I fully understand the issues you mention wrt "What...Shadows" and thanks very much for sharing your thoughts @Casiusco. 🙂

I truly enjoy the movie but more for the love-letter they are writing to the old cinema Vamps than the on-again / off-again humour.

You are right though also, in suggesting there was a long running gag that was less than obvious; in my estimation it was a slap in the face to the new and latest supposed "Spooky Horror" fliks pumped out today off an assembly line.

Some of the humour though was very subtle and nuanced, which I very much appreciated as it would be meaningless to those outside the know of which they speak, however;

that does not give them a pass for the padding they did in some scenes that just went ooooonnnnn.... (i.e. "I'm a Vampire!"....)

Anyway, the pros outweigh the cons for me but it's not a monthly watch choice, heh.

edit: oh, just wanted to point out that the clip you included "Shame...shame" was a funny tribute to "Interview With a Vampire" (Pitt, Cruise) where the same offence had the vamp(s) incinerated by sunlight. So again, a joke only the devout would even get.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2