IGNORED

What did you watch last night???

Basil

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well just finally got round to watching 'The current war' which is about the race to supply power across america and the electric race, i love films based on true stories.

how distorted by hollywood not fully sure but this seemed good to me benedict cumberbatch plays edison and does a great job as normal.

they also had tom holland in this which have to be honest not soo impressed with his performance was ok but i think may just be a bad role for him, think he was more in it as is famous tbh.

overall film was very well done. and story splays out nicely and with certain things happen to edison along the way, particulary touching scene with his children but wont say any more than that.

my advice go watch good film give it 8 of 10

81qJ2xf37kL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

basil 👍

• Like 5

Dog Eat Dog (Paul Schrader, 2016)

V4cO.gif

I watched it at night and by chance.

Very bad rating,  topical argument. Nothing to push me to watch it, rather the opposite. Bad look. But one thing caught my attention: it was directed by Paul Schrader, the script was also by Paul Schrader, and the main characters was Nicholas Cage, Willem Dafoe, and even Schrader himself.

Oh, the writer of "Taxi Driver", "Yakuza", "Obsession", "Racing bull", or "The Last Temptation of Christ", and director of "Cat people", or "Mishima", with Cage and Dafoe riding almos-unnoticed movie from just a few years ago. Unknown and bad rated?  I was curious, and I started to watch it.

"Dog eat dog" is a thriller where three ex-convicts want to hit one more blow to earn money and start to have a more legal life. Add a post-Tarantino touch, a violent flavor that sometimes is reminiscent of anything like some histrionics"Natural Born Killers"; a grotesque comedic profile and inusual easy violence, and a lysergic perspective where Schraeder experiments with everything he can even on a visual level .

Honestly: I had a great time, time runned very fast, and I'm glad I didn't refuse to watch it. It's totally underrated to me. And it could have been a cult movie, entirely. The characters and dialogues of Cage and Dafoe have details to frame, from those movies that then leave you giddy to make jokes with colleagues for a long time.

But, at the same time, I understand its shortcomings. And where it loses until lost. The film was shot in just 25 days with very little money (Cage himself had to pay Dafoe ...), having almost all the staff with people from the last year -or just out- from cinema school.

In my opinion it has a brilliant first half, and a disappointing second half, but it gives me the feeling that it's lost due to the rush, the lack of budget, having to end fast, or wanting to end fast. As if it were all a test or a joke between them, they would have been careful with the first half, and decided to do as they could the second half.

It is not a movie that everyone likes, but, although from half onwards it goes down until it deflates, it has great details. And I had a great time, what the hell.

PD: Cage is named "Troy". Again...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Casiusco said:

Dog Eat Dog (Paul Schrader, 2016)

V4cO.gif

I watched it at night and by chance.

Very bad rating,  topical argument. Nothing to push me to watch it, rather the opposite. Bad look. But one thing caught my attention: it was directed by Paul Schrader, the script was also by Paul Schrader, and the main characters was Nicholas Cage, Willem Dafoe, and even Schrader himself.

Oh, the writer of "Taxi Driver", "Yakuza", "Obsession", "Racing bull", or "The Last Temptation of Christ", and director of "Cat people", or "Mishima", with Cage and Dafoe riding almos-unnoticed movie from just a few years ago. Unknown and bad rated?  I was curious, and I started to watch it.

"Dog eat dog" is a thriller where three ex-convicts want to hit one more blow to earn money and start to have a more legal life. Add a post-Tarantino touch, a violent flavor that sometimes is reminiscent of anything like some histrionics"Natural Born Killers"; a grotesque comedic profile and inusual easy violence, and a lysergic perspective where Schraeder experiments with everything he can even on a visual level .

Honestly: I had a great time, time runned very fast, and I'm glad I didn't refuse to watch it. It's totally underrated to me. And it could have been a cult movie, entirely. The characters and dialogues of Cage and Dafoe have details to frame, from those movies that then leave you giddy to make jokes with colleagues for a long time.

But, at the same time, I understand its shortcomings. And where it loses until lost. The film was shot in just 25 days with very little money (Cage himself had to pay Dafoe ...), having almost all the staff with people from the last year -or just out- from cinema school.

In my opinion it has a brilliant first half, and a disappointing second half, but it gives me the feeling that it's lost due to the rush, the lack of budget, having to end fast, or wanting to end fast. As if it were all a test or a joke between them, they would have been careful with the first half, and decided to do as they could the second half.

It is not a movie that everyone likes, but, although from half onwards it goes down until it deflates, it has great details. And I had a great time, what the hell.

PD: Cage is named "Troy". Again...

Alright @Casiusco I just ordered b/c of your nice review (it might be my ‘cup of tea’)...  I like Nicholas Cage, however he just was not cast in the best acted films IMO... I hope I like it or else haha 😂 

ryan reynolds ugh GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

10 minutes ago, Grendel said:

^^ Thanks for a nice review @Casiusco;

I've heard of this flik and I like all the players involved but it obviously fell off my radar.

I'll pick up an amaray of it soon.  🙂

Concur my friend!😉

• Like 5

🥤54E530F6-EABC-4B07-AF0E-CDA65C4FF56B.gif.1b122506c93262d0045d3e4957f77e6c.gif📺🎬

Underworld: Blood Wars (2016) 🎬🎬🎬 1/2 Directed by Anna Foerster 

PROTECT THE BLOODLINE

Vampire death dealer Selene fends off brutal attacks from both the Lycan clan and the Vampire faction that betrayed her. With her only allies, David and his father Thomas, she must stop the eternal war between Lycans and Vampires, even if it means she has to make the ultimate sacrifice.

Hell on the Border (2019) 🎬🎬🎬 Directed by Wes Miller

This epic, action-packed Western tells the incredible true story of Bass Reeves, the first black marshal in the Wild West. Having escaped from slavery after the Civil War, he arrives in Arkansas seeking a job with the law. To prove himself, he must hunt down a deadly outlaw with the help of a grizzled journeyman. As he chases the criminal deeper into the Cherokee Nation, Reeves must not only dodge bullets, but severe discrimination in hopes of earning his star–and cement his place as a cowboy legend.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 4

🥤54E530F6-EABC-4B07-AF0E-CDA65C4FF56B.gif.1b122506c93262d0045d3e4957f77e6c.gif📺🎬

Straight Outta Compton (2015) 🎬🎬1/2 Directed by F. Gary Gray

THE STORY OF N.W.A.

In 1987, five young men, using brutally honest rhymes and hardcore beats, put their frustration and anger about life in the most dangerous place in America into the most powerful weapon they had: their music. Taking us back to where it all began, Straight Outta Compton tells the true story of how these cultural rebels—armed only with their lyrics, swagger, bravado and raw talent—stood up to the authorities that meant to keep them down and formed the world’s most dangerous group, N.W.A. And as they spoke the truth that no one had before and exposed life in the hood, their voice ignited a social revolution that is still reverberating today.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

@Veum

PEPPERMINT (2018) 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬 Directed by Pierre Morel
Hell on the Border (2019🎬🎬🎬 Directed by Wes Miller

Straight Outta Compton (2015) 🎬🎬1/2 Directed by F. Gary Gray

After looking at your scores for these movies I noticed more than before that you don’t review the films you watch. You rate them but you don’t put your ratings in context by explaining why you felt the way you did about a particular movie. Of course you don’t have to if you don’t want to, but it would be nice to actually read your prospective on how you liked or disliked a film.

Edited by Hollywood E Rock
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

I watched I, TONYA (2017) last night which is a biography of the figure skater Tonya Harding. It was very enjoyable even without being particulary interested in ice-skating but it's more about the hardships Tonya faced, her destructive marriage, her abusive mother and the case of Nancy Kerrigan. Simulated interviews are spliced in throughout the movie which are based on the real interviews, some of the real ones are shown at the end credits. I really liked all of the performances but especially Margot Robbie and Allison Janney as Tonya and her mother respectively.

It's debatable how accurate the movie is since most of it is portrayed with Tonya as the "heroine" but  you can still hardly call her sympathetic because she never takes the blame for anything. All the interviews and everytime she fails, she blames the judges for judging appearance, she blames the fact that she is poor or her allegedly faulty equipment.

It's a interesting drama with some white-trash comedy mixed in and full of idiots 😂

tumblr_p4vso8Q3l31x0bvwko3_500.gifv

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Veum

PEPPERMINT (2018) 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬 Directed by Pierre Morel
Hell on the Border (2019🎬🎬🎬 Directed by Wes Miller

Straight Outta Compton (2015) 🎬🎬1/2 Directed by F. Gary Gray

After looking at your scores for these movies I noticed more than before that you don’t review the films you watch. You rate them but you don’t put your ratings in context by explaining why you felt the way you did about a particular movie. Of course you don’t have to if you don’t want to, but it would be nice to actually read your prospective on how you liked or disliked a film.

OK @Hollywood E Rock you got it...

PEPPERMINT - JENNIFER GARNER

UNDERWORLD: BLOOD WARS - KATE BECKINSALE

HELL ON THE BORDER - BASS REEVES

STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON - TOO MUCH VULGAR

How’s that for Veum’s 🤠 likes/dislikes of the movies 🎥 

john c. mcginley laughing GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Veum said:

OK @Hollywood E Rock you got it...

PEPPERMINT - JENNIFER GARNER

UNDERWORLD: BLOOD WARS - KATE BECKINSALE

HELL ON THE BORDER - BASS REEVES

STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON - TOO MUCH VULGAR

How’s that for Veum’s 🤠 likes/dislikes of the movies 🎥 

john c. mcginley laughing GIF

no veum how about was a really good film because of this is in story line or no the story was weak but thought x did really well with what they where given.

like a bit of a sort of descprition without given too much away.

not i thought x was hot and those blokes sweared to much.

its called a little more in depth, i think what everyone is getting at.

this below is currently a veum review how everyone else sees it, and i dont mean nasty m8 honestly i dont 👍

yDR66_.gif

all the best

basil :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Basil said:

no veum how about was a really good film because of this is in story line or no the story was weak but thought x did really well with what they where given.

this below is currently a veum review how everyone else sees it, and i dont mean nasty m8 honestly i dont 👍

yDR66_.gif

all the best

standing ovation GIF

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, xSNAKExPLISSKENx said:

@Veum 2.5 stars for Compton??? I will happily disagree with that. That movie was extremely well executed with an amazing soundtrack to boot. It very much captured the politics of what was going on in these young kids lives.

Hell Yeah Yes GIF

Correct lol, you should see some of the crap he gives 5 stars. 

He has an acquired taste in film lol 😂

Not a dig either mate 😉

• Haha 4

On 4/13/2020 at 7:16 PM, Veum said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@Hollywood E Rock

First time watch for me 😵 yeah I was expecting a much better film, though I love the concept of Pinhead mouhahaha!👀

They could have made a great classic horror out of this w/less gore/goo (kinda reminded me of some of the bad scenes in the sequels of the Night of the Living Dead haha) & more of a storyline w/ extremely scary moments that are more subtle & leading up to the scariest happenings as it progressed IMO!🤐

antichrist GIF

Hellraiser is a love story not a horror movie maybe thats where the confusion lies. And remember this was made over 40yrs ago. Classic film

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Basil said:

yDR66_.gif

all the best

@Basil

💡

Tim Robinson Yes GIF by The Lonely Island

18 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

Good luck mate, I made this point to him a while back lol. 

@Robertm89

talking season 3 GIF

8 minutes ago, xSNAKExPLISSKENx said:

@Veum 2.5 stars for Compton??? I will happily disagree with that. That movie was extremely well executed with an amazing soundtrack to boot. It very much captured the politics of what was going on in these young kids lives.

@SnakePlissken I’ll give you the music & production were right on, however I do not care where you were brought up, this behavior has no excuse what so ever IMHO friend!😉

nuff said from Veum hardy har har!!🤪

man police GIF by South Park

4 minutes ago, xSNAKExPLISSKENx said:

Hellraiser is a love story not a horror movie maybe thats where the confusion lies. And remember this was made over 40yrs ago. Classic film

Really?... a love story LOL 😝 

minions no GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Veum said:

@SnakePlissken I’ll give you the music & production were right on, however I do not care where you were brought up, this behavior has no excuse what so ever IMHO friend!😉

nuff said from Veum hardy 

I would be very careful to ever say that to any black person growing up in America, its gotten better but not much. Imagine being judged and hated and harassed literally EVERYWHERE you go because of your skin color. I donno about you but that would make me pretty angry. Imagine the police who are supposed to "protect and serve" go out of their way to harass you every time you leave your house. Imagine a life based in poverty and fear. All of this again, because of the color of your skin. Where and when you grow up ABSOLUTELY has everything to do with how you behave. Fact of the matter is we don't know how it feels to go through this.

I grew up as a street punk rocker. In a cowboy hick farm town. I've been spit on, thrown garbage at, called a Fag daily, harrased, jumped by groups of 4+ people, harassed by cops for skateboarding in the street... and I'm not even black.... it makes you very very frustrated and full of angst. All because I had a Mohawk and wore clothes that were deemed not acceptable by "thier" society.

Edited by xSNAKExPLISSKENx
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, xSNAKExPLISSKENx said:

I would be very careful to ever say that to any black person growing up in America, its gotten better but not much. Imagine being judged and hated and harassed literally EVERYWHERE you go because of your skin color. I donno about you but that would make me pretty angry. Imagine the police who are supposed to "protect and serve" go out of their way to harass you every time you leave your house. Imagine a life based in poverty and fear. All of this again, because of the color of your skin. Where and when you grow up ABSOLUTELY has everything to do with how you behave. Fact of the matter is we don't know how it feels to go through this.

I grew up as a street punk rocker. In a cowboy hick farm town. I've been spit on, thrown garbage at, called a Fag daily, harrased, jumped by groups of 4+ people, harassed by cops for skateboarding in the street... and I'm not even black.... it makes you very very frustrated and full of angst. All because I had a Mohawk and work clothes that were deemed not acceptable by "thier" society.

denzel washington GIF

@xSNAKExPLISSKENx

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, xSNAKExPLISSKENx said:

I grew up as a street punk rocker. In a cowboy hick farm town. I've been spit on, thrown garbage at, called a Fag daily, harrased, jumped by groups of 4+ people, harassed by cops for skateboarding in the street... and I'm not even black.... it makes you very very frustrated and full of angst. All because I had a Mohawk and work clothes that were deemed not acceptable by "thier" society.

IMHO there will never be an excuse to act or behave even if you are poor, a different color or religion... of course I know you will behave this way as long as you are spiritually lost. 😇

I’m one of the most discriminated against b/c I’m a Christian, my brothers & sisters have been tortured, sawed in two, disemboweled, etc. & the whole world today chastises us today, so I know of what I talk about... I have been around for awhile now so you know hey.

Also my friends the Jewish people have been hurt 😞 just as long or longer then us!😉

• Like 1

Spoiler
2 minutes ago, xSNAKExPLISSKENx said:

I'm sorry you had to go through thatand yeah some things kinda force you to "toughen up"...even just being a woman and having men just judge you by appearance and some even thinking you are lower than them or just existing for their pleasure. Though in my experience these are the minority thankfully. But everyone judges everyone and some think differences warrant violence and of course that makes people angry...being treated like second class citizen and getting attacked for reasons like skin color which are beyond their control.

And I think swearing really isn't worse than all the gore in movies or reality for that matter.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Veum said:

IMHO there will never be an excuse to act or behave even if you are poor, a different color or religion... of course I know you will behave this way as long as you are spiritually lost. 😇

I’m one of the most discriminated against b/c I’m a Christian, my brothers & sisters have been tortured, sawed in two, disemboweled, etc. & the whole world today chastises us today, so I know of what I talk about... I have been around for awhile now so you know hey.

Also my friends the Jewish people have been hurt 😞 just as long or longer then us!😉

@Veum I'm sorry this isn't true...the Christians led the Crusades they tortured as well and all of this is even hundreds of years ago! Christians aren't even half as discriminated as black or gay people or get that treatment since hundreds of years til today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1