IGNORED

Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! NEW: CHALLENGE 38 IS NOW LIVE!

extantsrevenge

Week 15 Challenge thanks to @R1s1ngs0n!

My submission:

Home Alone 4K Steelbook

How the Grinch stole Christmas (Cine Museum Lenticular)

Christmas Vacation 4K (Disgusting cover)

Home Alone & Home Alone 2 Combo Blu-ray

The Santa Clause 3 Movie Collection Blu-ray 

Christmas Vacation Blu-ray (Classic cover)

Jingle All the Way Blu-ray

Die Hard Blu-ray

The Night Before Blu-ray

Christmas Office Party

20221221_171942.thumb.jpg.2b81369a13e945a46ce079690e4f66e6.jpg

We watch Christmas Vacation on Christmas Eve, Home Alone Christmas morning and Home Alone 2 on Christmas night. The rest will be watched before or already have been. Merry Christmas to all Psychos!

• Like 23

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK week 15  Snow Ho Ho  here we go

20221222_150021.thumb.jpg.ab065089345648b7533ce9c583f98647.jpgEverest 

The Thing 1982 Obviously  now this mighty Turbine  edition for me is THE ONE captures the feel of a real bad snow storm .The bad bad ones always have a hit of gray green in the sky .

The Thing 2011 prequel  Sequel  to the 1982 events at Thule station a diamond of a steelbook the movie itself is no slouch .

The Day After Tomorrow  one if Roland Emerichs better movies one I wish I'd have court  opening weekend like the one above and my next 2 selections 

Everest WHY anyone wants to go anywhere near the top of this  beast of a natural  phenomena is beyond me . The human cost of disaster leaves the viewer feeling very small in the mountains  shadow. 

THE ULTIMATE  SNOW AND CHRISTMAS MOVE THE ONE THE ONLY 

RARE EXPORTS  A CHRISTMAS TALE 

IF YOU WATCH NOTHING ELSE THIS CHRISTMAS MAKE SURE THIS GOES ON YOUR NICE LIST.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE LISTENED AND WATCHED IT I KNOW ITS A FIRM TRADITION THIS TIME OF YEAR.

SO ONE AND ALL HAVE A GREAT AND HAPPY CHRISTMAS 

HUGS  AND LOVE Ann

Happy International Cat Day GIF

• Like 16

Challenge #15. Thank you @R1s1ngs0n

20221223-035311.jpg

• Un cuento de Navidad [=Un conte de Noël=A Christmas Tale] (Desplechin)
  • The Hateful Eight (Tarantino)
  • Encuentos en el fin del mundo [=Encounters at the End of the World] (Herzog)
  • Fargo (Cohen&Cohen)
  • The Revenant (Iñárritu)
  • It's a Wonderful Life (Capra)
  • Love Actually (Curtis)

I don't really know what movies I'll see these Christmas days, or if I'll see any movies. The most typical thing is to enjoy some time with the family without watching much television, and at night, after eating desesperated like bears, put TV on a program that makes us laugh a little. Maybe we can improvise a movie that the tipical big TV Channel show at that time.

If I can, I want to see "It's a Wonderful Life", I still haven't had the opportunity to use that steelbook edition that you can see in the photo. But I'm not a big fan of current Christmas movies. There still needs to be a new modern classic. Or maybe "Love Actually" already is.

I still remember when a couple of years ago someone thought of putting it on, to watch with the children. without remembering the scenes of the two extras preparing sex scenes...

The faces, oh the faces... :D 

• Like 17

• ★ Administrators ★

giphy.gif

to everyone who participated in the last 15 weeks in our fun Psycho Challenge.

We had terrific challenges so far and a huge amount of great participation posts.

Anyway the lights are on

74a11ae5d91e02ba23ef2ac369bcccf8.gif

the decoration is up

chip-dale.gif

and you realize today is

giphy.gif

Since most members are busy during this time and since I also want to spend time with my family we will not have a new challenge in the next 2 weeks.

But fear not

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Every member that has missed any of the 15 challenges or any member that has not yet participated but would like to do so can submit for up to 

giphy.gif

of the previous challenges in the next 2 weeks.

giphy.gif

Check out this post and see which challenges you're missing. And then choose the 3 challenges you want to do. Please only post 1 challenge per post.

Here is the list of our amazing Challenges 1-15.

Spoiler

Challenge 1 from @extantsrevenge:

Show us your favorite Lenticular Edition (that you own) and tell us why it is your favorite.

In addition let us know which type of lenticular you prefer? The one with depth only or the one with changing/transition images, include another 2 of your favorites of that type in your picture.

You are not allowed to use a previous award picture for the challenge! If you have not taken part in our Lenticular Award, now would be a good time to do so ☺️

Challenge 2 from @R1s1ngs0n:

Show us your 5 favorite Premium editions under the following stipulations:

- One edition only per retailer of your choice.

- The editions have to include at least one Asian release and one European release.

- The editions have to include at least one steelbook and one non-steelbook release.

A short summary explaining what makes each of these editions so special would be greatly appreciated, 

Please no pictures that show other editions than the once you selected.

Challenge 3 from @GuyIncognit0:

Show us the Top 3 "Extras" in your collection:

• extras must have been included in the slip, mailed with the release, or an MP exclusive product
  • you must only pick one of each type of "extra"
  • extras must be pictured with the release they're associated with

As always, a brief explanation as to why these are your favorite is encouraged.

What qualifies as an "extra"? Here are some examples:

• lenticular magnets/cards
  • posters, keychains, coins, etc
  • MP's TARS, Blade Runner Badge, release-specific magnets, etc
  • Pre-order bonuses

If it came with the release or from MP, then it counts!

Sealed collectors need not worry. There should be enough options outside of the shrink wrap to allow everyone to qualify. Show us what you can without piercing that precious plastic force field 😉 .

Challenge 4 from @raylight:

"SHE DRIVES ME CRAZY"

Make sure to watch the video for the detailed info.

Show us 5 different Movies with 5 different transport vehicles on the front.

- Every type of packaging is allowed.

- Every type of transport vehicle is allowed.

- Make sure you include 5 different types of vehicles.

- Also for example don't show Fast & the Furious 1-5 and say they have different "fast cars" on it.

- But you can show 5 vehicles that come from the same vehicle family! For example a regular Car, a Police Car, a Taxi, a Truck and an Emergency Transport. That would be okay to use.

And now search your collection for valid titles and present them here for the next challenge point !

Challenge 5 from @Gary K

There’s A First Time For Everything

a/k/a We Were All Newbies Once

For week 5, members need to dig back deep to when they first started collecting premiums.

To satisfy the week, you must post 5 different premiums from at least 3 different retailers that represent the first (or close to the first) you ever owned.

In addition, this week is all about our origin stories so for each release, please let us know why/how you found and acquired that particular edition and what about it motivated you to continue collecting that retailer or premiums in general.

Finally, one of the editions should be the one that you first bought when you joined MP, or the title that led you to MP.

Let’s see how we all got started!!

Challenge #6 from @InfiniteDoors
ABCDLMNOP: Alphabetize and Summarize!

For this week's challenge, we're going to be spelling our usernames with the first letter of a movie's title! (Un)fortunately, how hard this will be is entirely based on your name. We will also be sharing the origin of our names. Here's the rules!

• Only the first letter of the title can be used. If it starts with "The", use the word after it. If It starts with a number, use the first letter of said number. Numbers in your usename can also be covered with the the first letter of that number (for example 1 = One). Any editions will do!
  • Only one movie per letter. For those who think they can spam X-Men Origins: Wolverine, I've got some bad news for you. You can only use that movie once. But the other X-Men movies are fair game!
  • Tell us a little about yourself. How did you come up with your username?
  • Cheese It! Maybe you're short a letter or two. Well, you can always get creative! For example, let's look at my submissions here:

Challenge #7 from @Pbsw23

Creepin’ it Reel’

Here comes Halloween People!

This week we would like you to show us 5 different movies that are either Horror or Halloween themed. All Horror titles are of course allowed, but only 2 titles from one franchise. 

If you do not have any Horror titles and because it is Halloween this week, don’t panic because we are also allowing titles that prominently include the following:

• Witches
  • Ghosts
  • Vampires
  • Skeletons
  • Zombies
  • Werewolves

Please note that ALL other Monsters/Aliens/Creatures will NOT be considered for this Challenge.

All movie formats are inclusive (BluRay, DVD, VHS etc.)

And Finally, all Movie titles Must be of an age rating of 12 or above. No Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Casper the Friendly Ghost please and thank you. 👍🏼

We would like you to accompany your submission with an answer to the following question - What was the First Movie that you recall that Creeped you out?

Thank you and Let’s Go! 🎃👻💀🧟‍♂️

Challenge #8 from @Trianna

Somewhere over the rainbow~

For this challenge I want to bring some colours in this thread and put the spotlight onto the spines at the same time. So to complete this challenge you have to build a rainbow out of your collection.

Rainbow Reaction GIF by Declan McKenna

Which means you have to put overall 7 editions showing just the spines in the following order

Red Orange Yellow Green PaleBlue DarkBlue/Purple and Pink

You can use all kinds of steelbooks and premiums just no Amarays. But please (if not visible from the spine) tell us which movies you used.

We also would like to know in what order you usually display your collection: Colour-coordinated? Genre-wise? Name of the retailer?

Challenge #9 from @Gentleman

"Don't stop the music". 🎹 🎶

In the Challenges so far, we've mainly focused on all kinds of editions for movies. This time we want to highlight an important aspect that can make a movie so much more memorable - the Soundtrack. Music is an integral part of any Movie experience and many of them have amazing soundtracks/scores. Sometimes the soundtrack has become even more famous or successful than the movie itself. Therefore, the upcoming challenge will also be about the music that is closely related to the movies we love.

We would like to know your 5 favorite soundtracks. Take one or more photos of 5 movies and the corresponding soundtrack. Both must be in physical format. Which format doesn't matter (Premium Edition, Steelbook, Amaray etc. for movies / CD, Vinyl etc. for soundtracks).

We would also like to know what the first soundtrack was that you bought. Please tell us something about how you came to buy this soundtrack.

We are really excited and look forward to the challenge and your posts. Have fun and let the music play! 😉

Challenge 10 from @extantsrevenge: "Choose your Weapon"

179599305_ChooseYourWeapon.jpg.f38f26975a30d36b77c9efcdb474068f.jpg

Please show us 5 different movies from your collection that feature 5 different handheld weapons on the front or back of the edition.

Please also tell us what your favorite weapon for a hero and a villain in all of cinema history is (so 2 weapons 😉).

- Make sure that you only choose weapons that a person could hold in their hand.

- If a package shows more weapons, only 1 weapon is counting from that movie.

Challenge 11 from @ethnosax IT IS HAPPENING AGAIN

season 2 GIF by Twin Peaks on Showtime

A recent study from MediaPsy Co. projects that by 2025, 98.4% of all new film releases will be sequels to existing films. In anticipation of that coming reality, I present this week's challenge. This week, we are asking you to share five (5) movies in your collection that are sequels. Further clarifications:

1. Each film must represent a different franchise/series.
  2. Any film that was released after an existing movie counts as a sequel (i.e., prequels are allowed).
  3. No reboots or remakes. Only sequels.
  4. If a film you present does not have a numeral in its title, or if you endeavor to be especially clever or devious in your selection, be prepared to justify its status as a sequel, if questioned.

We also request the following additional information:

1. For each film you present, point out something about it that is superior to the earlier film(s) in the series. (Note: This doesn't mean you have to believe the sequel is better than an earlier film; we just want to know something you really like about the sequel.)
  2. Also answer this question: What is a forgotten, neglected, or underappreciated film that you love and believe deserves a sequel? (For full credit, you need only name the original film. However, we also welcome more robust pitches for plot development, characters, and so forth, should your creativity enable such elaboration.)

Our next challenge is:

Challenge 12 from @bossjon:  The Directors.

This week we would like you to show 3 different movies from your 3 Favorite directors.  Keep it fun and mix it up.

george lucas dream GIF by South Park

All formats are welcome. Beta anyone. 

In addition, Please indicate your favorite movie from said director, film does not need to be included in the pictures.

Also, if the director has released something that you just despise, spill the beans.  (Not mandatory)

Our next challenge is:

Challenge 13 from @Catgirl: What's good on TV?

Since we focused on the movies a lot already, this week the medium that has grown the most in recent years will become our focus. TV SERIES.

Show us 5 of your favorite TV Series. It is enough to show a season per Series but you can also show the complete series. Add a short comment what you like about the Series you picked.

This Challenge is about live action Series, so Anime and Cartoon have to stay out this time.

Since most of the Series are now on different Streaming platforms, we also would like to know the 3 Series that you want most as a physical release.

Enjoy the show.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

CHALLENGE 14 from @coupelle: THE ANIMALS

Dance Dancing GIF by AFV Pets

For this weeks challenge we would like you to show us 5 different animals on 5 different editions.

Every type of animal is allowed. Whether they are domestic, wild, aquatic, imaginary or legendary, everything counts.

In the tradition of challenge 4 & 10 the challenge seems quite simple to achieve, so we are going to limit the allowed editions to Steelbook, Premium, Mediabook & Digipack releases. No simple Amarays or DVDs will be accepted.

Please also share with us what your favorite animal is and tell us why.

Hope you enjoy the new challenge.

Our next challenge is:

CHALLENGE 15 from @R1s1ngs0nXmas Special Challenge - "Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow"

As Christmas is just around the corner, we thought it would be the perfect occasion for our members to share 5 editions of their favorite Xmas or snow themed movies.

Every format is accepted: dvd, amaray, mediabook.... even custom steels 😁 

Movies that feature a single scene that occurs during Xmas or only one scene with snow in it, will NOT count towards the challenge.

Also, only one type of snow is accepted, so don't try to be smart and post something like this:

HighCorruptEasteuropeanshepherd-size_res

And lastly, pls share the movie or movies you plan on watching next weekend with your family/friends.

And don't forget we have a huge selection of other awards you can get.

This time of the year is perfect to appreciate our collections and make some pictures for our awards. See the full list here .

And with that I wish you @★ Platinum Psycho ★ @★ GOLD Psycho ★ @★ Members ★ a

giphy.gif

and

2051758616happy-holidays-1.gif

tumblr_my5714cNcp1rrkahjo9_250.gif

• Like 26
  • Thanks 23

1 hour ago, extantsrevenge said:

giphy.gif

We had terrific challenges so far and a huge amount of great participation posts.

Anyway the lights are on

the decoration is up

chip-dale.gif

and you realize today is

giphy.gif

Since most members are busy during this time and since I also want to spend time with my family we will not have a new challenge in the next 2 weeks.

But fear not

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Every member that has missed any of the 15 challenges or any member that has not yet participated but would like to do so can submit for up to 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Check out this post and see which challenges you're missing. And then choose the 3 challenges you want to do. Please only post 1 challenge per post.

Reveal hidden contents

Show us your favorite Lenticular Edition (that you own) and tell us why it is your favorite.

In addition let us know which type of lenticular you prefer? The one with depth only or the one with changing/transition images, include another 2 of your favorites of that type in your picture.

You are not allowed to use a previous award picture for the challenge! If you have not taken part in our Lenticular Award, now would be a good time to do so ☺️

- The editions have to include at least one Asian release and one European release.

- The editions have to include at least one steelbook and one non-steelbook release.

A short summary explaining what makes each of these editions so special would be greatly appreciated, 

• extras must have been included in the slip, mailed with the release, or an MP exclusive product

• Pre-order bonuses

Sealed collectors need not worry. There should be enough options outside of the shrink wrap to allow everyone to qualify. Show us what you can without piercing that precious plastic force field 😉 .

"SHE DRIVES ME CRAZY"

- Also for example don't show Fast & the Furious 1-5 and say they have different "fast cars" on it.

- But you can show 5 vehicles that come from the same vehicle family! For example a regular Car, a Police Car, a Taxi, a Truck and an Emergency Transport. That would be okay to use.

And now search your collection for valid titles and present them here for the next challenge point !

Challenge 5 from @Gary K

For week 5, members need to dig back deep to when they first started collecting premiums.

To satisfy the week, you must post 5 different premiums from at least 3 different retailers that represent the first (or close to the first) you ever owned.

In addition, this week is all about our origin stories so for each release, please let us know why/how you found and acquired that particular edition and what about it motivated you to continue collecting that retailer or premiums in general.

Finally, one of the editions should be the one that you first bought when you joined MP, or the title that led you to MP.

For this week's challenge, we're going to be spelling our usernames with the first letter of a movie's title! (Un)fortunately, how hard this will be is entirely based on your name. We will also be sharing the origin of our names. Here's the rules!

• Only the first letter of the title can be used. If it starts with "The", use the word after it. If It starts with a number, use the first letter of said number. Numbers in your usename can also be covered with the the first letter of that number (for example 1 = One). Any editions will do!
  • Only one movie per letter. For those who think they can spam X-Men Origins: Wolverine, I've got some bad news for you. You can only use that movie once. But the other X-Men movies are fair game!
  • Cheese It! Maybe you're short a letter or two. Well, you can always get creative! For example, let's look at my submissions here:

Creepin’ it Reel’

This week we would like you to show us 5 different movies that are either Horror or Halloween themed. All Horror titles are of course allowed, but only 2 titles from one franchise. 

If you do not have any Horror titles and because it is Halloween this week, don’t panic because we are also allowing titles that prominently include the following:

• Witches
  • Ghosts
  • Vampires
  • Skeletons
  • Zombies
  • Werewolves

Please note that ALL other Monsters/Aliens/Creatures will NOT be considered for this Challenge.

And Finally, all Movie titles Must be of an age rating of 12 or above. No Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Casper the Friendly Ghost please and thank you. 👍🏼

We would like you to accompany your submission with an answer to the following question - What was the First Movie that you recall that Creeped you out?

For this challenge I want to bring some colours in this thread and put the spotlight onto the spines at the same time. So to complete this challenge you have to build a rainbow out of your collection.

Which means you have to put overall 7 editions showing just the spines in the following order

You can use all kinds of steelbooks and premiums just no Amarays. But please (if not visible from the spine) tell us which movies you used.

We also would like to know in what order you usually display your collection: Colour-coordinated? Genre-wise? Name of the retailer?

In the Challenges so far, we've mainly focused on all kinds of editions for movies. This time we want to highlight an important aspect that can make a movie so much more memorable - the Soundtrack. Music is an integral part of any Movie experience and many of them have amazing soundtracks/scores. Sometimes the soundtrack has become even more famous or successful than the movie itself. Therefore, the upcoming challenge will also be about the music that is closely related to the movies we love.

We would like to know your 5 favorite soundtracks. Take one or more photos of 5 movies and the corresponding soundtrack. Both must be in physical format. Which format doesn't matter (Premium Edition, Steelbook, Amaray etc. for movies / CD, Vinyl etc. for soundtracks).

We would also like to know what the first soundtrack was that you bought. Please tell us something about how you came to buy this soundtrack.

We are really excited and look forward to the challenge and your posts. Have fun and let the music play! 😉

Please show us 5 different movies from your collection that feature 5 different handheld weapons on the front or back of the edition.

Please also tell us what your favorite weapon for a hero and a villain in all of cinema history is (so 2 weapons 😉).

- Make sure that you only choose weapons that a person could hold in their hand.

A recent study from MediaPsy Co. projects that by 2025, 98.4% of all new film releases will be sequels to existing films. In anticipation of that coming reality, I present this week's challenge. This week, we are asking you to share five (5) movies in your collection that are sequels. Further clarifications:

2. Any film that was released after an existing movie counts as a sequel (i.e., prequels are allowed).
  4. If a film you present does not have a numeral in its title, or if you endeavor to be especially clever or devious in your selection, be prepared to justify its status as a sequel, if questioned.

1. For each film you present, point out something about it that is superior to the earlier film(s) in the series. (Note: This doesn't mean you have to believe the sequel is better than an earlier film; we just want to know something you really like about the sequel.)
  2. Also answer this question: What is a forgotten, neglected, or underappreciated film that you love and believe deserves a sequel? (For full credit, you need only name the original film. However, we also welcome more robust pitches for plot development, characters, and so forth, should your creativity enable such elaboration.)

Our next challenge is:

This week we would like you to show 3 different movies from your 3 Favorite directors.  Keep it fun and mix it up.

In addition, Please indicate your favorite movie from said director, film does not need to be included in the pictures.

Also, if the director has released something that you just despise, spill the beans.  (Not mandatory)

Our next challenge is:

Since we focused on the movies a lot already, this week the medium that has grown the most in recent years will become our focus. TV SERIES.

Show us 5 of your favorite TV Series. It is enough to show a season per Series but you can also show the complete series. Add a short comment what you like about the Series you picked.

This Challenge is about live action Series, so Anime and Cartoon have to stay out this time.

Since most of the Series are now on different Streaming platforms, we also would like to know the 3 Series that you want most as a physical release.

Enjoy the show.

For this weeks challenge we would like you to show us 5 different animals on 5 different editions.

Every type of animal is allowed. Whether they are domestic, wild, aquatic, imaginary or legendary, everything counts.

In the tradition of challenge 4 & 10 the challenge seems quite simple to achieve, so we are going to limit the allowed editions to Steelbook, Premium, Mediabook & Digipack releases. No simple Amarays or DVDs will be accepted.

Our next challenge is:

CHALLENGE 15 from @R1s1ngs0nXmas Special Challenge - "Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow"

As Christmas is just around the corner, we thought it would be the perfect occasion for our members to share 5 editions of their favorite Xmas or snow themed movies.

Movies that feature a single scene that occurs during Xmas or only one scene with snow in it, will NOT count towards the challenge.

Also, only one type of snow is accepted, so don't try to be smart and post something like this:

And lastly, pls share the movie or movies you plan on watching next weekend with your family/friends.

This time of the year is perfect to appreciate our collections and make some pictures for our awards. See the full list here .

giphy.gif

and

@extantsrevenge you def deserve a break to celebrate.  Thanks so much for creating/ managing these challenges.  It seems it has become a weekly routine for all of us to come together and share in these challenges and enjoy each other’s collections.  Every Sunday I look forward to the new challenge drop.  What a fantastic way to build community with people all over the world who share the same hobby.  You did that my man, you are greatly appreciated.   

Thanks Thank You GIF by Sound FX

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Chanllenge 15, Snow/X-Mas Special

Here my selection

• The Revenant
  • Snow Piercer
  • Hateful Eight
  • Rare Exports
  • Polar Express

Psycho_Challenge15.thumb.jpg.344843e4c0c92d4aefdd4ddb1e844428.jpg

Prior X-Mas the following movies are on the must watch list

• Polar Express
  • Rare Export
  • Home Alone
  • Die Hard
  • The Grinch
  • Three Wishes for Cinderella (Drei Haselnüsse für Aschenbrödel)
  • Miracle on 34th Street
  • The Family Stone

The last remaining film from this list (Polar Express) will be watched today.

Regards and Merry Christmas to everyone, Wolfgang

Edited by Toapel
  • Like 22

1 hour ago, Toapel said:

Chanllenge 15, Snow/X-Mas Special

Here my selection

• The Revenant
  • Snow Piercer
  • Hatefule Eight
  • Rare Export
  • Polar Express

Psycho_Challenge15.thumb.jpg.344843e4c0c92d4aefdd4ddb1e844428.jpg

Prior X-Mas the following movies are on the must watch list

• Polar Express
  • Rare Export
  • Home Alone
  • Die Hard
  • The Grinch
  • Three Wishes for Cinderella (Drei Haselnüsse für Aschenbrödel)
  • Miracle on 34th Street
  • The Family Stone

The last remaining film from this list (Polar Express) will be watched today.

Regards and Merry Christmas to everyone, Wolfgang

Love that rare exports Steelbook. I didn’t know that even existed!

• Like 4

vor 4 Minuten schrieb SilentasKnight:

Love that rare exports Steelbook. I didn’t know that even existed!

@SilentasKnight I guess only this german Steelbook was released. Ann already shown this also few posts earlier. If you look for such steelbook please note that a similar steel is available as DVD steelbook.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

giphy.gif

Anyway the lights are on

the decoration is up

chip-dale.gif

and you realize today is

giphy.gif

But fear not

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Thank you, @extantsrevenge, for hosting and maintaining all of these challenges! I've had a ton of fun with these, and the challenges have really made me step up and participate more on MP. You definitely deserve a break, dude!

Appreciate the opportunity to participate in the two challenges I missed, so I will be posting those shortly!

Stay Tuned GIF by MTV Movie & TV Awards

Have a great Christmas.

Merry Christmas Smile GIF by Freeform

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Challenge 8: Somewhere over the rainbow~

@extantsrevenge

@Trianna Thanks for this challenge🌈🏳️‍🌈!

Pirates of the Caribbean (zavvi)

The Wolf Wall Street (UK)

Ich - Einfach Unverbesserlich (DE)

Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest (zavvi)

The Grey (Novamedia)

The Greatest Showman (Manta Lab)
Drive (Novamedia)

Spoiler

My shelves are sorted by retailer Blifans, HDzeta, Filmarena, FIlmarena+Black Barons. As far as possible they are in chronological order from top to bottom. Exceptions are the OC by HDzeta. Editions by Marvel and DC that are not from Blufans, HDzeta, Filmarena, Black Barons are also in one place together. Everything else is largely unsorted. Christopher Nolan also has his own area of opened editions of his films. The picture from my profile is a bit older...;)

IMG_20221224_222146_edit_575419378088758.thumb.jpg.cb91dc2f2a9361bf0fd39c271b6dfcb9.jpg

Edited by sobmaster
  • Like 20

Challenge 7: Creepin’ it Reel

@extantsrevenge

@Pbsw23 Thanks for this challenge👻!

IT (HDzeta)

Crimson Peak (Filmarena)

Doctor Sleep (Black Barons)

Resident Evil 5: Retribution (Müller / Media Markt)

Hänsel and Gretel (Amazon)
The Shining (UK)

Spoiler

Horror/Halloween is not quite my genre. But if I don't count The Thing as Aliens here, maybe The Shining is my first horror film that I couldn't switch off.

IMG_20221225_000520_edit_581161462708715.thumb.jpg.ea9d1a3e566c64ff21734b6272e04232.jpg

Edited by sobmaster
  • Like 22

Challenge 6: ABCDLMNOP: Alphabetize and Summarize!

@extantsrevenge

@InfiniteDoors Thanks for this challenge🔠!

S-EVENTH SON

O-STRE SLEDOVANE VLAKY

B-ORDMAN

M-AZE RUNNER

A-S ABOVE SO BELOW

S-ABOTAGE

T-HE TERMINATOR

E-LEKTRA
R-ALPH BREAKS THE INTERNET

Spoiler

I got the name from fellow players from the early days of my video game days... It seems like I couldn't lose.

IMG_20221225_001926_edit_581862137752358.thumb.jpg.22688d59e955409674b50d1dc66ca1b3.jpg

• Like 20

Week 1 - lenti challenge

My favorite lenticular is Vinegar Syndromes April Fools Invisible Maniac slipcover. This was sold as a pre-order for 1 week around April first and the picture was just an empty hand with no real info on what it actually would be. VS was silent about this from April until November when they finally announced what it is. The lenti transitions from the full clothed picture seen on the slip to a nude pic. Lenti is hidden behind the full slip as I couldn’t get a non-nude shot! I’m not really a fan of nudity on covers honestly but I love this cover (maybe it being a drawing helps as opposed to a pic of a naked chick). Anyways, if you follow the boards and VS you know about all the drama this slip caused and I’m glad I took the $6 leap of faith back in April.

Despite this lenti being a transition, I actually prefer the 3D, single pic lentis. BluFans Dark Knight Trilogy are all you need as evidence as to why!

BAE8B329-E1FC-43B8-9BAA-233971EBA602.thumb.jpeg.f1c313edd6466e541f202edfac01f7ea.jpeg

Challenge 2 - Premiums

All of these are some of my favorites movies which adds to their specialness (I didn’t include my favorite movies like The Thing, Jaws, and Star Wars as I have featured them enough in other challenges).

Manta Labs - Ex Machina: this is probably my favorite full slip, absolutely gorgeous. 

CineMuseum - Goonies: another awesome full slip, love the artwork. CM reminds me of Mondo in a way.

NovaMedia - Pulp Fiction: great lenticular and steel, this copy I bought directly from NM back when one could do that and not have to wake up early for the drop and pray that you can beat everyone else.

UHD Club - Kung Fu Hustle: love the packaging, obviously. The only other UHD Club I own is Jaws. I try to limit those purchases to my favorite movies.

Arrow - Robocop: another direct from supplier purchase, this bad boy was lost in the mail for months before I finally got him. I was so happy that this package finally showed up!

AD2B1424-127D-4FB4-803C-6D1D76B79061.thumb.jpeg.a8ec880b77d184029a523a61e00cd49e.jpeg

Challenge 15 - Christmas Challenge

My parents are over and we just watched Glass Onion which we had been saving for this occasion. Highly recommend it. I enjoyed it more than Knives Out. Cast is superb. That was the only movie we had on our hit list for movies to watch, kind of disappointed at the theatre offerings this year.

Heres wishing all you Psychos a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year!

D3BB743D-0572-45D3-ACE9-1C6CD2665BC2.thumb.jpeg.de1671c1dc6161e195ad8b058e2beeeb.jpeg

• Like 18

challenge 15

here are my 5 snow/christmas movies:

- the revenant - fac

- wind river - fac

- everest - fac

- nightmare beforr christmas - amaray

- love actually - amaray

in the last few days i have watched multiple christmas movies, mist of them with my kids:

- nightmare before christmas - even when we watched it after halloween

- home alone 1

- home alone 2

- arthur chriatmas 

- klaus (beautiful film i discovered last year)

- s tebou mne bavi svet (en: i enjoy the world with you (classic film from 80s in our region, it was announced as the best czech comedy ever)

- pelisky (en: cosy dens) - another great czech film

- perinbaba (en: the weather fairy) - nice slivak fairy tale from 80s

IMG_20221225_192525.jpg

• Like 21

Since I couldn’t read instructions I will repost challenge 2 and 15

Challenge 2 - Premiums

All of these are some of my favorites movies which adds to their specialness (I didn’t include my favorite movies like The Thing, Jaws, and Star Wars as I have featured them enough in other challenges).

Manta Labs - Ex Machina: this is probably my favorite full slip, absolutely gorgeous. 

CineMuseum - Goonies: another awesome full slip, love the artwork. CM reminds me of Mondo in a way.

NovaMedia - Pulp Fiction: great lenticular and steel, this copy I bought directly from NM back when one could do that and not have to wake up early for the drop and pray that you can beat everyone else.

UHD Club - Kung Fu Hustle: love the packaging, obviously. The only other UHD Club I own is Jaws. I try to limit those purchases to my favorite movies.

Arrow - Robocop: another direct from supplier purchase, this bad boy was lost in the mail for months before I finally got him. I was so happy that this package finally showed up!

D7AC7107-9A51-4927-90C1-2D00C7B4C8A9.thumb.jpeg.ef385db47c6fdbf83de8b3dc85635888.jpeg

• Like 19

Challenge 15 - Christmas Challenge

My parents are over and we just watched Glass Onion which we had been saving for this occasion. Highly recommend it. I enjoyed it more than Knives Out. Cast is superb. That was the only movie we had on our hit list for movies to watch, kind of disappointed at the theatre offerings this year.

0DF90B0C-B067-405F-8D98-856B50DFD695.thumb.jpeg.392fdf0647033aa0d12f163bf47f65e2.jpeg

• Like 18

16 minutes ago, Mrdugan said:

Since I couldn’t read instructions I will repost challenge 2 and 15

Challenge 2 - Premiums

CineMuseum - Goonies: another awesome full slip, love the artwork. CM reminds me of Mondo in a way.

UHD Club - Kung Fu Hustle: love the packaging, obviously. The only other UHD Club I own is Jaws. I try to limit those purchases to my favorite movies.

Arrow - Robocop: another direct from supplier purchase, this bad boy was lost in the mail for months before I finally got him. I was so happy that this package finally showed up!

D7AC7107-9A51-4927-90C1-2D00C7B4C8A9.thumb.jpeg.ef385db47c6fdbf83de8b3dc85635888.jpeg

Very nice there @Mrdugan, I have that beauty ML Ex_Machina… I would really like to get that NM Pulp Fiction❣️

Well Done Reaction GIF

• Like 5

• ★ Administrators ★

I gave out points to the participants of the last few days.

Challenge 15 @Catgirl

good-job-good.gif

@Scary Hair @Casiusco @javi @Mrdugan @guri008

@sobmaster thanks for taking the chance to do previous Challenges, you solved 6-8 and with that you got the Award 😲

Will Ferrell Elf GIF by filmeditor

@Mrdugan for Challenge 1 you also should post 2 more Lenti of the type you prefer. Anyway with this submission you have now cleared all 15 challenges.

Text Reaction GIF by Omer Studios

Hope more Psychos take the opportunity to complete up to 3 previous challenges

are_you_psycho_enough_gleaming_metal_lila.gif.c89635bdb2ddeed2bdf73dc788a0378b.gifface_the_psycho_challenge_gleaming_metal_silver.gif.448d1aba3947a77504c8b03c6c2cfb8b.gif

• Like 15

• extantsrevenge changed the title to Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! Christmas Present is live!
Am 24.12.2022 um 09:08 schrieb extantsrevenge:

giphy.gif

Anyway the lights are on

the decoration is up

chip-dale.gif

and you realize today is

giphy.gif

But fear not

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Unsichtbaren Inhalt anzeigen

• Pre-order bonuses

"SHE DRIVES ME CRAZY"

Challenge 5 from @Gary K

Creepin’ it Reel’

• Witches
  • Ghosts
  • Vampires
  • Skeletons
  • Zombies
  • Werewolves

Our next challenge is:

Our next challenge is:

Enjoy the show.

Our next challenge is:

giphy.gif

and

@Blu Magic Ray look into the post from Nils. "Since most members are busy during this time and since I also want to spend time with my family we will not have a new challenge in the next 2 weeks."

• Like 6