IGNORED

Manta Lab Tenet (Manta Lab Exclusive #32) (WEA Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

R1s1ngs0n

20 minutes ago, Lordosis said:

***SPOILERS****

The final set piece just really did it for me emotionally that second viewing, when previous viewings hadn't hit me very hard (I've also got the best buy steelbook I've been watching, so I've seen the movie many times now). Neil running around this chaotic battlefield trying to save his friend just hit me so hard. My best friend is really struggling with psychological illness and I feel like that sometimes. Just trying to navigate this hopelessly chaotic environment trying desperately to save my friend. Chef's kiss. This movie is about the prison of time and the prison of our subjective experience and how love and friendship transcend that prison. I just think it's a really beautiful theme. Nolan was able to get at it in this movie without explicitly saying it, like Brand's speech in Interstellar (I love that monologue btw, which most people seem to hate it lol).

Here's something else you'll enjoy: On the soundtrack, if you play the track "Meeting Neil" backwards, you hear The Protagonist's theme—the two friends' lives are intertwined, but moving in opposite directions. :)

I agree with you, this movie gets better and better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2021 at 1:44 AM, Fortis93 said:

I take it you've also read The Nolan Variations by Tom Shone? xD

On 3/25/2021 at 2:28 PM, Lordosis said:

I'm almost done with it! I've also got the Secrets of Tenet book which is nice to flip through.

I wasn't aware of these books. Looked on Amazon, & the answer is simple 

Make It Rain Reaction GIF

I got a chance to see it in IMAX 15/70mm at the Lincoln Square theater in NYC the other week. And omg it was transcendent. Saw it twice in one day. After the first showing I did some psychedelics. I was kind of tired and I was worried that the second showing wasn't going to be fun and I would just be exhausted, but I was so wrong. I always do some psychedelics for a Nolan film. He's one of the very few directors I trust to take me on a good trip.

***SPOILERS****

The final set piece just really did it for me emotionally that second viewing, when previous viewings hadn't hit me very hard (I've also got the best buy steelbook I've been watching, so I've seen the movie many times now). Neil running around this chaotic battlefield trying to save his friend just hit me so hard. My best friend is really struggling with psychological illness and I feel like that sometimes. Just trying to navigate this hopelessly chaotic environment trying desperately to save my friend. Chef's kiss. This movie is about the prison of time and the prison of our subjective experience and how love and friendship transcend that prison. I just think it's a really beautiful theme. Nolan was able to get at it in this movie without explicitly saying it, like Brand's speech in Interstellar (I love that monologue btw, which most people seem to hate it lol). 

Then I walked around Manhattan before getting on a train and I was on another planet lol. 

The 15/70mm presentation was SO fabulous. It's hard to describe. The resolution, the color, the massive visual field from the IMAX...it was really really special

Say Word Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

I like your interpretation of the final scenes. Going to share that with my girlfriend & best  friend when we are talking about the film again.

On 3/25/2021 at 2:51 PM, ethnosax said:

Here's something else you'll enjoy: On the soundtrack, if you play the track "Meeting Neil" backwards, you hear The Protagonist's theme—the two friends' lives are intertwined, but moving in opposite directions. :)

I agree with you, this movie gets better and better.

Moving My Song GIF by MOODMAN

Noted! 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

[ME#32] Tenet Steelbook One Click shipment will postpone to 31st of May due to delay in packing and including protective sleeve that's not ready on time. Single editions will ship out on time. We apologize for the delay with One Click.

Best regards,
Collectong

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RileyLad said:

Some live pics of Manta Lab's Tenet taken from social media...

It say's on Manta's website that the delayed OCs were supposed to start shipping yesterday (31st May).

FB_IMG_1622274837023.jpg.dd370b5fa011fffc99f98d75d076d8f6.jpg

FB_IMG_1622274844847.jpg.e29b3ccf3e11ad396943604f7a059e5e.jpg

FB_IMG_1622274842403.jpg.dbda6946d9315b5b3a48a458c88488b8.jpg

FB_IMG_1622274839927.jpg.6cb5f2c3f6f26e28de9eba0dbc42f79a.jpg

FB_IMG_1622274858216.jpg.3889c30e1d15b3bfbe08be0a6172081f.jpg

FB_IMG_1622274855493.jpg.8b2a9fe72fd4431308ca12958d8c161a.jpg

FB_IMG_1622274866739.jpg.1c1a12acdd7be95da8dbccba528fd44d.jpg

Looks great can't wait to receive my copy. I've recieved my tracking for the one click from here and it departed hk yesterday afternoon so manta were true to there word being the 31st, so hopefully not to long until in hand :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2