IGNORED

Manta Lab Tenet (Manta Lab Exclusive #32) (WEA Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

R1s1ngs0n

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

giphy.gif

Art chosen for the front of the box is one of my favorites for the movie so I’m happy that it was chosen to be highlighted this way. Back art is a thumbs up as well just for the colors alone.

Red & Blue play an important part in the movie so It’s nice that Manta figured out a way to incorporate the colors in their set in a way that doesn’t make the set appear gaudy.

I wish that the Single lenticular was actually the Double Lenticular. To me when it comes to the Double Lenticular Slip companies should use the artwork that will look the coolest in that print style. The front & back art chosen for the SL is superior to the front & back art picked for the DL.

Overall both slips will look nice I have no doubts, it’s just that I’m a DL guy & I certainly always love when the nicest art is given the DL treatment. If I was guessing without already knowing I would assume the SL was the DL.

Out of all the three slips this time around the clear winner is the Full Slip. The artwork for the front is another one of my favorites & I like the shot from the movie they used for the back art. I remember that scene being very beautiful to watch, a damn fine job was done by the cinematography .

Final thoughts, there wasn’t a lot of great promotional art created for this movie. For what Manta had to work with this is another fine job, at least judging from these beauty shots. Of course live shots of the finished product will really bring it home. My overall grade for this One Click set is 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

Yes

Get this and UHD. Who knows if we'll all still be around by the time hdzeta releases it. UHD hasnt even announced it yet so it's still pretty far away too I'd say. 

And as great as UHD is, they have no steelbook and you definitely need the steelbook 

WTH!!... Are we going to agree again in the same week??? 😧😧

Hell Yes... I agree... 😎😎😅

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Spoiler
17 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

giphy.gif

Art chosen for the front of the box is one of my favorites for the movie so I’m happy that it was chosen to be highlighted this way. Back art is a thumbs up as well just for the colors alone.

Red & Blue play an important part in the movie so It’s nice that Manta figured out a way to incorporate the colors in their set in a way that doesn’t make the set appear gaudy.

I wish that the Single lenticular was actually the Double Lenticular. To me when it comes to the Double Lenticular Slip companies should use the artwork that will look the coolest in that print style. The front & back art chosen for the SL is superior to the front & back art picked for the DL.

Overall both slips will look nice I have no doubts, it’s just that I’m a DL guy & I certainly always love when the nicest art is given the DL treatment. If I was guessing without already knowing I would assume the SL was the DL.

Out of all the three slips this time around the clear winner is the Full Slip. The artwork for the front is another one of my favorites & I like the shot from the movie they used for the back art. I remember that scene being very beautiful to watch, a damn fine job was done by the cinematography .

Final thoughts, there wasn’t a lot of great promotional art created for this movie. For what Manta had to work with this is another fine job, at least judging from these beauty shots. Of course live shots of the finished product will really bring it home. My overall grade for this One Click set is 

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

giphy.gif

Nah Meme Reaction GIF

FS’s never do anything for me, I need that tingly feeling that I seem to always get w/the Lentis hey 👋 

Julia Louis Dreyfus Dancing GIF

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Veum said:
  Hide contents

Nah

FS’s never do anything for me, I need that tingly feeling that I seem to always get w/the Lentis hey 👋 

Totally agree. It's the lenticular that makes an edition feel fancy. :) People can make fullslips look amazing in photos, and then when I actually seem them in person, I'm always disappointed.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ethnosax said:

Totally agree. It's the lenticular that makes an edition feel fancy. :) People can make fullslips look amazing in photos, and then when I actually seem them in person, I'm always disappointed.

It depends on the fullslip. If you're getting them from blufans, hdzeta, nova, etc they wont be very good. Manta, weet, and kimchidvd are usually the best for fullslips.

Lenticulars always feel gimmicky and cheap to me. 

Buy WeETs endgame A2 slip then come back and tell me you're dissapointed 😂

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Intentcoin said:

It depends on the fullslip. If you're getting them from blufans, hdzeta, nova, etc they wont be very good. Manta, weet, and kimchidvd are usually the best for fullslips.

Don’t forget EverythingBlu’s fullslips. 🤤😍 although I don’t want them to get any more popular as it’s actually quite easy to get my hands on them for now 😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Awards

1 minute ago, Intentcoin said:

Even the WeET Pan's Labyrinth gold fullslip, which everyone loved, I thought was just okay. Same for the Kimchi Blade Runner 2049 fullslip.

You just can't imagine how disappointing I'd find anything that includes the words "Marvel" or "Avengers." ;) But that's speaking more generally, not just about fullslip quality.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AlexanderTheMan said:

Don’t forget EverythingBlu’s fullslips. 🤤😍 although I don’t want them to get any more popular as it’s actually quite easy to get my hands on them for now 😁

I would never lol. They made the best gladiator edition and the best king kong edition. The latter happens to be one of my favorite premiums

1 minute ago, ethnosax said:

Even the WeET Pan's Labyrinth gold fullslip, which everyone loved, I thought was just okay. Same for the Kimchi Blade Runner 2049 fullslip.

You just can't imagine how disappointing I'd find anything that includes the words "Marvel" or "Avengers." ;) But that's speaking more generally, not just about fullslip quality.

Ah, you're one of those. Nevermind then carry on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Neil21Harris said:

Can y’all say which you prefer?  I went with DL to match Dunkirk.  But I really could go with any..... 

@Neil21Harris

Full Slip is the best option for this release going by the beauty shots & I’m usually a Lenticular collector. Also take into consideration I’m getting the One Click because I don’t have time for the stress that comes with trying to pick between wonderful slips.

36 minutes ago, Veum said:

Yes @tr0llhatt I love UHD, however what I really want is to see all of these beauty shots side by side (at the same time) from all the retailers that are going to put this film out ... is that so hard to accomplish 🧐 

I do not need this edition from every retailer, I just want what I see is most enjoyable to me... that’s why I hesitate every time that first retailer show’s their presentation... I do not want to order this and then say maybe, HDZeta puts out that better edition that I like more...

I caramba 🤷‍♂️ 

help me phone GIF 

@Veum

If you want to see all the beauty shots side by side to make a decision the only way that is possible is if you literally wait for every retailer to produce their sets.

That could take years letting sets sell out, waiting to see when the next release comes along ending up possibly having to pay way over retail if the set you end up liking is one you passed up on.

My advice, pick the single set you like the most from what Manta is offering & rest easy.

3 minutes ago, Veum said:
  Hide contents

Nah Meme Reaction GIF

Julia Louis Dreyfus Dancing GIF

Lenticulars are only as great as the art being used for the style. I too prefer lenticular, but when judging this set in particular objectively the Full Slip is the more solid choice.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

For me, the clear winner is the SL, follwed by the FS. Not very fond of the chosen DL art.

Since Manta doesnt offer different goodies in the three editions or extra ones for the OC (a definite weakness compared to HDZeta Gold releases and a reason why I will get HDZetas OC in 2025😄) there´s no point for me in buying all three editions here just for an OC box which admittedly looks very cool.

But i need/want the steelbook, so I ordered my favorite, the SL.

Also , I hope UHD Club doesnt let us wait too long for their DP Edition.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

aaron paul what GIF by Breaking Bad

Confused Gary Coleman GIF

i dont think so no way GIF

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, AlexanderTheMan said:

Really looking forward to having their Shaun of the Dead release in my hands on the strength of their Psycho release.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Neil21Harris

Full Slip is the best option for this release going by the beauty shots & I’m usually a Lenticular collector. Also take into consideration I’m getting the One Click because I don’t have time for the stress that comes with trying to pick between wonderful slips.

@Veum

If you want to see all the beauty shots side by side to make a decision the only way that is possible is if you literally wait for every retailer to produce their sets.

That could take years letting sets sell out, waiting to see when the next release comes along ending up possibly having to pay way over retail if the set you end up liking is one you passed up on.

My advice, pick the single set you like the most from what Manta is offering & rest easy.

Lenticulars are only as great as the art being used for the style. I too prefer lenticular, but when judging this set in particular objectively the Full Slip is the more solid choice.

the good advice cupcake GIF by BuzzFeed Animation

5 minutes ago, hal56 said:

For me, the clear winner is the SL, follwed by the FS. Not very fond of the chosen DL art.

Since Manta doesnt offer different goodies in the three editions or extra ones for the OC (a definite weakness compared to HDZeta Gold releases and a reason why I will get HDZetas OC in 2025😄) there´s no point for me in buying all three editions here just for an OC box which admittedly looks very cool.

But i need/want the steelbook, so I ordered my favorite, the SL.

Also , I hope UHD Club doesnt let us wait too long for their DP Edition.

my man lol GIF by Steve Harvey TV Me Too Samesies GIF

• Haha 3

vor 14 Minuten schrieb Fortis93:

Really looking forward to having their Shaun of the Dead release in my hands on the strength of their Psycho release.

Me too. First pictures looked amazing and also their latest releases, Oblivion and Get out look very good in hand.

Was surprised by Get out. The photos looked not very promising, however, once I saw it up close in hand: wonderful.

• Like 4

Just now, hal56 said:

Me too. First pictures looked amazing and also their latest releases, Oblivion and Get out look very good in hand.

Was surprised by Get out. The photos looked not very promising, however, once I saw it up close in hand: wonderful.

What’s so good about these films Shaun of the Dead, Get Out? 🧐 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hal56 said:

I'm also on the hunt for their release of the Mummy Trilogy. 

Spoiler

8ExO5wy.jpg

• Like 4