IGNORED

Manta Lab Tenet (Manta Lab Exclusive #32) (WEA Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

R1s1ngs0n

3 hours ago, Lordosis said:

I LOVE Tenet. Jonathan Nolan told Chris that he thinks it's the apotheosis of Chis Nolan's fascination with time in filmmaking. Thrilled with this Manta release! Got a full slip and really had to restrain myself from getting the one-click. I've got the Dunkirk Manta full slip and it's gorgeous. 

Any other big time Tenet fans out there?

Welcome @Lordosis

You asked if there is any other big time Tenet fans. Well look no further because 

giphy.gif

I am a big Tenet fan. Me & one of my best friends took the leap of faith and went to the theaters to see the film. Of course because of the pandemic we hadn’t been to the movies in a while & by the movies end it felt good to be back!

The movie is like a familiar food dish that you love, but has been prepared in a way you’ve never experienced before. A spy genre steak, marinated in time travel sauce in the future, grilled to perfection in the past, & served sizzling hot in the present!   

The movie is simple & complicated, a mystery, & an action packed adventure, a love story, & a buddy cop thriller. The movie was a breath of fresh air, & I appreciate that the movie is set up in away that allows for all kinds of interpretations depending on the viewer.

Favorite scenes from the movie, spoilers for those who haven’t seen the movie.

Spoiler

1. When The Protagonist meets Kat for the first time in the restaurant, & has to lay the smackdown on her husband’s hire goons. This scene had me 

giphy.gif

2. At the very end when John David is in the car with Priya & he reveals to her that he is in fact the true brains behind everything. Ending with putting these bullets in her a$$ & calling himself “The Protagonist” my reaction 

giphy.gif

• Like 7

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

giphy.gif

Art chosen for the front of the box is one of my favorites for the movie so I’m happy that it was chosen to be highlighted this way. Back art is a thumbs up as well just for the colors alone.

Red & Blue play an important part in the movie so It’s nice that Manta figured out a way to incorporate the colors in their set in a way that doesn’t make the set appear gaudy.

I wish that the Single lenticular was actually the Double Lenticular. To me when it comes to the Double Lenticular Slip companies should use the artwork that will look the coolest in that print style. The front & back art chosen for the SL is superior to the front & back art picked for the DL.

Overall both slips will look nice I have no doubts, it’s just that I’m a DL guy & I certainly always love when the nicest art is given the DL treatment. If I was guessing without already knowing I would assume the SL was the DL.

Out of all the three slips this time around the clear winner is the Full Slip. The artwork for the front is another one of my favorites & I like the shot from the movie they used for the back art. I remember that scene being very beautiful to watch, a damn fine job was done by the cinematography .

Final thoughts, there wasn’t a lot of great promotional art created for this movie. For what Manta had to work with this is another fine job, at least judging from these beauty shots. Of course live shots of the finished product will really bring it home. My overall grade for this One Click set is 

giphy.gif

All of .......

BZhqVwjtyiBkmskxYP.gif.c700efc55020797068c5b4ab84ce6122.gif

right here🙌

@Hollywood E Rock I agree with everything you said above.

OC box is nice...love the red and blue on the back

8 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

wish that the Single lenticular was actually the Double Lenticular

I thought exactly the same mate... this image would have looked amazing as a lenticular on the back of a DL.

202405258_Screenshot_20210312-231047_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.e3732b7d58d703ae7ec70c3c6add5fc1.jpg

Out of all the three slips this time around the clear winner is the Full Slip. The artwork for the front is another one of my favorites & I like the shot from the movie they used for the back art.

Agreed. And that's coming for another #teamlenti guy 🤣

it’s just that I’m a DL guy

And lastly.....

My man...

xT0Gqf3SSBPPaFmkjS.gif.00760cceea9dc9700d2e4964e10b7e9b.gif

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

The movie is like a familiar food dish that you love, but has been prepared in a way you’ve never experienced before. A spy genre steak, marinated in time travel sauce in the future, grilled to perfection in the past, & served sizzling hot in the present!

Mate, that's poetry right there.

The movie is simple & complicated, a mystery, & an action packed adventure, a love story, & a buddy cop thriller. The movie was a breath of fresh air, & I appreciate that the movie is set up in away that allows for all kinds of interpretations depending on the viewer.

Yes, yes, and yes!

1. When The Protagonist meets Kat for the first time in the restaurant, & has to lay the smackdown on her husband’s hire goons. This scene had me 

giphy.gif

2. At the very end when John David is in the car with Priya & he reveals to her that he is in fact the true brains behind everything. Ending with putting these bullets in her a$$ & calling himself “The Protagonist” my reaction 

giphy.gif

source.gif

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Lordosis said:

Any other big time Tenet fans out there?

Best part about working at a theatre is how often I get to see movies and how little (free) I have to pay for them.

I ran a (very socially distanced and masked) employee viewing the midnight before the official early release for my people, then went to go see it again 18 hours later at the first "public" showing, then saw it for the third time four days later for the official Friday release in Dolby.

Needless to say that I love this movie, and I loved it more after each viewing. Hot take, I think it's my 3rd favorite Nolan movie behind The Prestige and Memento.

Edited by zwalkover
  • Like 6

13 hours ago, Lordosis said:

I LOVE Tenet. Jonathan Nolan told Chris that he thinks it's the apotheosis of Chis Nolan's fascination with time in filmmaking. Thrilled with this Manta release! Got a full slip and really had to restrain myself from getting the one-click. I've got the Dunkirk Manta full slip and it's gorgeous. 

I take it you've also read The Nolan Variations by Tom Shone? xD

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

@Veum I think RP is a good actor (outside of Twilight).  It did his career well to leave the mainstream for a bit. I’m excited to see how he portrays the dark knight.

Anyway, does this mean you’re going to rent something? 😁 Go watch it now 😉

@GuyIncognit0, I’ve held off getting a standard 4K of Tenet so far, however...

Heidi Gardner Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

BTW, I enjoy Twilight 🤣 

kristen stewart twilight GIF

EDIT: just now ordered the Manta Lab single Lenti 👋 

Youze guys better be right about TENET or I’m going after each & every one of you...

now i have to kill all of you bill murray GIF

Edited by Veum
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Guiltybyproxy said:

@Masterblaster or @extantsrevenge can either of you change mine from a single lenti to a double lenticular, please? I hit the wrong edition I'm wanting. Thank you 

May be quicker tagging a admin of the group buy

MOD-BAR-ELI-KEN.thumb.png.d48d5b5d9f82c7bea9a54a39e79f979d.png.358d54ec9d0f90f4633826a200f2dade.png

@deckard99 or @R1s1ngs0n

See above please gents 👆👆👆

oz9yxQm7JF77WyfOji.gif.d95bf816199ad612c391628e09d56970.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I'm going to buy it, but I don't like the image on the back of the box.
The color is so bright.

t4.png.a33037a7e16c69f80698011463e9ecab.pngt3.png.a3b98215da243a8724319e86bedf3878.pngt2.png.d832088cd491f28971db3e04bf7276f4.pngt1.png.910f8525dbeda2121eae65471f110e70.png

Personally, it would have been nice if it had been done this way.
Of course, Mantalab has a reason.

The only box made by Manta Lab that I didn't like was the first (although only part of it).

• Like 2

Spoiler
2 minutes ago, waxenol said:

giphy-2.gif

It took me a second too, but I think he would have preferred any of those images he posted over the image actually chosen by Manta (on the first page).

I don't mind what Manta chose, but I can see his point. Personally, I never intended on getting the OC anyway so it doesn't matter to me. 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
4 hours ago, StillSteel said:

The color is so bright.

The only box made by Manta Lab that I didn't like was the first (although only part of it).

Yeah, I can see what you mean. But the finished product may look different than the beauty shot so I think it is difficult to judge until it's in hand.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, StillSteel said:

The color is so bright.

t4.png.a33037a7e16c69f80698011463e9ecab.pngt3.png.a3b98215da243a8724319e86bedf3878.pngt2.png.d832088cd491f28971db3e04bf7276f4.pngt1.png.910f8525dbeda2121eae65471f110e70.png

I agree. I like the black hole one you picked. The first one. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, deckard99 said:

But the finished product may look different than the beauty shot so I think it is difficult to judge until it's in hand.

I find the so-called beauty shots to be rather abysmal, low-res and gives merely a whiff of what they actually look like. When the first pictures show up from those who have received theirs... those are the real beauty-shots. Of course, don't get me started on stock pictures of big retailers releases - those are absolutely worthless in general.

Edited by tr0llhatt
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Awards

On 3/13/2021 at 2:44 AM, Fortis93 said:

I take it you've also read The Nolan Variations by Tom Shone? xD

I'm almost done with it! I've also got the Secrets of Tenet book which is nice to flip through.

I got a chance to see it in IMAX 15/70mm at the Lincoln Square theater in NYC the other week. And omg it was transcendent. Saw it twice in one day. After the first showing I did some psychedelics. I was kind of tired and I was worried that the second showing wasn't going to be fun and I would just be exhausted, but I was so wrong. I always do some psychedelics for a Nolan film. He's one of the very few directors I trust to take me on a good trip.

***SPOILERS****

The final set piece just really did it for me emotionally that second viewing, when previous viewings hadn't hit me very hard (I've also got the best buy steelbook I've been watching, so I've seen the movie many times now). Neil running around this chaotic battlefield trying to save his friend just hit me so hard. My best friend is really struggling with psychological illness and I feel like that sometimes. Just trying to navigate this hopelessly chaotic environment trying desperately to save my friend. Chef's kiss. This movie is about the prison of time and the prison of our subjective experience and how love and friendship transcend that prison. I just think it's a really beautiful theme. Nolan was able to get at it in this movie without explicitly saying it, like Brand's speech in Interstellar (I love that monologue btw, which most people seem to hate it lol). 

Then I walked around Manhattan before getting on a train and I was on another planet lol. 

The 15/70mm presentation was SO fabulous. It's hard to describe. The resolution, the color, the massive visual field from the IMAX...it was really really special

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Lordosis said:

The final set piece just really did it for me emotionally that second viewing, when previous viewings hadn't hit me very hard (I've also got the best buy steelbook I've been watching, so I've seen the movie many times now). Neil running around this chaotic battlefield trying to save his friend just hit me so hard. My best friend is really struggling with psychological illness and I feel like that sometimes. Just trying to navigate this hopelessly chaotic environment trying desperately to save my friend. Chef's kiss. This movie is about the prison of time and the prison of our subjective experience and how love and friendship transcend that prison. I just think it's a really beautiful theme. Nolan was able to get at it in this movie without explicitly saying it, like Brand's speech in Interstellar (I love that monologue btw, which most people seem to hate it lol). 

Wow, mate.

I really like that reading of the final sequence.

It's definitely a movie which has gotten better on repeat viewings.

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 3