IGNORED

Manta Lab Tenet (Manta Lab Exclusive #32) (WEA Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

R1s1ngs0n

• ★ Administrators ★

new group buy.gif

Our GB is open

Info OC

500 sets, Numbered 1-500.

WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".

Full Slip:  Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil

Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil

Double Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular x 2, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil

One Click Box: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Holofoil

Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On, Protective Cover.

DL

900 Units, Numbered 1-900.

Price: $53.99 (USD) 

WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".

Double Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular x 2 , Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing

Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

SL

Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing

Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

FS

Price: $52.99 (USD) 

Full Slip: Spot Foil, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Manta no doubt a fantastic retailer, so this will be a good release no doubt 

I have some emotional attachment to the film, as it was the first mainstream one to be released during Covid and easing of first lockdown

This was a huge risk for the Distributors, but they took a decision to benefit the wider picture of what was going on in the world

But hands up, who truly understands this film? Tried watching it a few times , rewinding scenes, subtitles etc but still all a bit vague for me

I would dearly love to understand and get t grips with it, but maybe I'm just not that clever enough lol 

Why can't they just make simple films anymore like Inception lol  🤔 

• Haha 3

vor 58 Minuten schrieb Parzival:

I have some emotional attachment to the film, as it was the first mainstream one to be released during Covid and easing of first lockdown

This was a huge risk for the Distributors, but they took a decision to benefit the wider picture of what was going on in the world

But hands up, who truly understands this film? Tried watching it a few times , rewinding scenes, subtitles etc but still all a bit vague for me

I would dearly love to understand and get t grips with it, but maybe I'm just not that clever enough lol 

Well, that puts us to the question: Do you really have to understand each and every inch of a movie to be able to fully appreciate it? :D Or maybe that's exactly the point what Tenet makes so special: There is just so much room for speculation or interpretation for everyone, because nobody really can wrap their mind fully around, what's happening here :D Ergo, you're able to discuss with anybody about it, because everyone makes something different of it :D 

magic GIF

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

What's there in Tenet is relatively simple, once you cut through all the misdirections and red herrings (of which there are a lot!). The challenge is that this is

Spoiler

only half the story, so a lot of questions remain unanswered on purpose.

Not as excited for these editions as I'd hoped. Slight preference for SL, but DL may turn out well, too.

• Like 3

vor 1 Minute schrieb Neil21Harris:

Can y’all say which you prefer?  I went with DL to match Dunkirk.  But I really could go with any..... 

Single Lenti for me. I love it, when retailers are able to select key scenes of the movie as front cover artworks for their editions. And Manta really knows their SL game, they have proofed that more than once in the past :D 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, claptraw said:

Well, that puts us to the question: Do you really have to understand each and every inch of a movie to be able to fully appreciate it? :D Or maybe that's exactly the point what Tenet makes so special: There is just so much room for speculation or interpretation for everyone, because nobody really can wrap their mind fully around, what's happening here :D Ergo, you're able to discuss with anybody about it, because everyone makes something different of it :D 

magic GIF

I agree mate, don't need to understand every scene, and of course interpretations can differ BUT at least some grasp and comprehension of the narrative and framework would help. 

I even struggled with that unfortunately 

As I said, maybe it's just me. 

Nolan likes screwing with minds lol, Memento, Inception etc 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Parzival said:

I agree mate, don't need to understand every scene, and of course interpretations can differ BUT at least some grasp and comprehension of the narrative and framework would help. 

I even struggled with that unfortunately 

As I said, maybe it's just me. 

Nolan likes screwing with minds lol, Memento, Inception etc 

In a nutshell, it's about a spy creating an organisation to stop the future from destroying the past. xD

Not sure how much that helps, but there are explanations and breakdowns aplenty on YouTube for you to sink your teeth into.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Neil21Harris said:

Can y’all say which you prefer?  I went with DL to match Dunkirk.  But I really could go with any..... 

41 minutes ago, FlanInTheFace said:

Well I can’t decide between single lenti and full slip, so I better just get both🙂

Fullslip 100%, not a fan of the art on either of the lentis. The best dunkirk slip is the fullslip. Like @Basil said I hope we get video of the lentis before they go up for preorder. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

giphy.gif

bryan cranston GIF by Breaking Bad Veum = consigliere 

5 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

new group buy.gif

Our GB is open

Info OC

500 sets, Numbered 1-500.

Full Slip:  Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil

Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil

Double Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular x 2, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Foil

One Click Box: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing, Spot Holofoil

Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On, Protective Cover.

DL

Double Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular x 2 , Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing

SL

Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing

FS

Price: $52.99 (USD) 

Full Slip: Spot Foil, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing

Do I get this or wait for UHD/HDZeta 🧐 

2 hours ago, Parzival said:

Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, tr0llhatt said:

In my limited experience, yes.

@Veum Rule 39; Never say no to bacta (UHDClub)!

Yes @tr0llhatt I love UHD, however what I really want is to see all of these beauty shots side by side (at the same time) from all the retailers that are going to put this film out ... is that so hard to accomplish 🧐 

I do not need this edition from every retailer, I just want what I see is most enjoyable to me... that’s why I hesitate every time that first retailer show’s their presentation... I do not want to order this and then say maybe, HDZeta puts out that better edition that I like more...

I caramba 🤷‍♂️ 

help me phone GIF 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

TN_overall_box0226_5000x.jpg?v=161528868

giphy.gif

Art chosen for the front of the box is one of my favorites for the movie so I’m happy that it was chosen to be highlighted this way. Back art is a thumbs up as well just for the colors alone.

Red & Blue play an important part in the movie so It’s nice that Manta figured out a way to incorporate the colors in their set in a way that doesn’t make the set appear gaudy.

TN_overall_DLfs0226_5000x.jpg?v=16153672

TN_overall_Lfs0226_5000x.jpg?v=161536714

I wish that the Single lenticular was actually the Double Lenticular. To me when it comes to the Double Lenticular Slip companies should use the artwork that will look the coolest in that print style. The front & back art chosen for the SL is superior to the front & back art picked for the DL.

Overall both slips will look nice I have no doubts, it’s just that I’m a DL guy & I certainly always love when the nicest art is given the DL treatment. If I was guessing without already knowing I would assume the SL was the DL.

TN_overall_fs0226_5000x.jpg?v=1615367174

Out of all the three slips this time around the clear winner is the Full Slip. The artwork for the front is another one of my favorites & I like the shot from the movie they used for the back art. I remember that scene being very beautiful to watch, a damn fine job was done by the cinematography .

Final thoughts, there wasn’t a lot of great promotional art created for this movie. For what Manta had to work with this is another fine job, at least judging from these beauty shots. Of course live shots of the finished product will really bring it home. My overall grade for this One Click set is 

giphy.gif

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, waxenol said:

Not a lot of Hub shipments - is ML reliable?🤔

Yes

45 minutes ago, Veum said:

Do I get this or wait for UHD/HDZeta

Get this and UHD. Who knows if we'll all still be around by the time hdzeta releases it. UHD hasnt even announced it yet so it's still pretty far away too I'd say. 

And as great as UHD is, they have no steelbook and you definitely need the steelbook 

• Like 6