IGNORED

What did you watch last night???

Basil

🥤🍿📺 🎬🎬🎬

image.jpeg.f4a6eee4fe279d318111e7d078cbc7f8.jpeg

The Deer Hunter follows a group of Pennsylvania steelworkers from their blue-collar lives, hunting in the woods of the Alleghenies, to the hell of Southeast Asia during the Vietnam War. Academy Award® winners** Robert De Niro and Christopher Walken star in this unforgettable saga of friendship and courage.

• Like 3

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Veum said:

🥤🍿📺 🎬🎬🎬

image.jpeg.f4a6eee4fe279d318111e7d078cbc7f8.jpeg

The Deer Hunter follows a group of Pennsylvania steelworkers from their blue-collar lives, hunting in the woods of the Alleghenies, to the hell of Southeast Asia during the Vietnam War. Academy Award® winners** Robert De Niro and Christopher Walken star in this unforgettable saga of friendship and courage.

I see you've had a great evening. I'm glad for you. ;) 

It's a magnificent movie. I watched it being very young, maybe too young, one of those films that today unfortunately are not shown to young boys and girls today, and it struck me a lot.

But it was a fantastic experience. It gave me a push toward seeing and understanding things that other friends didn't see or understand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Casiusco said:

I see you've had a great evening. I'm glad for you. ;) 

It's a magnificent movie. I watched it being very young, maybe too young, one of those films that today unfortunately are not shown to young boys and girls today, and it struck me a lot.

But it was a fantastic experience. It gave me a push toward seeing and understanding things that other friends didn't see or understand.

🥤Hey @Casiusco as you can see with my 3 🎬 it was just alright with me!

I thought the roulette sequence in the Vietnam scene was thrilling, however overall I thought they did a patch-quilt job with the storyline... I just did not resonate with them being friends (that’s just me though).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Veum said:

🥤Hey @Casiusco as you can see with my 3 🎬 it was just alright with me!

I thought the roulette sequence in the Vietnam scene was thrilling, however overall I thought they did a patch-quilt job with the storyline... I just did not resonate with them being friends (that’s just me though).

Dear @Veum, although there have been three films, sometimes the best is for last ;)

For the record, I know this is a movie that doesn't excite everyone.

I understand what you say about the patch-quilt job. I also felt this, but I interpreted it in the context of how we feel when we meet an old friend, and we see that he has changed, that maybe life has not treated him well, or that he has had no luck. This kind of situations when you feel that something has died on his eyes. 

Those things are more appreciated when you see someone after a long time, the contrast between the memory you still keep... and this so different reality in front of you suddenly.

This is when you realize that sometimes smiles fade, and with years and life people get burned. That sometimes life is unforgiving, and what was once joy, innocence, or hope, turns into pessimism, scars, burned men, and a dark remoteness that makes him seem different from the person who was. 

The differences that arise when you put the same people back together after a long time, or some important, transcendent event.

Although there is a risk that the narration seems discontinuous, deep down it seeks the richness of some contrasts. That is why - to me - the wedding scene is so important. It establishes the reference that everyone takes, and with which they contrast what they later find in life.

For this reason, these contrasts not only did not seem bad to me, but I liked them.

Sometimes these things happen with friends. And even what were once strong friendships are lost in the same hole where the soul of those friends was lost.

But of course this is just an opinion. My personal point ov view about the film, and absolutely subjective, of course. You know ;) 

• Like 2

Spoiler
7 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

Dear @Veum, although there have been three films, sometimes the best is for last ;)

For the record, I know this is a movie that doesn't excite everyone.

I understand what you say about the patch-quilt job. I also felt this, but I interpreted it in the context of how we feel when we meet an old friend, and we see that he has changed, that maybe life has not treated him well, or that he has had no luck. This kind of situations when you feel that something has died on his eyes. 

Those things are more appreciated when you see someone after a long time, the contrast between the memory you still keep... and this so different reality in front of you suddenly.

This is when you realize that sometimes smiles fade, and with years and life people get burned. That sometimes life is unforgiving, and what was once joy, innocence, or hope, turns into pessimism, scars, burned men, and a dark remoteness that makes him seem different from the person who was. 

The differences that arise when you put the same people back together after a long time, or some important, transcendent event.

Although there is a risk that the narration seems discontinuous, deep down it seeks the richness of some contrasts. That is why - to me - the wedding scene is so important. It establishes the reference that everyone takes, and with which they contrast what they later find in life.

For this reason, these contrasts not only did not seem bad to me, but I liked them.

Sometimes these things happen with friends. And even what were once strong friendships are lost in the same hole where the soul of those friends was lost.

But of course this is just an opinion. My personal point ov view about the film, and absolutely subjective, of course. You know ;) 

@Casiusco it’s called we are getting older hey! 👨‍🦳

old man tongue GIF Swiping Old Man GIF old man cleavage GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Veum said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@Casiusco it’s called we are getting older hey! 👨‍🦳

old man tongue GIF Swiping Old Man GIF old man cleavage GIF

Maybe... maybe....

But sometimes on the street you meet old friends and just by seeing them you realize that something has happened, that they are not the same person ...

PS: Dear @Veum, it's true that we are getting older, but... it's also true that with each GB we receive we feel a year younger ;) 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

Maybe... maybe....

But sometimes on the street you meet old friends and just by seeing them you realize that something has happened, that they are not the same person ...

PS: Dear @Veum, it's true that we are getting older, but... it's also true that with each GB we receive we feel a year younger ;) 

@Casiusco if this is true then I can be my “new” fav MCU hero 😂 

I Know You Know That Paul Rudd GIF  

ant man marvel GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

🥤🍿📺 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

image.jpeg.f2fbf10bc08c5cb9a133c5d1a734ac75.jpeg

Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, con-man Scott Lang must embrace his inner-hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym, protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.

🥤🍿📺 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

image.jpeg.c85b65b1f7259a3d8ee137a233a19913.jpeg

As Scott Lang balances being both a Super Hero and a father, Hope van Dyne and Dr. Hank Pym present an urgent new mission that finds the Ant-Man fighting alongside The Wasp to uncover secrets from their past.

• Like 3

Murder On The Orient Express (2017)   4.5 OUT 5

I have never read or watched any incarnation of the Agatha Christie story 

A truly stellar cast with a deft hand at direction and one phenomenal Tash Murder On The Orient Express Murder On The Orient Express Gifs GIF - MurderOnTheOrientExpress MurderOnTheOrientExpressGifs KennethBranagh GIFs

Anyone wanting a TRUE Who done it with Class , style and sophistication . 

All Aboard HERE

• Like 4

IT Chapter 2  4 OUT of 5

After knowing what a lot of my friends thought of the 2nd part I was not expecting much at all .

Yes long at 2hrs 45 run time 

An amazing job done on matching the Adults to there Part 1 incarnations .

It would be easy to slate it that is the common widely held view 

I watched it and enjoyed it in fact looking forward to doing a marathon at some point back to back part 1 and part 2 .

The true horror in the opening sequence that was a gut wrenching heart ripping watch  Doctor Who Reaction GIF as was certain set pieces .

Some where i found quite funny not sure they where intended to be .

In part 1 i was not totally convinced with Bill Skarsgård  WELL Now I am as Pennywise he came into his own and to be completely honest a black and white picture is making me want to know a  back story .

A well done reboot impossible to  beat the 1990.s Mini Series for nostalgia  yet for a darker more visceral retelling I was not disappointed

Trailer Here 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

🥤🍿📺 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

image.jpeg.09d8b2b4d15b29133f14f53fa259113a.jpeg

Carol Danvers becomes one of the universe's most powerful heroes when Earth is caught in the middle of a galactic war between two alien races.

🥤🍿📺 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

image.jpeg.b60643e986f366729b99e4f4c6b16407.jpeg

Former FBI profiler who recently retired to Florida with his wife and their young son, returns to service to pursue an elusive serial killer.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 4

On 2/11/2021 at 8:48 AM, Scary Hair said:

Murder On The Orient Express (2017)   4.5 OUT 5

I have never read or watched any incarnation of the Agatha Christie story 

A truly stellar cast with a deft hand at direction and one phenomenal Tash Murder On The Orient Express Murder On The Orient Express Gifs GIF - MurderOnTheOrientExpress MurderOnTheOrientExpressGifs KennethBranagh GIFs

Anyone wanting a TRUE Who done it with Class , style and sophistication . 

All Aboard HERE

As someone who's both read and watched previous incarnations of this story (I'm a big Agatha Christie fan, own/read most of the books, etc.), they did a pretty good job with this one, especially in terms of having it stand apart from the rest.

And Sir Ken Branagh as usual managing to find some hidden or extra depth to a character that perhaps wasn't as apparent or there previously. 

I'm looking forward to the next adaptation, Death on the Nile.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I too was very much impressed by the presentation of this version of MotOE.

As a hard-core fan of everything Peter Ustinov has presented us on screen, I was at first a bit leery of how they would adapt this but my expectations were fully realized and should they elect to continue adapting the remaining vols by the iconic Ms Christie, I am fully onboard. 😍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I know y'all been wondering what Billy Talent was watching last night.
I watched an awful mess of a movie ''RUN HIDE FIGHT''

Is supposed to be dramatic or comedic, you have some characters that are beyond ridiculous and stupid you assume they are there for comedic relief even though it's about a school shooting🤨
Critics hate it  23% critics rating, but audience seem to love it with a 93% audience rating.

Watched it twice last night, yes twice!
Movie would have been decent if they were serious and the characters especially the shooters weren't that stupid and silly and way over the top.
How they got THOMAS JANE to play a role is beyond me, for a moment I was hoping he would go full on PUNISHER MODE but they didn't go there.

Rating 2/10

Edited by Billy Talent

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Billy Talent said:

I know y'all been wondering what Billy Talent was watching last night.
I watched an awful mess of a movie ''RUN HIDE FIGHT''

Is supposed to be dramatic or comedic, you have some characters that are beyond ridiculous and stupid you assume they are there for comedic relief even though it's about a school shooting🤨
Critics hate it  23% critics rating, but audience seem to love it with a 93% audience rating.

Watched it twice last night, yes twice!
Movie would have been decent if they were serious and the characters especially the shooters weren't that stupid and silly and way over the top.
How they got THOMAS JANE to play a role is beyond me, for a moment I was hoping he would go full on PUNISHER MODE but they didn't go there.

Rating 2/10

Actually I’ve been wanting to see this (has not got to me yet) as I like the trailer & the story... I’ll decide on my own!

How could you watch it twice if you did not even enjoy it, does not make sense to me, I’d have moved on to something else or well to each their own.

confused mark wahlberg GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Veum said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Actually I’ve been wanting to see this (has not got to me yet) as I like the trailer & the story... I’ll decide on my own!

How could you watch it twice if you did not even enjoy it, does not make sense to me, I’d have moved on to something else or well to each their own.

confused mark wahlberg GIF

I watch some movies twice that imo are bad just to see if I somehow was wrong.
First time viewing to see if I was entertained, 2nd viewing analyzing the film.
Trailer looks good I know, go watch the  movie and tell me what you think about it

Edited by Billy Talent
  • Like 1

My wife and I went down into the basement to watch a couple of movies on the projector.  First up was:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8579674/mediaviewer/rm917086977/

A gripping tale of friendship, honor, duty, and the physical and psychological toils of war.

Our Rating:  4+/5:  We both liked this a lot and really want a second viewing to fully land on a score.

Second viewing of the night was:  The Little Things (2021)

https://www.movieinsider.com/photos/574261/1

A psychological thriller that has a strong cast that is able to be brilliant in pockets during this movie but felt like it lacked something that could pull it all together...

Our Rating:  3.5/5:  We really feel we need another watching but our initial rating is 3.5

Edited by AndroiDad75
  • Like 3

Spoiler
42 minutes ago, AndroiDad75 said:

My wife and I went down into the basement to watch a couple of movies on the projector.  First up was:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8579674/mediaviewer/rm917086977/

A gripping tale of friendship, honor, duty, and the physical and psychological toils of war.

Our Rating:  4+/5:  We both liked this a lot and really want a second viewing to fully land on a score.

Second viewing of the night was:  The Little Things (2021)

https://www.movieinsider.com/photos/574261/1

A psychological thriller that has a strong cast that is able to be brilliant in pockets during this movie but felt like it lacked something that could pull it all together...

Our Rating:  3.5/5:  We really feel we need another watching but our initial rating is 3.5

Very nice @AndroiDad75! You all have a projector in your basement noice 🙌

(Another story of me, I’d have to share w/you another time though!;))

MY BASEMENT haha!
Snooping Brennan Elliott GIF by Hallmark Movies & Mysteries 

1917 was an excellent war pic IMO!;)

I definitely want to see The Little Things as I’m a big Denzel fan... have you and your wife seen both of his Equalizer’s,

I’d give them 5/5 (🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬)

and I love to use this icon 🎬 for my movie 🎥 ratings, hey!:)

Edited by Veum
  • Like 4

On 2/13/2021 at 3:08 AM, Veum said:

🥤🍿📺 🎬🎬🎬1/2

image.jpeg.41650aac659c83782771706284fe00a5.jpeg

A fictionalized account of the early life of the American president as a young lawyer facing his greatest court case.

Great movie, I'd even say underrated.

I bought a collector's edition blindly, without having seen it, something that I don't usually do ... but sometimes I feel like it, and it was a success. I like to have it in my collection.

I'm sure you have had good time watching it, @Veum

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Veum said:

Reveal hidden contents

I definitely want to see The Little Things as I’m a big Denzel fan... have you and your wife seen both of his Equalizer’s,

I’d give them 5/5 (🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬)

We are both big Denzel fans. The acting was really great in pockets throughout from all three:  Denzel, Rami and Jared.  I thought they played off each other well but like I said it just felt like something was missing.  We watched it after 1917, so we both want to give it a viewing on it's own.

As for the projector, yeah we got a refurbished one just before the pandemic and then built a false front wall to hide the speakers behind.  It's not a finished basement, at least not yet...  The temp being colder is what makes it tougher to get the wife down there.  I need to find a great little space heater to help get the temps a bit higher.  That's my next thing to do some research on.

• Like 1

Greenland 3 out of 5

A newly discovered  asteroid is of little concern until Presidential Alerts start being sent randomly to peoples across the globe ,

Later instructions are given to  what locations selected people should head to .

One of witch is Architect Gerard Butler and his estranged wife and son , 

On becoming separated at the  military facility , there fight then becomes  not only to meet back up then to get to Greenland .

Ps @AndroiDad75

Denzel for me this is an under rated little piece of devilry thats a 20 out of 5

• Like 5

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, AndroiDad75 said:

We are both big Denzel fans. The acting was really great in pockets throughout from all three:  Denzel, Rami and Jared.  I thought they played off each other well but like I said it just felt like something was missing.  We watched it after 1917, so we both want to give it a viewing on it's own.

I watched The little things last night, mainly because I like all 3 actors but for me it was just meh. I really wanted to like it but as you said something is missing. Oh well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1