IGNORED

What did you watch last night???

Basil

6 hours ago, 1adam12 said:

spacer.png

I don’t know how many of you were 90's kids but damn does this bring back some memories. And it’s pretty good too.

Every Saturday morning religiously.  The intro was still is and forever shall be a banger. I don't have Disney+ so I haven't watched any of the new episodes.

• Like 6

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

graphics text GIF

🥤📺🎬💽 :) 🍿🧋watched 

image.jpeg.1d6141d6db9708588326a300e52d4d18.jpeg

Wed Apr 24 ‘24 

🤠 *Ride Beyond Vengeance (1966) ️ 

image.jpeg.d7a8d5b8d04604e393a88557e89ab76e.jpeg

Chuck Connors is Jonas Trapp, a buffalo hunter planning a triumphant return to the small town of Coldiron, Texas. Eleven years earlier, he left his wife, Jessie (Kathryn Hays) there, determined to make it on his own, even if she was reluctant to leave the comfort of her aunt's…

Edited by Veum
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

Finished this up last night. At times I really enjoyed it, but I grew bored of all the back story (although I guess it was necessary). - 6.5/10

Fallout (TV Series 2024– ) - IMDb

I’d give it about the same rating, maybe a 7.  I didn’t care as much about what happened in the vaults as I think we’re meant to care.  And Maximus as a kid crawling out of the refrigerator has already reached Martha-Wayne’s-pearls territory.  Feels like they showed it almost every episode.

But I always like Walton Goggins and the show tends to work when he’s on screen.  Trying to avoid spoilers, but I’d like to see more of a character who evidently won’t be around for the 2nd season.  But it’s a good enough show that I’m sure I’ll watch the 2nd season.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

I realize that Erin Moran must have appeared in shows and movies other than Joanie Loves Chachi, but I don’t remember any.  Of course, the fact that I remember that show (though I was very young) reveals that I’m getting old.

Oh🤣

Your post said Joanie loves aliens and I googled it and got nothing 

• Like 3

I watched  Wison Disney+ last night.

I enjoyed the unique watercolor animation style, which gave the film a nostalgic feel. The songs were also enjoyable.

Asha and Star are both quite likable characters, although the others are forgettable.

The plot doesn't offer anything particularly new or special, and you can predict how the movie will end fairly quickly. However, I never felt bored while watching it, partly because of its relatively short runtime (1 hour and 27 minutes).

In summary, Wish feels like any other recent Disney animation or Pixar film in my opinion. It's not worse than the others, but it's not significantly better either. Nevertheless, I still enjoy watching all of them. 

My rating: 7/10

fa4f91d5-6e68-4426-8e8e-71cb1bda39fd.thumb.jpeg.dce404dc18f7b23cd3a1e00eacb142b5.jpeg

• Like 5

Watching this with a friend, so slowly as we can get together:

IMG_1723.jpeg.61aabec3de584567a0b57b8c4cdd96f0.jpeg

Watched episode 6 last night, Ladies of the Willow World, best episode yet.  It’s so nice to watch a show that trusts you to watch closely and figure out what’s happening, rather than explicitly spelling everything out.  Really enjoying this show.

Had loaned this to a co-worker, returned it yes and I popped it in when we got home:

IMG_1812.thumb.jpeg.ce2d5fa99813630eb968337c0aa435c3.jpeg

Some of the stuff that looked dazzling in 3D IMAX looks sort of cartoonish at home, and it can get a bit slow, but I think it’s a much better movie to watch at home than the first Avatar.  And though it meanders on the way there, the last third is pretty great and I’m fully invested in the characters by then.

Then I broke out this Criterion Blu Ray which I’ve had for a while, seen before:

IMG_1813.thumb.jpeg.9774d5cbea7b2146f1d7cfbe0bc2d34f.jpeg

Forgot there’s a pretty cool poster in here, may have to smooth it out and put it on our little “media room” (where movies and movie merch are displayed, and video games are played):

IMG_1814.thumb.jpeg.da3435e05b0e0b826e13bfe0b0f2da12.jpeg

Great movie.  London looks amazing, Widmark is a perfect heel and all the supporting players seem like real people.  Movie makes you believe that if you were a more charismatic hustler you might land a Gene Tierney, even if you’re a loser.  Seriously though, very good flick.

• Like 4

IMG_1820.thumb.jpeg.4d523249ef62b25f520b08d7844c9f34.jpeg

So I’ve finished 4 episodes.  The central mystery/throughline has piqued my curiosity to the point where I’m sure I’ll finish it.  But some of the writing and acting feels soap opera/Hallmark film level.  I currently don’t buy any of these people as physicists/general braniacs and don’t buy that this is how they speak to one another.  I guess that’s to be expected, but still.

• Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★
32 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

IMG_1820.thumb.jpeg.4d523249ef62b25f520b08d7844c9f34.jpeg

So I’ve finished 4 episodes.  The central mystery/throughline has piqued my curiosity to the point where I’m sure I’ll finish it.  But some of the writing and acting feels soap opera/Hallmark film level.  I currently don’t buy any of these people as physicists/general braniacs and don’t buy that this is how they speak to one another.  I guess that’s to be expected, but still.

@Heywoodmoutaw Stick with it! You'll be glad you did 😁

• Like 2