IGNORED

What did you watch last night???

Basil

Kate_Leopold-634278109-mmed.jpg

Last night was "Kate & Leopold" time. A romantic, funny, friendly movie. It's simple, not pretentious, but at the same time well done. James Mangold directing Hugh Jackman a few years before "Logan", and Meg Ryan a few years before finally getting lost. Adding, also, someone who amuses me a lot in comedy, Liev Schrebier.

Of those nights when you want to see something that makes you smile, have a good time without thinking much, and go to sleep with a good feeling.

It was not very successful, but as a romantic movie to hang out, it seems like a great option. Plus, it's more fun than sweetened. And that for me is one more point.

• Like 2

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

🥤🍿📺  🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

image.jpeg.c8ad12d6834d11d3141f139a3db3bf4e.jpeg

A Fistful of Dollars

A mysterious gunman has just arrived in San Miguel, a grim, dusty border town where two rival bands of smugglers are terrorizing the impoverished citizens. A master of the "quick-draw," the stranger soon receives offers of employment from each gang. But his loyalty cannot be bought; he accepts both jobs…and sets in motion a plan to destroy both jobs…and sets in motion a plan to destroy both groups of criminals, pitting one against the other in a series of brilliantly orchestrated set-ups, showdowns and deadly confrontations.

🎬🎬🎬

image.jpeg.ad427fc0a74d48bcb8212b456cb90993.jpeg

Drama about the rise and fall of a group of Jewish gangsters in New York at the beginning of the century through the 1960s.

• Like 5

Spoiler
10 hours ago, Caktus26 said:

image.png.09d70de3a7b030694f1b37d000ef186b.png

A teacher lives a lonely life, all the while struggling over his son's custody. His life slowly gets better as he finds love and receives good news from his son, but his new luck is about to be brutally shattered by an innocent little lie.

RATING 10/10

🥤🍿🎬 yes @Caktus26 The Hunt was a very enjoyable film & i would rate it as you have my friend!:)

I own this and will watch it again from time to time!!;)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Veum said:
  Reveal hidden contents

🥤🍿🎬 yes @Caktus26 The Hunt was a very enjoyable film & i would rate it as you have my friend!:)

I own this and will watch it again from time to time!!;)

Yeah, the story was really interesting, and Mads Mikkelsen was excellent as always. He is one of the best actors working today. (He is actually my all time favorite actor.)

Edited by Caktus26
  • Like 4

Over the last two nights, we have watched: 

🎬🎬🎬

Outside the Wire:  The wife and I liked it well enough, but it isn't going to be pushing any boundaries for filmmaking nor is it particularly deep.  But fun enough for some mindless watching.

Outsidethewire.jpg.8bb4e7d298ed99c3a32a8eebc312c317.jpg

🎬🎬🎬🎬

Retaliation:  I thought Orlando Bloom did a very good job acting in this one.  The material isn't likely for everyone though...

retaliation.jpg.09b2a81ddf89c4745ea83e7c9edb38ec.jpg

🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

Parasite:  I thought this was really good.  I had to take it in sections though.  I have never really watched any television with captions on so I found it to be a bit difficult to start, but ended up getting the hang of it.  Although, because of this, I found I had to do it in sections over two days.

parasite.jpg.d5cae195a0616653dfe573d150be2dd6.jpg

AndroiDad75🤖

• Like 4

Spoiler
11 minutes ago, AndroiDad75 said:

Over the last two nights, we have watched: 

🎬🎬🎬

Outside the Wire:  The wife and I liked it well enough, but it isn't going to be pushing any boundaries for filmmaking nor is it particularly deep.  But fun enough for some mindless watching.

Outsidethewire.jpg.8bb4e7d298ed99c3a32a8eebc312c317.jpg

🎬🎬🎬🎬

Retaliation:  I thought Orlando Bloom did a very good job acting in this one.  The material isn't likely for everyone though...

retaliation.jpg.09b2a81ddf89c4745ea83e7c9edb38ec.jpg

🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

Parasite:  I thought this was really good.  I had to take it in sections though.  I have never really watched any television with captions on so I found it to be a bit difficult to start, but ended up getting the hang of it.  Although, because of this, I found I had to do it in sections over two days.

parasite.jpg.d5cae195a0616653dfe573d150be2dd6.jpg

AndroiDad75🤖

@AndroiDad75Outside the Wire looks like my’ up of tea’, however we do not have NetFlix 😔 

Have and enjoyed Retaliation... have Parasite (many editions 😝) but have not seen it yet, hey! :)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Veum said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@AndroiDad75Outside the Wire looks like my’ up of tea’, however we do not have NetFlix 😔 

Have and enjoyed Retaliation... have Parasite (many editions 😝) but have not seen it yet, hey! :)

@Veum, it really is kind of right up our alley as well, but for some reason it just fell a little short for us.  We went back and forth between 3 and 4 clapboards, but at the end of the day we had to settle on 3.  We really really wanted to like it more than we did... which really bummed us out.

AndroiDad75🤖

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Veum said:

🥤🍿📺  🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

image.jpeg.9838562d2be97601cfd18d56e74368e6.jpeg

Determined to ensure Superman's ultimate sacrifice was not in vain, Bruce Wayne aligns forces with Diana Prince with plans to recruit a team of metahumans to protect the world from an approaching threat of catastrophic proportions.

@Veum I have a feeling a bunch of us may have seen this last night.  If you don't mind, I'll just quote your pic and trailer.

🎬  🎬 🎬 🎬 🎬

My wife and youngest brought up going down and watching this last night.  They wanted to make a night of it, by ordering pizza, etc...  I fully expected them to bail about halfway through, but they both stuck it out through the whole thing and we all loved it!

• Like 3

🥤🍿📺  🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

image.jpeg.dd096d09f5ddb25170639c18daa3f18b.jpeg

During its return to the earth, commercial spaceship Nostromo intercepts a distress signal from a distant planet. When a three-member team of the crew discovers a chamber containing thousands of eggs on the planet, a creature inside one of the eggs attacks an explorer. The entire crew is unaware of the impending nightmare set to descend upon them when the alien parasite planted inside its unfortunate host is birthed.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

My youngest son wanted to go down and watch this so we did just what the little man wanted.  This actually was the only Marvel movie I haven't seen, so it was a treat to actually see it with just him and I.  I asked him what his ranking was and he said a 5 of course, so a 5 is what it is...

Captain Marvel

CaptainMarvel.jpg.7367889cf4efe66d1fb7b8421301e607.jpg

After he went upstairs, I stayed down to watch:

🎬🎬🎬

Possession of Hannah Grac

PossessionofHannahGrace.jpg.49cf8ce638bb4d1dbe2a30e1e777e068.jpg

• Like 4

Spoiler
47 minutes ago, AndroiDad75 said:

🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

My youngest son wanted to go down and watch this so we did just what the little man wanted.  This actually was the only Marvel movie I haven't seen, so it was a treat to actually see it with just him and I.  I asked him what his ranking was and he said a 5 of course, so a 5 is what it is...

Captain Marvel

CaptainMarvel.jpg.7367889cf4efe66d1fb7b8421301e607.jpg

After he went upstairs, I stayed down to watch:

🎬🎬🎬

Possession of Hannah Grac

PossessionofHannahGrace.jpg.49cf8ce638bb4d1dbe2a30e1e777e068.jpg

🥤Hey @AndroiDad75 so very nice you & your son can bond w/movies... what a treat for you and him as he and you as well will remember these precious moments as I did with my mom so long ago (she introduced me, my brother & sister to the Universal Monsters with our Friday/Saturday rituals w/ “horror” host Sammy Terry)! :)

• Like 5

🥤🍿📺  🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

image.jpeg.c175dc6e87ad094bc9eca203b9d6cc40.jpeg

Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship ‘Covenant’ discovers what is thought to be an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world —- which has a sole inhabitant: the ‘synthetic’, David, survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.

• Like 4

🥤🍿📺  🎬🎬🎬

image.jpeg.b02728dc1f0ac6e20beabf3ad0380e3f.jpeg

Leonard Shelby is tracking down the man who raped and murdered his wife. The difficulty of locating his wife’s killer, however, is compounded by the fact he suffers from a rare, untreatable form of short-memory loss. Although he can recall details of life before his accident,. Leonard cannot remember what happened fifteen minutes ago, where he’s going, or why.

• Like 5

Spoiler
3 hours ago, Veum said:

🥤🍿📺  🎬🎬🎬

image.jpeg.b02728dc1f0ac6e20beabf3ad0380e3f.jpeg

Leonard Shelby is tracking down the man who raped and murdered his wife. The difficulty of locating his wife’s killer, however, is compounded by the fact he suffers from a rare, untreatable form of short-memory loss. Although he can recall details of life before his accident,. Leonard cannot remember what happened fifteen minutes ago, where he’s going, or why.

🥤🍿📺  🎬🎬🎬 1/2

image.jpeg.80098730fe31d59db6d221d00f9e37bc.jpeg

Following the loss of their son, a retired sheriff and his wife leave their Montana ranch to rescue their young grandson from the clutches of a dangerous family living off the grid in the Dakotas.

• Like 5

well last night i could not find a thing on television, so started looking thru all the streaming services for a film to watch anything i have not seen. that i thought might be something newish and may have missed in the past.

so what did i end up watching?

yes mrs browns boys da movie

220px-Mrs_Brown_movie_poster.jpg

well thought if anything like the tv series but on big screen they make better but NO was just a complete bag of rubbish like now we can just spend money on a million extras, have to say it was like pulling teeth.

my advice avoid like the plague, i give it a 2 out of 10 and i think thats being generous if im honest.

universal must have lost aload of money on this junk.

basil :D

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

🥤🍿📺  🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

image.jpeg.6929d8fda170cd9bf24b504603875616.jpeg

Marcellus is a tribune in the time of Christ. He is in charge of the group that is assigned to crucify Jesus. Drunk, he wins Jesus’ homespun robe after the cruxifiction. He is tormented by nightmares and delusions after the event. Hoping to find a way to live with what he has done, and still not believing in Jesus, he returns to Palestine and learn what he can of the man he killed.

🥤🍿📺  🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

image.jpeg.b3d91576b6e8dd5ae23bbab06f4fdc2f.jpeg

The story picks up at the point where “The Robe” ends, following the martyrdom of Diana and Marcellus. Christ’s robe is conveyed to Peter from safe-keeping, but the emperor Caligula wants it back to benefit from its power. Marcellus’ former slave Demetrius seeks to prevent this, and catches the eye of Messalina, wife to Caligula’s uncle Claudius. Messalina tempts Demetrius, he winds up fighting in the arena, and wavers in his faith.

• Like 3

Yesterday, the boys and I put some time in watching a number of oldies but goodies... at this point.  We made a day of it.  I won't add the trailers, because it's all things we are all familiar with.  We watched:

🎬 🎬 🎬 🎬 🎬

The Hobbit:  An unexpected Journey

hobbit.jpg.78b37c04a7711ca1ced7e23e9a9f8f16.jpg

🎬 🎬 🎬 🎬 🎬

The Hobbit:  The Desolation of Smaug

964219142_HobbitDoS.jpg.259a883706c79213a4f805c372199928.jpg

🎬 🎬 🎬 🎬 🎬

Avengers:  Infinity War

1217138906_InfinityWar.jpg.1cbaea5b4dc15f67368a14bc29d07c3e.jpg

🎬 🎬 🎬 🎬 🎬

Avengers:  Endgame

Endgame.jpg.2cc49102eafef8599ccff6047a29faff.jpg

AndroiDad75🤖

Edited by AndroiDad75
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, AndroiDad75 said:

Yesterday, the boys and I put some time in watching a number of oldies but goodies... at this point.  We made a day of it.  I won't add the trailers, because it's all things we are all familiar with.  We watched:

🎬 🎬 🎬 🎬 🎬

The Hobbit:  An unexpected Journey

hobbit.jpg.78b37c04a7711ca1ced7e23e9a9f8f16.jpg

🎬 🎬 🎬 🎬 🎬

The Hobbit:  The Desolation of Smaug

964219142_HobbitDoS.jpg.259a883706c79213a4f805c372199928.jpg

🎬 🎬 🎬 🎬 🎬

Avengers:  Infinity War

1217138906_InfinityWar.jpg.1cbaea5b4dc15f67368a14bc29d07c3e.jpg

🎬 🎬 🎬 🎬 🎬

Avengers:  Endgame

Endgame.jpg.2cc49102eafef8599ccff6047a29faff.jpg

AndroiDad75🤖

"Some time", you said... :) 

You have to have a lot of popcorn stored at home to be able to carry out an evening like this. ;) 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Casiusco said:

"Some time", you said... :) 

You have to have a lot of popcorn stored at home to be able to carry out an evening like this. ;) 

@Casiusco, Yeah it was an all day endeavor... for sure....  I can neither confirm nor deny the amount of snacks that were eaten that day...

1 hour ago, Basil said:

did you not read "we made a day of it" xDxDxD 

good choices @AndroiDad75 👍

basil :D

Thanks @Basil , yup, exactly.  We spent all day watching them and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves 😀

The hard part is I went down in the basement today and the cove joint at the corner of the floor and the poured cement walls has water seeping in and now the carpeting I have down there is wet and it started to creep up the transparent screen I built with the false front wall. I'm just completely bummed out right now... 😭

• Sad 3