IGNORED

What did you watch last night???

Basil

I, Tonya

Finally got to watching this movie and found it quite good, with excellent performances by Margot Robbie and Allison Janney. 

Some people call it a black comedy but personally that's not how I would categorize this film. Some characters do seem like they were taken straight out of a Coen Brothers movie (Fargo comes to mind) but the fact their actions and behavior mirror events that actually happened, make this a much darker affair. 7.5 out of 10

The Taking of Pelham One Two Three

The 1974 original of course, not the unnecessary remake starring Denzel Washington and John Travolta (which I haven't seen and am not planning to, either).

An excellent and expertly crafted caper that is also one of the best movies 'starring' New York City.

Walter Matthau is the transit cop and Robert Shaw (a year before he cemented his legacy as Quint) is the main villain leading a group of criminals who were clearly the inspiration for Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs. Endless enjoyment is to be drawn from this movie - cracking performances, killer soundtrack and sharp as razor dialogue... not to mention one of the best and most memorable endings you're ever likely to see. 9 out of 10

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

🥤🍿📺  🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

image.thumb.jpeg.6aa55538f35498ec3e25792117395c1f.jpeg

323. Everyone learns that Willie was the intruder outside Maggie's room and that he's clinging to life after being shot.
324. David tells Liz that Willie is innocent and insists he must find Sarah.
325. David dreams of Sarah showing him a coffin room where Barnabas rises and menaces him.

• Like 3

156080991_180844737145520_13875761000001

I watched this movie without knowing many details about the story. And I'm curious to know what extent the movie is faithful - or not - to what really happened.

But it seemed to me an interesting film, which without being original, because we have all seen other films like this, manages to maintain interest and a certain tension in most of the movie. 

It's a good movie. And Tahar Rahim's performance is impressive. I don't understand how he wasn't nominated for the Oscars. Jodie Foster does a good job too.

An interesting film as well as entertaining.

• Like 3

well weekend just gone just completely binged watched 4 series of Black sails bloody good imho 👍

anyone thinking of picking this its dirt cheap the 4 series steelbook from zavvi

made me think why are pirates bad cos they argggggh xD 

@Veum if you haven't seen this think might be you cup of tea 👍

basil :D

• Like 3

Spoiler
8 minutes ago, Basil said:

well weekend just gone just completely binged watched 4 series of Black sails bloody good imho 👍

anyone thinking of picking this its dirt cheap the 4 series steelbook from zavvi

made me think why are pirates bad cos they argggggh xD 

@Veum if you haven't seen this think might be you cup of tea 👍

basil :D

🦊 @Basil, I believe I tried to watch this w/the 1st couple of episodes then baled (I don’t really remember since it’s been quite awhile ago)...

didn’t this have a lot of humor in it, which I do not really want in my pirate stories, ala the real Blackbeard (I would like a more serious pirate series though, yeah :))? 🧐 

• Like 2

its all about the politics back ground reading between the lines, it gets going after 3 or 4 but you have to keep the attention on it all the way and plenty of fighting.

and there's plenty T and A for you surprised you never got round to the whore houses xD 

sure your wife love all that xD 

basil 👍

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Basil said:

its all about the politics back ground reading between the lines, it gets going after 3 or 4 but you have to keep the attention on it all the way and plenty of fighting.

and there's plenty T and A for you surprised you never got round to the whore houses xD 

sure your wife love all that xD 

basil 👍

She wouldn’t/won’t watch this for sure! ;)

Maybe sometime in the future I can look into it, kind sir!! :)

Me and her are almost always totally opposite on film watching (she has the better taste I’m sure then me 🤣)! :P

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

You Only Live Twice watch along party with special guest Norman Wanstall

One of my favorite Bond films and one I have seen countless times so I won't comment on the movie itself but rather the guest of honor.

Norman Wanstall is a British sound editor who worked on the first 5 Bond movies and became the first person to win an Oscar for a Bond film (Goldfinger).

The event took place via Zoom and while the movie played in sync on each participant's tv screen, Mr. Wanstall talked about his experiences, commented on notable scenes in the movie, shared anecdotes about how he created famous sound effects (I asked him about my favorite, Oddjob's hat throw in Goldfinger 🙂) and even read a couple of his own poems (poetry being one of his great passions).

A lovely and passionate gentleman who shared his vast knowledge on movie making and could have continued well beyond the alloted 3-hour time slot.

BDxZ6ReCEAAkzv1.jpg

• Like 5

🥤🍿📺  🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

Been binge (season 1, so far 5 episodes through) watching this Canadian TV series on Prime Video today then I’ll watch more of one of my favs DARK SHADOWS, hey! :)

image.jpeg.65c830bb56363c3351c4b35f5545ac59.jpeg

When a biker gang threatens his business, a mob kingpin turns stool pigeon for a crime unit director in exchange for her turning a blind eye.

• Like 2

The Grilling (1981)

MV5BMTc1MGVlY2UtNjBjYS00NmMxLThkMGItMTk4

A French film that I didn't know, I saw last night by chance on Sundance TV, and that pleasantly surprised me.

The whole movie is an interrogation of a suspect in the killing of two young girls, almost like a theater play; but it's very well done. The dialogue is powerful, and the actors, Lino Ventura and Michel Serrault, do a great job.

I liked it.

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 3

🥤🍿📺  🎬🎬🎬 1/2

Amazon Prime

W - The Killer of Flanders Fields
Witse returns to his hometown to find his niece’s murderer. It doesn’t take long before Witse gets in trouble with local police authorities. While conducting his investigation, old family issues are starting to surface.

W - The Killer of Flanders Fields

• Like 2

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)

25E9B34C-E640-4C04-A5B5-2CDF0164387C.jpeg

Synopsis: In Santa Mira, California, Dr. Miles Bennell (Kevin McCarthy) is baffled when all his patients come to him with the same complaint: their loved ones seem to have been replaced by emotionless impostors. Despite others' dismissive denials, Dr. Bennell, his former girlfriend Becky (Dana Wynter) and his friend Jack (King Donovan) soon discover that the patients' suspicions are true: an alien species of human duplicates, grown from plant-like pods, is taking over the small town.

Edited by RAK
  • Like 4

The War of The Worlds (1953)

62B4CE3F-8212-49CE-A73E-B76D7A8997F7.jpeg

Synopsis: Scientist Clayton Forrester (Gene Barry) and Sylvia Van Buren (Ann Robinson) are the first to arrive at the site of a meteorite crash. Soon after, an alien war machine emerges and begins killing at random. The Marines are called in, but they're no match for the aliens' force field. Forrester and VanBuren, however, are able to wound one of the creatures and procure a sample of its blood. They take it to Los Angeles where they hope, through testing, to be able to discover the aliens' weakness.

Edited by RAK
  • Like 2

🥤🍿📺  🎬🎬1/2

Amazon Prime

Möbius 

An FSB officer falls in love with his agent, an American woman who works as a trader in a Russian bank.

Berlin Job

Infamous London gangster cousins, Micky Mannock and Ray Collishaw, are at the top of the food chain, when their world is turned upside down as they lose a shipment of the Russian Mafia’s cocaine in rough seas. Set in London, Amsterdam and Verlin, the story races across Europe at breakneck speed as Micky and Ray attempt to stay one step ahead of the Police. Can they pull a daring diamond heist in time to put things right and retire to a “legitimate” way of life?

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Veum said:

🥤🍿📺  🎬🎬1/2

Amazon Prime

Möbius 

An FSB officer falls in love with his agent, an American woman who works as a trader in a Russian bank.

Berlin Job

Infamous London gangster cousins, Micky Mannock and Ray Collishaw, are at the top of the food chain, when their world is turned upside down as they lose a shipment of the Russian Mafia’s cocaine in rough seas. Set in London, Amsterdam and Verlin, the story races across Europe at breakneck speed as Micky and Ray attempt to stay one step ahead of the Police. Can they pull a daring diamond heist in time to put things right and retire to a “legitimate” way of life?

Ya should do a review of each movie ya watch hehe

the simpsons jay sherman GIF

17 minutes ago, AndroiDad75 said:

🎬 🎬 🎬 🎬 🎬

Godzilla vs. Kong:  My youngest son and I sat down to watch this.  We wanted to watch it down in the basement theater but we are still working on the issues there, so we had to compromise and watch it upstairs before it left HBO Max.

GvKSmallPoster.jpg.cb46abba78bb3f279153050833ea1550.jpg

AndroiDad75🎬

Loved it, and want to see a Kong movie in Hollow Earth!

Edited by RAK
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, AndroiDad75 said:

My son and I loved it as well, but then again we're kind of monsterverse junkies...

A Kong in hollow earth would be awesome.

@RAK, think they'll keep the franchise going or do you think this was the end of the monserverse universe?

It was said that it was the end for now because the rights to Godzilla go back to TOHO after this movie. But it was also said that if it was received well, and if the fans want more they have ideas to keep it going. My guess is it will be awhile before we find out. But they could still do another Kong movie until they figure out the rest.

• Like 2