IGNORED

What did you watch last night???

Basil

Green Book 20 Out Of 5 

I was ready for turning this heart warming slice of genius off .The music to start with was defiantly not my thing 

The main pull was Viggo Mortensen and Mahershala Ali as the lead cast respectively  Tony Lip  as a New York club Bouncer  whos club is closing for long time referbishment .

Dr Don Shirley who has heard Tonys name from a few people that he has the skill set needed for the Tour he is undertaking in the deep South .

Now what for me set this apart is the play between the two main characters as it is like watching a mirror of when me and Richard met .

I'm very much head on and make it up as you go along with a meal eat with your feet if needed

Rich On the other hand is more refined and posh 

In the Movie I was laughing out loud at the Fried Chicken sequence as it was  so like how what we where like .

"Using your fingers to eat is so un sanitary " Rich / Dr Shirley

"Get It down your neck " Me / Tony

This is a true craft with a screenplay to make you identify with those on screen is priceless  bow bowing GIF.

Also a new movie to add to the Silly season list . 

The last date and Christmas concert had me grinning  from ear to ear until the end titles 

WORTH A WATCH HELL YES MORE THAN 1 IN FACT 

• Like 4

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ann @Scary Hair🙂

I very much enjoyed "Green Book" as I think both Viggo and Ali are incredible actors and the story line flowed like warm water on a slip-'n-slide.

Viggo is assuredly renowned for his portrayal of Aragorn in the LOTR trilogy but to me, his best work is found in "Eastern Promises" which is an incredible film.

Now, "Willy's Wonderland", I feel was inevitable, based on the resounding success (and notoriety) of the game  "5 Nights At Freddy's" and to see The Cageman in the seminal role of dupe is the best move they could have made for this insane romp into the bizarre.

Though I have zero interest past morbid curiosity in the game franchise, I will assuredly add "Willy's" to my growing collection of "Crazy Cage Cinema"...😀

Edited by Grendel
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Grendel said:

Hi Ann @Scary Hair🙂

I very much enjoyed "Green Book" as I think both Viggo and Ali are incredible actors and the story line flowed like warm water on a slip-'n-slide.

Viggo is assuredly renowned for his portrayal of Aragorn in the LOTR trilogy but to me, his best work is found in "Eastern Promises" which is an incredible film.

Now, "Willy's Wonderland", I feel was inevitable, based on the resounding success (and notoriety) of the game  "5 Nights At Freddy's" and to see The Cageman in the seminal role of dupe is the best move they could have made for this insane romp into the bizarre.

Though I have zero interest past morbid curiosity in the game franchise, I will assuredly add "Willy's" to my growing collection of "Crazy Cage Cinema"...😀

OHH IT IS CRAZY CAGE for sure @Grendel

Viggo is truly under rated I can remember 1st seeing him in Witness with Harrison Ford , Danny Glover and Kelly MacGillis  That is where I heard Sam Cooke for the 1st time too and I just had to hear more of this phenomenal singer ,

For you Whippersnappers take a look at a true movie masterpiece 

Have you seen Captain Fantastic  this is another heartbreaking yet uplifting tales of how to live a life that is right for you no one else

• Like 2

🥤📺🤠

MHz CHOICE

Money Murder Zurich Popular German crime drama about a disgraced lawyer who returns to his native Zurich to work as an unlicensed defender.

Money Murder Zurich: Borcert’s Case (Sn 1 Ep 1)

Birchers is implicated in the case of a Filipina nanny who allegedly kidnapped a young boy.

Money Murder Zurich: Borcert’s Reckoning (Sn 1 Ep 2)

Accused of bribery, Borchert tries desperately to clear his name.

• Like 4

🥤🍿📺 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

image.jpeg.283e04482aff2dfa1900c794f8e1fda5.jpeg

A bank robber tries to turn himself in because he's falling in love and wants to live an honest life...but when he realizes the Feds are more corrupt than him, he must fight back to clear his name.

🥤🍿📺 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

image.jpeg.ff09955ed9ce0f21e0660b101eacd518.jpeg

A man stranded in the Arctic is finally about to receive his long awaited rescue. However, after a tragic accident, his opportunity is lost. He must then decide whether to remain in the relative safety of his camp or to embark on a deadly trek through the unknown for potential salvation.

• Like 4

Tried to watch Possessor but I fell asleep. No reflection on the movie. Will have to try again tonight. 😅

I watched Happy End over the weekend. It's very well made and I would say rewarding if you're really paying attention. Some parts are pretty funny too.

• Like 3

Just finished watching Possessor. Amazing movie. He really tells a story in the most economical way without any blatant exposition through dialogue but just through visuals, which I like. And it looks as though it was all done though ingenuity and not CGI.

The only thing I would say that bugs me about it are the extreme closeups of everything and people being placed in the corners of the frame. I know it’s probably a technique of inducing claustrophobia and obviously intentional in order to build an off kilter alternate world but for me it’s annoying when used constantly.

• Thanks 1

Watched the original Solaris by Tarkovsky. It is very slow almost to the point of being boring but has a lot of depth to it. The ending is bloody brilliant. I forgot how the remake ended but it wouldn't be anywhere as good as the original I wouldn't have thought.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DarrenJH said:

Watched the original Solaris by Tarkovsky. It is very slow almost to the point of being boring but has a lot of depth to it. The ending is bloody brilliant. I forgot how the remake ended but it wouldn't be anywhere as good as the original I wouldn't have thought.

In my opinion Tarkovsky's film is very good, but it is one of those films that in order to be appreciated it needs to be seen on the right day, not just any day; and, furthermore, it requires patience, a lot of patience. Something common to any Tarkovsky film. And open minded, very open.

Soderbergh's film is very entertaining, in fact I think it is underrated; but it is already another type of cinema, and another level of film.

Everything has its right moment. Or almost everything. 

• Like 1

MV5BNzkxYWUyODMtMjAyMC00ODgzLTk3MzktYmQ4

Nuevo orden (New order)

It's an interesting film with a very simple and powerful plot: somewhere in Mexico, in a city where the lower classes are making a massive protest, which ends up unleashing a wave of violence seeking a revolution, at the same time... the wedding of a girl from a rich family is celebrated in a luxurious house, behind its walls, where many people from rich families, politicians and high officials, and many posh guests, enjoy all the comforts of a high-level wedding regardless of what is happening outside.

Until that wave gets there.

It's a good movie, and interesting. I had read good reviews, and some people call it "this year's Parasites"; maybe influenced because both films show class differences. Still, they are very different movies, and of very different levels. This is not so powerful and great than the other. 

It has very good things, but I think it also has some shortcomings at times. In fact, the biggest of all, is that -in my opinion- it would need 15 or 20 more minutes more to allow the plot to forge some situations. There are times when everything goes too fast, and that misleads a bit.

Still, although it's not "Parasites", it's a good movie, very interesting. I liked it, and I had a good time watching it.

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 2

Last night, the wife and I watched: 

🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

2005883769_WindRiver.jpg.4277c16ef40ce1503c17ce4599f5a50e.jpg

We really, really enjoyed this film.  The landscapes were vast and beautiful and the isolation was palpable.  I know this is the same person who wrote Sicario and Hell or High Water.  The only one we haven't seen now is Hell or High Water.  I am guessing that needs to be on the plate for us soon.  

Wind River.jfif

• Like 4

Spoiler
9 minutes ago, AndroiDad75 said:

🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

We really, really enjoyed this film.  The landscapes were vast and beautiful and the isolation was palpable.  I know this is the same person who wrote Sicario and Hell or High Water.  The only one we haven't seen now is Hell or High Water.  I am guessing that needs to be on the plate for us soon.  

Wind River.jfif 7.39 kB · 2 downloads

🥤Hey @AndroiDad75 very nice choice as this is an excellent film... you might want to hunt this beautiful edition(s) down, it is terrific❣️

I own this OC 😍

image.jpeg.34532a97aafc4034fc3eb8834837a34d.jpeg

• Like 3

Just now, Veum said:
  Reveal hidden contents

🥤Hey @AndroiDad75 very nice choice as this is an excellent film... you might want to hunt this beautiful edition(s) down, it is terrific❣️

I own this OC 😍

image.jpeg.34532a97aafc4034fc3eb8834837a34d.jpeg

See, so much to learn.... I didn't even know it was a premium... 😂

What edition/retailer is that?  And yes, I may have to do just that.  We really, really liked it and know there is repeatability in watching it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AndroiDad75 said:

What edition/retailer is that?  And yes, I may have to do just that.  We really, really liked it and know there is repeatability in watching it.

It is:

Wind River Blu-ray 🇰🇷 

KimchiDVD Exclusive SteelBook / Kimchidvd Exclusive No.66 / Special Box Package / Type DThe Blu | 2017 | 1 Movie, 2 Cuts | 112 min | Rated KMRB: 15+ | Jun 19, 2018

here’s a couple on fleabay you could look at The Blu/kimchidvd/FilmArena ;)

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
5 minutes ago, AndroiDad75 said:

Blu Collection, and also Kimchi sold under their label as well. It's a stunning edition and was priced quite reasonably at the time (if you can find one).

Wind River (Blu-ray SteelBook) (The Blu Collection) (KimchiDVD Exclusive  #66) [Korea] | Hi-Def Ninja - Pop Culture - Movie Collectible Community

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AndroiDad75 said:

🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

Wind River.jfif 7.39 kB · 2 downloads

Wind River is amazing, blew me away the first time I watched it. Taylor Sheridan is a great Writer/Director/Producer. 

Hell or High Water is my favorite movie he has done. He also is responsible for the Tv show Yellowstone with Kevin Costner. Which is just, running out of ways to describe how good it is. It is really, really, really good.

If you like wide open landscapes Taylor Sheridan is someone to watch out for. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SilentasKnight said:

Wind River is amazing, blew me away the first time I watched it. Taylor Sheridan is a great Writer/Director/Producer. 

Hell or High Water is my favorite movie he has done. He also is responsible for the Tv show Yellowstone with Kevin Costner. Which is just, running out of ways to describe how good it is. It is really, really, really good.

If you like wide open landscapes Taylor Sheridan is someone to watch out for. 

I also enjoy all his works... Yellowstone is fantastic and I need to watch Hell or High Water again! :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Veum said:

🥤🍿📺 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

image.jpeg.267179c56c8112c5b8fbc69836ef5b3a.jpeg

Earth's greatest heroes are assembled to form the Justice League, to combat a threat beyond each member's capabilities.

EDIT: caveat, not enough of...

justice league superman GIF

🥤🍿📺 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

image.jpeg.68666cd6818fbb0f473e1ab7869ad3a5.jpeg

Arthur Curry learns that he is the heir to the underwater kingdom of Atlantis, and must step forward to lead his people and to be a hero to the world.

• Like 3

🥤🍿📺 🎬🎬🎬🎬

I only gave this a high like b/c of the characters, the storyline is all over the map... should have been better ☹️ 

+ this great song from Zepp

image.jpeg.b566cae575d831ffba9cf5e9565a43f4.jpeg

Imprisoned, the mighty Thor finds himself in a lethal gladiatorial contest against the Hulk, his former ally. Thor must fight for survival and race against time to prevent the all-powerful Hela from destroying his home and the Asgardian civilization.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Veum said:

🥤🍿📺 🎬🎬🎬🎬

I only gave this a high like b/c of the characters, the storyline is all over the map... should have been better ☹️ 

+ this great song from Zepp

image.jpeg.b566cae575d831ffba9cf5e9565a43f4.jpeg

Imprisoned, the mighty Thor finds himself in a lethal gladiatorial contest against the Hulk, his former ally. Thor must fight for survival and race against time to prevent the all-powerful Hela from destroying his home and the Asgardian civilization.

🥤🍿📺 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

Look at what Hannibal becomes...

image.jpeg.7f74ac34036e326088581f6ec93fcc39.jpeg

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3