IGNORED

What did you watch last night???

Basil

🥤🍿📺 🎬🎬🎬🎬

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

image.jpeg.f312cd143aacc94b2ba01d7b1d2257fd.jpeg

Former scientist Galen Erso lives on a farm with his wife and young daughter, Jyn. His peaceful existence comes crashing down when the evil Orson Krennic takes him away from his beloved family. Many years later, Galen becomes the Empire's lead engineer for the most powerful weapon in the galaxy, the Death Star. Knowing that her father holds the key to its destruction, Jyn joins forces with a spy and other resistance fighters to steal the space station's plans for the Rebel Alliance.

• Like 2

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

🥤🍿📺 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

image.jpeg.22d8cc0d8b6e4b4da695b8598695eea0.jpeg

Betrothed to much-older Joseph (Oscar Isaac), Mary (Keisha Castle-Hughes) must remain a maiden for one year, but she subsequently receives a visit from the angel Gabriel, who tells her of her destiny. When Joseph and now-heavily pregnant Mary journey to Bethlehem for the Roman census, they face a threat from King Herod, whose obsession with an ancient prophecy endangers soon-to-be-born Jesus.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Veum said:

🥤🍿📺 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬 😞 

image.jpeg.d2d8829cc898cb4218150f763925c528.jpeg

A teacher lives a lonely life, all the while struggling over his son's custody. His life slowly gets better as he finds love and receives good news from his son, but his new luck is about to be brutally shattered by an innocent little lie.

Great film! Managed to catch this at a small independent cinema when it came out. Did you enjoy it?

• Like 2

Awards

🥤🍿📺 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬 😞 

image.thumb.jpeg.a6e4e9064bc9d90f933508543655aa2a.jpeg

How far would decent human beings be willing to go, when tragedy blurs the line between just and unjust? With "A Second Chance", Susanne Bier and Anders Thomas Jensen have crafted another startling yet moving drama about how easily we lose our grasp on justice, when confronted with the unthinkable, and life as we know it is hanging by a thread.

• Like 2

🥤🍿📺 🎬🎬

image.thumb.jpeg.dd75234bab62f99e5d461011d0b2a7c6.jpeg

A troubled federal agent with a bloody past struggles to suppress her demons while being taunted by a serial killer.

🥤🍿📺 🎬🎬1/2

image.jpeg.7960d60b771304ff156424749eef1215.jpeg

Stuart Sagle is leading in the race for Governor of Texas, but a fling with a prostitute threatens to derail his campaign. His biggest supporter, his uncle Bill Sagle, has a plan that puts a second candidate, Tim Bayh, into play, and Tim finds himself as the first Black candidate for Governor in Texas' history. 

🥤🍿📺 🎬🎬🎬

image.jpeg.4f682f2ae46ca51b98cbdec8f390436e.jpeg

In 1989, a Canadian journalist investigates the circumstances surrounding the suspicious arrest of a heroin addict imprisoned in a Thai jail.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

🥤🍿📺 🎬🎬

image.jpeg.3240042d05d39eab556e749667445e5c.jpeg

Mix Cellini is obsessed. And not just with the supermodel he's been stalking. He's also endlessly fascinated by the life of Reggie Christie, the infamous serial killer hanged fifty years ago.

🥤🍿📺 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬 

image.jpeg.91cef160ab90a7b5f99f143cbc599f47.jpeg

An ex-con with ties to the Russian mob and Aryan brotherhood yearns to escape his past life of violence, but ultimately decides to take one last assignment.

🥤🍿📺 🎬🎬🎬1/2

image.jpeg.2c259bfc43b12a217155bfc4192865c9.jpeg

A criminal, who was recently released from prison, tries to leave the life he led behind, but certain people from his past have other ideas.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

🥤🍿📺 🎬🎬🎬

image.jpeg.4529c0d9315a5a5ad70b0414f71ff17c.jpeg

A former mountain rescuer is pitted against a group of criminals who have lost suitcases full of cash during a plane crash in the Rocky Mountains.

🥤🍿📺 🎬🎬

image.jpeg.35bb8c6b5a92fff0fd43f3e7b515bc2b.jpeg

While released on furlough from prison, a lowly criminal evades his guards and returns to his old haunts to take revenge on the people that made him a cold-hearted killer. It’s an epic, bloody battle to search for the soul he lost years ago on the streets of an unforgiving city.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

MV5BYWMzMDNlMDQtMTYyYi00OTM3LTllZDYtYThh

A lot of people sing praises for films being 'ahead of their time', but I truly believe that when audiences took their seats and the lights went down in the theatres back in 1989, they were about to glimpse the future. Like many of James Cameron's films, a fresh daisy that hasn't lost its lustre despite the ravages of time and innovations in technology.

This is maybe my 4th or 5th few viewing of this film, and it still genuinely amazes at what was accomplished here; the sheer ambition, scale and seamless melding of genres on display...there's nothing quite like it. Those 170 minutes breeze by. 

Ed Harris and Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio really give it their all here, along with an equally under-appreciated turn from Michael Biehn as the deranged and unstable SEAL team leader that remains as grounded, restrained and subtly tragic a portrayal of pressure-induced paranoia and psychosis there is.

Cameron has teased that he wishes to explore the underwater world of Pandora with the Avatar sequels, which, as much flak as he gets for the first film, I'm genuinely excited about as long as it is backed by the ambition and vision driving this film.

This movie remains one of my favourites of all time.

tumblr_otp399bF8D1rob81ao2_r1_250.gifv tumblr_otp399bF8D1rob81ao4_250.gifv  

tumblr_otp399bF8D1rob81ao5_r2_250.gifv tumblr_otp399bF8D1rob81ao3_250.gifv

tumblr_otp399bF8D1rob81ao8_r1_250.gifv tumblr_otp399bF8D1rob81ao9_r1_250.gifv

tumblr_otp399bF8D1rob81ao7_r1_250.gifv tumblr_otp399bF8D1rob81ao6_r1_250.gifv

tumblr_otp399bF8D1rob81ao10_r2_250.gifv tumblr_otp399bF8D1rob81ao1_250.gifv

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

MV5BYWMzMDNlMDQtMTYyYi00OTM3LTllZDYtYThh

A lot of people sing praises for films being 'ahead of their time', but I truly believe that when audiences took their seats and the lights went down in the theatres back in 1989, they were about to glimpse the future. Like many of James Cameron's films, a fresh daisy that hasn't lost its lustre despite the ravages of time and innovations in technology.

This maybe my 4th of 5th few viewing of this film, and it still genuinely amazes at what was accomplished here; the sheer ambition, intensity and scale on display...there's nothing quite like it. Those 170 minutes breeze by.

Ed Harris and Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio really give it their all here, along with an equally under-appreciated turn from Michael Biehn as the deranged and unstable SEAL team leader that remains as grounded, restrained and subtly tragic a portrayal of pressure-induced paranoia and psychosis there is.

Cameron has teased that he wishes to explore the underwater world of Pandora with the Avatar sequels, which, as much flak as he gets for the first film, I'm genuinely excited about as long as it is backed the ambition and vision driving this film.

This movie remains one of my favourites of all time.

tumblr_otp399bF8D1rob81ao2_r1_250.gifv tumblr_otp399bF8D1rob81ao4_250.gifv  

tumblr_otp399bF8D1rob81ao5_r2_250.gifv tumblr_otp399bF8D1rob81ao3_250.gifv

tumblr_otp399bF8D1rob81ao8_r1_250.gifv tumblr_otp399bF8D1rob81ao9_r1_250.gifv

tumblr_otp399bF8D1rob81ao7_r1_250.gifv tumblr_otp399bF8D1rob81ao6_r1_250.gifv

tumblr_otp399bF8D1rob81ao10_r2_250.gifv tumblr_otp399bF8D1rob81ao1_250.gifv

I still haven’t seen this, @Scary Hair suggested it To me awhile ago. But I can’t find a decent copy for a reasonable price so I can watch it. But it’s always on my radar. 

Edited by RAK
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

Damn. 

It shouldn't be this hard to find a decent/HD copy of this movie. 

6 minutes ago, hal56 said:

It isn´t😁

I can find copies of it, but even the used copies are going for more than what I want to pay for a DVD. 

There starting around $25 USD if I did it right is $32.50 AUD. It’s too much to spend when there has been talk of an upgrade coming at some point.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb RAK:

Nice! It seems that whenever there is an older movie suggested to me, it is only on DVD, and people want more than what I’m willing to pay for a DVD.

Yeah, the prices are ridiculous.

Movies like Schraders Affliction, or older Julio Medem movies are really hard to come by and like you I am not willing to pay a fortune for DVDs.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RAK said:

Nice! It seems that whenever there is an older movie suggested to me, it is only on DVD, and people want more than what I’m willing to pay for a DVD.

Hey @RAK I’m seeing it used on eBay for $4-5 for both region 1 and 2 versions. Unless you need it brand new..?

Great film, haven’t seen it for years though!

Awards

6 minutes ago, soundsorange said:

Hey @RAK I’m seeing it used on eBay for $4-5 for both region 1 and 2 versions. Unless you need it brand new..?

Great film, haven’t seen it for years though!

I don’t have to have it new, but I have some reservations getting a used DVD. But it doesn’t mean I won’t give it a try if the price is right.

But most of what I have found are from Canada, or other countries, and some with stock photos. I do not buy from people that use stock photos!

Edited by RAK
  • Like 1