IGNORED

Manta Lab Dune (2021) (Manta Lab Exclusive #49) (WEA 4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

ShadowWarrior

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

For sure.

They've been putting out solid releases long enough to earn the benefit of the doubt. I'm just seeing reused art, a possible desire/need to increase the amount of collectible items, and a goal to pump out more releases this year. I'm just starting to put some of those pieces together in my head and not really liking what I'm coming up with. I really hope I'm just jumping to conclusions.

But like you said, to each his own. 

All different all equal dude lol. See how they go. I think they had a good year last year so hopefully it continues.

• Like 4

Art is disappointing (particularly the fact that the FS and steelbook have identical art), but alas it’s Manta and Dune so there’s no way I’m not getting it.

I am interested to see if this trend of including trinkets continues and if it does so at the expense of one of the slips in an OC going forward. On the one hand, for some movies (the kinds I’d want an OC for anyways), a trinket is nice for the shelf presence. On the other hand, we’re losing an entire slip for it which is a bummer.

Curious to see what they do with upcoming releases. 

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, vinny91 said:

Only 900copies for OC in the world ....

It's almost double the usual amount (500), but with 1 less slip and same printrun everything else goes up.

Regarding the goodies/trinkets/extra/whathaveyou ... keep 'em separate, I'd rather have a smaller OC in the size of a hardbox from FAC than this.

Edited by tr0llhatt
  • Thanks 2

Awards

il y a 1 minute, tr0llhatt a dit :

It's almost double the usual amount (500), but with 1 less slip and same printrun everything else goes up.

with your experience, do you think many regulars will get an OC ?

I was also surprised to see 2 editions ... and the size for the box won't be standard.

Thanks ;) 

• Like 1

Awards

I actually don't mind Manta 'shortchanging' collectors by including only 2 slips. The collectibles look quite nice and it's not like each slip contains a different steelbook.

The highlight is definitely the steelbook, though I'm sure both slips will look very nice in hand. 

@Trianna so you have officially joined the lunatics club 😆 My heartfelt congratulations and deepest condolences, my dear.

vKYsuFj.gif?noredirect

• Like 7
  • Haha 7

18 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

I actually don't mind Manta 'shortchanging' collectors by including only 2 slips. The collectibles look quite nice and it's not like each slip contains a different steelbook.

The highlight is definitely the steelbook, though I'm sure both slips will look very nice in hand. 

@Trianna so you have officially joined the lunatics club 😆 My heartfelt congratulations and deepest condolences, my dear.

vKYsuFj.gif?noredirect

This is the only time, I swear!

Last One Nicksplat GIF by Hey Arnold

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Steeling A Living said:

Sorry to ask a newbie question, and please feel free to point me to a thread which has the answer (I've looked and can't find one) but what is the main pros/cons between direct and hub shipping. Does the former come straight from Manta? 

@Steeling A Living yes DIRECT shipping comes directly from Manta! 🙌

Here is some info on the other questions that might help you, just click on the caption below! :)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Not the biggest floating head fan but still sooooo excited for this! I know a lot of people are bummed that this OC is down to 2 slips but I love the idea of getting a few collectables in a boxset. I am a fullslip person so a DL gives me about twice as much lenticular as I ever need...

Manta continues to be the best out there in my opinion. Ill pretty much buy whatever they put out (except ZSJL).

shopping buy GIF

Excited to see if they can shift the quality of their premiums over to movie replicas.

• Like 3