IGNORED

Manta Lab Dune (2021) (Manta Lab Exclusive #49) (WEA 4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

ShadowWarrior

3 minutes ago, scohenmarinetech said:

And now that we have Manta making cool collectibles, like the Motherboxes for Zack Snyder's Justice League, maybe we can get a replica sand worm for this one? OR, what about a replica Pain Box!

Timothee Chalamet Pain GIF by Nerdist.com

I have yet to see this movie (only saw the original from 1984) but I assume the pain box will be the design for the OC.

• Like 6

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

Mark me down for a sand worm! But only if it’s actual size and works like the real deal! 😂

6 minutes ago, scohenmarinetech said:

And now that we have Manta making cool collectibles, like the Motherboxes for Zack Snyder's Justice League, maybe we can get a replica sand worm for this one? OR, what about a replica Pain Box!

Timothee Chalamet Pain GIF by Nerdist.com

Sounds like you guys just wanna dance! 😉

• Haha 4

Awards

Just now, R1s1ngs0n said:

Really want to, but since the wife wants to see it too and we have different schedules, it’s become a little tricky.

Ooof, yeah, that does make it harder for sure. You have my sympathies! I’d asked my wife if she wanted to watch it with me on HBO Max and she gave me a funny look.

“Isn’t that the one with the big worm thing in it?”

”yeah!”

”ugh. No. You go ahead.”

I’ve watched it twice now. 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

Ooof, yeah, that does make it harder for sure. You have my sympathies! I’d asked my wife if she wanted to watch it with me on HBO Max and she gave me a funny look.

”yeah!”

”ugh. No. You go ahead.”

OOR

Showtime Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

• Haha 2

Awards

3 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

”yeah!”

”ugh. No. You go ahead.”

I was about to make a humorous comment on that ‘big worm’ quote but I don’t want to risk ruffling any feathers.

But you can probably get my drift 😉

• Haha 5

45 minutes ago, FlanInTheFace said:

I think it looks great! Though I love Manta so I’m pretty bias. Dune was amazing, can’t wait for part 2! Villeneuve is terrific. I’ve loved every movie he has made so far(like Nolan)

Couldn’t agree more. Villeneuve and Nolan are my two favorites. Dune was incredible and I can’t wait to get my hands on Manta’s release.

• Like 4

vor einer Stunde schrieb FlanInTheFace:

For sure! I need to watch Dune again soon! Waiting until I grab the 4K disc

And watching it in 4K UHD makes it even a better visual stunner @FlanInTheFace !

It is a real 4K scan and offers a consistently more coherent picture than that of the (already very good) Blu-ray.

Therefore: The 4k-Disc is Highly recommended.

By the way - it is true, that there is a ton of fantastic art for this epic movie - but I am not so sure if most concepts would suit the front of a steelbook, as the "floating head"-design does imo.

To make an example

For example the (absolutely brilliant) IMAX Posters are extremely classy as a huge print, but lose their conceptual impact on the small surface of a steel book (Paul Atreides would only appear here as an unidentifiable speck in front of a mighty dune landscape) - it is roughly comparable to watching "King Kong" on a smartphone. ..

Therefore I am satisfied with the chosen motif that - and I think most of us agree at least about that - will certainly be done by Manta Lab in an outstanding quality.

And in the end it is always a question of the personal taste - as far as I'm concerned and in (roughly) any case, I prefer a Steelbook with em- or debossing and a high-gloss finish to any bare metal WWA version, even if the latter perhaps has a better selection of motifs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

The steel is very nice, especially the back.

Front could have probably used better art but Manta’s high quality finish will turn this one into another winner with the slips to match.

Oh 100%, it will look amazing in hand! Manata has more than earned my trust in that regard. But imagine the imax poster done with Manta's metallic style! I know they studio has to approve what goes out, but I will choose minimalism over floating heads triangle any day. Hopefully maybe for the FS 🤞RDT_20220131_1252228534420369967128300.thumb.jpg.aac580273380d15c47f69d7d0d8851a4.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Awards

5 minutes ago, Imalilteapot said:

Oh 100%, it will look amazing in hand! Manata has more than earned my trust in that regard. But imagine the imax poster done with Manta's metallic style! I know they studio has to approve what goes out, but I will choose minimalism over floating heads triangle any day. Hopefully maybe for the FS 🤞RDT_20220131_1252228534420369967128300.thumb.jpg.aac580273380d15c47f69d7d0d8851a4.jpg

I love the IMAX poster, but my personal favourite poster will have to be of the solo poster of Paul.

1AD0DDF5-ED54-4DD7-80BA-F2D86913ACF6.webp

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LeGonze said:

Totally agree on the art… All 3 WWA are better… That’s unfortunate…

I’ll wait for HDZeta to see if they can bring something else… ☺️☺️

I actually am pretty pleased with the classic poster art for the steelbook. I do think that the floating heads could generally be better, that said, it’s the poster art choice and not the steel (they didn’t just pick the floating heads for the steel specifically is what I mean). So I am okay with that. I am very excited for that color choice though because it will pair well with that liquid metal finish Manta does so well. I’m hopeful the larger scenic poster arts will be beautifully done on the slips. Until then I shall admire my WWA steels. 

Animated GIF

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, ShadowWarrior said:

They cancelled theirs.

Yeah, Someone else replied the same thing... I didn't catch that at all with all these releases... Hahaa...

It's a shame tho... It will all depend on the art they choose on the Fullslip... IF it's any good, I'll take it... If not, I'll wait for something else. ^_^

• Like 4

vor 32 Minuten schrieb Imalilteapot:

I totally agree on minimalistic design (good example: HDZeta Gold Label Terminator Genesys Steelbook) - but unfortunately minimalism seems to be very unpopular especially for premium steelbooks

Therefore the official poster design Manta uses for the steelbook really is not bad 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, F.M.S said:

totally agree on minimalistic design (good example: HDZeta Gold Label Terminator Genesys Steelbook) - but unfortunately minimalism seems to be very unpopular especially for premium steelbooks

Yeah I sometimes like minimalistic designs, but I prefer busy art with outlandish colors and glossy finishes 😅 I love when steelbooks standout with their unique colors from the shelves.

• Like 2