IGNORED

Media Psychos European Cup Challenge

extantsrevenge

vor 9 Minuten schrieb R1s1ngs0n:

When all is said is done, Italy deserves to be crowned champions but boy, was it a hard fought victory.

Once again, the curse of penalty shoot outs continues for England and I can’t help but feel sympathy for Southgate and his players, especially those who were unfortunate to miss.

But most importantly… I finish well ahead of @thomue1987 so that is really all that matters 😃

You predicted Italy to win it. Respect!

• Like 5

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the winners of the contest

and to all the members who participated

Finally a thought for the English psychos, 

The entries of Rashford and Sancho for the serie of penalties in the end did not pay off

losing a final on penalties is always difficult

football don't coming home, probably for another time

• Like 11

vor 2 Minuten schrieb romain:

Congratulations to the winners of the contest

and to all the members who participated

Finally a thought for the English psychos, 

The entries of Rashford and Sancho for the serie of penalties in the end did not pay off

losing a final on penalties is always difficult

football don't coming home, probably for another time

Yes it's very tough.

I was rooting for England. Seeing the English team and fans cry was very heartbreaking.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Well done to Italy 🇮🇹 who overall had the most possession.

We should have played better in the second half and defended our 1 goal lead, and even try to push harder for a 2nd goal.

Only scoring 2 out of 5 penalties is not good enough. Our bad history in penalty shoot outs has played mind games with even our younger generation of players. Like @romain said it did not pay off bringing Rushford and Sancho on so late just to take penalties.

Anyway well done Italy, great performance though out the tournament.

Well done England for getting to the final and giving us all something to cheer about after what has been a tough time for a lot of us around the world....

FB_IMG_1626042711110.thumb.jpg.5ea1fe756ffb52ecfd45d7b4333bb92a.jpg

This European Cup thread on mp has been a great bit of banter. See you all for next year's World Cup 🏆

Edited by RileyLad
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

il y a 7 minutes, RileyLad a dit :

Well done to Italy 🇮🇹 who overall had the most possession.

We should have played better in the second half and defended our 1 goal lead, and even try to push harder for a 2nd goal.

Only scoring 2 out of 5 penalties is not good enough. Our bad history in penalty shoot outs has played mind games with even our younger generation of players. Like @romain said it did not pay off bringing Rushford and Sancho on so late just to take penalties.

Anyway well done Italy, great performance though out the tournament.

Well done England for getting to the final and giving us all something to cheer about after what has been a tough time for a lot of us around the world....

FB_IMG_1626042711110.thumb.jpg.5ea1fe756ffb52ecfd45d7b4333bb92a.jpg

This European Cup thread on mp has been a great bit of banter. See you all for next year's World Cup 🏆

Yes, you have a young and talented group that will surely want to take revenge 

this tournament should serve as an experience
For example, France is the World Champion after losing in the Euro final
So as you say, see you at the World Cup 👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, romain said:

Yes, you have a young and talented group that will surely want to take revenge 

this tournament should serve as an experience
For example, France is the World Champion after losing in the Euro final
So as you say, see you at the World Cup 👍

Thanks @romain for your positive reply.

Well done @4kiraLfor getting the most points and winning the Fa DL of prometheous that @hal56 kindly donated. 

Right I better go to bed now as working tomorrow. Sunk a few beers so hopefully be able to sleep. 🤣

• Like 7

• ★ Administrators ★

The Euro 2020 is over and so is our great Challenge.

giphy.gif

to all participating members.

A special you're

giphy.gif

to @hal56 & @raylight for donating prizes and @Cornbuster for creating our great award

em20award.png.ca2385b7995243cc634987074a45312f.png

Before I get to the winners.

@PRIAPISM was the only Psycho who predicted the final correctly with 4:3 for Italy.

@R1s1ngs0n @Pbsw23 & @JiumJium are the only 3 Psychos who predicted Italy to win the Euro before it started 👍

@extantsrevenge & @icewire are the only 2 Psychos who knew that Portugal would have the player with the most goals during the tournement ☺️.

And now can I have a drum roll please

giphy.gif

The

giphy.gif

is @4kiraL with an impressive 117 poinst 😲 you have won the Prometheus Double Lenti (donated by @hal56)!

tenor.gif

is @serg50 with a total of 113 Points. You will be able to choose one of the prizes donated by @raylight!

tenor.gif

place goes to @icewire who not only made 111 Points but also fought of his worst nightmare (me ending up before him in the ranking 😂)

add to that he will be able to choose a prize donate by myself 😲.

(Winners please wait for a PM to organise the prize stuff)

giphy.gif

Applause to the winners and all you psychos that played and fought to the end in this challenge.

@Hatori @bilbon @rtphoenix @Caktus26 @mr_wick @cypheria078 @Hecko @LeGonze @Jaksu @xdestroyerj @Noir21 @Robertm89 @extantsrevenge @R1s1ngs0n @KubricksYarbles @guri008 @pluto57 @Count Dantes @Ripper @Cornbuster @CAYENNE-FAHRER @romain @thomue1987 @pignatielloantony @Trianna @Toapel @RileyLad @BlackWidow81 @deckard99 @Pbsw23 @Veum @ksosk @raylight @ThereIsNoooSpoon @kwyjibo7 @Scary Hair @Peterrr @Michael hillaby @Stefbo86 @PRIAPISM @Blu Magic Ray @Catgirl @JiumJium @Casiusco @KananJarrus @GANTZ

The Final Ranking

Spoiler

MP Euro 1.PNG

MP Euro 2.PNG

MP Euro 3.PNG

I will hand out the award in the next few days.

@Mrdugan & @Intentcoin thanks for playing, sorry to see that you lost interest during the challenge and did not reach the 40 game predictions to receive the award.

When we started this event and the registration was going slow in the beginning, I already feared this would be a waste of time, but now after the last few weeks where around 50 Psychos waged battle in our game and also created over 50 pages in this topic, I can only say

giphy.gif

This was a lot of fun and I'm sure we will do this again with the upcoming world cup.

So once again

giphy.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 26

Thank you all. I am glad, my method worked and am very happy about the prize.

But I also want to apologize for using a somewhat unconventional strategy.

I am a mathematician and it was a math experiment on my side. I wanted to check if the World Rankings are as irrelevant as people say. My conclusion is that using world rankings as a means to predict the outcome of football games is very reliable. My top Stats according to Kicktipp was that I missed only 33% of my winner picks. In other words: Since 15% of the games ended in a draw, I only chose the losing team 18% of the time. I believe this was the deciding factor.

But I also realize there are limitations to this strategy. For example I sticked to Belgium in the game Italy vs Belgium because Belgium has the higher ranking. But this means I am disregarding the fact that Belgium have two important players with injuries. As we all know Italy won in the end.

But on the bright side: I predicted Denmark to get into the semi finals, which barely anyone expected. All in all, numbers are a very useful tool when it comes to predicting the future but can also be deceiving at times.

My strategy was very boring, so I want to spice it up next time we play in 2024 ;)

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, 4kiraL said:

But I also want to apologize for using a somewhat unconventional strategy.

I am a mathematician and it was a math experiment on my side. I wanted to check if the World Rankings are as irrelevant as people say. My conclusion is that using world rankings as a means to predict the outcome of football games is very reliable. My top Stats according to Kicktipp was that I missed only 33% of my winner picks. In other words: Since 15% of the games ended in a draw, I only chose the losing team 18% of the time. I believe this was the deciding factor.

But I also realize there are limitations to this strategy. For example I sticked to Belgium in the game Italy vs Belgium because Belgium has the higher ranking. But this means I am disregarding the fact that Belgium have two important players with injuries. As we all know Italy won in the end.

But on the bright side: I predicted Denmark to get into the semi finals, which barely anyone expected. All in all, numbers are a very useful tool when it comes to predicting the future but can also be deceiving at times.

My strategy was very boring, so I want to spice it up next time we play in 2024 ;)

Thank you for the clarification, I've been thinking for a long time why you always have 1-0, congratulations on the victory

• Like 3

vor 31 Minuten schrieb serg50:

Thank you for the clarification, I've been thinking for a long time why you always have 1-0, congratulations on the victory

Yeah, it was just experimental. I chose 1:0 because it is one of the most common results. Lots of times my heart tells me to predict 2:1 oder 2:0 but I had to fight against that urge. rtphoenix predicted the perfect results much better than my strategy, so there's that...

Edit:

To be more precise, if anyone is interested in math, I checked the Euros results of the last few years.

19.6% a game ends in "1:0"

23.7% a game ends with a 1 point difference without "1:0"

31.2% a game does not in a draw or in a 1 point difference

which means for the expected value E and a prediction success of 66% we have:

E = 0.66/(0.66+0.17)*(0.196 * 4 Pts + 0.237 * 3 Pts + 0.312 * 2 Pts) = 1.685 Pts

In other words betting only 1:0 across the whole tournament will give me about 1.685 Pts per game. With 51 games played, I can expect to get around 15 * 1.685 Pts = 86  Pts without Bonus Pts.

Edited by 4kiraL
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, 4kiraL said:

Yeah, it was just experimental. I chose 1:0 because it is one of the most common results. Lots of times my heart tells me to predict 2:1 oder 2:0 but I had to fight against that urge. rtphoenix predicted the perfect results much better than my strategy, so there's that...

it was always very difficult for me to guess the exact score, although it happened several times during the championship. I am very happy with my second place

• Like 7

2 hours ago, 4kiraL said:

But I also want to apologize for using a somewhat unconventional strategy.

I am a mathematician and it was a math experiment on my side. I wanted to check if the World Rankings are as irrelevant as people say. My conclusion is that using world rankings as a means to predict the outcome of football games is very reliable. My top Stats according to Kicktipp was that I missed only 33% of my winner picks. In other words: Since 15% of the games ended in a draw, I only chose the losing team 18% of the time. I believe this was the deciding factor.

But on the bright side: I predicted Denmark to get into the semi finals, which barely anyone expected. All in all, numbers are a very useful tool when it comes to predicting the future but can also be deceiving at times.

@4kiraL just...

🤪

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Congrats 🎉🎊🍾🎈 🥳 on you most deserved win! :)

happy for you congratulations GIF

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

Thank You so much for your most generous prizes my friends @hal56 @raylight🙌

Thank You @Cornbuster for creating our fantastic award! 😀

Congratulations 🥳 congrats 🎊🎉🍾🎈 @serg50 @icewire for your 2nd/3rd places respectfully!! 💪

Thank You @thomue1987 for setting this 🥅 tournament up for us 👍...

& thank you @extantsrevenge for being our master of ceremonies!! :)

Well Done Good Job GIF by maddyshine

Edited by Veum
  • Like 8