IGNORED

Response to Membership Tier

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Hollywood E Rock I saw your post in the other thread. Want to share more insights?

"

I like an idea like this, but it should be reserved for the members who support the site the most.

The ones who buy all the SWAG goodies & join the most Group Buys! Putting their money where their mouth is.

Just because a member has been around for years doesn't exactly mean they are the biggest supporters of the site."

@DodgyDave ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
Just now, HappyDude007 said:

@Hollywood E Rock I saw your post in the other thread. Want to share more insights?

"

I like an idea like this, but it should be reserved for the members who support the site the most.

The ones who buy all the SWAG goodies & join the most Group Buys! Putting their money where their mouth is.

Just because a member has been around for years doesn't exactly mean they are the biggest supporters of the site."

@DodgyDave ?

I don't input any opinions into the make up of Tier Memberships. There are already many voices and opinions within the team. I just leave it to John to filter those opinions or ignore them.  :D

I do like to see loyalty. It is something that is very important to me. Whether there will be changes to the Tier system in the future, to take into account your points, is down to John. 

All levels of loyalty are important to me. It doesn't have to be based on $ spent in my opinion. It's all about showing some form of loyalty.

Just posting regularly and joining in the "banter" is a great form of loyalty, and doesn't cost anything. 

I do take the points about some members only using Platinum as a way of supplying their eBay accounts, but that's the way of the world. These members will also be members of many forums to maximise their chances of multiple copies etc.

They are still supporting MP by being a Platinum Member, whether that is their real intention or not. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

On 8/21/2020 at 11:14 AM, DodgyDave said:

I don't input any opinions into the make up of Tier Memberships. There are already many voices and opinions within the team. I just leave it to John to filter those opinions or ignore them.  :D

I do like to see loyalty. It is something that is very important to me. Whether there will be changes to the Tier system in the future, to take into account your points, is down to John. 

All levels of loyalty are important to me. It doesn't have to be based on $ spent in my opinion. It's all about showing some form of loyalty.

Just posting regularly and joining in the "banter" is a great form of loyalty, and doesn't cost anything. 

I do take the points about some members only using Platinum as a way of supplying their eBay accounts, but that's the way of the world. These members will also be members of many forums to maximise their chances of multiple copies etc.

They are still supporting MP by being a Platinum Member, whether that is their real intention or not. 

Well said. Full disclosure, I do have an eBay account and I have been pretty happy with it. I don't try to get too greedy. BUT I don't support any other site or try to go on other forums to hoard.  There are bigger Jokers that want to cause chaos and squeeze the supply. That is the nature of capitalism and such. 

I have seen the personalities, warmth, and friendliness on this forum in comparison to other places and I will support and remain loyal to only MP unless something earth shattering changes. 

Edited by HappyDude007
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Awards

1 hour ago, HappyDude007 said:

Time for Diamond or Titanium level tier.....or dare I say Adamantium?

To be honest, I dont like the idea of adding another higher membership level. That's just inflation. 

Adding another membership level would have the same effect as simply lowering the amount of memberships available with the only difference being more money will be spent and more unhappy silver members

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dedicated to all Platinum members, old and new alike.

Singing along is advised for full effect.

I’ve paid my fees, time after time

I’ve skipped some group buys, but that’s not a crime

And bad mistakes, I’ve made a few

I’ve had my share of FAC slip through my hands

But I’ve come through

We are the Platinums, my friends

And we’ll keep on splurging ‘til the end

We are the Platinums

We are the Platinums

No Gold or Silver

Yes we are the Platinums of the world

I’ve taken a vow

To buy it all

You bring me Manta, UC and everything that goes with it, I take them all

But it’s been no bed of roses

My wallet’s bruised

I consider it a challenge so get out of my face

My Platinum rules

We are the Platinums, my friends

And we’ll keep on splurging ‘til the end.

We are the Platinums

We are the Platinums

No Gold or Silver

Yes we are the Platinums of the world.

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Like 10
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, HappyDude007 said:

"

@DodgyDave ?

Nice spotlight. You made me go search for the thread

Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
On 8/21/2020 at 1:58 PM, Intentcoin said:

To be honest, I dont like the idea of adding another higher membership level. That's just inflation. 

Adding another membership level would have the same effect as simply lowering the amount of memberships available with the only difference being more money will be spent and more unhappy silver members

I too dont think it is necessary to go with another higher Tier.  Just lowering the amount of members per Tier (escpecially Platinum) is just not really great either because from what the past has shown me not all Platinums join all the same GBs , some are more for A and others are for B , it is very RARE that they would be on all the same all the Plat members.  MP gains a little too for each Tiered membership , MP gives alot to its members BUT it would be wrong to say that MP does not get anything from the deal...  that is why it would be bad for MP if we only have 20 Platinums ... I think personally  it is better to have a little more then less as that is what makes it even more interesting to catch that jem !

I have though been floating with an idea im sure some will not like that is why i wont mention it , but it is something very much for those who have and continue to support MP.  

@HappyDude007  i do agree with you , just because a member has been here since day 1 does not necessarily mean he is loyal to MP, but the other side of the coin , a Platinum who has been a Plat member since we started , does not (and im almost sure some are NOT) loyal to MP.  So you really cant win for losing.  Those who are true supporters of MP i think would tend to purchase the swag more then someone who is not , i mean who does not like to show their support for their favorite , team !! 

No matter what , we are very appreciative for those who chose this cycle to get a Membership , like @DodgyDave even those who are not true supporters of MP are still supporting the site when they have purchased a Tier to get the rewards for having a Tiered Membership. 

Take care

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Masterblaster said:

that is why it would be bad for MP if we only have 20 Platinums ... I think personally  it is better to have a little more then less

Of course, I am not all calling for a reduction in memberships as I'd probably be one of the first to get the boot 😅

2 hours ago, Masterblaster said:

I have though been floating with an idea im sure some will not like that is why i wont mention it

I've been thinking about it as well and it seems inevitable to me that at some point something will have to change and itll be one of those things where a lot of people will be unhappy with the decision because you can't please everyone. 

I just hope I find myself on the right side when it's all said and done 🤞

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, Intentcoin said:

Of course, I am not all calling for a reduction in memberships as I'd probably be one of the first to get the boot 😅

I've been thinking about it as well and it seems inevitable to me that at some point something will have to change and itll be one of those things where a lot of people will be unhappy with the decision because you can't please everyone. 

I just hope I find myself on the right side when it's all said and done 🤞

I prefer to look at the positive side (which nobody has mentioned yet). More MP members & more growth means we can fight for higher allocations, and maybe retailers considering bigger print runs (since we can give them confidence that they will sell enough copies). 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

I prefer to look at the positive side (which nobody has mentioned yet). More MP members & more growth means we can fight for higher allocations, and maybe retailers considering bigger print runs (since we can give them confidence that they will sell enough copies). 

You will never find a bigger supporter of higher print runs than me. Unfortunately it seems to be a somewhat unpopular opinion amongst collectors 

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
4 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

You will never find a bigger supporter of higher print runs than me. Unfortunately it seems to be a somewhat unpopular opinion amongst collectors 

Yes, but I think it depends on how much bigger. Fanatics 1917 has a 250 print run which is crazy small IMO. If they made it 300 or 325 I don't think that would upset too many collectors, and we could have serviced more members. Anyway, this is my hope! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

I am the same.  I’d love if there were always more prints... that way I could get every one I want (or more so every one I can afford)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deckard99 said:

Very 👍 true. I wonder on what basis they rely when considering how many copies to make 🤔 250 is really low

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, deckard99 said:

Im sorry but i have to strongly disagree with you on the point of bigger print runs...Ive always been against it .  If you make a print run 5000+ it makes it less interesting for me as a collectors standpoint .  

This is of course my own personal opinion not necessarily that of MP 

Take care 

• Thanks 2

• ★ Administrators ★
19 minutes ago, mjk said:

Very 👍 true. I wonder on what basis they rely when considering how many copies to make 🤔 250 is really low

I could divulge this information to you but seeing you dont have the clearance just yet , i would have to use my 007 license on you 😁

Take care

• Haha 5

14 minutes ago, Masterblaster said:

Im sorry but i have to strongly disagree with you on the point of bigger print runs...Ive always been against it .  If you make a print run 5000+ it makes it less interesting for me as a collectors standpoint .  

This is of course my own personal opinion not necessarily that of MP 

Take care 

I agree with this as well.