IGNORED

Response to Membership Tier

17 hours ago, mjk said:

But I also don't want huge print runs for example I don't want to see a Blufans editions or any premium retailer release in a Walmart bargain bin or any discount store. It is just my opinion of course .

The difference between a print run of 250 (as the Blufans 1917) and finding it in the bargain bin in Walmart is enormous though. A print run of 250 for a commercially available('worldwide') release is insane to be honest even if the market for premium retail releases aren't that big.
Such low numbers makes much more sense to me if they're giveaways/gifts for something or actually exclusive releases made to build hype (see Ferrari), not when sold to everyone - not at this price point anyway.

Always an even trade.

• Like 1

Awards

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★
31 minutes ago, Masterblaster said:

Well in the end the Distributor decides how many to supply each retailer with  and then it goes from there what they do with them.. 

If you only get 250 you cant make 500 unless you want Mini Steelbooks LOL 

Take care

John

I think you could be on to something here!

happy like it GIF by NOHAU

• Haha 3

The thing that gets me is I don't think they could make a profit. How do make money only selling 250 of something? It's not like they go down to the local copy center and say "run me off 1000 of these collector cards". There has got to be some serious tooling and investment in getting these produced. I've never made premium Steelbooks. If I did I bet I would say $80 for an edition is a bargain!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, AndroiDad75 said:

Is there a standard time frame when memberships open up for application? 

37 minutes ago, Veum said:

@AndroiDad75 I think it’s been mentioned sometime in March if I remember correctly.

Yeah... It should be around March as actual memberships "Expire" at that time... 

@AndroiDad75 Just follow this thread and you'll know exactly dates and times... ;)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So new member here. Hi folks!  I have read several threads on this subject, and still not sure how to get involved.  I seem to understand that membership levels are limited. And I read about bronze silver and gold, but now I'm seeing platinum being mentioned. Anyways,  do I wait till March to try and get a membership? Or do u get one now and march is renewal? And how do I know which levels are available? Sorry for the asks, but I am interested in spring supporting this community.  Thanks to all with some extra time for these questions. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Mutantsmiley said:

So new member here. Hi folks!  I have read several threads on this subject, and still not sure how to get involved.  I seem to understand that membership levels are limited. And I read about bronze silver and gold, but now I'm seeing platinum being mentioned. Anyways,  do I wait till March to try and get a membership? Or do u get one now and march is renewal? And how do I know which levels are available? Sorry for the asks, but I am interested in spring supporting this community.  Thanks to all with some extra time for these questions. 

Bronze, Silver and Gold were the old tier memberships that have since been changed to Silver, Gold and Platinum, each with their exclusive perks.

The current membership cycle (lasts 6 months) expires at the end of this month and subscription/membership renewal for the next one should be announced soon. All details will be explained once that announcement is made so stay tuned for future updates.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...