IGNORED

Response to Membership Tier

@Masterblaster john genuine question here now for example platinums are at 140 members is that going to stay static this year or will there be more increases to the numbers is just if they carry on getting increased you will be taking away from gold and silver and i think you will now find on the important gbs.

i don't think silver get much if any of a look in as it stands and if platinums did increase i wonder how effective gold would become?

thinking about the overall balance, i get is your decision just wondering your thoughts?

cheers

basil 👍

• Like 3

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 36 Minuten schrieb Basil:

@Masterblaster john genuine question here now for example platinums are at 140 members is that going to stay static this year or will there be more increases to the numbers is just if they carry on getting increased you will be taking away from gold and silver and i think you will now find on the important gbs.

i don't think silver get much if any of a look in as it stands and if platinums did increase i wonder how effective gold would become?

thinking about the overall balance, i get is your decision just wondering your thoughts?

cheers

basil 👍

may it should be tier membership open for everyone who like to join and help financially so MP get more support and when comes to gb first come first serve 🤷‍♂️

This year i will try to get Platinum or at least gold. hope there will be enough membership for regular to join tier membership

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
26 minutes ago, swish said:

may it should be tier membership open for everyone who like to join and help financially so MP get more support and when comes to gb first come first serve 🤷‍♂️

This year i will try to get Platinum or at least gold. hope there will be enough membership for regular to join tier membership

Gb first come , first serve are sometimes done but very unlikely as i dont like that method.  I believe that supporting us should get some rewards sometimes , so that is why we have tiered only GBs sometimes.  

1 hour ago, Basil said:

cheers

basil 👍

so in short what you are saying is that people wont join a tier unless THEY benefit from it more then MP does ?  Membership cycles are one of those times when MP gets alot of support money wise .  This helps to balance the books throughout the year.  Im have not made yet a decision on what or how many Platinum there will be , not every platinum member joins every from every Retailer.  

So i think it has proven to balance itsself out in the past.

Take care

john

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Masterblaster said:

Gb first come , first serve are sometimes done but very unlikely as i dont like that method.  I believe that supporting us should get some rewards sometimes , so that is why we have tiered only GBs sometimes.  

so in short what you are saying is that people wont join a tier unless THEY benefit from it more then MP does ?  Membership cycles are one of those times when MP gets alot of support money wise .  This helps to balance the books throughout the year.  Im have not made yet a decision on what or how many Platinum there will be , not every platinum member joins every from every Retailer.  

So i think it has proven to balance itsself out in the past.

Take care

john

no missing the point, give you the example this year think there was a gb i was on and the demand was huge so they asked if some of the plat members would be interested in helping out by giving up some so gold could get some.

so i gave it up no biggy happily did so as someone would have wanted more than me on that occasion and it felt good to do so.

point was if you increase it to say '160' plats this year on certain gbs gold become ineffective like this was fanatics thinking on that occasion with the 140.

and also point of tier as you have said is you PAY for access, you been quite clear in the year saying that. apart from supporting mp which i happily done.

if that access keeps reducing it becomes less effective and everyone just ends up wanting platinum and nothing else at all, also your then make people getting gold thinking well if there all on platinum and i can't get on that GB i want whats the point.

then you base for gold goes away more. depleting sales of that level.

yes i grant you does not happen on all of them but on the ones that count it will do, but now you have halved the renewal process from 1 year to 6 monthly so with that in mind renewals are happening now twice as fast as before.

which i did not fully understand quite why that happened either if im honest because you now have to do twice as much invoicing twice as much member cards twice as much coins, twice as many special giveaway etc where if it was yearly alot of the extra work becomes less and less cost + time for mp as well.

and 

so in short what you are saying is that people wont join a tier unless THEY benefit from it more then MP does ?

no people join for 3 reasons 

1. they want to help MP as much as they can afford to do so personally (everyone spare cash is of differing levels).

2. they want access as well to all the harder gbs. carrott

3. they both go hand in hand.

hope thats helped 

basil 🙏

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

MP is becoming more and more popular and so does the hobby of collecting physical media in general. I think the best we can hope for, is that with increase of demand for premiums the retailers increase the number of limitations on average. I don't know whether MP can have any influence on this in the future.

There is of course the issue of resources as well. But if a product is popular, there is money to be made and increasing for instance the limitation for the next fanatic release from 300 to e.g. 500 will make everyone happier.

• Like 1

I can imagine that another problem is the uncertainty about the popularity of a certain release. Here I wish that there is more communication between retailers and collectors. Maybe in the future make polls about what movies have high demand.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 4kiraL said:

I can imagine that another problem is the uncertainty about the popularity of a certain release. Here I wish that there is more communication between retailers and collectors. Maybe in the future make podylls about what movies have high demand.

Communication from retailers is dire in all honesty they keep quiet till a beauty shot is ready and then you know.

Be nice if they laid out plans yes dates can change we all accept that but more information I think needs to happen like manta/collectong last major update from then was august 2020, it would seem they just dont care as long as it sells out.

Never had these issues when john was running manta.

That is 1 example

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KananJarrus said:

As far as I know, the current 6-month-term ends with April 30. So there might be news around that date, hopefully. Would like to know prices as well, don't have a clue.

So each membership is limited for 6 months and then u need to renew it?

hoping someone here who have them can tell the prices for golden/silver

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
2 hours ago, tr0llhatt said:

Gold was $40 last time around for 6months.

Bargain when you consider it got you a matching set of HDz LotR and Hobbit. 
You could make three times that amount in profit by selling them. :D
Then there’s all the other stuff. Maybe we should double the price. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 6