What did you watch last night???

Basil

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Veum said:

We would not have lost him, if he would have behaved himself, he actually did it to himself!😥

”Like begets Like”, here again, my point taken!🙂

That is indeed the question .

To have lived a lie and not been who he was ment to be would have killed him  I think the line in Innuendo sticks out as THE LATE GREAT MAN sings himself 

You can be anything you want to be
Just turn yourself into anything you think that you could ever be
Be free with your tempo, be free, be free
Surrender your ego be free, be free to yourself

People who HAVE behaved themselfs have died from this illness  . 

Thanks to the hard work of people whos names we will never know those high mortality rates are now hopefully behind mankind . STAY SAFE GET TESTED  .

Men and women still live unfortunately in countries where being WHO you are ment to be can and very often IS a Death sentence by state and ill willed individuals who do not and will not even understand the meaning of the words UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

gay pride love GIF by Chippy the Dog

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Scary Hair said:

That is indeed the question .

To have lived a lie and not been who he was ment to be would have killed him  I think the line in Innuendo sticks out as THE LATE GREAT MAN sings himself 

You can be anything you want to be
Just turn yourself into anything you think that you could ever be
Be free with your tempo, be free, be free
Surrender your ego be free, be free to yourself

People who HAVE behaved themselfs have died from this illness  . 

Thanks to the hard work of people whos names we will never know those high mortality rates are now hopefully behind mankind . STAY SAFE GET TESTED  .

Men and women still live unfortunately in countries where being WHO you are ment to be can and very often IS a Death sentence by state and ill willed individuals who do not and will not even understand the meaning of the words UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

gay pride love GIF by Chippy the Dog

The problem with this description “they” were/are not free & they do not even know it, very sad to me!😢

Unconditional Love as you say, is to tell anyone the truth to save them from all kinds of tragedies! 😘

“If they are in a fire, you/I try to save whomever, “common sense”!😉

LOVE IS

image.jpeg.e5c4bc2e33a92b5b6474bf951cb3d4a2.jpeg  

image.png.0f4b2ff4c3f0906428e7ba64cfaeac58.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Veum said:

The problem with this description “they” were/are not free & they do not even know it, very sad to me!😢

Unconditional Love as you say, is to tell anyone the truth to save them from all kinds of tragedies! 😘

“If they are in a fire, you/I try to save whomever, “common sense”!😉

LOVE IS

image.jpeg.e5c4bc2e33a92b5b6474bf951cb3d4a2.jpeg  

image.png.0f4b2ff4c3f0906428e7ba64cfaeac58.png

The biggest mind control / population manipulations are religion and fear .

One persons Truth Is anothers  Lie 

BOTH are a personal point of view .

Will I HATE someone because I am told too OR would it be how that person has treated me .

The best version of ANY TRUTH IS what someone feels in their heart .

AS long as whom ever we love treats us with respect , love and  honesty that is all that matters in a relationship and life 

gay pride love GIF by Chippy the Dog.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Scary Hair said:

The biggest mind control / population manipulations are religion and fear .

One persons Truth Is anothers  Lie 

BOTH are a personal point of view .

Will I HATE someone because I am told too OR would it be how that person has treated me .

The best version of ANY TRUTH IS what someone feels in their heart .

AS long as whom ever we love treats us with respect , love and  honesty that is all that matters in a relationship and life 

gay pride love GIF by Chippy the Dog.

I just treated “you” with “honesty, LOVE and truth” nothing more needed and I’ve said all I can in LOVE!💕

A famous quote from a infamous person “What is TRUTH?”

Nuff said from me!🎤

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

sorry with ann on this we did lose a light back then, yes he had his own demons as WE all do but he made his choice to be free in his own mind and spirit.

which is about being true to ones self regardless as you are the only person that can live with you.

he decided he did not want to live a lie anymore and for that he has my respect at least he was true to himself if no one else and also thats what counts in the end of things, is it not being honest with yourself not the most important thing?

i get people have differing views on things but everyone has the right to be what they want to be period regardless of what anyone else thinks?

as we are now supposed to be in the 21st century and a more modern society.

anyway i think he said it all in this brilliant video below and yes love was mentioned there and everyone has there right to there own love is that what its not all about also once you have love you've won!

• Like 2

Alrighty this got a little out of hand I guess. This thread is about what we watched last night, right?

And although it wasn't last night (cause last night was gaming night), the last movie I watched was Joker.

Felt uncomfortable throughout the whole movie but in a good way if that makes sense. I think Phoenix' acting was superb and he made it his own version of the Joker.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Trianna said:

Alrighty this got a little out of hand I guess. This thread is about what we watched last night, right?

And although it wasn't last night (cause last night was gaming night), the last movie I watched was Joker.

Felt uncomfortable throughout the whole movie but in a good way if that makes sense. I think Phoenix' acting was superb and he made it his own version of the Joker.

right trianna ive not seen this and will be a blind watch for me, so without giving anything away too much did you feel uncomfortable because was very dark or creepy most the way thru?

a little elaboration would  be good here please.

many thanks

basil 👍

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Basil said:

right trianna ive not seen this and will be a blind watch for me, so without giving anything away too much did you feel uncomfortable because was very dark or creepy most the way thru?

many thanks

basil 👍

It was because it was on some level and to a specific point relatable (before it got in the more comic-esque territory) where I thought about how often we might ignore people with mental illness or how many don't get the right/treatment medication. I know that I would in some situation also just glance at the character and thought "what a freak/what's wrong with him?".

It was making me uncomfortable because I know there should be no sympathy for the character and of course to some degree he was at fault, but on the other hand I also thought how ignored or mistreated some people with mental illness get. Also most scenes play out in cramped up rooms, so you get that kinda claustrophobic feeling.

Hope I could explain it somewhat and get you interested without revealing to much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Trianna said:

It was because it was on some level and to a specific point relatable (before it got in the more comic-esque territory) where I thought about how often we might ignore people with mental illness or how many don't get the right/treatment medication. I know that I would in some situation also just glance at the character and thought "what a freak/what's wrong with him?".

It was making me uncomfortable because I know there should be no sympathy for the character and of course to some degree he was at fault, but on the other hand I also thought how ignored or mistreated some people with mental illness get. Also most scenes play out in cramped up rooms, so you get that kinda claustrophobic feeling.

Hope I could explain it somewhat and get you interested without revealing to much.

A BEAUTIFUL explanation  @Trianna

I also felt that how many times and in how many ways can someone be abused before they snap .

AT every turn a smile or kind word from friends or strangers can help the day go a little easier and a little brighter 200.gif

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Basil said:

many thanks

basil 👍

I really enjoyed watching the Joker. I guess the reason is, I can relate. About five years ago I was diagnosed with Bipolar I and severe PTSD. So, even though the Joker was dark, I beleive the film shed a scary and yet interesting light on mental illness. This is a good thing. I guess that's why I can relate.

Edited by mwatkins02
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, mwatkins02 said:

I really enjoyed watching the Joker. I guess the reason is, I can relate. About five years ago I was diagnosed with Bipolar I and severe PTSD. So, even though the Joker was dark, I beleive the film showed a great light on mental illness. This is a good thing. I guess that's why I can relate.

no fully believe showing lights on these illnesses are a good thing and should be discussed more in a postive light.

also i can only comment for men we tend to bottle things up a bit more and dont talk maybe as we should do, my wife tells me that sometimes.

but i suppose im only a man at the end of the day.

im really glad you have a diagnosis at least you now know what your dealing with and now work out things that help you better improve your life.

i hope mp lifts you in our little community here.

all the very best

basil :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I Saw The DevilIT

A well crafted piece of Cinema without giving anything away Story wise .

Think a what IF ending of Se7en .

A edge of the seat tension filled game of cat and mouse from start to finish 

nervous fuck boy GIF by The Maury Show

@mwatkins02 @Basil

ALL too true Men just plod on day to day and IF a more sensitive side is shown then baration and snide comments follow .

IT takes a true man to face up to knowing that they have issues and ask for help when needed

blow kiss GIF by LEGO

• Like 2

right this afternoon having been watching 47 ronin with keanu reeves love this film little gem of his imho

but people need to watch this to discover it for themselves.

i have the steelbook of this and it is beautiful black and silver embossed steel in gloss.

and so glad i have in my collection.

not watched in a while but glad when i pick up again for a rewatch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

🥤54E530F6-EABC-4B07-AF0E-CDA65C4FF56B.gif.1b122506c93262d0045d3e4957f77e6c.gif📺🎬

Panic Room (2002) 🎬🎬🎬🎬 Directed by David Fincher

Trapped in their New York brownstone’s panic room, a hidden chamber built as a sanctuary in the event of break-ins, newly divorced Meg Altman and her young daughter Sarah play a deadly game of cat-and-mouse with three intruders – Burnham, Raoul and Junior – during a brutal home invasion. But the room itself is the focal point because what the intruders really want is inside it.

The Good Liar (2020) 🎬🎬🎬🎬 Directed Bill Condon

READ BETWEEN THE LIES.

Career con man Roy sets his sights on his latest mark: recently widowed Betty, worth millions. And he means to take it all. But as the two draw closer, what should have been another simple swindle takes on the ultimate stakes.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

well last night could not fall asleep so, recently had turn up on bluray.

which is an old film from 1978 convoy which was uncut on my version and has been digitally restored.

picture quality is superb considering it is such an old fim.

stars kris kristofferson as the rubber duck.

basically a group of truckers led by martin penwald aka rubber duck are targeted by corrupt police officers they take action into there own hands. blazing through several road blocks and speed traps the convoy are pursued through several states. as news of the convoy spreads, unexpected allies join the line, and now the gigantic illegal protest becomes the subject of national news reports.

• Like 2

This past weekend I was able to knockoff 3 films on my must-watch list:

Roma

Train to Busan

1917 was fantastic, loved everything about it and I think I’ll look into the bestbuy steelbook.

Roma was great, definitely makes you feel something, loss, hope, strength. Green book beating Roma for best picture is a joke. I don’t know if I’ll pick up the criterion in the future.

Train to Busan was entertaining enough, though it was probably overhyped for me. Some of the story elements didn’t make sense, but that’s ok. I’ll watch the sequel for sure. Probably will pass on trying to find a steel (especially since I think it’s expensive).

• Like 4

🥤📺 

Homeland:

S8 Ep3 🎬 🎬 🎬 

Carrie realized she would need to prove her worth to the U.S. if she wanted to return. With people refusing to help her, she had to turn to someone she never thought she would have to speak to again.Meanwhile, Saul cut a deal to help a friend in need bounce back from an unimaginable situation. Elsewhere, Haqqani realized that there was unrest in his home. 

S8 Ep4 🎬 🎬 🎬 

Saul plans an announcement. Carrie gets a surprise.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

🥤54E530F6-EABC-4B07-AF0E-CDA65C4FF56B.gif.1b122506c93262d0045d3e4957f77e6c.gif📺🎬

Color Out of Space (2019) 🎬 Directed by Richard Stanley

The Gardner family moves to a remote farmstead in rural New England to escape the hustle of the 21st century. They are busy adapting to their new life when a meteorite crashes into their front yard, melts into the earth, and infects both the land and the properties of space-time with a strange, otherworldly colour. To their horror, the family discovers this alien force is gradually mutating every life form that it touches—including them.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Veum said:

Color Out of Space (2019) 🎬 Directed by Richard Stanley

The Gardner family moves to a remote farmstead in rural New England to escape the hustle of the 21st century. They are busy adapting to their new life when a meteorite crashes into their front yard, melts into the earth, and infects both the land and the properties of space-time with a strange, otherworldly colour. To their horror, the family discovers this alien force is gradually mutating every life form that it touches—including them.

Hello @Veum,

After reading your synopsis of Color Out of Space, I’m very interested in watching this show. Thanks.

• Like 1