IGNORED

What did you watch last night???

Basil

Last night I was watching "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit".

I thought it was an irrelevant and forgettable movie. There is a good director, good actors, and visually it is nice, but there is no story. There is no plot. The script is an amalgam of topics intended to put a known character in motion.

The scenes are artificial as if to make the movie they had decided that they had to put such a scene, a scene of this other type, other of X, etc., because these are the usual scenes you must put in this kind of movies today;... and then tried to put the puzzle together and artificially make a movie. As if with this topics gathering would be enough.

In fact, I couldn't even watch a real Jack Ryan: the character played by Chris Pine could have been another CIA agent with another name, an anonymous guy, and nothing had changed. This Jack Ryan version is an empty character, without personality, and totally interchangeable.

And for the record, I’m not an impatient person. No extreme action is necessary to enjoy. I really like action movies, but, for example, I also have auteurs films, of which many people say that nothing happens, or that it is slow; and I have no problem watching a quiet movie if this is expressing something. Everything has its own moment, we all have different days in our life, and all moments have their own speed.

But this movie is neither slow, nor fast, nor does it have an entertaining story, nor do the characters evolve, nor is it original, nor does it surprise you at all, nor does it try; the script is written with so little desire and so little effort that this apathy is spread to the entire film.

It seems that nobody believed in what they were doing. Take the money and run, that should have been the subtitle. At least I have Amazon's Jack Ryan to have fun.

It is subjective, and, of course, I always respect those who liked it; don't pay much attention to this words, the best in these cases is to watch it yourself. Always. But for me it was a bad surprise. I never pick up the smartphone when I'm watching a movie, and yesterday I picked it up.

• Thanks 3

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

🥤54E530F6-EABC-4B07-AF0E-CDA65C4FF56B.gif.1b122506c93262d0045d3e4957f77e6c.gif📺🎬

Better Call Saul (2020) 🎬🎬🎬

S5 Ep4 - Namaste

As Jimmy doubles down on Saul Goodman; a deeply conflicted Kim brings him an interesting proposition; Gus makes a sacrifice in order to play the long game; Mike attempts to smooth things over with his family.

Discovery channel: Memphis vs NOLA —- Street Outlaws: Fastest in America 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

Eight of the fastest teams in America fight for a winner-takes-all purse of $100,000 – the highest payout in street racing history.

Welcome to STREET OUTLAWS: FASTEST IN AMERICA, an all-new Discovery Channel series where the best of the best descend on Memphis for a shot to ultimately take on JJ Da Boss and the MSO—with the winner bringing home the big money prize and the prestige of being called the baddest on the streets.

High intensity, insane pressure, and extreme emotions rule in this ultimate Street Outlaws showdown, and only the best street racing team will make it to the finish line.

74205FCA-2143-4C59-A539-67B846E6C79D.thumb.jpeg.95f96c6c20a17559a933711efb3113ed.jpeg

• Like 2

🥤54E530F6-EABC-4B07-AF0E-CDA65C4FF56B.gif.1b122506c93262d0045d3e4957f77e6c.gif📺🎬

Brawl in Cell Block 99 (2017) 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬 Directed by S. Craig Zahler

After working as a drug courier and getting into a brutal shootout with police, a former boxer finds himself at the mercy of his enemies as they force him to instigate violent acts that turn the prison he resides in into a battleground.

• Like 2

Assassination Games (2011) 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬 Directed by Ernie Barbarash 

TWICE THE FIRE… DOUBLE THE POWER!

Brazil is a contract killer, willing to take any job if the price is right. Flint left the assassin game when a ruthless drug dealer’s brutal attack left his wife in a coma. When a contract is put out on the same coldblooded drug dealer, both Brazil and Flint want him dead – one for the money, the other for revenge. With crooked Interpol agents and vicious members of the criminal underworld hot on their trail, these two assassins reluctantly join forces to quickly take out their target before they themselves are terminated

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Spoiler
2 hours ago, Veum said:

Assassination Games (2011) 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬 Directed by Ernie Barbarash 

TWICE THE FIRE… DOUBLE THE POWER!

Brazil is a contract killer, willing to take any job if the price is right. Flint left the assassin game when a ruthless drug dealer’s brutal attack left his wife in a coma. When a contract is put out on the same coldblooded drug dealer, both Brazil and Flint want him dead – one for the money, the other for revenge. With crooked Interpol agents and vicious members of the criminal underworld hot on their trail, these two assassins reluctantly join forces to quickly take out their target before they themselves are terminated

HOMELAND S8 Ep.5  🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

Carrie is on the hunt for answers, while Max attempts a rescue and G'ulom takes advantage of an opportunity.

• Like 1

Spoiler
3 hours ago, Veum said:
  Reveal hidden contents

HOMELAND S8 Ep.5  🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

Carrie is on the hunt for answers, while Max attempts a rescue and G'ulom takes advantage of an opportunity.

The Missing (2003) 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬 Directed by Ron Howard

HOW FAR WOULD YOU GO, HOW MUCH WOULD YOU SACRIFICE TO GET BACK WHAT YOU HAVE LOST?

When rancher and single mother of two Maggie Gilkeson sees her teenage daughter, Lily, kidnapped by Apache rebels, she reluctantly accepts the help of her estranged father, Samuel, in tracking down the kidnappers. Along the way, the two must learn to reconcile the past and work together if they are going to have any hope of getting Lily back before she is taken over the border and forced to become a prostitute.

• Like 2

Colewell (2019) 🎬🎬🎬🎬 Directed by Tom Quinn

In tiny Colewell, Pennsylvania, the residents gather at the post office for mail and gossip, while the days pass quiet and serene. That is until news comes that the office is to close, and beloved clerk Nora (a marvelous Karen Allen) is left to fight for her job and reflect on the choices she has made that kept her in Colewell for so many years. Touching, with a hint of melancholy, Tom Quinn’s eloquent film is an ode to small-town life and the quiet emotions that come with nostalgia and memories of the past. As fears arise around her future and her past becomes ever more present, Nora states, “I don’t want to be lonely,” but what that means is elusive. Colewell gorgeously captures rural America, while giving space to the beauty of time passing and reflecting on what determines a life well lived.

• Like 1

Spoiler
2 hours ago, Veum said:

Colewell (2019) 🎬🎬🎬🎬 Directed by Tom Quinn

In tiny Colewell, Pennsylvania, the residents gather at the post office for mail and gossip, while the days pass quiet and serene. That is until news comes that the office is to close, and beloved clerk Nora (a marvelous Karen Allen) is left to fight for her job and reflect on the choices she has made that kept her in Colewell for so many years. Touching, with a hint of melancholy, Tom Quinn’s eloquent film is an ode to small-town life and the quiet emotions that come with nostalgia and memories of the past. As fears arise around her future and her past becomes ever more present, Nora states, “I don’t want to be lonely,” but what that means is elusive. Colewell gorgeously captures rural America, while giving space to the beauty of time passing and reflecting on what determines a life well lived.

A Perfect World (1993) 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬 Directed by Clint Eastwood 

A kidnapped boy strikes up a friendship with his captor: an escaped convict on the run from the law, headed by an honorable U.S. Marshal.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

Spoiler
6 hours ago, Veum said:
  Reveal hidden contents

A Perfect World (1993) 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬 Directed by Clint Eastwood 

A kidnapped boy strikes up a friendship with his captor: an escaped convict on the run from the law, headed by an honorable U.S. Marshal.

ABDUCTED (2020) 🎬🎬 1/2 Directed by Prince Bagdasarian

After 7 year old Eden is kidnapped during an home invasion, single father Dane Hunte takes matters into his own hands, while Detective Fini, leading the investigation, unravels the mystery surrounding the unusual crime.

• Like 1

Better Call Saul 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

S5 Ep.5 Dedicado a Max 

Mike wakes on a ranch in Mexico which has ties to Gus, including a fountain dedicated to Max. Dr. Barry Goodman treats him and recommends he stay to heal. Gus later arrives and asks for Mike's help in Gus’ war against the Salamancas. Mike refuses to engage in killing simply to further Gus' aims, but Gus says he wants Mike because Mike understands Gus' need for revenge. Jimmy as Saul creates delays in Mesa Verde's eviction of Acker.

The Fastest Cars in the Dirty South

Season 1, Episode 5 🎬🎬 🎬🎬🎬

Malibu Twins

Eric and Brant came across another Malibu they can build into a twin G-body and see which of the two is faster.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

Unlocked (2017) 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬 Directed by Michael Apted

After failing to apprehend the terrorist behind a Paris attack that claimed dozens of lives, CIA agent Alice Racine is forced to live in London as a caseworker. Her mentor unexpectedly calls her back into action when the CIA discovers that another attack is imminent. Alice soon learns that the classified information she’s uncovered has been compromised. Running for her life, she turns to a former soldier to help her prevent a lethal biological attack on the citizens of London

• Like 1

Chokehold (2018) 🎬🎬 Directed by Brian Skiba 

Story of a woman who seeks revenge on the Russian Mob for the death of her father. She battles her way up in the underground mixed martial arts fighting world to find those responsible and avenge his death.

A Demon Within (2017) 🎬🎬Directed by Arusha Banker, Justin LaReau

A skeptical, small town doctor is forced to confront his personal demons in order to save the life of a teenage girl who has become possessed in his family’s old house.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

well tonight watched ford vs ferrari best buy release, really good film done really well. sort reminds me when rush came out and no one thought would be any good or do well. but films based on true stories usually are the best ones.

this is one of those films and think christian bale's accent of ken miles was good, considering he's american pulled it off nicely.

i would high recommend personally.

@Scary Hair definitely worth a watch you'll like this i'm sure but its 2hr 32mins so make sure you set a bit a time for this one.

4dcfa8aca27a06741d47ebae7b9979a3eb4e797eb3776-xauue.gif

basil 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Basil said:

well tonight watched ford vs ferrari best buy release, really good film done really well. sort reminds me when rush came out and no one thought would be any good or do well. but films based on true stories usually are the best ones.

this is one of those films and think christian bale's accent of ken miles was good, considering he's american pulled it off nicely.

i would high recommend personally.

@Scary Hair definitely worth a watch you'll like this i'm sure but its 2hr 32mins so make sure you set a bit a time for this one.

4dcfa8aca27a06741d47ebae7b9979a3eb4e797eb3776-xauue.gif

basil 👍

NOT a fan of car movies I like driving them so i suppose I should spend more time watching movies baout them .

tonight I think it will be 

eye black and white window GIF

• Like 1

Beyond White Space (2018) 🎬🎬 1/2 Directed by Ken Locsmandi

When a deep space fishing vessel is robbed by a gang of pirates, the Captain makes a daring decision to go after a rare and nearly extinct species. His obsession propels them further into space as the crew spins toward mutiny and betrayal.

• Like 1

Cutting Class (1989) 🎬🎬 1/2 Directed by Rospo Pallenberg

NO ONE SAID SURVIVING HIGH SCHOOL WOULD BE EASY.

High school student Paula Carson’s affections are being sought after by two of her classmates: Dwight, the “bad boy”, and Brian, a disturbed young man who has just been released from a mental hospital where he was committed following the suspicious death of his father. Soon after being released, more murders start happening. Is Brian back to his old tricks, or is Dwight just trying to eliminate the competition?

AMBITION (1989) 🎬🎬 1/2 Directed by Robert Shaye

A young aspiring musician preparing for a competition, is incredibly confidant and gets herself involved in a frightening trap that she has to find her way out of. It raises the question: If an insane person is telling a story, is it real?

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

Donnybrook (2018) 🎬🎬 🎬 1/2 Directed by Tim Sutton

An ex-marine who struggles to provide for his family and a violent drug dealer with an undefeated fighting record are determined to compete in the Donnybrook, a legendary, bare-knuckle brawl with a cash prize of $100,000.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2