Basil

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★
12 hours ago, Casiusco said:

It has caught my attention that your arguments are very negative, and even so you give it 7/10.

For the record, I like the idea of recognizing good things in movies that we didn't like.

Just because we don't like a movie doesn't mean it's not good; and that it is bad does not mean that we cannot like it.

It's not the same.

😂 yeah, if you read my review you would think that the movie will get very few points in the end. But even when I don't like something it can still have a lot going for it. For example production value and so on. There are so many movies out there (different countries, genres) and if you watch as many as I do you can still appreciate a lot about a movie, even when it did not blew you away. I keep the low points in reserve for something that is actually bad on every level and I try to see as few as possible of those.

Another really negative review I wrote was for Star Wars: The Last Jedi 🤬 if you compare the movie to the original 6 it would deserve only 1 point becuase it is so bad compared to them. If you compare it to other stuff you wil see that it is still a huge Sci-Fi film (not a good one), but so much better than a lot of other stuff, so I ended up giving it 7 too, which for a SW movie was like the end of the world for me at that time. Now I have come to the conclusion that I will simply continue to love the Lucas era forever and not have any expectations for Disney SW in the future.

And they redeemed themself a little

Animated GIF

12 hours ago, Casiusco said:

It's a very personal and subjective opinion, but for me Episode III lives up to the original trilogy, and has more of StarWars than the sequel trilogy put together.

Absolutely underrated for the inertia of the noise and the complaints about Episode 1 & 2.

And the more times I watch it, the more I like it.

Episode III is an absolute Masterpiece for me, actually in my Top 10 favorite movies. It really annoys me that when Force Awakens came out everyone started to hail this as some kind of "real SW" compared to the prequel Trilogy when in reality it is only a copy of previous ideas.

So I completely agree with you absolutely underrated, the whole prequel trilogy is (even when especially 1 has its faults).

• Like 4

On 1/4/2021 at 8:33 AM, extantsrevenge said:

😂 yeah, if you read my review you would think that the movie will get very few points in the end. But even when I don't like something it can still have a lot going for it. For example production value and so on. There are so many movies out there (different countries, genres) and if you watch as many as I do you can still appreciate a lot about a movie, even when it did not blew you away. I keep the low points in reserve for something that is actually bad on every level and I try to see as few as possible of those.

Another really negative review I wrote was for Star Wars: The Last Jedi 🤬 if you compare the movie to the original 6 it would deserve only 1 point becuase it is so bad compared to them. If you compare it to other stuff you wil see that it is still a huge Sci-Fi film (not a good one), but so much better than a lot of other stuff, so I ended up giving it 7 too, which for a SW movie was like the end of the world for me at that time. Now I have come to the conclusion that I will simply continue to love the Lucas era forever and not have any expectations for Disney SW in the future.

And they redeemed themself a little

Animated GIF

Episode III is an absolute Masterpiece for me, actually in my Top 10 favorite movies. It really annoys me that when Force Awakens came out everyone started to hail this as some kind of "real SW" compared to the prequel Trilogy when in reality it is only a copy of previous ideas.

So I completely agree with you absolutely underrated, the whole prequel trilogy is (even when especially 1 has its faults).

I like the way you think. Knowing how to recognize good things even in movies that you don't like.

Not only does it seem sensible and balanced, but it's the right way to be open to finding good things where you do not expect it.

I hate when a lot of people rate a movie "a sxxt" just because they don't like it, unable to see anything positive if it does. Or putting movies on the same level with a very different job behind them.

Those people tend to tag movies too quickly.

And as for Episode III, compared to the new trilogy, for me it very clearly marks the difference between a filmmaker (Lucas) and good directors (Abrams, Johnson).

• Like 2

🥤🍿📺 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

image.thumb.jpeg.39b091cb9ba73b38823b0db184d277c8.jpeg

The Informer

2 Episodes

DRAMA - CRIME | GERMANY | GERMAN WITH ENGLISH SUBTITLES | TV-14 
A young law student with a checkered past is offered the chance to erase her criminal record in return for working as a police informer.

Season 1, Episode 1  Crime, Drama, TV-14, 24-Nov-2020

German intelligence agents offer Aylin amnesty in return for infiltrating a drug ring.

Season  1, Episode 2  Drama, Crime, 

Lured out of witness protection. Aylin penetrates a terrorist cell.

TV-14, 24-Nov-2020Lured out of witness protection, Aylin penetrates a terrorist cell.

• Like 1

Midsommar   4.6 out of 5

Strange wonderful a brutal well crafted watch . 

A trip that seems too good to be true turns out to be just that helped along with some  pagan practices drugs , sex  murder mutilation and self-sacrifice .

I was worried that I would be left let down as the hype train for me  to be a bit too full on  .

This is like Marmite and  Mandy  LOVE IT OR HATE IT 

I SURE DO LOVE ALL 3 

Squirrel GIF by Marmite

mandymovie andrearisborough GIF by Mandy The Film

I'll leave most PG I can find Midsommar Trailer right here 

• Like 2

🥤🍿📺 🎬🎬🎬

image.thumb.jpeg.fa7e5aa6b766ac5cf9fde5825da11661.jpeg

Charly Mattei has turned a new leaf on his past as an outlaw. For the past three years he's been devoting himself to his wife and two children. However, one winter morning, he's left for dead in the underground parking garage of Marseille's Old Port with 22 bullets in his body. Against all odds, he survives. Yet, as things escalate further Charly is forced to fight back the only way he knows how in order to defend his family.

• Like 1

🥤🍿📺 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

Run of the Arrow 1957

A Rebel vet, O'Meara has refused to surrender when Lee does at Appomatox. O'Meara travels west and after escaping from, he joins the Sioux and takes a wife. After denouncing himself as an American, he must make a choice when the Army and Sioux go to battle.

image.jpeg.90b6c22dceab76cc68bba68c16ef231d.jpeg

• Like 1

Let Us Pray 50 Out Of 5

Sometimes small indipendant gems of a movie vome along and just brighten your day 

Let Us Pray iS one of those

Figured  WHY NOT when it was on  offer from Google play Movies for £3.99 down from 10 quid a few weeks ago only just now got around to watching . 

WWOOWWWW A remote Police station in Scotland has an influx of prisoners on a WPC's first night shift 

A Man is brought in by 2 officers who are having extra fun time on shift . After the on call doctor tries to kill him  .They put him in Cell 6 she saw hit yet no body blood on the passenger headlight and smashed windscreen by a joy riding young offender .

A breath of fresh air on the script fantastic cast and script a great dark fun filled watch YES I class this type of movie as fun

happy daffy duck GIF by Looney Tunes

I will leave the teaser trailer here for you all 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Spoiler
12 minutes ago, Scary Hair said:

Let Us Pray 50 Out Of 5

Sometimes small indipendant gems of a movie vome along and just brighten your day 

Figured  WHY NOT when it was on  offer from Google play Movies for £3.99 down from 10 quid a few weeks ago only just now got around to watching . 

WWOOWWWW A remote Police station in Scotland has an influx of prisoners on a WPC's first night shift 

A Man is brought in by 2 officers who are having extra fun time on shift . After the on call doctor tries to kill him  .They put him in Cell 6 she saw hit yet no body blood on the passenger headlight and smashed windscreen by a joy riding young offender .

A breath of fresh air on the script fantastic cast and script a great dark fun filled watch YES I class this type of movie as fun

Already by that trailer I know it’s not for me... too much blatant gore, give me subtle crime dramas (finding it very hard anymore to find these type of films these days 😔) everyday hey 👋 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• ★ Administrators ★
38 minutes ago, Billy Talent said:

RAISED BY WOLVES, I love this show!
Couple of episodes directed by RIDLEY SCOTT, finished watching the season finale!
I can't wait for season 2!

Best show on HBO Max period! I loved every minute. I’m a sci-fi nut so this is right up my alley but I strongly recommend it for anyone 😍😍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

Best show on HBO Max period! I loved every minute. I’m a sci-fi nut so this is right up my alley but I strongly recommend it for anyone 😍😍

YES!!!

finally someone who watches it.
I am obsessed with this show I have watched every damn youtube explanation video.

The best show I have seen in years!

Hope someday they gonna release this on physical media, perhaps a nice necromancer gold box set including a necromancer figurine T POSE and everything 🤗

1111955905_tumblr_ef29a9fcafd1d2e7a283f1e94c190f93_dd261e4d_540(1).gif.f85b995cd45c3cf0a18bb7e54ec1580a.gif

Edited by Billy Talent
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler
49 minutes ago, Billy Talent said:

RAISED BY WOLVES, I love this show!
Couple of episodes directed by RIDLEY SCOTT, finished watching the season finale!
I can't wait for season 2!

MV5BYWUzMGZjNjgtMzkwYS00MTdhLTlhYzItYTEzMjRjMjkzZmM3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE5MzYzMDE5._V1_.thumb.jpg.5493d19460ba2b9d62f0afe21b20ddc7.jpg

8 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

I think it might be my ‘cup of tea’ although we do not get HBO Max (& can not at this time... same w/Netflix, Showtime, etc.) 😔 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• ★ Administrators ★
21 minutes ago, Veum said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think it might be my ‘cup of tea’ although we do not get HBO Max (& can not at this time... same w/Netflix, Showtime, etc.) 😔 

too bad......if only there was a way to download shows that are otherwise unavailable 🤔........oh well, I guess such a thing just doesn't exist!

• Haha 2

• ★ Administrators ★
Spoiler

The story, acting, and effects are all top notch. And I really loved how the show kept surprising me. Lots of twists and turns I didn't see coming.

If they can do steelbooks for shows like Picard and Doctor Who, why not this? I certainly hope so.

• Like 1

Just finished watching the 3 Bad Boys movies. First time with Bad Boys For Life. I thought it was the best movie out of the three. Probably because it had a story and Michael Bay didn't screw it up. Watching old Will Smith run around shooting and blowing things up reminded me a lot of Gemini Man. Which was a pretty good movie, but only like 5 people in the world seem to agree with me on that. Of course I also like Man of Steel, Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad which seem to be on everybody else's sh*tlist as well.

O well!

8 hours ago, Scary Hair said:

Let Us Pray 50 Out Of 5

blood guts and gore you do surprise me ann xD 

but the body parts in the fridge or whatever it is bit much for me :D

basil :D

6 hours ago, deckard99 said:

alot of shows i heard on hbo max if we could only get in the uk as well, one bad thing about america first.

you would have thought they would have made available more world wide well at least the uk and europe 👍

Embarrassed Shame GIF

basil :D

4 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

I hope we get a nice premium edition. I've been holding off on the 4K. 

FYI @Fortis93

mad far as I know the most premium edition available atm is the Arrow video collectors set with Hardbox slip and all three versions of the movie wirh some extra goodies... and it’s a 4K transfer too ...

C2E04FB1-D851-4031-8120-9FD732B20834.thumb.jpeg.be3e98cce5790f6717563b511d4612e1.jpeg

Edited by ukade2327
  • Like 2