IGNORED

Manta Lab Joker (Manta Lab Exclusive #29) (WEA Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

PRIAPISM

3 hours ago, Garypool said:

I opened the last two, one has quite a few scratches, one not as much and the other hardly any. Slightly frustrating there wasn't a perfect one in there, I have other glossy black steelbooks which came perfect before, not sure what happened with these. Not sure if it's worth trying to get replacements as a lot of them seem this way from the sounds of it. Bit of a shame, one pristine one would have been lovely.

Oh well - If I look closely at all of my collection there's various sized imperfections on the vast majority of them in some shape or form that they came with straight out of the shrink wrap - this is such a volatile hobby. You spend a fortune whether first hand or on a secondary market like Ebay, decide as a collector you want to open and enjoy the pieces which lowers their value substantially, and then find imperfections galore without any general usage scuffs or through any fault of your own, simply just delivered that way. Not much you can do other than just accept they're not pristine pieces of art. Once I accepted that it's been better for me.

Conversely, it is a lovely steelbook. Looks great with their Logan one.

Yes it does sting a bit! Could you happen to be able to mix and match front and back covers? They sent a replacement Joker for me with my gb of Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, but who knows how that copy will look🤷‍♂️. I love Manta Lab, and I’m very happy with all their releases that I own. The majority are in great condition, but there are a couple that look like a cat went to town on them🤦‍♂️. My copy of Us is probably the worst as the text on the spine is misaligned on top of the scratches.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/30/2020 at 2:25 AM, FlanInTheFace said:

Yes it does sting a bit! Could you happen to be able to mix and match front and back covers? They sent a replacement Joker for me with my gb of Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, but who knows how that copy will look🤷‍♂️. I love Manta Lab, and I’m very happy with all their releases that I own. The majority are in great condition, but there are a couple that look like a cat went to town on them🤦‍♂️. My copy of Us is probably the worst as the text on the spine is misaligned on top of the scratches.

I'd rather they all be good condition out of the shrink wrap, shouldn't really have to mix and match. I've got a video going over all three and have compared it to the Logan Mantalab which has the exact same gloss black look to it. You can see the difference. And as it turns out all of mine are scratched.

My edition number of the one-click is 0134.

For those that contacted Mantalab about it were they any help? Which way did you contact them? I was going to just accept it, but upon making the video and seeing all three are bad and compared to another steelbook of theirs which is how these should have come... frankly I'm pissed off!

Edited by Garypool
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Awards

22 minutes ago, Garypool said:

I'd rather they all be good condition out of the shrink wrap, shouldn't really have to mix and match. I've got a video going over all three and have compared it to the Logan Mantalab which has the exact same gloss black look to it. You can see the difference. And as it turns out all of mine are scratched.

For those that contacted Mantalab about it were they any help? Which way did you contact them? I was going to just accept it, but upon making the video and seeing all three are bad and compared to another steelbook of theirs which is how these should have come... frankly I'm pissed off!

Ya I would definitely contact them. Of the two issues I had from direct purchases, they replied right away and issued replacements. Still waiting on Joker though, not sure how much better it will be than my current scratched copy. Sounds like it might be an issue for a lot of us though!

5 minutes ago, FlanInTheFace said:

Ya I would definitely contact them. Of the two issues I had from direct purchases, they replied right away and issued replacements. Still waiting on Joker though, not sure how much better it will be than my current scratched copy. Sounds like it might be an issue for a lot of us though!

So should I contact them through facebook or the Collectong website?

I bought the one-click through MediaPsychos, they might not send replacements in that case? I'm happy to send them back these ones, I just want some good fresh factory mintness instead of having these ones where it looks like a fracture glass ball sack was at the end of the conveyer belt giving them a kiss farewell.

Edited by Garypool

Awards

1 hour ago, Garypool said:

Sad-Gif-with-Crying-People-3.gif

OMG...

I almost cried when I saw @Intentcoin Picures...

Now I'm definitely crying...

I hope they get you some mint ones!!... ;)

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Garypool said:

So should I contact them through facebook or the Collectong website?

I bought the one-click through MediaPsychos, they might not send replacements in that case? I'm happy to send them back these ones, I just want some good fresh factory mintness instead of having these ones where it looks like a fracture glass ball sack was at the end of the conveyer belt giving them a kiss farewell.

I personally don’t have a facebook account, so I just messaged them through Collectong’s website. It shouldn’t make a difference that you purchased through the group buy, they’ll have all that info as they work closely with Media Psychos. As long as you show them photos of the damage, they’ll definitely help you

4 hours ago, FlanInTheFace said:

I personally don’t have a facebook account, so I just messaged them through Collectong’s website. It shouldn’t make a difference that you purchased through the group buy, they’ll have all that info as they work closely with Media Psychos. As long as you show them photos of the damage, they’ll definitely help you

I contacted them and they asked for an order number. I told them I didn't have it because I got it from a GB and they told me to contact the GB host and they would sort it out with them. Haven't heard back from any MP staff though

2 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

I contacted them and they asked for an order number. I told them I didn't have it because I got it from a GB and they told me to contact the GB host and they would sort it out with them. Haven't heard back from any MP staff though

Can't they go by tracking number?

14 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

Hmm maybe tag the GB host in a message? Yes actually Manta had me contact the GB host to mention as a reminder that I’d be getting a replacement Joker steel sent with my OUATIH group buy. 

22 hours ago, Intentcoin said:

Hello, tagging both @deckard99 @airwins because I'm not sure whos the host of this GB. 

As you may know two of the steelbooks I receive in my joker OC were damaged. I contacted collectong and after sending them pictures they asked for an order number. I told them I didn't have one because I had gotten it through a GB and they said this:

20200803_012724.thumb.jpg.73189eda8bdba52f68568ea63219bbcd.jpg

2 minutes ago, FlanInTheFace said:

Hmm maybe tag the GB host in a message? Yes actually Manta had me contact the GB host to mention as a reminder that I’d be getting a replacement Joker steel sent with my OUATIH group buy. 

I did tag both of the members on the banner

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

I did tag both of the members on the banner

@Intentcoin

If you don't hear something back from the Staff In Charge within the day I'll see if I can get some help for you. 

They maybe trying to find some answers for you before they respond. Just give them a little more time please.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Intentcoin

If you don't hear something back from the Staff In Charge within the day I'll see if I can get some help for you. 

They maybe trying to find some answers for you before they respond. Just give them a little more time please.

I believe airwins is not here anymore and maybe @deckard99 is very busy.

Tag @DodgyDave hell know hes good like that 👍

Basil 👍

• Thanks 2

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, Basil said:

I believe airwins is not here anymore and maybe @deckard99 is very busy.

Tag @DodgyDave hell know hes good like that 👍

Basil 👍

@Intentcoin should pm me and include Masterblaster. John deals with Manta. He should be able to get something sorted. Manta Are usually very good at helping out.

Send any photos in that pm too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/28/2020 at 8:18 AM, Intentcoin said:

Thanks, does anyone know if any other way to contact them? I sent a message through the manta site and the collectong site. I also sent an email to support@mantalab.com 

Haven't heard anything yet

Geez, I still have yet to open up my recent deliveries including Joker, I'll be sure to check out my steelbooks then too. Thanks for bringing this up @Intentcoin I hope things work out for you!

• Like 1

So I contacted Collectong and they asked for the video. They said they would process replacements.

I've not heard anything back from them since that so I'm not exactly sure if they've received my email back to them with my details and the video/picture so I'll wait a couple more days to hear back from them again. They were very speedy with the initial reply.

• Like 1

Awards

Got my one click from a different group buy. Ordered way before ever discovering this website. Anyway, I wasn't planning on opening my set right now. However, after seeing people having problems. Im second guessing my decision. I would hate to discover something wrong a couple years down the line. I doubt anyone could do anything about it. If I chose to sell or trade and someone opened it and it was damaged. While not totally my fault. I would still feel really bad. Might just have to open it today.

Awards

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2020 at 5:17 PM, Garypool said:

Should be getting replacements when Dunkirk hits - hoping they're good replacements, was totally gutted when they arrived like it, was so looking forward to them as I adore the film. Fingers crossed!

I hope things work out for you! I got my OC out of the box, yet it is still sealed. I guess I should check out my steelbooks within the next week, but life has been so busy and now covid cases are rising all over again 😞

@deckard99 If my steelbooks end up being scratched once I check them out, can I still ask for replacements or is it too late?

• ★ Administrators ★
37 minutes ago, Diamond said:

I hope things work out for you! I got my OC out of the box, yet it is still sealed. I guess I should check out my steelbooks within the next week, but life has been so busy and now covid cases are rising all over again 😞

@deckard99 If my steelbooks end up being scratched once I check them out, can I still ask for replacements or is it too late?

No sure, but if they are damaged send a PM to @Masterblaster and myself with photos and we'll see what we can do. I haven't heard any other reports of problems with this release, so hopefully it was just a one off occurrence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
44 minutes ago, Diamond said:

@Diamond to be honest i would ask you not to wait and open it now .  Now is the best time as Covid keeps most people home more now .. I really cant say one way or another is replacements will be avaialbe at a later date.. I mean they only have a certain amount to start with and so once they are gone they are gone. 

PLEASE try to do it asap !

Thanks 

John

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1