IGNORED

Manta Lab Joker (Manta Lab Exclusive #29) (WEA Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

PRIAPISM

On 10/12/2020 at 1:23 PM, Masterblaster said:

@Diamond to be honest i would ask you not to wait and open it now .  Now is the best time as Covid keeps most people home more now .. I really cant say one way or another is replacements will be avaialbe at a later date.. I mean they only have a certain amount to start with and so once they are gone they are gone. 

PLEASE try to do it asap !

Thanks 

John

@deckard99 @Masterblaster

@Intentcoin @Garypool In direct response to two of your situations.

I got my OC opened today and I went through the "surgery" of getting all of the plastics slipped back and examined the Steelbooks. In my opinion I don't think they're as scratched up as @Intentcoin or @Garypool, but there is evidence of of very faint marks on them. I wasn't able to get them on my phone's camera. I'll post what mine turned out like.

The first was the Double Lenticular Full Slip (BD). Besides that "hand print", there really isn't anything wrong with this Steelbook. See below, so far so good.

936114752_Diamond-JokerPics(4).thumb.jpg.98db2eaf82354c8cd145026233af1de1.jpg

1863296733_Diamond-JokerPics(5).thumb.jpg.c4d2f4b9dc0f42821ddf306c08093478.jpg

1010828609_Diamond-JokerPics(6).thumb.jpg.e86b12f8d0e13eadd9706e7d498ccaf6.jpg

Next I opened up the single Lenticular Full Slip (4K) and this was a different story. Same "hand print" on the front and the back of steelbook looks fine with the plastic on, but once it's off there are noticeable irregular scratch marks and some faint lines are seen (highlighted in red). I still don't think the scratches are as numerous as @Intentcoin and @Garypool however, but still an eyesore that they are there. 

1276964377_Diamond-JokerPics(10).thumb.jpg.84ec215a3793279143942765aab05c98.jpg

2086348304_Diamond-JokerPics(11).thumb.jpg.ea0bde7f5b088682c485e0ab94fda42e.jpg

870953033_Diamond-JokerPics(12).thumb.jpg.22c143b3a27d80ed4a340012a0ccf7d6.jpg

889351214_Diamond-JokerPics(13).thumb.jpg.20dddf6b41dd5414c0b1b0bbc445c1f9.jpg

What do you guys think? Are these worthy of being replaced? Definitely the second one has it's issues and the other faint lines I can't pick up on camera :( 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★

Thanks @Diamond for the pictures and update.  So what i would suggest is yes if they still have some , you should take them.  I agree , they are not too bad off but some imperfections are an eyesore escpecially with this release. 

I will send them an Email and see what the response is.  If you got this direct then im hoping they will also send the replacements (if still avaialble) as well direct with your next purchase.

Sorry that you had to open them to find these imperfections though ... 🤔

Take care

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Masterblaster said:

Thanks @Diamond for the pictures and update.  So what i would suggest is yes if they still have some , you should take them.  I agree , they are not too bad off but some imperfections are an eyesore escpecially with this release. 

I will send them an Email and see what the response is.  If you got this direct then im hoping they will also send the replacements (if still avaialble) as well direct with your next purchase.

Sorry that you had to open them to find these imperfections though ... 🤔

Take care

John

Thanks so much for the quick response John!

Yes, if it works out let me know, I would gladly accept replacements. That scratch by the nose I didn't even notice in the first picture of the front, only in the second picture (different angle)... that scratch hit hard 💔 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Veum said:

I’m thinking now, do I have to open my JOKER OC ML just to find out if I have imperfections (why do these retailers not have better quality control!?  🤔 ) ... what if I wanted to sell it ?... sheesh! 😤

I get where you are coming from, I didn't really intend to open my OC, maybe just one of the slips to enjoy the movie in my setup. Better quality control would be expected for what are "premium products" from a company. If you pick up a Steelbook right off the shelf at BestBuy, then you would expect a few imperfections due to handling of said item; but in these cases quality should be expected to a high enough degree, especially when they're sealed in three layers of plastic 🎁

I really hope the other guys have had luck getting replacements 🙏

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Diamond said:

I get where you are coming from, I didn't really intend to open my OC, maybe just one of the slips to enjoy the movie in my setup. Better quality control would be expected for what are "premium products" from a company. If you pick up a Steelbook right off the shelf at BestBuy, then you would expect a few imperfections due to handling of said item; but in these cases quality should be expected to a high enough degree, especially when they're sealed in three layers of plastic 🎁

I really hope the other guys have had luck getting replacements 🙏

Yeah, and after reading the same thing happened to some of the WeET Avengers: Infinity War, how are we to know (if we do not open them or open them much later, which is what I generally do) when/if these “imperfections” have happened!🙄

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
15 minutes ago, Veum said:

I’m thinking now, do I have to open my JOKER OC ML just to find out if I have imperfections (why do these retailers not have better quality control!?  🤔 ) sheesh! 😤

Why can't Best Buy stop spine slashing? Why do so-called STEEL books dent so easily? Should be made out of tougher stuff, no? That's one of the issues with this hobby, we all want perfection but these damn things are so easily scratched and dented. I've decided to let the little stuff slide, but everyone has a different tolerance level. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

Why can't Best Buy stop spine slashing? Why do so-called STEEL books dent so easily? Should be made out of tougher stuff, no? That's one of the issues with this hobby, we all want perfection but these damn things are so easily scratched and dented. I've decided to let the little stuff slide, but everyone has a different tolerance level. 

I’ve been absolutely fortunate w/Best Buy, I’ve hardly ever had a “dented” steel a “slashed” spine (if I have had one it sure was not very bad at all for me to even consider an replacement 😉) and all of mine are mailed to me hey! 😊

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

My replacement Joker steel from Manta arrived in great condition. I second John @Masterblaster contact them asap! I am starting to prefer matte (as long as it’s done nicely) steels. I’ll take a nice matte finish with embossing and spot gloss over full gloss at this point. The high gloss steelbooks i’ve gotten lately have been all over the place in terms of quality. 

• Like 3

Sorry to see that, Diamond! There's quite a few deep scratches you got there, yourself.

It was more of a shame because I own several Mantalabs none of which have this problem, my Logan steelbook which is gloss black just like Joker is absolutely fine. I was so hyped for Joker release, as my favourite film, and absolutely gutted when I opened them. 

Should be receiving replacements with my Dunkirk order so hopefully it'll be sorted. But more stringent checking needs to be in place before these come out to us!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Awards

19 hours ago, deckard99 said:

OMG, I have noticed those "slashes" and wondered at first why those marks were even there. I'd go through a few Steelbooks on the shelf at BestBuy, to find a "perfect" condition Steelbook... and then it would have that damn slash! 😠 

akuma_no_riddle-04-kouko-assassin-class_rep-knife-glasses-twintails-crying.thumb.jpg.2264d5d984accde9c12e99664f72d8f9.jpg

• Haha 2

• ★ Administrators ★
2 hours ago, Diamond said:

OMG, I have noticed those "slashes" and wondered at first why those marks were even there. I'd go through a few Steelbooks on the shelf at BestBuy, to find a "perfect" condition Steelbook... and then it would have that damn slash! 😠 

Time to open the box of collectible steelbooks, doh! 🙄

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcS8KwSPRNs7MsTbk-LKflO1PMYUq1xCsI-CaF5O-2r9KCwWiSHLN1R_aRGq9jsxLp-4ss47nLA&usqp=CAc

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...