Manta Lab Joker (Manta Lab Exclusive #29) (WEA Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

PRIAPISM

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Garypool said:

This is true. I went through a mindset of doing this early on in collecting, anally pouring over every cm of a steel with a close lightsource to see imperfections. Now I blissfully just give it a look in natural lighting and if I don't catch anything it's all good for me. Because more often than not there's imperfections on every steelbook, and my brain can't handle this.

In saying that, I couldn't edit my previous post and I looked at my I Saw the Devil and Crimson Peak steelbooks which share the exact same gloss black and they aren't nowhere near as bad, so I'm not sure what happened with these. But other than that, without a direct lightsource, unless there's extreme scratches the steel is gorgeous. I was just going through all my steelbooks I own and Mantalab really do have some of the best.

Haha same with me! I try not to look too closely anymore. Just a decent light source and as long as I don’t see any major dents/scratches, i’m happy.

23 minutes ago, LeGonze said:

Ok... So this isn’t usual od Manta Lab right??

I shouldn’t have this problem on my 
image.gif.988344a8a8313a0f06139a534199e869.gif steelbook right??

or my

image.gif.531e566a42b8f4eabd674052fd54ebe7.gif
Steelbook right??

Both of these are black black... And Now I’m nervous to open them up... :(

We’ll just don’t look too closely and you should be good! Is that Manta’s Logan? I have Filmarena’s release and it is near perfect😍. Blah just got in my fullslip from Kimchi of The Nice Guys and there is a huge dent in the lower lefthand corner. I emailed Tony, hopefully he can send me a replacement slip without having to buy something else😩. It’s always something with this hobby!

Just now, FlanInTheFace said:

We’ll just don’t look too closely and you should be good! Is that Manta’s Logan? I have Filmarena’s release and it is near perfect😍. Blah just got in my fullslip from Kimchi of The Nice Guys and there is a huge dent in the lower lefthand corner. I emailed Tony, hopefully he can send me a replacement slip without having to buy something else😩. It’s always something with this hobby!

Yeah, it’s Logan Manta Lab... I really like this design... The look on his face is legendary... :x

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FlanInTheFace said:

I couldn’t decide between Filmarena’s or Manta’s. It was one or the other, so I flipped a coin😄

If I find a FA Logan Maniacs Box on a good price I will get it someday. Im super fan of all X-Men universe and actually Wolverine is my favorite Marvel superhero... :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RileyLad said:

@Intentcoin

What number edition was your OC please mate?

Just wondering if its a low number - one of the earlier ones that rolled out on production? 

Or a higher number that was midway or later please?

Mines number 265

Wondering whether to open everything up to check 🤔🤔

474 😬

• Thanks 1

On 7/26/2020 at 5:02 PM, Intentcoin said:

474 😬

I think the OC print run was 500....

Even tho yours was one of the later ones its still no excuse for the steelbook to turn up with scratches on - or any imperfections for that matter.

Hope John at Manta Lab does something for you to resolve this quickly.

What John's likely to ask is if you are down for anything from the ML Birds Of Prey or Dunkirk group buy? He will probably try and send replacements for you with those.

Fingers crossed for you buddy 🤞

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RileyLad said:

I think the OC print run was 500....

Even tho yours was one of the later ones its still no excuse for the steelbook to turn up with scratches on - or any imperfections for that matter.

Hope John at Manta Lab does something for you to resolve this quickly.

What John's likely to ask is if you are down for anything from the ML Birds Of Prey or Dunkirk group buy? He will probably try and send replacements for you with those.

Fingers crossed for you buddy 🤞

Thanks, does anyone know if any other way to contact them? I sent a message through the manta site and the collectong site. I also sent an email to support@mantalab.com 

Haven't heard anything yet

2 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

Thanks, does anyone know if any other way to contact them? I sent a message through the manta site and the collectong site. I also sent an email to support@mantalab.com 

Ya that’s the address I emailed. The first time I got a quick reply. Subsequent emails took longer to hear back. I’m guessing because of being busy with all their releases. How long ago did you email them? I’d send another message. Unfortunately It seems you have to kind of pester some of these retailers if you want a reply back. In all fairness though, they probably have a lot going on with these releases and Dunkirk coming up!

15 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

last i heard was collectong was supposed to be doing everything including support, so would suggest contacting there.

would suggest using there help page and add photos to back it all up

https://collectong.com/pages/page-contact-custom

basil 👍

• Thanks 1

I opened the last two, one has quite a few scratches, one not as much and the other hardly any. Slightly frustrating there wasn't a perfect one in there, I have other glossy black steelbooks which came perfect before, not sure what happened with these. Not sure if it's worth trying to get replacements as a lot of them seem this way from the sounds of it. Bit of a shame, one pristine one would have been lovely.

Oh well - If I look closely at all of my collection there's various sized imperfections on the vast majority of them in some shape or form that they came with straight out of the shrink wrap - this is such a volatile hobby. You spend a fortune whether first hand or on a secondary market like Ebay, decide as a collector you want to open and enjoy the pieces which lowers their value substantially, and then find imperfections galore without any general usage scuffs or through any fault of your own, simply just delivered that way. Not much you can do other than just accept they're not pristine pieces of art. Once I accepted that it's been better for me.

Conversely, it is a lovely steelbook. Looks great with their Logan one.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Awards

1 minute ago, Garypool said:

It's how I wish the Joker came, pretty pristine. Same gloss black as well 🙈

Wut happnd Manta?!?!

Sorry to hear you got scratched steelbooks too @Garypool

What number was your OC if you dont mind me asking please?

Poor show from Manta Lab - its not normally like them

Hopefully they do something to rectify this for all unfortunate collectors with scratched steelbooks

• Like 2