IGNORED

Manta Lab Joker (Manta Lab Exclusive #29) (WEA Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

PRIAPISM

• ★ Administrators ★
3 hours ago, Intentcoin said:

No offense but that was a genuine suggestion and you didn't really counter it. You don't want to buy it because it has a j card but you also don't want to remove the j card and reseal it? The only possible explanation I can see is that the factory seal would be more valuable when you sell it, but if you're thinking of selling it before you even have it then why get it at all?

I always pay attention to what would detract from the value in money terms, and also the value in pleasure terms. Banners on the top of slips do both in my opinion.

You should look at the beautiful slips SMLife did for their Marvel series. Absolutely wrecked by 4K banners that were not removable. Again in my opinion. But let's be clear, I am entitled to my opinon.

For someone that always opens their steelbooks a removable J card is not a problem. If, like me, you do not open your steelbooks, the only way out of this is what I mentioned Manta did previously. 

As for opening and resealing....

Firstly it is nigh on impossible for an ordinary member to have access to the machinery and materials to do professional reseal, and it would be pointless. It isn't in it's original form if you remove the seal and take off the J card. 

You, and many others, collect for the pleasure of opening your Premiums. I, and many others, collect for the pleasure of owning Premiums.

For me personally there is no pleasure in owning a Premium with a 4K banner draped across the top or bottom of it. So in answering your last point... "why buy it at all"... I won't buy it at all.

• Like 5

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, DodgyDave said:

You should look at the beautiful slips SMLife did for their Marvel series. Absolutely wrecked by 4K banners that were not removable. Again in my opinion. But let's be clear, I am entitled to my opinon.

@DodgyDave

Dave when you’re right, you’re right! SMLife definitely ruin their slips with the design choice to have the 4k banner apart of the actual slip instead of separate.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• ★ Administrators ★
2 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

That's all I wanted to hear. But now I'm curious, do you open any? If so, how do you decide which to open? Multiple copies?

Sometimes if it is a film I want to watch over and over again I will open a premium. More likely if I don't already have a bare bones steelbook of that particular release.

BUT I usually buy a bare bones steelbook or basic 3D/2D BD of films I want to watch many times. So that way the premium remains sealed.

Sometimes I open box sets to see the slips inside. But they remain sealed. AND only if I buy multiple box sets like Barons Alita or the FA Marvel Hardboxes etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• ★ Administrators ★
3 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@DodgyDave

Dave when you’re right, you’re right! SMLife definitely ruin their slips with the design choice to have the 4k banner apart of the actual slip instead of separate.

giphy.gif

What do you mean by "when you're right"  ?   :D

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

Manta finished products always looks better than early production shots. I’m pretty confident that will be the case here too.

giphy.gif

I’ve had to go back & purchase sets after the fact because I wasn’t impressed by early beauty shots. Once you have a chance to see their products in real time it makes a world of difference. That’s why now knowing better I don’t let the early shots completely influence my decision to get their releases. If it’s a movie I want & they are working on it I’m sold.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

giphy.gif

I’ve had to go back & purchase sets after the fact because I wasn’t impressed by early beauty shots. Once you have a chance to see their products in real time it makes a world of difference. That’s why now knowing better I don’t let the early shots completely influence my decision to get their releases. If it’s a movie I want & they are working on it I’m sold.

it is all true, a good examples of that statement are constantine and inglourious basterds those two are like

QCbleUw1HdgloAEAn_IAaTqtAWauS_xc94u7dxjG

basil 👍

• Haha 4

From Collectonghk

Dear Customers, 

We pray our customers are safe from COVID-19. 

We will post a major update on coming Monday in regards to the below matters

1. Joker Shipping Delay
2. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood Shipping 
3. Birds of Prey Pre-order Schedule 
4. 2020 Release Schedule 

We sincerely apologize to all customers who have not received shipping update with Joker. Due to the extreme situation we are in, many things have been cancelled and suspended. Not only we want our customers to receive the product as soon as possible but we care about the quality of shipping service in order for our customers to receive the products safely. More information will be updated on Monday.

Collectong

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

Unfortunate with the delay but can't be helped at the moment. Looking at these will be well worth the wait 😍😍

And @DodgyDave be happy to know jcard loose and ready for the bin haha..

547F5008-9575-4FEF-AC64-27955C685EDF.jpeg

@Robertm89

giphy.gif

Looking good my friend, It would be nice if all movies with J Cards was packaged this way. That sticky glue junk that companies use on regular retail movies is terrible. Plus slipcovers have a better chance of not being damaged if they was covered in plastic.

Edited by Hollywood E Rock
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Robertm89

giphy.gif

Looking good my friend, It would be nice if all movies with J Cards was packaged this way. That sticky glue junk that companies use on regular retail movies is terrible. Plus slipcovers have a better chance of not being damaged if they was covered in plastic.

Yeah that's one of the great things about manta. It's wrapped then wrapped again. So can take it out of one wrap remove the card and still have an amazing sealed premium to marvel at..😍😍

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
16 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

Unfortunate with the delay but can't be helped at the moment. Looking at these will be well worth the wait 😍😍

And @DodgyDave be happy to know jcard loose and ready for the bin haha..

547F5008-9575-4FEF-AC64-27955C685EDF.jpeg

It will be good news for Manta collectors and I’m pleased for them. Anything rather than a J card under the seal. 
But I don’t collect Manta, and I’m sure my HDz one won’t have a J Card anywhere. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, DodgyDave said:

It will be good news for Manta collectors and I’m pleased for them. Anything rather than a J card under the seal. 
But I don’t collect Manta, and I’m sure my HDz one won’t have a J Card anywhere. 

@DodgyDave

I think you've answered this before, but please refresh my memory. Why is it that you don't collect Manta, but wanted the edition from HDZeta instead? Or is it just that you already have the majority of your collection being HDZeta editions already? 😊 Curious

c47432569cdc6a4449090b1555b0147e.gif

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
4 hours ago, Diamond said:

@DodgyDave

I think you've answered this before, but please refresh my memory. Why is it that you don't collect Manta, but wanted the edition from HDZeta instead? Or is it just that you already have the majority of your collection being HDZeta editions already? 😊 Curious

c47432569cdc6a4449090b1555b0147e.gif

I started collecting Manta with their first few releases. Then I realised they were just duplicating what i was already getting from HDz. So I sold them off. I think I just kept a Revenant leather slip for the novelty.

I had been collecting HDz before Manta came along, and in my opinion Hdz is the only place to go for DC. That is undeniable I think.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2