PRIAPISM

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★
9 hours ago, lingrass said:

It is a pity because the Manta WEA steelbooks are of better quality up to date. My opinion. 😘

real housewives of orange county discussion GIF

6 hours ago, icewire said:

The Original Series GIF by Star Trek

Pray show me at what point Manta got within 100 miles of being better than that ?  (Pic attached) 

Also for most platinum members, having exactly the same # across the set. How did manta get on the same planet as that ?
I’m afraid that whether the Mantas steelbook was arguably better, it pales into insignificance compared to a complete collection like that. Matching # or not !

C9211977-1A45-4AA5-99BE-4F077CC60555.thumb.jpeg.59f7fa913babac9c7503b3775f37d518.jpeg

• Like 8

• ★ Administrators ★
2 minutes ago, icewire said:

I was just talking about the steel book.  Tastes differenft of course.  Of course Manta can't compete with a set like this.  Luckily, the J-Card can be taken off with Manta.

The point is that Manta, like FA, can mess about around the edges. Possibly producing a better one off release/steelbook, but they cannot be compared to HDz for consistency. Never in a hundred years. 

• Like 3

vor 2 Minuten schrieb lingrass:

I agree but for all Manta Lab releases like MoS, WW, Aquaman and JL, the seelbooks are better with Manta Glossy, embossed or debossed. I regret but the HDZeta steelbooks are not embossed, debossed and with a poor gloss with no frame but with Shazam perhaps HDzeta upgraded their quality, I hope. Finally, I buy the two editions HDzeta and Manta for one same release because HDzeta is HDzeta, Man, with fantastic boxsets and with terrific lenticular editions and Manta for their boxsets too with better steelbooks.

Just amazing their steelbooks, very close to Blufans in quality, My opinion:

Wonder-Woman-Manta-Lab-Steelbook-Vorderseite-1.jpg

Find both retailers good in their own way.  Especially at DC I get editions of both.

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
19 minutes ago, icewire said:

What you mean with consistency?

Manta MoS only 1 Click no Box set. HDz Box Set. 

Manta BvS only WWA steelbooks (coincidently identical to Nova) No Box Set. HDz Box Set. 

Suicide Squad only WWA steelbook etc. No Box Set. HDz Box Set. 
WW. Great release like HDz Box set for both. 

JL had a J card on it. Box set for both. 

Aquaman. Another fine release like HDz. Box set for both. 
Shazam ???? Oops. HDz Box Set 

Consistency by Manta ?

Manta Box Sets = 3 so far plus Joker. 
HDz Box Sets = 7 so far plus Joker. 

In the old fashioned way of proving a mathematical point...

QED. 
;)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

vor 17 Minuten schrieb DodgyDave:

Manta MoS only 1 Click no Box set. HDz Box Set. 

Manta BvS only WWA steelbooks (coincidently identical to Nova) No Box Set. HDz Box Set. 

Suicide Squad only WWA steelbook etc. No Box Set. HDz Box Set. 
WW. Great release like HDz Box set for both. 

JL had a J card on it. Box set for both. 

Aquaman. Another fine release like HDz. Box set for both. 
Shazam ???? Oops. HDz Box Set 

Consistency by Manta ?

Manta Box Sets = 3 so far plus Joker. 
HDz Box Sets = 7 so far plus Joker. 

In the old fashioned way of proving a mathematical point...

QED. 
;)

Oh, you meant it.  Of course, I agree with you on that point.  I think at that point, Manta was still in the process of self-discovery 😂 Now they bring a box set to every DC release 😊 But unlike HDZeta they really have 3 editions in one box set and not such an unnecessary special pack like HDZeta 😉

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, icewire said:

Oh, you meant it.  Of course, I agree with you on that point.  I think at that point, Manta was still in the process of self-discovery 😂 Now they bring a box set to every DC release 😊 But unlike HDZeta they really have 3 editions in one box set and not such an unnecessary special pack like HDZeta 😉

sorry to butt in here but they aint doing shazam so wheres the answer on that one, it got dropped.

daves right they are far to inconsistent imho.

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
6 minutes ago, icewire said:

Not quite every DC release...No Shazam Box Set ? ;)
Arguable about 3 editions in a box set. Do we really need 3 disc sets of a release ? Realistically we only need a 4k Edition and a 3D/2D Edition. There’s no other option. Personally I prefer the HDz option of a Special Pack. It’s much cheaper than the Manta idea. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

vor 6 Minuten schrieb DodgyDave:

Not quite every DC release...No Shazam Box Set ? ;)
Arguable about 3 editions in a box set. Do we really need 3 disc sets of a release ? Realistically we only need a 4k Edition and a 3D/2D Edition. There’s no other option. Personally I prefer the HDz option of a Special Pack. It’s much cheaper than the Manta idea. 

I can't afford box sets anymore because I am not a millionaire like @extantsrevenge or @Veum 🤣.  Besides, I also lack the space for it.  One edition must be enough.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

• ★ Administrators ★
13 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Manta over HDzeta any day of the week:

- WEA only
- Better steels

- Better 1-clicks (which I don’t even collect)

- Better movie catalog 

You’ve got to be able to back your argument up. 
Just making random statements isn’t acceptable. ;)

What have your points got to do with consistency of releases. 
The only Franchise I can think that Manta have consistently stuck with is Fanatic Beasts. 
No consistency on DC. No Terminators. Only Aliens: Covenant. No X-men, etcetera etcetera. 
So how they have a better movie catalogue than others is beyond me. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DodgyDave said:

You’ve got to be able to back your argument up. 
Just making random statements isn’t acceptable. ;)

What have your points got to do with consistency of releases. 
The only Franchise I can think that Manta have consistently stuck with is Fanatic Beasts. 
No consistency on DC. No Terminators. Only Aliens: Covenant. No X-men, etcetera etcetera. 

We must have a very different idea of what a better movie catalog means. But we are also very different kind of collectors.

While you are more concerned about having no gaps in your collection, no matter how shitty some of the movies may be (and HDzeta has many of those in both their labels), I prefer to own quality movies in a nice exclusive Premium package - movies that I actually watch 😁

Not saying Manta only released winners in terms of movie selection but at least they make an effort lately to expand their catalog beyond just movies from the last 10 years.

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Like 7

38 minutes ago, DodgyDave said:

Well the better movie catalogue comment is of course subjected to taste in movies. Manta Lab shines best with their releases that are not connected to a universe. Just the stand alone films like The Revenant, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Fight Club, La La Land, Ex Machina, Seven, The Shape of Water, The Greatest Showman, Us, Inglourious Basterds etc.

These are all very good movies that have gotten very nice creative box sets from Manta Lab, & I believe it’s this catalogue of films plus a few others that make Manta Lab stand out from the rest of the premium retailers. I believe this is where they should focus their attention, on stand alone films because if you can’t guarantee consistency to us consumers then what’s the point?

I agree with you Dodgy when it comes to franchise consistency HDZeta definitely can’t be beat when it comes to their DC releases. Their quality & design of sets are also top notch.

I hear everyone else’s criticism of HDZeta’s WEA steelbooks & they are right on that front. When compared to other WEA steelbooks there is room for improvement, & HDZeta moving forward have announced better designs w/embossing debossing. But HDZeta isn’t just offering WEA steelbooks with their releases.

They offer a whole box set that usually comes with a special pack that is unique to their company. Which I think is a great idea & helps make their One Clicks stand out as oppose to just offering another Slip edition that has the exact same content. 

Basically my whole point is both companies have their pros & cons. If you like the DC movies I believe it’s best to spend your money w/HDZeta, & whenever Manta Lab has a stand alone movie release in the pipeline it’s definitely money well spent to get yourself a copy.

Unless you got money to blow & then you get everything from both companies no matter consistency, quality, sealed or opened 🤪.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1