IGNORED

Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! NEW: CHALLENGE 38 IS NOW LIVE!

extantsrevenge

vor 3 Stunden schrieb extantsrevenge:

@F.M.S wow, that post was simply terrific again, I would not have mind if you had included a movie for every year from every decade 😂. Also have you read the Manga for Akira? It has so much more story and is one of the greatest Manga you can find. Over 2000 pages long 😍

Well Nils, you know best how hard it can get Mood Fails GIF by JustViral  to find good nuts worthy of an extensive taste test...

besides this, with 100 films, the deadline should have been extended beyond Sunday to the end of the year... 😎

(thank's god it's Monday...:D)

But let's get to AKIRA...

You ask ME whether I have read the Original Manga...?

You're REALLY asking MEEE if I've read the AKIRA Manga???

You must be kidding !

Ehem - of course I did not !

Naah... it was me who was kidding. 😇 No Question that I read it and absolutely enjoyed every page. It will always remain THE Manga Classic for me.

Nevertheless the movie went a conceptional different path (as You might know, the Manga was finished after the Movie)

akira GIF katsuhiro otomo akira GIF by Tech Noir

and thus became a timeless and unique Classic itself...

• Like 8

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/28/2023 at 3:50 PM, MoneySniper said:

Challenge 18: Merchandi$ing! Where the real Money from the Movie is Made

2: Blade Runner 2049

I absolutely adore this AMP and when I saw that there was a restock I just had to get it after I missed the original release. Next to it is the FAC release of Blade Runner 2049.

image.thumb.jpeg.30f2ce067c79323b828fff8814fabd73.jpeg

Love this gorgeous print

Any chance you can put on here as well 👍

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
2 hours ago, Mrdugan said:

Alright @extantsrevenge you want it, you got it!

1347E1CA-29B4-44DB-8763-964F82A99610.thumb.jpeg.d5a244073899148835f832e31670cec2.jpeg

But will you be able to sleep at night knowing this exists and it’s your fault?!?

10F80AAE-B4C7-4130-9878-82D9665B0A6E.thumb.jpeg.b591a80da82e6e0ffbe360942160286f.jpeg

Oh No Reaction GIF by Bounce

apocalypse now horror GIF by Maudit

😨 omg what have I done, I only meant the price sticker on the regular Blu-ray (Rundown and Tropic Thunder). Removing Stickers after such a long time from slips can be very problematic and tricky. I have had to deal with price stickers very often on sealed toy figures when I still collected them. If you have another sticker that is easily removed (I use address sticker) you can carefully tap on a small area with the glue residue and repeat that carefully until the glue staying on the sticker. But on slips there is the risk of damage, it might be possible here.

Can You Forgive Me Philip Seymour Hoffman GIF

• Haha 8

• ★ Administrators ★
3 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

😨 omg what have I done, I only meant the price sticker on the regular Blu-ray (Rundown and Tropic Thunder). Removing Stickers after such a long time from slips can be very problematic and tricky. I have had to deal with price stickers very often on sealed toy figures when I still collected them. If you have another sticker that is easily removed (I use address sticker) you can carefully tap on a small area with the glue residue and repeat that carefully until the glue staying on the sticker. But on slips there is the risk of damage, it might be possible here.

I've often used Zippo gasoline on my Funko Pop boxes, to remove the stickers, and it works very well and doesn't leave any mark 🙂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

• ★ Administrators ★
55 minutes ago, cypheria078 said:

I've often used Zippo gasoline on my Funko Pop boxes, to remove the stickers, and it works very well and doesn't leave any mark 🙂

I never tried any gasoline, to risky on old items. Did you use that on the blisters, or the box cardboard?

• Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★
50 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

I never tried any gasoline, to risky on old items. Did you use that on the blisters, or the box cardboard?

On the box cardboard because sometimes some stores use stickers with strong glue.

I was scared the first time I used this tip but finally the result is perfect and the gasoline vanished completely.

I only used Zippo gasoline, no other type.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

It's okay.

Just tell UHD Club to release this one. 😁

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

OUCH. What a bummer. I have found that using a hair dryer on the sticker while still on the slipcase/case; let it heat the sticker for about 10 seconds (sometimes it takes a little longer), but usually the stickers peel right off, and you don't to deal with gasoline fumes (btw, wouldn't Zippo "gasoline" actually be lighter fluid?)

• Like 4

Awards

5 hours ago, Mrdugan said:

Alright @extantsrevenge you want it, you got it!

1347E1CA-29B4-44DB-8763-964F82A99610.thumb.jpeg.d5a244073899148835f832e31670cec2.jpeg

But will you be able to sleep at night knowing this exists and it’s your fault?!?

10F80AAE-B4C7-4130-9878-82D9665B0A6E.thumb.jpeg.b591a80da82e6e0ffbe360942160286f.jpeg

Oh No Reaction GIF by Bounce

apocalypse now horror GIF by Maudit

2 hours ago, cypheria078 said:

2 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

Gasoline  Tv Land What GIF by YoungerTV

Try Mayonnaise The normal stuff dont know about the Vegan

YES 

animation throw up GIF

not a lot when it is paper or cardboard .

GENTLY massage it in over the sticky and wipe off as soon as it has done its job.

IF you are bothered about damage find some random test stickers to remove .

IT works a treat on CEX stickers anyone in the UK KNOWS these are like cockroach cum to remove  fast and furious fun GIF by bakubaku the cockroach..

Give the Mayo a go 

sml-mario.gif.f92f15b384791924c104feb95c2a787f.gif

• Like 6

Week 20!

IMG_20230206_161718.thumb.jpg.70f729ab59d7e210610c836f41000faf.jpg

DVD-for-Blu-Ray

"Crime and Punishment" (1970) - The definitive adaptation, demanding a Criterion restoration!

"The Flight" - My favorite Soviet film! Incredible, and gorgeous! Deserves better AV.

"Hey Ram" - Awesome movie, awful DVD! Lousy AV, and it doesn't even have subtitles for the musical numbers.

"Manto" (2018) - It's a new movie, and no Blu-Ray. It looks great, but how does it look better on Netflix in this day and age?

"Super Deluxe" - Seriously, India needs to step up the home media game. This masterpiece deserves a premium Blu-Ray!

IMG_20230206_163921.thumb.jpg.2423bc760e8293eb0acb253bb4e71dc2.jpgBlu-Ray-for-Steelbook

"127 Hours" - Brilliant movie, would look great as a streel.

"Anthropoid" - One of the best movies of that year. It has a really sleek aesthetic, too, worthy of an elite edition.

"Bad Times at the El Royale" - THE best film of that year. I don't care what everyone else says! It needs a swanky premium!

"Contact" - A classic, and Warner Bros. Come on, Manta, get on that!

"Jarhead" - So many gorgeous Sam Mendes steels out there. Why not for this modern military masterpiece?

"Suburra" - Fabulous crime epic! It would also be a really cool steel.

• Like 15

Awards

25 minutes ago, camwjohn95 said:

Week 20!

IMG_20230206_161718.thumb.jpg.70f729ab59d7e210610c836f41000faf.jpg

DVD-for-Blu-Ray

"Crime and Punishment" (1970) - The definitive adaptation, demanding a Criterion restoration!

"The Flight" - My favorite Soviet film! Incredible, and gorgeous! Deserves better AV.

"Hey Ram" - Awesome movie, awful DVD! Lousy AV, and it doesn't even have subtitles for the musical numbers.

"Manto" (2018) - It's a new movie, and no Blu-Ray. It looks great, but how does it look better on Netflix in this day and age?

"Super Deluxe" - Seriously, India needs to step up the home media game. This masterpiece deserves a premium Blu-Ray!

IMG_20230206_163921.thumb.jpg.2423bc760e8293eb0acb253bb4e71dc2.jpgBlu-Ray-for-Steelbook

"127 Hours" - Brilliant movie, would look great as a streel.

"Anthropoid" - One of the best movies of that year. It has a really sleek aesthetic, too, worthy of an elite edition.

"Bad Times at the El Royale" - THE best film of that year. I don't care what everyone else says! It needs a swanky premium!

"Contact" - A classic, and Warner Bros. Come on, Manta, get on that!

"Jarhead" - So many gorgeous Sam Mendes steels out there. Why not for this modern military masterpiece?

"Suburra" - Fabulous crime epic! It would also be a really cool steel.

Agree on Bad Times at the El Royale! Absolutely needs the premium steel treatment!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/5/2023 at 5:51 AM, extantsrevenge said:

332407945038201.gif?to=min&r=1024

We have reach Challenge 20 already 😃. Time for me to do another Challenge. 

Also Challenge 20 is not the Challenge for our 2nd Award 😅, I thought that would be to pretictable and easy.

Hopefully that is not keeping you from participating. Would be great if some of the previous players return and new players are welcome any time.

lets-play-come-play.gif

Challenge 20:

"Still Missing! Forgotten Treasures!

where-are-you-james-t-kirk.gif

This week the challenge has 2 parts.

First we want you to show us 5 Movies from your collection that you love but only have as DVD because they have no Blu-ray release.

You can show more, should you not have have 5 on DVD, show as many as you got, If you don't have any, you can show 5 Blu-ray Movies that you would love receive a 4K Upgrade. But hopefully enough members have movies that have really been forgotten by the studios.

For the second part we want you to show us between 5-10 movies on Blu-ray from your collection that you really wish had a Steelbook release, but for some unexplainable reason never got one 😲.

The Movies shown in the second part have to be different movies than from what was shown in the first part.

For both parts you can add comments to the movies, not mandatory but always welcome.

No TV Series in this challenge please.

Nils, you're a real son of a b*tch! This is the first challenge I have to skip, I don't think I have anything that fits either criteria.

angry stan marsh GIF by South Park

• Sad 1

Thank you, Nils, for the 20th Challenge. I like it! Especially because I may get tips on already existing 4K transfers or steelbooks from you, of which I knew nothing yet. 🤷‍♂️

My DVD's I have long ago sorted out all. Therefore, I now show Blurays to which I would like to see a 4K transfer. 

D98137A3-3CEA-488C-A213-9B15EF7CAB3E.thumb.jpeg.ae3cab222c9042ec586f545becf30e73.jpeg

94C61E56-ECF1-48A0-94AD-F49ED4A749FF.thumb.jpeg.04c708ffeddb8e3236648ddf02f216c9.jpeg

And here are blurays for which I miss a steelbook (or haven't found one yet 😅).

7E152294-8350-4118-8428-D57233CF800B.thumb.jpeg.49b1ffad58f52c6815b5bcc23c5dadb5.jpeg

155BAFB3-3A05-419D-8593-FB1E458B5BC6.thumb.jpeg.97fe453a1839d88752266139bd3c5177.jpeg

• Like 20

Here I am for Challenge 20 "Still Missing! Forgotten Treasures!" 

Thank you @extantsrevenge for this 20th challenge!

Unfortunately, I do not have any movies on DVD that haven't been released on Blu-ray, so I'll just go ahead and list 5 movies that I want a 4K release for:

1. True Lies (There's a Spanish Blu-ray release apparently, but I'll hold out for the director approved 4K, hopefully...)

2. Shame

3. Gone Girl

4. Fight Club

5. Se7en (Got way too greedy by adding 3 Fincher movies into this list, but man, I'm dying for some Fincher 4K collection!)

980463989_Challenge20-1.thumb.jpg.f45362ea86ab4a049e9b9fa247236841.jpg

Here are the 5 movies that I want a steelbook release for: (I can imagine some great artworks being used🤩)

1. The Social Network ( It's actually kinda funny that the Social Network already got a 4K release only by being part of the Columbia Classics box set.😅 An individual 4K release would be so nice, and even nicer, 4K steelbook.)

2. Manchester by the Sea

3. Punch-drunk Love

4. Frank

5. Boiling Point

259968285_Challenge20-2.thumb.jpg.92f6a73b5da648ef461b6ee8e11946d2.jpg

• Like 17

Awards

Thanks for the challenge @extantsrevenge

Challenge #20

Here are my 5 blurays that I want 4k release. I heard some rumors about les miserables and amadeus 4k releases but still not happening🫤

1.The lobster

2. Amadeus

3. Begin again

4. Troy

5. Les miserables

20230210_214741.thumb.jpg.ad7e237aa3a7954c9a65d9ce63c516ec.jpg

And 5 movies that I want steelbook release.

1. The artist

2. Last chance harvey

3. Love story

4. Speed racer

5. The intouchables

20230210_222222.thumb.jpg.10f429567685ca19d90d0ee0398190e7.jpg

• Like 19

• ★ Administrators ★

Some points to hand out, sadly each time I wanted to do it other things came up, anyway we certainly need much more participants this week.

come on chunk GIF

The challenge is not that hard 😜

Thanks @Catgirl Lagaan is really good, Aamir Khan is my favorite Indian Actor.

@camwjohn95 @Gentleman @nerdist (that Spanish True Lies BD is a bootleg, so better wait for the real deal 👍@Cornrow

Appreciate how you all go through your old discs to find forgotten treasures ☺️

@Mrdugan in all that Sticker controversy 😂 I forgot to mention that Tropic Thunder has a German Steelbook that was released in 2010.

Everyone that has not yet participated, ask yourself

giphy.gif

Our next challenge will be presented by @Blu Magic Ray on Sunday, this challenge is still open until the end of sunday.

• Like 13