IGNORED

Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! NEW: CHALLENGE 38 IS NOW LIVE!

extantsrevenge

vor 3 Minuten schrieb extantsrevenge:

rachel-mc-adams-the-notebook.gif

no @F.M.S, no @Casiusco and for 2 weeks no @ukade2327 😩

WNMV.gif

Thank you @sobmaster @raylight @ajames212 @Boilersteel for the lovely submissions.

And now to challenge 22

tumblr_lppgg8b5Vm1qcyjm3o1_500.gif

Nice @Reagh my brother has the Twin Peaks book too, but can we count that as an adaptaion 😜

I fully expected you to use The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo on this challenge @Veum 😄

Oh @hal56 you brought the classics out, I'm not really a fan of Shakespeare, also everyone knows

rlAs3vo.gif

I hope some of you enjoyed my post, it got kinda long as I got so excited when I thought about the stuff I choose to present. Hopefully a few Psychos will check out one or the other of these great stories.

Looking good @GuyIncognit0 .

Very nice selection @ethnosax I see you got the new Dune HC version 👍

@Chief_lookout I was waiting for someone to post The Infinity Gauntlet, such terrific art by the magnificent George Pérez.

@bossjon most impressive your CGC 9.8 Collection for Miles, especially when you know how much they are worth 🤣, simply amazing.

A slow but great start to Challenge 22, I'm very much looking forward to more submissions.

new_psycho_challenge_starting_gleaming_metal_silver.gif.28893c718a66ea5c3cda404d9a8539af.gif

I can't take part in this challenge because I don't have any books😭

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Challenge 22 - Adaptation 

Thank you @Reagh for this challenge! Not a "voracious reader" myself like Gone Girl's Amy, but I did manage to scrape together four titles.

voraciousreader.gif.98b92f61a35e4004cfe565facdb3a8e4.gif

1. Gone Girl: Hands down my favourite adaptation. I watched the movie first and couldn't resist the urge to read the original novel. The novel by Gillian Flynn is already amazing by constantly switching between perspectives, and perusing the book really deepened my appreciation for the way Fincher visualised it.

Spoiler

Here's one little Glass Onion Easter egg:😅

KnivesOut.thumb.jpg.44d883d5e3f9cf1d9f27e9da8e88647e.jpg

2. Interstellar (the original movie and its novelization)

3. The Great Gatsby

4. 2001: A Space Odyssey

challenge22.thumb.jpg.59d79e7b888d3c5d69baac15278cb003.jpg

challenge22-1.thumb.jpg.1dbb8998ad1ac10ea3eff5c7029a0f8e.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Awards

ADAPTATIONS

Fun challenge @Reagh, thanks! Here's what I've got: 

IMG_5384.thumb.JPG.7fac597913a3103ba3d1e272effc6a17.JPG

IMG_5382.thumb.jpg.2af11f1068314b6f0286de80e9019864.jpg

IMG_5380.thumb.JPG.a209624c09c8403d64950728eb570b37.JPG

IMG_5381.thumb.JPG.32bf952f0aa16e1debcb7d115bf816f3.JPG

The Shining is my favorite adaptation. The book is fantastic but the movie adds so much focus to the story. King, being a huge fan of backstory, goes overboard as usual, giving us too much about the characters. I don't want 8,000 flashbacks and side plots, Stephen. 

I really like Clarke's novelization of 2001 as well; Arthur C. Clarke is my favorite author. I like being able to spend more time with the characters aboard Discovery, I like being able to hear more of their internal dialogue. There's a moment in the book where HAL removes all the air from the ship in an effort to stop Dave, which is exciting and tense and something I actually would've loved to see in the film. (Disclaimer: the film is perfect)

Edited by hansreinhardt
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★

giphy.gif

Oh no only 2 new submissions.

giphy.gif

Does this mean Psychos.....

4b3a9f63cc745bad34510d9a6eb93c01.gif

I honestly thought most would be able to get together a handful.

Happy to see your two submissions @nerdist @hansreinhardt thank you for sharing

4a18acee-giphy-7.gif

Hopefully we get some more brave Psycho submissions in the next few days. And everyone don't stop playing when you got the award or can't complete one challenge, there is always the next one. I promise the next challenges are easier 😀.

face_the_psycho_challenge_now_spinning_particles_red.gif.743f7f17f134a37db77bf56ff27f989f.gif

• Like 9
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

giphy.gif

Oh no only 2 new submissions.

giphy.gif

Does this mean Psychos.....

4b3a9f63cc745bad34510d9a6eb93c01.gif

I honestly thought most would be able to get together a handful.

Happy to see your two submissions @nerdist @hansreinhardt thank you for sharing

4a18acee-giphy-7.gif

Hopefully we get some more brave Psycho submissions in the next few days. And everyone don't stop playing when you got the award or can't complete one challenge, there is always the next one. I promise the next challenges are easier 😀.

face_the_psycho_challenge_now_spinning_particles_red.gif.743f7f17f134a37db77bf56ff27f989f.gif

count the art of film books too? I have something like that

• Like 3

Thanks for the challenge @Reagh/Nadine.

Here are my submissions:

20230223_183842.thumb.jpg.091cf00cedcb1ba1797e55cf1be25d49.jpg

20230223_184735.thumb.jpg.4435f5567f4b24b695dce30d76e32d5b.jpg

20230223_184907.thumb.jpg.2c82726aabae3612860440224dcbede2.jpg

20230223_184100(1).thumb.jpg.0cb194aeca925faa61b0ab30a29ba559.jpg

My favourite film adaptation of a book would have to be for The Exorcist.

Aside from being incredibly faithful to the book in terms of the story and the characters; it absolutely nails the feel and tone of the novel.

From the unease felt during the prologue in Iraq to the sheer assault on the senses during the climactic exorcism.

It's all there in the book and it's all there on the screen.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, hal56 said:

I dont like this suggestion. It kinda defeats the purpose of collecting,

making pics of things I dont own/didnt buy....

It was more of a joke and also because the participation in this challenge until now was so low 😭. I'm getting desperate here 😩. I took that out of my post so nobody is offended 👌

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

It was more of a joke and also because the participation in this challenge until now was so low 😭. I'm getting desperate here 😩. I took that out of my post so nobody is offended 👌

Here's a couple more I was planning on posting to help make up the difference. 😅

20230223_184623.thumb.jpg.684a1a72eb50759004781094e3297c20.jpg

20230223_184255.thumb.jpg.1c5a0b49634605aa6b36fa5be2b29573.jpg

There's more where they came from. 😄

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Since the number of books I own can be counted on one hand (which I am not proud of), I all but gave up on doing this challenge.

But seeing that many others have also declared forfeit, I decided once again to go through the wife and child’s collections in an attempt to add another notch to my challenge belt.

Luckily, both ladies are avid readers so thanks to them I have what it takes to complete this challenge 😃

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - both novel and Blu-ray are my daughter’s.

The Little Drummer Girl - taken from wife’s library, steelbook is mine 😬

Into the Wild - both novel and Blu-ray are my wife’s.

American Psycho - both novel and Blu-ray are my wife’s.

Goodfellas (originally named Wiseguy: Life in a Mafia Family) - Nicholas Pileggi’s riveting recounting of his life as a low rank mobster in the Lucchese crime family was made into the greatest ever mob movie, so by and large it’s my favorite adaptation.

The conspicuous absence of the movie itself is explained by the fact that I’m still waiting for my Film Vault set to arrive (previous Blu-ray was discarded to make room for this behemoth).

image.thumb.jpeg.6e54462074e88b9bf6b84fe2ef65f564.jpeg

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, ethnosax said:

If you're going to allow The Secret History of Twin Peaks, then I don't know why Art Of books are out of bounds.

You have to ask @Reagh how he will justify that. Remember I wrote

On 2/20/2023 at 11:45 AM, extantsrevenge said:

Nice @Reagh my brother has the Twin Peaks book too, but can we count that as an adaptaion 😜

I actually only wanted to allow things that came first as a book, manga or comic, but to allow more participants @Reagh adjusted so that the other way around also works.

1 hour ago, ethnosax said:

What is the definition of "adaptation" for this challenge?

So I think for this challenge it would be like this:

An adaptation is the transfer of an original story to another medium from the original source material in part or as a whole.

The adaptation has to maintain the characteristics of a story. So for example it can't be a documentary about a book, or a book about the production of a movie.

26 minutes ago, Neil21Harris said:

I’ve got time, right?

im searching because only have 3, where I have book and movie. 

Yes, this challenge is running until the end of Sunday.

• Like 6

I forgot to mention that one of my favourite novels, which I still own, is Ray Bradbury’s Something Wicked This Way Comes.

I’ve always wanted to watch the 1983 film adaptation starring Jason Robards and Jonathan Pryce and this challenge has now reignited my interest in it.

Currently streaming the full movie on YT.

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Like 9