IGNORED

Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! NEW: CHALLENGE 38 IS NOW LIVE!

extantsrevenge

First of all: Sorry...

@Mrdugan

that I could'nt participate in the great Challenge You brought to us

(and there were so many astounding items shown by my fellow members!)

But even though I am a fanatic movie collector I was never keen on gathering accompanying Merchandise at all...

(well, and showing what you don't have is rather problematic ;))

But now let's go to the really inspiring

Challenge # 19

"Through the Decades - a Cinematic Journey"

My compliments to @lunazero for this Intriguing idea !

As @javi already mentioned so rightly, it was very hard to choose a movie that stands for it's decade, as there were so many great possibilities.

Therefore I selected examples which, for good reason, will always remain as epochal classics, great moments of cinema or simply outstanding works and which are able to make a deep emotional impression on the viewer in a timeless way, be it because of their visual or narrative perfection, the special content or simply their uniqueness.

OUT OF CHALLENGE

(but nevertheless important):

The 1920ies

I simply have to join @hal56 in this matter.

Friedrich Wilhelm Murnau's dark gothic dreamland masterpiece and the first and influential Horror captured on celluloid simply cannot be missing as a milestone in film history

- at least if you want to fully explore the path that cinema has trodden over the decades....

NOSFERATU

850727209_1NOSFERATU.thumb.png.67bbed1ef09b1c5a880eb1287a36f4a9.png

The 1930s

The cinematic significance of the following film by the old master Fritz Lang should not be underestimated.

Several scenes became milestones of the action and horror films of later years and decades.

Nazi propaganda minister Goebbels himself personally arranged for the film to be banned because, according to his statement, it proved "that a group of men determined to the utmost, if they only seriously want to, is quite capable of unhinging any state".

For this movie is directed above all against what constitutes the core of the fascist state - blind obedience.

Moreover, with this work Lang invented the genre of the crime film interwoven with elements of horror and mystery.

Thus Lang left it open whether the ghostly apparition of the deceased Dr. Mabuse is only the imagination of the psychiatrist who treated Mabuse before his death and who had fallen for his genius, or whether it is not in fact a threatening force from afterlife breaking into the world in order to establish the reign of terror even from the beyond...

DAS TESTAMENT DES DR. MABUSE

653877384_2DASTESTAMENTDESDR.MABUSE.thumb.png.633bfefb8834be38091c959ce1946b55.png

The 1940s

Stylistic innovations, terrific camerawork and acting, and one of the most famous words in film history ("Rosebud")

have rightly established this work as one of the best films of all time.

CITIZEN KANE

1176961529_3CITIZENKANE.thumb.png.b0da539e3ec41a54c24fedd5b9d50a97.png

The 1950s

I have already mentioned it a month ago, and I have to repeat it here.

Accompanied by the grandiose music of the Soundtrack Score Mastermind Miklós Rózsa, Director William Wyler, with playful ease of storytelling, opened an adventure spectacle infused with romantic mysticism and a deep commitment to humanity that is still unparalleled.

It may have gone out of fashion to believe in miracles in this world as they happen in this movie.

But this masterpiece inspires the desire to shape a world where the belief, that miracles can happen, is justified again.

BEN HUR

1427775606_4BENHUR.thumb.png.2283ff4863b09608cbfe91b84db758fd.png

The 1960s

Driven by an admirably high ethical attitude, the film advocated tolerance at a time when racism was far more pronounced in the United States than is today.

In his Oscar-winning role, Gregory Peck shines not only as a hero for public justice, but above all as a father whose love for his children is truly their home.

Finally, the film's narrative style makes it the masterpiece it is rightly considered to be, because it conveys the mysterious experience of the world from the child's point of view before the threshold to the world of adults is really crossed - the movie's quiet and warmhearted ending stays true to this lingering not only until the last moment but beyond - because it gives the viewer the feeling, that the value of this so precious period of our lives is able to live on in us...

TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD

865513129_5ToKillAMockingbird.thumb.png.aff9f385af365e93a5e8d8b12da25fce.png

The 1970s

This epic space opera not only became a pop culture phenomenon, it simply paved the way for Hollywood cinema as we know it today.

Or to put it even more clearly: Without this movie, the great cinema would probably not have found its way back to the big screen.

Thus, this film marked a new hope in the truest sense of the word...

STAR WARS

A New Hope

107988934_6STARWARSANewHope.thumb.png.551853c9e12f979a82288f127849e804.png

The 1980s

This iconic cyberpunk-action Masterpiece is rightly regarded as one of the best animation films in the history of cinema.

It became a worldwide cult influencing numerous works in animation, comics, film, music, television and video games.

It is highly energetic. It is a wild ride for sure. It's transcendental.

And over all it hails friendship that reaches far beyond the limitations of human existence... 

For me personally, it is one of the best films of all time.

AKIRA

1641716899_7AKIRAIVEWEASteelbook.thumb.png.96cd35d925c58ddfef5d038e52dcb8f2.png

The 1990s

Even though the movie was criticized by serious historians to be  a transgression because it is unacceptable to relativize the unspeakable horror of the Shoah through fiction

- not least because its is not shown through the eyes of a victim.

Nevertheless some survivors of the concentrations camps felt gratitude that the Holocaust story was finally being told in a major film that would be widely viewed.

And that is, what Spielberg achieved - that as many eyes as possible can be opened to the truth, that the most horrific imaginable actually happened.

That it happened to millions of irreplaceable, unique individuals.

And that this abyss of absolute barbarism - committed by the utmost "normal" people - is always possible at any time.

And that this must be prevented at all costs.

That is why this movie will remain.

SCHINDLER'S LIST

77494443_8SCHINDLERSLIST.thumb.png.55c8c388de4fd87bdefc4cf6690ef95a.png

The 2000s

This epic Landmark of Movie Magic and old fashioned story-telling is the crowning and triumphant climax to the Trilogy that can easily be praised as a Millenium work.

And one thing is certain: This Masterpiece bows to no one.

THE LORD OF THE RINGS

The Return Of The King

1338111004_9LOTRHDZetaSilverLabel.thumb.png.ec8fa8049ff92631cd1788f23cf9acd8.png

The 2010s

It's the most serious film in the DC Universe, with great cinematic craftsmanship and a fine soundtrack.

And it comes up with a vibrant and powerful acting performance that really deserved to be honored with an Oscar.

This brilliant Performance made it possible to make us understand, that no villain can be as terrible as the everyday cruelty of a world that worships superficiality

- but has long since rejected the value of the individual human being.

JOKER

1687674116_10JOKER(1).thumb.png.f79ed1b680d0d8668c9b5ffff0061d3b.png

I truly love the films of the 70s and the 80s

(Raiders of the Lost Ark was the first movie I bought as an official VHS)

Those movies had a sense of ease in story-telling that today's productions are often missing

Nevertheless, I did not remain attached to this time period and also enjoy the films that cinema is giving us now and in the years to come.

As always I hope that You enjoyed my contribution.

:)

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 1 Minute schrieb F.M.S:

@Mrdugan

But even though I am a fanatic movie collector I was never keen on gathering accompanying Merchandise at all...

Challenge # 19

As @javi already mentioned so rightly, it was very hard to choose a movie that stands for it's decade, as there were so many great possibilities.

Therefore I selected examples which, for good reason, will always remain as epochal classics, great moments of cinema or simply outstanding works and which are able to make a deep emotional impression on the viewer in a timeless way, be it because of their visual or narrative perfection, the special content or simply their uniqueness.

OUT OF CHALLENGE

The 1920ies

Friedrich Wilhelm Murnau's dark gothic dreamland masterpiece and the first and influential Horror captured on celluloid simply cannot be missing as a milestone in film history

- at least if you want to fully explore the path that cinema has trodden over the decades....

NOSFERATU

The 1930s

The cinematic significance of the following film by the old master Fritz Lang should not be underestimated.

Several scenes became milestones of the action and horror films of later years and decades.

Nazi propaganda minister Goebbels himself personally arranged for the film to be banned because, according to his statement, it proved "that a group of men determined to the utmost, if they only seriously want to, is quite capable of unhinging any state".

For this movie is directed above all against what constitutes the core of the fascist state - blind obedience.

Moreover, with this work Lang invented the genre of the crime film interwoven with elements of horror and mystery.

Thus Lang left it open whether the ghostly apparition of the deceased Dr. Mabuse is only the imagination of the psychiatrist who treated Mabuse before his death and who had fallen for his genius, or whether it is not in fact a threatening force from afterlife breaking into the world in order to establish the reign of terror even from the beyond...

653877384_2DASTESTAMENTDESDR.MABUSE.thumb.png.633bfefb8834be38091c959ce1946b55.png

The 1940s

Stylistic innovations, terrific camerawork and acting, and one of the most famous words in film history ("Rosebud")

CITIZEN KANE

The 1950s

Accompanied by the grandiose music of the Soundtrack Score Mastermind Miklós Rózsa, Director William Wyler, with playful ease of storytelling, opened an adventure spectacle infused with romantic mysticism and a deep commitment to humanity that is still unparalleled.

It may have gone out of fashion to believe in miracles in this world as they happen in this movie.

But this masterpiece inspires the desire to shape a world where the belief, that miracles can happen, is justified again.

BEN HUR

The 1960s

Driven by an admirably high ethical attitude, the film advocated tolerance at a time when racism was far more pronounced in the United States than is today.

In his Oscar-winning role, Gregory Peck shines not only as a hero for public justice, but above all as a father whose love for his children is truly their home.

Finally, the film's narrative style makes it the masterpiece it is rightly considered to be, because it conveys the mysterious experience of the world from the child's point of view before the threshold to the world of adults is really crossed - the movie's quiet and warmhearted ending stays true to this lingering not only until the last moment but beyond - because it gives the viewer the feeling, that the value of this so precious period of our lives is able to live on in us...

TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD

The 1970s

This epic space opera not only became a pop culture phenomenon, it simply paved the way for Hollywood cinema as we know it today.

Or to put it even more clearly: Without this movie, the great cinema would probably not have found its way back to the big screen.

STAR WARS

A New Hope

The 1980s

This iconic cyberpunk-action Masterpiece is rightly regarded as one of the best animation films in the history of cinema.

It became a worldwide cult influencing numerous works in animation, comics, film, music, television and video games.

And over all it hails friendship that reaches far beyond the limitations of human existence... 

AKIRA

The 1990s

Even though the movie was criticized by serious historians to be  a transgression because it is unacceptable to relativize the unspeakable horror of the Shoah through fiction

Nevertheless some survivors of the concentrations camps felt gratitude that the Holocaust story was finally being told in a major film that would be widely viewed.

And that is, what Spielberg achieved - that as many eyes as possible can be opened to the truth, that the most horrific imaginable actually happened.

And that this abyss of absolute barbarism - committed by the utmost "normal" people - is always possible at any time.

SCHINDLER'S LIST

The 2000s

This epic Landmark of Movie Magic and old fashioned story-telling is the crowning and triumphant climax to the Trilogy that can easily be praised as a Millenium work.

THE LORD OF THE RINGS

The Return Of The King

1338111004_9LOTRHDZetaSilverLabel.thumb.png.ec8fa8049ff92631cd1788f23cf9acd8.png

The 2010s

It's the most serious film in the DC Universe, with great cinematic craftsmanship and a fine soundtrack.

And it comes up with a vibrant and powerful acting performance that really deserved to be honored with an Oscar.

This brilliant Performance made it possible to make us understand, that no villain can be as terrible as the everyday cruelty of a world that worships superficiality

JOKER

Those movies had a sense of ease in story-telling that today's productions are often missing

Nevertheless, I did not remain attached to this time period and also enjoy the films that cinema is giving us now and in the years to come.

What a great selection and I love your photography

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, F.M.S said:

@Mrdugan

Challenge # 19

OUT OF CHALLENGE

The 1920ies

NOSFERATU

The 1930s

The 1940s

CITIZEN KANE

The 1950s

BEN HUR

The 1960s

TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD

The 1970s

STAR WARS

A New Hope

The 1980s

AKIRA

The 1990s

SCHINDLER'S LIST

The 2000s

THE LORD OF THE RINGS

The Return Of The King

The 2010s

JOKER

@F.M.S 👏

bow down black and white GIF by Maudit 

58B36072-8EF3-4F9B-8A9C-96EFE4F5C3E4.gif.803e9884591a2a68eea4c5d4060c43e4.gif

Edited by Veum
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★

CHALLENGE 20 :

Movies i would like to have a Blu-ray or 4K release :

- Dead Man’s Curve : a Blu-ray release would be amazing to complete my teen movie collection 😅

- Panic Room : still no sign of a Blu-ray or 4K release even if it has been announced for a long time 😤

- Gravity : a 4K release would be awesome

- Prisoners : not seen it for a while but I would appreciate an upgrade to watch it again 

- My Name Is Nobody : a new French release or 4K upgrade would be great since the Steelbook is so bad and the disc potentially defect 😤

C47563A2-E72C-4044-80F7-F3A03626F040.thumb.jpeg.c066628eac1eaf7d0ce8f24efcc7b9fc.jpeg

More titles would be highly appreciate but don’t own them in any support : Oxygen, Hotel Rwanda…

Movies I would like to have a Steelbook :

- Royal Affair : I really like Mads Mikkelsen performance in all the movies, one of my favorite actor 🙂

- My Cousin Vinny

- Maverick

- Miss Sloane

- Flesh + Blood

- A Long Way Home

- The Crimson Rivers

DF37DBB3-04B1-4671-8B7A-00E31822AA62.thumb.jpeg.5030ee8325558892bdd1b84007781d8e.jpeg

I would be happy to get them in a 4K release too 😊

• Like 21

• ★ Administrators ★
Just now, R1s1ngs0n said:

@cypheria078

Besides the red blu-ray banner and french title, that My Name Is Nobody steel looks pretty decent, artwise.

The front artwork is great but all the infos are printed on the Steelbook and what about the inside artwork 🙄

2380888A-6CBF-4FF1-8D57-D2A33E69DF7F.thumb.jpeg.9dbfed595f398d99c6ddc4e29dfd9b8a.jpeg

• Like 8

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, raylight said:

@extantsrevenge Nils, thank you for this new challenge. Question: I mainly buy german Blu-rays. What about movies who have not been published in our country but somewhere else ? example "Taking Lives" with Angelina Jolie. There's only an english Blu-ray but german version has not been published until now. Do they count also ?

Yes you could use such a title. I made my picture and then after I done it I realized some had already so called BD release, but they really deserve better, so I absolutely wanted to show them. I don't know if the Taking Lives BD is any good, but if you want one with German, then include it in your picture.

For example the Macross Japan Blu-ray is surely looking great, but it has no use for me without subltitles, which is kinda depressig, since I watch Anime in Japanese for 25+ years now 😅

• Like 7

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, raylight said:

@extantsrevenge Nils, thank you for this new challenge. Question: I mainly buy german Blu-rays. What about movies who have not been published in our country but somewhere else ? example "Taking Lives" with Angelina Jolie. There's only an english Blu-ray but german version has not been published until now. Do they count also ?

Taking Lives is in my Blu-ray wishlist for a while 🙂

• Like 4

CHALLENGE 20

Thanks, @extantsrevenge! Pretty hilarious challenge for a community that probably hasn't purchased a DVD in the past ten years. As for me, most of my DVDs went into binders years ago, so you'll have to be content with discs for this one.

IMG_2314.thumb.jpg.ff799c0bf8dc7d1295a7e88742f57a7c.jpg

1. Titan A.E. Not the first time I've mentioned this one, but really—it's time for this to be on blu-ray and 4K and housed in a premium steelbook edition.

2. The Village. The HD version exists, so why not at least a blu-ray release, with a Zavvi steel to match the other early Shyamalans? (For some reason, I didn't realize that Lady in the Water has a blu-ray, so I mistakenly included it in this photo. It does need a steelbook, though, so it goes with Part 2 of this challenge.)

3. Never Cry Wolf. I have no idea why Disney seems to have disavowed all knowledge of this film. Beautiful cinematography, great performances, 80s synth score, and an environmental message that would land even better today than it did in 1983. At least they could remaster it and put it on Disney+, but no. Nowhere to be found these days.

4. Lagaan. One of the greatest and most successful Bollywood films...and nothing but a DVD. I hope someone with the ability to do a 4K remaster will get the rights to this one someday.

5. King Lear. My favorite version of Lear—black and white, Russian, absolutely gorgeous. I think even the DVD is now out of print, so it would be great for Criterion or Kino to grab this one.

Some of the movies I'd gladly re-buy for a good steelbook (also, six movies that I'm sure have never appeared in the same list together):

IMG_2315.thumb.jpg.f3f0b644643000cd08cd72be7a03dc75.jpg

1. Citizen Kane. Lots of good blu-ray and 4K options, but we're still lacking a steelbook.

2. Babette's Feast. I think of this movie often, and it holds up perfectly. It should have an artistic, beautiful steelbook.

3. Rebecca. This one represents all the Hitchcock classics that haven't yet received a steelbook. There are a lot, and I'd take them all.

4. A Christmas Carol. My favorite adaptation of this story. I'd like to add this to the Christmas movie steelbook shelf.

5. Pee-wee's Big Adventure. Still my favorite Tim Burton. If even Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, which I think I'm the only fan of, has an HDZeta premium, what about this one?

6. Napoleon Dynamite. Its classic status is now thoroughly assured. Let's have a steelbook premium edition!

• Like 20

Challenge 20.

These are a few I want a proper Blu-ray/ 4K release for 

E8EF176D-F301-44F0-83CB-52826BB95FAD.thumb.jpeg.69bf6a98dfdfd93e0423f61e6f7a6ad1.jpeg

out of those DVD’s the 5 I would want the most would be

1. Safe Men. This one is a under appreciated comedic gem. I watch it often.

2. The 25th Hour. A masterful film from Spike Lee. 
3. Loaded weapon 1. Because it’s freaking awesome.

4. The whole ten yards. Part one is on Blu-ray, why not 2? 
5. Don’t come knocking. Every Wim Wenders film deserves the best treatment.

These are a few I would like a steelbook release & to receive a 4K treatment.

Obviously I could just list every Lynch movie but I’ll dig a little deeper.

B3685010-0CAD-4C74-985E-243297F79261.thumb.jpeg.6b792886b4e7f2e48dd4299248fe804d.jpeg

For these listed below, my first choice of retailer would be Plain Archive 

1. Eyes Wide Shut (needs 4K & Steelbook) 

2. Licorice Pizza (needs 4K & Steelbook) 

3. Inherent Vice (needs 4K & Steelbook) 

4. Magnolia (needs 4K & Steelbook) 

5. Hard Eight (needs 4K & Steelbook) 

For just 4K upgrades I would want these to be released by WCL 

1. Rosemary’s Baby WCL

2. Barry Lyndon WCL

3. Punch Drunk Love WCL

4. Blood Simple WCL

5. My Cousin Vinny WCL 

*** My Dream WCL Release would be ERASERHEAD though. I believe no other retailer would be more suited for such a important piece of film history ***

@ksosk for your consideration 👆

I would hope for a Broad Nation release for Twister, Lake Placid & Speed Racer.

• Like 22

Challenge 20:

Thanks @extantsrevenge for this pretty difficult challenge.  Part 1 I had no chance with the original challenge as have absolutely no dvds that haven't been released on Bluray.

Alternative for Part 1: Blurays not yet released on 4k.

1. Fight Club, 2. Blades of Glory, 3. Ben Hur, 4. Dumb and Dumber, 5. Ferris Bueller's Day Off

-Just strange that Ben Hur is not yet 4K and Fight Club, as well.  Seeing a trend with lack of 4K and steelbooks for comedies.  Also I could have just shown all the Bonds besides Daniel Craig ones for this part of the challenge. 😔

20230205_122420.thumb.jpg.eee4138a0d09339b11bf561f321c9c89.jpg

Part 2: Movies without steelbooks:

1. Grumpy Old Men, 2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2, 3. National Lampoon's Vacation, 4. Blazing Saddles, 5. Caddyshack, 6. National Lampoon's European Vacation, 7. Never Say Never Again.

-Once again mostly comedies.  Never Say Never Again technically is only Bond movie without a steelbook, but nonEon entry so never know if we will ever get a steelbook for it.

20230205_122254.thumb.jpg.58a9f9266a08d333be1cb2e46d832302.jpg

• Like 18

Thank you @lunazero for the week 19 challenge. Here is my submission

1920s - Haxan

1930s - Love and Duty

1940s - I have no physical media for any 1940s movie!?!

1950 - Apu Trilogy

1960s - Big Time Gambling Boss

1970s - The Brood

1980s - Girlfriend from Hell

1990s - Jack be Nimble

2000s - Mulholland Drive

2010s - Hateful 8

2020s - Tar

I chose each for the same reason, they are my most recent pick ups in each decade!

1980s would be my most favorite decade, so many great action movies that I grew up with. No ANH but at least got ESB and ROTJ! I probably started collecting VHS movies in the 90s when they finally became affordable.

48114DB8-0208-4184-8A3C-F398E9F1C5DA.thumb.jpeg.f709b31850aaff636bad47f6b77c000c.jpeg

• Like 20

6 minutes ago, Mrdugan said:

Thank you @lunazero for the week 19 challenge. Here is my submission

1920s - Haxan

1930s - Love and Duty

1940s - I have no physical media for any 1940s movie!?!

1950 - Apu Trilogy

1960s - Big Time Gambling Boss

1970s - The Brood

1980s - Girlfriend from Hell

1990s - Jack be Nimble

2000s - Mulholland Drive

2010s - Hateful 8

2020s - Tar

I chose each for the same reason, they are my most recent pick ups in each decade!

1980s would be my most favorite decade, so many great action movies that I grew up with. No ANH but at least got ESB and ROTJ! I probably started collecting VHS movies in the 90s when they finally became affordable.

48114DB8-0208-4184-8A3C-F398E9F1C5DA.thumb.jpeg.f709b31850aaff636bad47f6b77c000c.jpeg

@Reagh only gave you a “like” because of Mulholland Dr (fixated 😅)! 😂 😆 😛 

Spider Man Lol GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks @extantsrevenge for a challenging entry! I tried my best to abide by the rules…I think I’m not missing any Blu-ray or steelbook releases though there may be a foreign Blu-ray release here and there.

Part 1: these are the movies that I most want an upgraded version of. Dogma has a rare Blu-ray release that needs a 4K upgrade. I think Pi has a foreign Blu-ray release but I don’t know about the transfer. The Killer and Hardboiled have Blu-ray releases but they are just from the dvds and not remastered. Gleaming the Cube and Krush Groove definitely have no Blu-ray release.

DB61C196-67D4-4BC1-9E68-134307316850.thumb.jpeg.5f84f204415569b23883ac240b20da5c.jpeg

Part 2: I have a lot of discs that I honestly wouldn’t double dip on for a steelbook release. There are plenty of criterion, vinegar syndrome, arrow releases etc that I could’ve used but in all honesty probably wouldn’t double dip with a steelbook on. So here are a couple movies that neither have a steelbook release or a premium release that I would upgrade…I’ll probably just pick up Tropic Thunder 4K in the future. Castle of Cagliostro I probably won’t upgrade to the standard Blu-ray that came out but would love a steelbook for to go with other Ghibli/Miyazaki steels. Dark City, The Cell, and The Rundown are all movies that I love and wish I had a premium or steelbook version of. Would really like to see The Cell in 4K as well!

F9F691C9-7EFE-4BEF-B188-EFEE68D2B14C.thumb.jpeg.9d1cc27f9f6625aaceb256a8686db168.jpeg

• Like 19

Media Psychos Psycho Challenge #19 “ Through the Decades“…

Eyes down for the 4th challenge of 2023 .. thanks to @lunazero for this one …I’ve decided to include movies from 1971-2011 … 

1. 1971 The French Connection 
  2. 1981 Escape From New York 
  3. 1991 Backdraft
  4. 2001 Tomb Raider 
  5. 2011 The Grey 

7AAE141B-EE19-491F-BDC6-D7C713B8F52B.thumb.jpeg.03227193b8e7f85ed7092e5ea427203a.jpeg

Best decade for movies for me the 80’s 

Edited by ukade2327
  • Like 19

I have come to a conclusion the threat as a people we face is  to END US AS A PEOPLE IS NOT ALIEN

ZOMBIE OR WHATEVER.  IT IS FLAT PACK FURNITURE,  YES YOU READ THAT RIGHT .

IF IT EVER GETS A COLLECTIVE HIVE MIND WE HAVE HAD IT kerry washington scandal GIF by HULU

What I have tried to do is find a film from each Decade I have  been on the planet that best sums up that decade 

So here we go

20230205_151952.thumb.jpg.8cd441acb8a421bd5078e15653f8179d.jpg

The Omen 70's

This is the 1st ever Horror movie I saw and my oh my what am impression it made .

Even now when viewed it gives an absolute thrill of terror and it has aged really really well,

Wish the same could be said for me .

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension 80's

Now the dilemma I had with this Decade was MOOSIVE  SO MANY ICONIC MOVIES TO CHOISE FROM.

In the end it came down to this one all star cast bat stop using inappropriate language plot big hair , big shoulder pads ,

Neon , Harley Davison , Denim , 3D glasses and Bubble Wrap what a way to encapsulate a decade. 

SE7EN 90's

This to me is when the Darkness  started to begin creeping into more mainstream movies . Giving a glimpse into

The world of a Serial killer who you can agree with what he is saying.  Again an all star cast with a kick ass soundtrack 

This movie needs yo be seen to be  beholden. 

Kinky Boots 2000's

Recession again causing havoc in the world change the product and the audience or make staff and friends redundant. 

Based on a true story I can not push enough how fantastic this film is .

Zero Dark Thirty 2010's

This is a stand out steelbook the wight is insane as is the lenti . Now as for the film

From the start it holds the viewers attention.  The fact that the events sent a

Shock wave around the world firstly on 9.11 and then when the architect of the events was confirmed 

dead is a stand out moment and movie .

• Like 18