IGNORED

What did you watch last night???

Basil

On 7/14/2020 at 4:41 AM, Pbsw23 said:

This is like our Sunday prime time television in the UK, and mostly watched by housewives Mike 😂👍🏼 That’s not a dig, it’s just something of a national treasure for us English. 😁

This is is the Last thing I expected a Psycho to be posting, but love that you have! Enjoy buddy. 

🥤Yeah @Pbsw23 I love 💕my Midsomer Murders (just joined several facebook appreciation threads hey!) & quite a lot of English crime dramas that I own,

& those “so-called” housewives shows haha 🤣 

I DO ENJOY sonny  & I LOVE your English cottages, countryside ❤️ 

I so long to visit there... especially watching these type of movies, I can dream can’t I 😇

F8B752B2-8552-4A53-B4F8-0EFE93840463.thumb.jpeg.7fd91fb2c6d9874acc85a44483c1d15d.jpeg

• Like 3

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

🥤🤠📺 🎬😇😷

Absentia Season 1 Prime Original

🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

Centers on an FBI agent who disappears without a trace while hunting a serial killer.

S1 - Ep1 - After years of assuming FBI Agent Emily Byrne was a possible victim of serial killer Conrad Harlow, she is miraculously returned to her family. Emily, however, has to struggle with the mysteries of ...

S1 - Ep2 - Emily’s alleged serial killer, Conrad Harlow, is being released from jai, and Emily has not come close to solving the mystery of her kidnapping and time in captivity, As Emily struggles to return to ...

S1 - Ep3 - When the testifying witness against Emily is murdered, all signs suggest that the murder was committed by Emily. While Tommy Gibbs and the Boston Police Chief are accusing Emily, she ...

image.jpeg.b005bccf9104810ef4ecbe0931fd15df.jpeg

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

🥤🤠📺 🎬😇😷

Absentia Season 1 Prime Original

🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

Centers on an FBI agent who disappears without a trace while hunting a serial killer.

S1 - Ep4 - The evidence against Emily is too much for the FBI and Boston PD to ignore, so they ask her to turn herself in. In the midst of chaos, old feelings come to the surface between Nick ...

S1 - Ep5 - The hunt for Emily intensifies when one of the FBI’s own agents is found murdered, leading Nick to question everything about Emily and her return.

S1 - Ep6 - After narrowly escaping from the authorities, Emily returns to Boston to find that the only person who can help her may be the one seeking to destroy her.

S1 - Ep7 - Armed with new information surrounding her abduction, Emily’s investigation leads to her childhood - while Nick faces another tragedy.

• Like 2

🥤🤠📺 🎬😇😷

image.jpeg.b97d5159233edf350ecbf02560a5a5cf.jpeg

Dark Shadows 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

Episodes

303. Burke discovers that there are no records of Barnabas or his cousin in London. Burke insists to Vicki that he is not jealous of Barnabas.
304. Growing further suspicious of Barnabas, Burke asks Vicki to stay away from the Old House and Barnabas.
305. Sarah shows David the mausoleum secret room.
306. Hearing her flute in the cemetary, Barnabas begs Sarah to come with him, but she won't appear.

307. Vicki warns Burke she will call off their marriage if he continues his investigation of Barnabas.

308. Maggie finds Sarah's doll in her bedroom.
309. Barnabas fears that Sarah has come back to expose him.

310. When Barnabas and Willie search the cemetary for Sarah, David hides inside the coffin in the mausoleum secret room.

D6B01D25-81C9-4D52-BFEE-548C83F3FDDB.thumb.jpeg.a469f27a1f766a7a5978fa0d566ec94d.jpeg

This Week's Vampire Poem...

not quite about a vampire but certainly echoes Dark Shadows which is fitting..

There is a house that I know I have never seen,

Yet there are times when I remember-

Having gazed from its small-paned windows-- wide,

On a sea summer-green and a fierce, wild tide,

Climbing stern, grey crags in November. 📷 📷

There is a portrait, age-umbered, that I loved on its walls;

Like a breath on a darkening ember,

There breathes on me the echoing theme

Of soft footfalls, dark floors that gleam;

And voices, almost familiar, that seem

To be calling me back from some lingering dream,

"Remember . . . Remember . . . Remember?"

by Carolyn Bauman, 1966

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

🥤🤠📺 🎬😇😷

SEASON 21, EPISODE 3 

The Sting of Death (2019) 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

The Deddington's booming bee domain has made Granville Norton an important place. Some people wonder what sort of things they might do to make sure they never lose first place in the bee business.

SEASON 21, EPISODE 4

With Baited Breath (2019) 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

Fishers go to Solomon Gorge to try to catch a giant fish that might live in the lake. Their plans could be ruined when lots of other people show up for the Pyscho Mud Run.

image.jpeg.9bbc0bfa171010dd352fcd032cbf766f.jpeg

• Like 2

🥤🤠📺 🎬😇😷

Banking District 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

Thriller about power struggles, intrigue and secrets in a 300-year-old family-run Swiss bank.

S1 Ep1 - When the director of a private Swiss bank falls into a suspicious coma, his sister is thrust into the hot seat.

S1 Ep2 - With Swiss banking secrecy under attack, Elisabeth suspects foul play in her brother’s collapse.

S1 Ep3 - Elisabeth learns that Paul was planning an elaborate escape.    

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★

I watched Hellboy (2019) the other night in 4K.

Why is everyone so negative about this film ? I thought it was great. I'm a big fan of the originals, and this is a positive "reboot" of the character.

Hopefully they will ignore the critics and go on with this new franchise. It certainly seemed to suggest they would at the end credits.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

🥤🤠📺 🎬😇😷

Banking District 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

Thriller about power struggles, intrigue and secrets in a 300-year-old family-run Swiss bank.

S1 Ep4 - Elisabeth uncovers a huge money laundering operation in the bank.

S1 Ep5 - As Elisabeth gets closer to the truth, a new revelation surprises everyone. 

S1 Ep6  -  Elisabeth finally learn’s her family’s secrets.

The Fanatic 🎬🎬

ALL HE WANTED WAS AN AUTOGRAPH.

A rabid fan stalks his favorite action hero and destroy’s the star’s life.

Dark Shadows episodes 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬❣️🧛‍♂️

image.jpeg.8d24dd784ab4a5efdf3e36400e8bea66.jpeg

311. David becomes trapped inside the mausoleum secret room.
 312. Barnabas learns that Sarah has appeard to David.
 313. Roger and Joe search the cemetary for David.

314. Willie warns Julia that Barnabas may kill David since Sarah may have told David about Barnabas.

315. Sarah shows David how to escape from the secret room. When he rushes out he runs into Barnabas' waiting arms.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

Im with you, @DodgyDave! Big fan of Hellboy, big fan of del Toro's unfinished trilogy, big fan of Ron Perlman(obviously!), not particulary big fan of David Harbour, and I really enjoyed the movie. Likewise, I hope for some continuity.

First I was upset with the idea of someone playing the role other than Ron. Then I realised I was happy just with the prospect of having the half-demon back on screen. And ultimately I wasnt disappointed, despite (or perhaps thanks to) the negative reviews. 

Sure, we are missing that great (almost driven) chemistry with Liz and some other elements which made the first movie truly amazing. But I think the reboot does a bunch of good things as well, and more importantly: things that ad to the character/universe of Hellboy, rather than paying to much attention to previous work and becoming a mere, soul-less, tribute (cough, J.J Abrams!, cough). For example, that dichotomy inherent to his half-breed nature is explored further.

Then we have Ian McShane. I discovered him at AHS:asylum and had a blast! That man has a presence difficult to describe (and match) on screen. 

And we have Baba yaga!

2022209161_tenor(22).gif.58062872ce6c3949399ed0a997e081ec.gif

No, not that one...

And of course we have Milla! 😋

• Like 2

Awards

4 hours ago, Intentcoin said:

Guess I gotta go watch the rest of Tarantino's movies 😅

wait,what!!! you havent watch the rest of...

ohhh, no. not this time.

566594459_200(5).gif.398129d5807da012df75896131a760fc.gif

I remember you, I wont fall for that again...

Tarantino you said?

439158586_tenor(51).gif.4ce193a04d85ae5a98ff81a3b7245a50.gif

876340800_tenor(52).gif.b739dfb27edc785a9726e64e2bb1efb8.gif

Probably not worth your time. 

392965637_giphy(63).gif.84c71edc89688a89df6e68f1ef2fca2e.gif

But there is this guy with a DeLorean....

Awards

45 minutes ago, Mad-martigan said:

wait,what!!! you havent watch the rest of...

ohhh, no. not this time.

566594459_200(5).gif.398129d5807da012df75896131a760fc.gif

I remember you, I wont fall for that again...

Tarantino you said?

439158586_tenor(51).gif.4ce193a04d85ae5a98ff81a3b7245a50.gif

876340800_tenor(52).gif.b739dfb27edc785a9726e64e2bb1efb8.gif

Probably not worth your time. 

392965637_giphy(63).gif.84c71edc89688a89df6e68f1ef2fca2e.gif

But there is this guy with a DeLorean....

😂 the first one I saw was pulp fiction and I remember thinking "it's good... but if this is supposed to be Tarantino's best work, I'm in no rush to watch the rest"

I don't know what the general consensus is but I think Django was way better the pulp fiction. 

28 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

I saw was pulp fiction and I remember thinking "it's good... but if this is supposed to be Tarantino's best work, I'm in no rush to watch the rest"

It's his best work (at least for me) but in order to fully understand what it really meant you have to put it (and even better, watch it) in context. If you didnt watch it when it first came out you would be missing that piece of the puzzle. Its not only the focus on masterfully written dialogues, or the sound track (wow), but the story telling and other transgressing elements at that time. If you watch it after Memento, or other more recent movies with similar elements, then It wont have the same impact. Also if you grow up embedded in a pop-culture full of Pulp references then you are at risk of getting desensitized by the time of first viewing. 

it wasnt his first movie but is such a big step forward in almost every departament after Reservoir Dogs that almost feels like it was, and definitely is his first master piece.

• Like 2

Awards

1 hour ago, Intentcoin said:

don't know what the general consensus is but I think Django was way better the pulp fiction. 

Probably the only consensus you are going to get about Tarantino is that is rather singular character/director and a heck of a script writer. 

About his movies, it all boils down to personal taste and preferences. Do you like noir crime films, katanas, westerns...

My personal ranking, as a director/writer, is Pulp, reservoir dogs, django, hatetful 8, kill bill, Inglorious basterds, Jackie Brown, death proof, and I havent watch yet Once upon a time (waiting for Manta's). 

If we consider movies as a writer only, then True Romance is up there in the top 3. 

• Like 1

Awards

While you folk are discussing Tarantino, I'll use it as an opportunity to plug an awesome flik that gets very little recognition;

Four Rooms: (1995)

Miramax

4 Directors (QT is one)

This is an incredibly delightful dark comedy starring Tim Roth as a Bellhop at a prestigious Hotel.

Overarching theme, is his responses to queries from 4 different hotel room's guests.

Each director, directed one of the "rooms" sequences.

QT did the fourth.

I really enjoy good comedy, especially when it is black sarcastic comedy at the expense of fools.

This is in my top 5.

Sadly the Korean Lmtd ed sold by Kimchi & Nova is sold out long ago but even an amaray copy is gold.

(Check your country's Amazon).

Four Rooms Poster

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Intentcoin said:

I'm about to watch the hateful 8. Netflix has the regular and theatrical, which should I watch?

@Mad-martigan

if you are about to watch the h8ful 8 go for the extended as the director intended you to see is about 30mins longer and explains a few more bits, it was cut for theatrical to fit a time frame for bums on seats, which is never good.👍

basil :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

🥤🤠📺 🎬😇😷

Eliminators (2016) 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬 Directed by James Nunn

A FORMER AGENT. A LETHAL ASSASSIN. GAME ON.

A former US Federal Agent must abandon the witness protection program and come out of hiding when his London home is invaded in error due to a wrong address. When the event ends with multiple homicides, the news triggers those hunting him to send Europe’s most dangerous assassin to kill him. Now on the run with his daughters life in jeopardy, a determined father must get her to safety before the people he’s been hiding from tracks him down.

image.jpeg.449c1b031de9cf736cb414a01a15e826.jpeg

Accident Man (2018) 🎬🎬🎬🎬 Directed by Jesse V. Johnson

ACCIDENTS HAPPEN HE CAN GUARANTEE IT.

Mike Fallon, the Accident Man, is a stone cold killer. When a loved one is murdered by his own crew, Fallon is forced to avenge the one person who actually meant something to him.

image.jpeg.660c6742f69c570e1b9e505fee556a21.jpeg

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

@Grendel

"Its f***ing cristal, everything else taste like piss!"

And the pinky bet, one of the scenes with more tension in the history of cinema 😄

I love how refreshing is watching Tim Roth in such "out of character" role for him, is hilarious! and Banderas too. 

Definitely, Four rooms deserves an honorable mention in any Tarantino discussion. 

I have the spanish amaray and tempted to hunt down the german mediabook from last year. 

• Like 2

Awards

🥤🤠📺 🎬😇😷

Dark Shadows (1966 - 1971) 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬

312. Barnabas learns that Sarah has appeard to David.
 313. Roger and Joe search the cemetary for David.

image.jpeg.b771b04239fa230bcaa2ed83d62eda62.jpeg

The Phantom of the Opera  (1998)  🎬🎬🎬Directed by Dario Argento

Gory remake of the Gaston Leroux classic story, only this time, the phantom is not disfigured, but a man who was raised by rats under the Paris Opera House.

image.jpeg.d6bd79ccb21a56e20b1e6512479089ca.jpeg

under the Paris Opera H

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2