IGNORED

What did you watch last night???

Basil

4 hours ago, AndroiDad75 said:

My son and I loved it as well, but then again we're kind of monsterverse junkies...

A Kong in hollow earth would be awesome.

@RAK, think they'll keep the franchise going or do you think this was the end of the monserverse universe?

Part of an article I found.

In April 2021, Legendary's CEO Josh Grode commented on potential sequels, "we have a number of ideas for more movies."[93] That same month, the hashtag #ContinueTheMonsterverse began trending on Twitter, which garnered support from Jordan Vogt-Roberts (director of Kong: Skull Island) and was acknowledged by Legendary.

• Like 2

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

🥤🍿📺  🎬🎬1/2

Amazon Prime

La Marque des anges - Miserere

Paris, December. A conductor of a choir is found mysteriously murdered, with burst eardrums. Lionel Kasdan, a retired police inspector, and Frank Salek, an official of Interpol, embark on a hunt for the killer, and also to a secret organization specializing in kidnapping children.

• Like 3

I had to leave work with a scratched cornea. Doc told me to stay home and stay in a dark room so I did a double header tonight: 2 Fast 2 Furious (three friends are encouraging me to watch them all) and it was a lot more enjoyable and well made than I expected. John Singleton RIP!

and then continued my Wong Kar-Wai run with The Grandmaster. Went with that cause of the trailer release for Shang Chi, so I wanted to go with a martial arts movie that also starred Tony Leung. That made it easy 😉 Just like my last two Wong films, I was left 🥺 by the end. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Christopher said:

I had to leave work with a scratched cornea. Doc told me to stay home and stay in a dark room so I did a double header tonight: 2 Fast 2 Furious (three friends are encouraging me to watch them all) and it was a lot more enjoyable and well made than I expected. John Singleton RIP!

and then continued my Wong Kar-Wai run with The Grandmaster. Went with that cause of the trailer release for Shang Chi, so I wanted to go with a martial arts movie that also starred Tony Leung. That made it easy 😉 Just like my last two Wong films, I was left 🥺 by the end. 

🥤Hey @Christopher, I hope it is nothing serious w/ your scratched cornea. 😞 

Take care my friend and I can recommend a host of spooky watching for you while you stay in a dark room! :)

image.thumb.jpeg.6002495cd09cf15e699c99a5c0dc202a.jpeg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Veum said:

🥤Hey @Christopher, I hope it is nothing serious w/ your scratched cornea. 😞 

Take care my friend and I can recommend a host of spooky watching for you while you stay in a dark room! :)

image.thumb.jpeg.6002495cd09cf15e699c99a5c0dc202a.jpeg

Feels a lot better today. Just sore and sensitive to light. But yesssss spooky recommendations! Thanks for your concern, buddy. 

• Like 1

🥤🍿📺 

Amazon Prime

The Cliff Season 1 episodes 1 & 2

The Cliff is a dramatic mystery about a Crime Detective who is sent to a small community in Iceland to help a local policewoman investigate a suspicious accident. Together they unravel a mystery that involves bizarre accidents and unexplained deaths.

The Cliff

• Like 2

🥤🍿📺 

Amazon Prime

I, Anna

I, Anna

A noir thriller told from the point of view of a femme fatale, who falls for the detective in charge of a murder case.

Murderland

Murderland

When Carrie was a child, her mother was brutally murdered by an unknown serial killer. Today, Carrie is determined to uncover the truth of her mom’s death, as she gets closer to the detective tracking the killer.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

Took a short trip down memory lane by watching Class Action Park. It's a documentary about an amusement park that was primarily open in the 80s/90s in New Jersey. I only went 2-3 times, but those memories are quite vivid and this documentary helped me remember why that's the case. I was too young to fully grasp the dangerous nature of the park - all I really remember is having fun.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good evening @AndroiDad75🙂

I would be quite interested to hear your thoughts on "Stowaway".

I'm a keen fan of sci-fi that deals with predictive and realistic space travel, so I'd enjoy this if it was a good flik.

Cheers Buddy.

Oh, @GuyIncognit0. I'm very pleased to hear you had an opportunity to wax nostalgic my friend.

Those opportunities are rare and treasured.

Well done!  🥳

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5586061.jpg

I saw it in the cinema without knowing that shortly after it would win the Oscar for "Best International Film".

Thomas Vinterbeg seems like a great director to me since I saw the magnificient and powerful "The Celebration," and "The Hunt" is also a great movie.

"Another round" is an entertaining film and at the same time dramatic; funny and at the same time thoughtful. In my opinion it contains two reflections: one that everyone talks about, about alcohol consumption and its deep effects on daily life; but also another reflection on maturity, on the tension between a family life and the strength of a life of fun; between the present -in characters over forty- and a past going at night partying and being -maybe- happier than they feel they are now.

Look back and notice what we have changed over the years; get to miss something for a moment, and reflect on the present, and how far our lives have come from day to day.

I liked it. It's a good movie.

And by the way, Mads Mikkelsen is now officially one of the best actors today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Christopher said:

Just finished Brighter Summer Day :/ and now I just feel wrecked. I was moved from start to finish, though it took a couple days with that four hour run time. Might snag the Nova edition of it but I just need to stop crying first. 

I think I know the answer, but tragedies about teenagers or kids just always mess me up so much more. Perhaps just the loss of innocence I suppose. 

• Like 1

🥤🍿📺 🎬

Amazon Prime

Tom Clancy's Without Remorse

An elite Navy SEAL uncovers an international conspiracy while seeking justice for the murder of his pregnant wife.

image.jpeg.37e45edbc6400757577facfb2f2a78a0.jpeg

The hunt is on as a detective races against time to stay one step ahead of an arrested serial killer masterminding deadly attacks from behind bars. 

Edited by Veum
  • Like 4

We actually had a slow night last night so we watched:

Netflix

syncrhronic.jpg.2fe3f02a0b1b47d1fb03ec03c70413ae.jpg

Synchronic

When New Orleans paramedics and longtime best friends Steve and Dennis are called to a series of bizarre and gruesome accidents, they chalk it up to a mysterious new drug found at the scene.  But after Dennis' older daughter disappears, Steve stumbles upon a terrifying truth about the supposed psychedelic that will challenge everything he knows about reality - and the flow of time itself.

Amazon Prime

WithoutRemorse.jpg.56bd64b71dedfb2ca93c2850eb1ae60e.jpg

Tom Clancy's Without Remorse

An elite Navy SEAL uncovers an international conspiracy while seeking justice for the murder of his pregnant wife in Tom Clancy's Without Remorse, the explosive origin story of action her John Clark - one of the most popular character in author Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan universe.  When a squad of Russian soldiers kills his family in retaliation for his role in a top-secret op, Sr. Chief John Kelly (Michael B. Jordan) pursues the assassins at all cost.

Thanks for looking!

AndroiDad75🤖

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

🥤🍿📺 🎬🤠:)

AMZ Prime Video

image.jpeg.cec6931390f2171f94812f9b5c720d55.jpeg

Sam is a pretty college sophomore, so desperate to earn some cash for a deposit on an 
apartment that she accepts a babysitting job even after she finds out there is no baby. Mr. and 
Mrs. Ulman are the older couple who lure Sam out to their creeky Victorian mansion deep in 
the woods, just in time for a total lunar eclipse. Megan is Sam's best friend, who gives her a 
ride out to the house, and reluctantly leaves her there despite suspecting that something is 
amiss. Victor at first seems like just a creepy guy lurking around the house, but quickly makes 
it clear that Sam will end this night in a bloody fight for her life....

The Silencing

A reformed hunter living in isolation on a wildlife sanctuary becomes involved in a deadly game of cat and mouse when he and the local Sheriff set out to track a vicious killer who may have kidnapped his daughter years ago.

• Like 2

just watched the longest day world war 2 film one of the best out there even old as it is for me is a 5 out of 5.

not sure @R1s1ngs0n would agree with me but but interested to hear his view on it 👍

next on is a bridge too far :D

for those that don't know is operation market garden another ww2 super film in my opinion too another 5 out of 5 :D

about freeing the dutch and trying to get back all the way to germany.

basil 👍

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Basil said:

just watched the longest day world war 2 film one of the best out there even old as it is for me is a 5 out of 5.

not sure @R1s1ngs0n would agree with me but but interested to hear his view on it 👍

next on is a bridge too far :D

for those that don't know is operation market garden another ww2 super film in my opinion too another 5 out of 5 :D

about freeing the dutch and trying to get back all the way to germany.

basil 👍

Didn’t see either of these.

• Sad 1