IGNORED

Show us all your latest Group Buy or other receptions (Steelbook..Digibook ... Digipack ... Collectors ...)

• ★ Administrators ★
On 10/25/2020 at 7:40 AM, DodgyDave said:

As the folks that tend to post in here, are a little more eclectic about their collections and purchases...

Does anyone want some "FREE" steelbooks ?

The steelbooks are free and I will pay for them to go to a relevent hub in the UK. Obviously there would be a small amount to pay MP for moving them around and combining at a later date.

They are all sealed and in perfect condition (as far as I can tell) except the rare German Ghost Rider. That has a tear in the seal on the front. They would also most likely be Region B only. Some may be Region Free. 

I just need to clear some space, and maybe someone will find a good home for them, or some of them. If not I'll probably bin them. I can't be bothered to eBay them at 99p start. ;)

IMG_7548.jpg.d766a97a211bec9b825db47bf217dd45.jpg

IMG_7549.jpg.a7a62736c7f3a5f56c82ccb17eba2db5.jpg

Re this original post..

@Pbsw23 

@RAK

@Count Dantes

I have boxed up your requests. When I can legitimately go to the post office, I’ll send them on to the relevant hub in UK. Not sure who that is yet. :D

So Wolverine, Jack Reacher, Enders Game and Hobbit are gone. 
The others are still available for “free” (as detailed above). 
There are also these 2 that I found. 

09CC32A0-7EC3-4522-98B9-ADFDA30785A9.thumb.jpeg.17d25f3e3869e15ce9c9ab8d8b7819f2.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

🥤 Mail Call today (even though our Post Office is closed today for Veterans Day... Thank You to all our Veterans for giving us our FREEDOMS 🇺🇸❣️) ! 🤠 🎬 😇 😷

0656A3E1-BB4F-4625-8283-D1F7292C3CE3.gif.06ab9e7c55e69b808c9fa9587a867e10.gif

🎞

Just arrived from our Mail lady a small cornucopia of goodies, hey! 🙂

2C957E16-CE81-42AD-94EF-2E09284C2F22.jpeg.c4701884dbe733a237320e6445f29d63.jpeg

image.gif.3dbb5f4354a52200098b595111768c7d.gif

MP John’s BLOW OUT SALE 2020 !! ONLY WHILE THEY LAST

All Lentis! 😇

PLAIN ARCHIVE EXCLUSIVE - ZERO DARK THIRTY

NOVA NE 002 - LONE SURVIVOR

NOVA NC 009 - STAR WARS THE FORCE AWAKENS

image.gif.cdd565dde9d02ab4c55767f359902216.gif

TERMINATOR SALVATION #27

FC041342-7310-42D8-9AFA-AD9FAEF17E7C.thumb.jpeg.36686773b427e8c6589a18b0ceb57766.jpeg

• Like 18

Dunkirk (Manta Lab)
Since the Blufans editions didn't blow me away and I still like the movie very much (in my opinion a very good, underrated Nolan!), I put my money on Manta - and wasn't disappointed! I decided to go for the SL because of the artwork: The lenti is very clear with a nice 3D effect, the back comes with isolated embossing and holo-foil. The steel itself is a bit dark, but I like the artwork and embossing quite well. The goodies won't knock you off your stool, but they round off the edition. All in all a nice release that deserves a place in the collection!

086B520A-DF69-44ED-A2E4-48570668B402.jpeg

• Like 20

Spoiler
10 hours ago, Count Dantes said:

It’s been a long time coming, after forgetting to send my editions to the post office Manta finally sent them. 

also the top part was a birthday present I got yesterday on launch day. 😁

DC929543-E68D-4D28-80DD-3DBF15384BA7.jpeg

Brody @Count Dantes Congrats & Happy Birthday 🎁🎂🎈🎉🎊 again as I’m jealous GIF

• Like 1

Finally,... it's here and it's a beauty - The Sting WCL 

image.thumb.png.851b6dfae85ebe56399929c64e46464b.png

Let's get the negatives out of the way first... I know the actor next to Paul Newman is supposed to be Robert Redford but it doesn't even remotely look like him. In fact, that person looks to be even older than Newman. It's kind of bizzare considering Redford is accurately drawn elsewhere in this set.

While not a negative per se, the amaray artwork is definitely an acquired taste. From afar it doesn't strike as anything special but upon close inspection one can truly appreciate the fine little details on it.

The default red/green sleeve is IMO the far better choice for the cover. The blue/pink alternative, while an interesting option, is better suited for the inside of the case as it doesn't really fit the theme of the movie, not does it go particularly well with the fullslip. Plus, I'll take Newman over Redford any day of the week 😉

Now the positives -

I admit I was a bit nervous before receiving this edition as I wasn't sure how the unique design and color scheme would look in hand. But I'm happy to say it looks AWESOME in hand.

The fullslip is definitely the star of the show: sturdy, elegant; just perfectly executed. The connected dots concept works really well in conveying the film's plot mechanics and I especially like the fact WCL allows us to customize the front of the fullslip by providing no less than 4 different title cards 🙂

I opted to go with the one representing the film's actual title cards.

image.thumb.png.de20bbe04bed526fb933fd22bbd34e9e.png

The extras comprise of a very nice quality booklet and 2 fold up posters, neatly placed in a delightful pop-up package that fits into its own slipcase.

The passion and attention to detail that went into designing this package are obvious and I applaude WCL for making bold choices with such a beloved classic. 

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Diskino's head honcho @Tristan_Wang for bringing collectors and movie buffs these wonderful releases.

Too many classics are overlooked and rarely get the Premium treatment they deserve, so it's comforting to know there are still a few retailers that strive to rectify this unfortunate situation.

Lastly, thank you @ksosk for being our liaison with WCL and of course, big thanks to my Hubmaster @Benoit46 for making sure everything arrives in tip-top shape 🙏😘

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Spoiler
58 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Finally,... it's here and it's a beauty - The Sting WCL 😀

image.thumb.png.9dbf4903cbfc90469c10023fcd4d7e78.png

Let's get the negatives out of the way first... I know the actor next to Paul Newman is supposed to be Robert Redford but it doesn't even remotely look like him. In fact, that person looks to be even older than Newman. It's kind of bizzare considering Redford is accurately drawn elsewhere in this set.

While not a negative per se, the amaray artwork is definitely an acquired taste. From afar it doesn't strike as anything special but upon close inspection one can truly appreciate the fine little details on it.

The default red/green sleeve is IMO the far better choice for the cover. The blue/pink alternative, while an interesting option, is better suited for the inside of the case as it doesn't really fit the theme of the movie, not does it go particularly well with the fullslip. Plus, I'll take Newman over Redford any day of the week 😉

Now the positives -

I admit I was a bit nervous before receiving this edition as I wasn't sure how the unique design and color scheme would look in hand. But I'm happy to say it looks AWESOME in hand.

The fullslip is definitely the star of the show: sturdy, elegant; just perfectly executed. The connected dots concept works really well in conveying the film's plot mechanics and I especially like the fact WCL allows us to customize the front of the fullslip by providing no less than 4 different title cards 🙂

I opted to go with the one representing the film's actual title cards.

image.thumb.png.879a4d16c8705c264b0ea1b22769969a.png

The extras comprise of a very nice quality booklet and 2 fold up posters, neatly placed in a delightful pop-up package that fits into its own slipcase.

The passion and attention to detail that went into designing this package are obvious and I applaude WCL for making bold choices with such a beloved classic. 

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Diskino's head honcho @Tristan_Wang for bringing collectors and movie buffs these wonderful releases.

Too many classics are overlooked and rarely get the Premium treatment they deserve, so it's comforting to know there are still a few retailers that strive to rectify this unfortunate situation.

Lastly, thank you @ksosk for being our liaison with WCL and of course, big thanks to my Hubmaster @Benoit46 for making sure everything arrives in tip-top shape 🙏😘

Congrats on acquiring a very fine set.

Here's to one for Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid. 

• Like 3

thanks for sharing pictures and your opinion on this edition @R1s1ngs0n
you have cleared up some of my questions

by having the possibility to change the card on the slip as you did,

I find that it harmonises the whole a bit more rather than having that "rainbow" effect which bothered me a bit personally 
we'll see what we're dealing with 

• Like 2