IGNORED

Show us all your latest Group Buy or other receptions (Steelbook..Digibook ... Digipack ... Collectors ...)

Rescue mission complete!! Just got this beauty out of customs (note to self, always use HUB for shipment when available, Portuguese customs come at a hefty price!)

Just wanted to thank all involved in making this happen and to congratulate this community for being simply amazing.

Hoping this to be just the first of many!! 

Not opening it just yet cause I want to grab some protectors first :)
dE6gtW5g.thumb.jpeg.466ecfc110ea112e485e46f11c71f866.jpeg

• Like 17

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, ethnosax said:

HDz Jaws arrived yesterday. I think FA won this round—might even say they blew HDz out of the water, but that risks punning. :) Anyway, nice to get to see them both together. Thanks to MP for the HDz GB!

HDJ.thumb.jpg.ae3a2c6a3833aeaf8e20a0dc44a29b13.jpg

FAJ.thumb.jpg.38406bc141fefb64d8139d0f43f88774.jpg

FilmArena beats HDZeta in a Lenticular!?? :o

That would be a first to me... 😟😟

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LeGonze said:

FilmArena beats HDZeta in a Lenticular!?? :o

That would be a first to me... 😟😟

I know! Believe me, I don't make that comment lightly. In this case, I think HDz went for a little too much, and it's all kind of indistinct. FAC went with the original poster, and there's not a lot of depth, but the lenticular adds a translucent effect that brings the poster to life. Also, the back of the HDz is (to me) really boring. On top of it all (literally), the FAC has the classic tagline. Winner.

• Like 2

vor 11 Stunden schrieb ThereIsNoooSpoon:

Rescue mission complete!! Just got this beauty out of customs (note to self, always use HUB for shipment when available, Portuguese customs come at a hefty price!)

Just wanted to thank all involved in making this happen and to congratulate this community for being simply amazing.

Hoping this to be just the first of many!! 

Not opening it just yet cause I want to grab some protectors first :)
dE6gtW5g.thumb.jpeg.466ecfc110ea112e485e46f11c71f866.jpeg

Truly a very nice looking edition! You can look forward to removing the foil, as the lenti becomes even clearer and the embossed, holofoiled backcover really stands out without the seal! ;) 

• Like 6

L.A. Confidential (HDZeta)

A really great movie in my opinion, which got a really cool edition from HDZeta. Definitely a Grail! I really like the Steelbook, even if embossing would have been nice. But yeah, one can't expect that from HDZeta. Nevertheless the edition captures the time and the feeling of the movie very well, which is always very important to me. That makes it a nice piece that deserves a place in the collection!

47B5E82C-D63B-4C74-85C5-058619CB5E0F.jpeg

• Like 20

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, claptraw said:

L.A. Confidential (HDZeta)

A really great movie in my opinion, which got a really cool edition from HDZeta. Definitely a Grail! I really like the Steelbook, even if embossing would have been nice. But yeah, one can't expect that from HDZeta. Nevertheless the edition captures the time and the feeling of the movie very well, which is always very important to me. That makes it a nice piece that deserves a place in the collection!

47B5E82C-D63B-4C74-85C5-058619CB5E0F.jpeg

HDz LA Confidential is a great release. Very underrated by collectors. 

In my opinion the only poor Gold Label release that HDz did, was Argo. They put very little effort into it and it shows. 
Everything else is superb. 

• Like 7

A nice little haul over the weekend. Got my new iPhone 12 pro max, love love love the new Pacific Blue. 

I love what Manta did with Dunkirk. I feel like they really rebounded from some of the smaller issues they had with OUATIH, and Joker. BOP was pretty well done. 

I’m starting to get heavily influenced by @R1s1ngs0n, falling deeper into the FS cave. I love the embossed title on the front and spine. It looks like the title on the front has some holofoil. I love the spotgloss they have going on on the front as well. Extremely well done by Manta. 

425EC9F6-B560-4CF1-8254-6E4616C12120.jpeg

• Like 18

Todays delivery....

I really regretted not joining the MP group buy for this one....

Luckily for me my good friend @Michael hillaby did, and offered to sell me his copy.... Thanks again buddy 😁

20201118_182859.thumb.jpg.170035dc6df12fd232a8d518085de64f.jpg

Let's have a look at what you could have won...

And thanks to my boi Carl, aka @blu.steel33 🇬🇧 for getting this to me in A1 condition 🙏👍

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, RileyLad said:

Todays delivery....

I really regretted not joining the MP group buy for this one....

Luckily for me my good friend @Michael hillaby did, and offered to sell me his copy.... Thanks again buddy 😁

20201118_182859.thumb.jpg.170035dc6df12fd232a8d518085de64f.jpg

Let's have a look at what you could have won...

And thanks to my boi Carl, aka @blu.steel33 🇬🇧 for getting this to me in A1 condition 🙏👍

Nice that bud 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/16/2020 at 9:39 PM, Hardcore said:

It depends in which room you manage to enter, here is 1/3 :D

stuff scattered everywhere in my apt ;)

Ah, a fellow not-enough-room-in-apartment-dweller! I had just gotten some new shelves for my mancave room prior to signing up here, and guess what? I need new ones that are better suited, these ones occupy too much "dead air".

• Haha 4

Awards

Hey guys!!

I got these ones last week but has been very busy so here it goes... xD

I think I disagree with a few members here...  This FS edition is just nice to me... But nothing spectacular to be honest... 9_9 

I'm not sure why everybody thinks it's superb... I didn't even feel like opening it... I might sell it... :$

I believe the DL blows it away... ;)

The Steelbook is beautiful... Just like I expected!!... Unfortunately it comes with 2 little dents on front and 1 microdent on the back... Nothing that really bothers me to take it back to be honest... ^_^

Also... I'm kindda sad that the 4K doesn't have Spanish Subtitles (Wife demands these so it's a must :P)... I believe all my Mantas have Spanish subs so I hope this doesn't continue... The only retailer I've had this "issue" is Film Arena...

I just hope that my UHD Club Edition does have Spanish Subs... Can you tell me if they do @ksosk??? 9_9

Right now I'm anxiously waiting for my UHDClub edition!!... :x

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

91.jpg

92.jpg

• Like 16

5 hours ago, LeGonze said:

Also... I'm kindda sad that the 4K doesn't have Spanish Subtitles (Wife demands these so it's a must :P)... I believe all my Mantas have Spanish subs so I hope this doesn't continue... The only retailer I've had this "issue" is Film Arena...

😅 the wife also demands Arabic subtitles 🤣 so I try to sometimes get 4ks for the UK because they usually have Arabic.

I would recommend Amazon.es I always use it they are dependable and for sure have spanish subs and dubs I think

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, mjk said:

😅 the wife also demands Arabic subtitles 🤣 so I try to sometimes get 4ks for the UK because they usually have Arabic.

I would recommend Amazon.es I always use it they are dependable and for sure have spanish subs and dubs I think

Hahaa... That’s awesome!!

Actually we never have this problem with the US releases... They always come with Spanish and French Subs so always fine... xD But my wife will be a little mad if I have to buy the US Amaray too. I just hope the UHD Club edition does have these subs... Brother!! Any clue @ksosk?? 9_9

• Like 3