IGNORED

New Anime Blu-ray Release Topic

extantsrevenge

6 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Hi @Veum🙂

As for "Westerns";

Not 'as such' do any spring to mind, (not a lot of cattle ranches in Japan) although there are a few that take place in turn-of-the century (1900) time-frame, they don't have an actual 'cowboy feel' to them.

One recent show however, come pretty dang close;

Appare Ran-man which is sorta like a combo of "The Great Race" or "Those Men in Their Jaunty Jalopies" and "The OK Corral" fliks, heh.

I plan on getting it myself as it looks to be a hoot.

RightStuf has it up for sale: ($49 Usd) nut I won't be surprised if it makes it into a Black Friday sale. 😀

Link;

https://www.rightstufanime.com/APPARE-RANMAN-Blu-ray

Art:

APPARE-RANMAN! Blu-ray

My buddy @Grendel, I guess I keep forgetting Anime is Japanese 😂 

I would love though to find an animation serious style western(s)! 😇

• Like 2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Afternoon @Mattrivers95🙂

The two shows you've mentioned passing interest in, do have some noteworthy aspects to them but I'll take a moment to hi-light the controversial aspects to each.

Goblin Slayer:

When the 1st few episodes of this show aired, they didn't just kick open the door, they threw a Molotov cocktail at it and laughed gleefully as it burnt off the hinges.

Spoiler, but I don't care because it's integral to the controversy, one of the girls a group member on a D&D style quest, is raped by some evil goblins. Now this ain't no hentai show so no explicit details shown but you know that's what happens easy enough. Of course our anti-hero, the Goblin Slayer deals justice with a sword pretty quick but a lot of folks were upset that such a garish device would be used to cause hype for a show.

There's a few other sprinklings of WTF? throughout but that scene at least is never repeated.

Since the show has "calmed down" some, it has a large fan following and if the D&D/RPG focus is at all appealing, perhaps watching some of S-1 will provide you some food for thought. As @LeGonze dutifully mentioned, if you can Stream some episodes, that would be my suggestion.

I own S-1 but have yet to get/watch the film (Goblin's Crown), so can't comment on it at all. There is an S-2 in the pipe also.

Darling in the FranXX:

This is actually a very very good show, up until about episode 15. From that point, Trigger went bat-scat loopy and brought aliens into the mix for the mechs to fight and it quickly turned into a hilarious dumpster fire on a grand scale.

It did copy (quite liberally) from NG Evangelion, which peeved a number of folks off but for the first 3 quarters of the show, it's a good watch.

Again, it has a pretty strong fan-base as the NGE nostalgia hype was flowing hard and fast for its story.

Again, if you can Stream a bit to get your own vibe for it, all the better.

Cheers my friend. 😉

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Grendel said:

Good Afternoon @Mattrivers95🙂

The two shows you've mentioned passing interest in, do have some noteworthy aspects to them but I'll take a moment to hi-light the controversial aspects to each.

Goblin Slayer:

When the 1st few episodes of this show aired, they didn't just kick open the door, they threw a Molotov cocktail at it and laughed gleefully as it burnt off the hinges.

Spoiler, but I don't care because it's integral to the controversy, one of the girls a group member on a D&D style quest, is raped by some evil goblins. Now this ain't no hentai show so no explicit details shown but you know that's what happens easy enough. Of course our anti-hero, the Goblin Slayer deals justice with a sword pretty quick but a lot of folks were upset that such a garish device would be used to cause hype for a show.

There's a few other sprinklings of WTF? throughout but that scene at least is never repeated.

Since the show has "calmed down" some, it has a large fan following and if the D&D/RPG focus is at all appealing, perhaps watching some of S-1 will provide you some food for thought. As @LeGonze dutifully mentioned, if you can Stream some episodes, that would be my suggestion.

I own S-1 but have yet to get/watch the film (Goblin's Crown), so can't comment on it at all. There is an S-2 in the pipe also.

Darling in the FranXX:

This is actually a very very good show, up until about episode 15. From that point, Trigger went bat-scat loopy and brought aliens into the mix for the mechs to fight and it quickly turned into a hilarious dumpster fire on a grand scale.

It did copy (quite liberally) from NG Evangelion, which peeved a number of folks off but for the first 3 quarters of the show, it's a good watch.

Again, it has a pretty strong fan-base as the NGE nostalgia hype was flowing hard and fast for its story.

Again, if you can Stream a bit to get your own vibe for it, all the better.

Cheers my friend. 😉

Thanks chaps, so I’ll watch a couple of eps of both before splurging on or avoiding them. Additionally, death parade is getting a re release soon which is something else I haven’t seen. Any thoughts on that?

• Like 3

Hi @Mattrivers95;   🙂

Just caught me before shut-down.

Yeah, I'd suggest Death Parade is excellent and I have full plans of picking up the newly announced CE even though I already have an edition.

Essentially it's about folks that are transported to a 'Bar' with the impression that their actions will determine whether they live or die.

Not a spoiler (it's on the back cover) they already are dead and their actions will determine whether they go to heaven or hell.

Things get pretty wild from there.

It's good, damn good.

Get it Buddy. 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good Evening My Friends;  😀

It's been a bit of a chaotic week-end but I managed to get some things sorted.

Among them, some pics of a few new Anime Treasures that have recently landed.

Still lots to go but most of the remainder are for my Girls so thought I'd toss up a pic of my "keepers" 😉

Starting With;

- Aura Battler Dunbine: Sentai, amaray, series

*- Neon Genesis Evangelion: GKIDS, slip-amaray, series+ (when my UE and CE arrive, I'll dedicate a pic (or 2) to all 3 eds)

- Armed Girls Machiavellism: Sentai, amaray, series

- Akame Ga Kill; Sentai, Steel and lovely PET slip, series (yer a bad influence @LeGonze me Bro!) 😉

- Kaiji: Sentai, amaray, full series (essentially what the new "Squid Game" idea was based upon)

- Mr. Tonegawa: Sentai, amaray, series (precursor to Kaiji in fact, though made after)

- Megalobox S-1: AtA, spec ed slip-box, series (amazingly, S-2 seems to be even better!)

- Black Bullet; Sentai, amaray, series

image.thumb.jpeg.4fdb808af8b6b34d414330f97805b0eb.jpeg

🥰

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

In addition, I received the AtA spec ed set for the Original FMA so thought it nice to toss up a pick of it with the Aniplex set for Brotherhood. 😉

Top Row - Fullmetal Alchemist (Original) Pt-1 & 2: AtA, spec ed slip-box, + Booklet

Middle Row - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Pt-1: Aniplex, x4 amaray + Booklet + Coin

Bottom Row - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Pt-2: Aniplex, x4 amaray + Booklet + Coin

image.thumb.jpeg.9c74a412725ec9a2716d19a059c0a8dc.jpeg

🥰

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

^^ Just wanted to take a sec and offer an apology for the quality of the pics. I'm having weird issues with my camera currently.

I'll get it sorted in time for the next batch (I hope!)

More coming in from a variety of places, heh. 😉

That said, if you left-click on the pics, they appear MUCH nicer.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 4

Hello again my Friends;  😀

So, Anime Limited (aka AtA) has a plethora of amazing new releases planned for 2022 and I wanted to provide you access to the news as soon as I could.

The Big Sound-Outs are as follows;

- Blood-C: (UE, only 500 units) *

- El-Hazard: OVAs 1&2, CE

- Kakeguri, S-1: CE

- Boogiepop Phantom: CE (YES!!!!)

- Kaiba: CE

- Belladonna Of Sadness: CE

- Seraph Of The End S-1&2: CE

- Silver Spoon S-1&2: CE

- Code Geass: Film trilogy + Resurrection, CE

- My Hime: CE, and ...

- CardCaptor Sakura: LE !!! ***

All are expected to be up for notification/pre-order on 1st Dec 2021.

There's at least 5 titles I'm in for, personally but I could go nuts...😉

Of course, these will be Region B Blu-rays folks so, if you were hoping Santa brought you a Region Free player this year, now is the time to write that letter to him!

Cheers;

Attn: @extantsrevenge, @LeGonze, @Mutantsmiley, @Trianna, @DarthEd, @Mattrivers95, @Jiggy Higgins, @mjk, @Billy Talent, @Magnifly, @Hatori, @Squeegie McGee, @Hecko, @Pbsw23 and others...😀

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

Thanks, Ive just recently watched that video and I’ve got my eye on a few titles I haven’t heard of like kaiba and belladonna, as well as code geass and cardcaptor which I’ve never got around to watching. I can’t wait to see what they’re putting in the sale, fingers crossed for demon slayer and full metal alchemist.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Grendel said:

Good Evening My Friends;  😀

It's been a bit of a chaotic week-end but I managed to get some things sorted.

Among them, some pics of a few new Anime Treasures that have recently landed.

Still lots to go but most of the remainder are for my Girls so thought I'd toss up a pic of my "keepers" 😉

Starting With;

- Aura Battler Dunbine: Sentai, amaray, series

*- Neon Genesis Evangelion: GKIDS, slip-amaray, series+ (when my UE and CE arrive, I'll dedicate a pic (or 2) to all 3 eds)

- Armed Girls Machiavellism: Sentai, amaray, series

- Akame Ga Kill; Sentai, Steel and lovely PET slip, series (yer a bad influence @LeGonze me Bro!) 😉

- Kaiji: Sentai, amaray, full series (essentially what the new "Squid Game" idea was based upon)

- Mr. Tonegawa: Sentai, amaray, series (precursor to Kaiji in fact, though made after)

- Megalobox S-1: AtA, spec ed slip-box, series (amazingly, S-2 seems to be even better!)

- Black Bullet; Sentai, amaray, series

image.thumb.jpeg.4fdb808af8b6b34d414330f97805b0eb.jpeg

🥰

Awesome!!!... I'm pretty sure you love that Akame Ga Kill SB right??... 9_9

I also got my NGE Amaray yesterday!!... Going to watch it in a marathon I think... Patiently waiting for my Ultimate Edition... xD

19 hours ago, Grendel said:

In addition, I received the AtA spec ed set for the Original FMA so thought it nice to toss up a pick of it with the Aniplex set for Brotherhood. 😉

Top Row - Fullmetal Alchemist (Original) Pt-1 & 2: AtA, spec ed slip-box, + Booklet

Middle Row - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Pt-1: Aniplex, x4 amaray + Booklet + Coin

Bottom Row - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Pt-2: Aniplex, x4 amaray + Booklet + Coin

image.thumb.jpeg.9c74a412725ec9a2716d19a059c0a8dc.jpeg

🥰

Amazing editions!!...

I hope I can get thos Aniplex someday!!... 9_9

And Talking about Aniplex, if you guys remember, I started watching Fate/Zero and holy sh1t is good... Amazing animation and very good story... 😎;) Soooo I will definitely get that Aniplex in the near future... Right now, I'm all-in on this Fate Universe... Hope I could find Fate/Stay Night series as I think that's what happens next from Fate/Zero... 

By the way, sorry I've ben so abscent, I've had tons and tons of work and the little time I get here I spend it sending tracking info from GBs... Hahaa... xD

Edited by LeGonze
  • Like 5

36 minutes ago, Grendel said:

So, Anime Limited (aka AtA) has a plethora of amazing new releases planned for 2022 and I wanted to provide you access to the news as soon as I could.

The Big Sound-Outs are as follows;

- Blood-C: (UE, only 500 units) *

- El-Hazard: OVAs 1&2, CE

- Kakeguri, S-1: CE

- Boogiepop Phantom: CE (YES!!!!)

- Kaiba: CE

- Belladonna Of Sadness: CE

- Seraph Of The End S-1&2: CE

- Silver Spoon S-1&2: CE

- Code Geass: Film trilogy + Resurrection, CE

All are expected to be up for notification/pre-order on 1st Dec 2021.

There's at least 5 titles I'm in for, personally but I could go nuts...😉

Of course, these will be Region B Blu-rays folks so, if you were hoping Santa brought you a Region Free player this year, now is the time to write that letter to him!

Cheers;

Attn: @extantsrevenge, @LeGonze, @Mutantsmiley, @Trianna, @DarthEd, @Mattrivers95, @Jiggy Higgins, @mjk, @Billy Talent, @Magnifly, @Hatori, @Squeegie McGee, @Hecko, @Pbsw23 and others...😀

Thanks for the heads up! All good news, and you actually led me to check on their site again where a pre-order for Cowboy Bebop CE was waiting for me 😄

• Like 3

Awards

Good Evening @Mattrivers95; 🙂

Belladonna Of Sadness is part of a trilogy of thematically related films, by Osamu Tezuka but each can certainly be viewed stand-alone.

It's pretty heavy stuff I'd suggest and though I certainly recommend it, it's not best to go in on a blind buy unless you appreciate surprises.

The other two related films are;

- A Thousand and One Nights, and

- Cleopatra

All 3 are recommended for 'adults' so, not exactly something to have your pre-schooler spool up at breakfast time.

Kaiba, I've been unable to get a copy of prior, so I too am looking forward to it.

Although I am well aware of the incredible shows that make up the Card Captor series (since I watched them before sending off to my Girls) I lean more toward the Madoka side of the Magical Girl genre so I have yet to decide whether to pick that lovely CE up. I know it's one of @extantsrevenge fave shows, so he could elaborate more for those with interest.

Code Geass: is considered a "Classic" for good reason, it is an incredible show and to have this assortment in one defining box set is awesome!

I'll take this opportunity to expound on the others I'm considering, if ya don't mind...😉

Blood-C is not the best of the "Blood: Vampire" series but it does have a distinctive charm to it and is the most action packed.

Most of us would of course, prefer to see the Blood+ series get a Blu (and for that matter a decent Blu for the original, Blood: The Last Vampire) but for whatever legal entanglements that prevent that from happening, I'll support the franchise and grab this UE from AtA. It's gonna be BIG, size wise, similar to the "B: The Beginning" set, I've heard, so yeah, not gonna be cheap.

I've owned "Boogiepop Phantom" on dvd for years and almost dropped coin on the simple amaray Blu that RS had on offer. So glad I didn't, as this ed will be incredible!

With a bit of luck, we'll soon see "Boogiepop and Others" (which I own on Blu) in a lovely CE as well!

BP is a continuation from the Manga whereas BaO is an Anime of the Manga.

El-Hazard: I have no experience with but I've heard nothing but "excellent" when it enters conversation.

Seraph Of The End: I have the CEs from Sentai so, I'll need to see what is brought to the fore in order to entice me to buy yet again. Of course, I'm lucky to be in a position whereas if I 'upgrade' I can send my previous eds to my lovely Girls as yet another wonderful gift from Grandpa! heh.

(It's Vampires, so d'uh, I gots ta own dat!)

Kakeguri: is available (both S-1 and 2) from both Sentai and RS in amaray right now (for pre-order) but the series is awesome so I may need to get this CE, heh.

Silver Spoon: Is a cute "slice of Life" anime about a lad getting to know how a 'Farm' works. Funny and quaint but not my thing.

My Hime: sounds VERY familiar and need to check my db because I think I have it but, we'll see, (sounds like something I'd buy at least!)

Cheers Buddy (and other Folk) 😉

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Good Evening @Mattrivers95; 🙂

Belladonna Of Sadness is part of a trilogy of thematically related films, by Osamu Tezuka but each can certainly be viewed stand-alone.

It's pretty heavy stuff I'd suggest and though I certainly recommend it, it's not best to go in on a blind buy unless you appreciate surprises.

The other two related films are;

- A Thousand and One Nights, and

- Cleopatra

All 3 are recommended for 'adults' so, not exactly something to have your pre-schooler spool up at breakfast time.

Kaiba, I've been unable to get a copy of prior, so I too am looking forward to it.

Although I am well aware of the incredible shows that make up the Card Captor series (since I watched them before sending off to my Girls) I lean more toward the Madoka side of the Magical Girl genre so I have yet to decide whether to pick that lovely CE up. I know it's one of @extantsrevenge fave shows, so he could elaborate more for those with interest.

Code Geass: is considered a "Classic" for good reason, it is an incredible show and to have this assortment in one defining box set is awesome!

I'll take this opportunity to expound on the others I'm considering, if ya don't mind...😉

Blood-C is not the best of the "Blood: Vampire" series but it does have a distinctive charm to it and is the most action packed.

Most of us would of course, prefer to see the Blood+ series get a Blu (and for that matter a decent Blu for the original, Blood: The Last Vampire) but for whatever legal entanglements that prevent that from happening, I'll support the franchise and grab this UE from AtA. It's gonna be BIG, size wise, similar to the "B: The Beginning" set, I've heard, so yeah, not gonna be cheap.

I've owned "Boogiepop Phantom" on dvd for years and almost dropped coin on the simple amaray Blu that RS had on offer. So glad I didn't, as this ed will be incredible!

With a bit of luck, we'll soon see "Boogiepop and Others" (which I own on Blu) in a lovely CE as well!

BP is a continuation from the Manga whereas BaO is an Anime of the Manga.

El-Hazard: I have no experience with but I've heard nothing but "excellent" when it enters conversation.

Seraph Of The End: I have the CEs from Sentai so, I'll need to see what is brought to the fore in order to entice me to buy yet again. Of course, I'm lucky to be in a position whereas if I 'upgrade' I can send my previous eds to my lovely Girls as yet another wonderful gift from Grandpa! heh.

Kakeguri: is available (both S-1 and 2) from both Sentai and RS in amaray right now (for pre-order) but the series is awesome so I may need to get this CE, heh.

Silver Spoon: Is a cute "slice of Life" anime about a lad getting to know how a 'Farm' works. Funny and quaint but not my thing.

My Hime: sounds VERY familiar and need to check my db because I think I have it but, we'll see, (sounds like something I'd buy at least!)

Cheers Buddy (and other Folk) 😉

That’s great , thanks for the descriptions, I think I’ll take a risk with belladonna. Am I right in thinking the code geass set has the four films but not the tv show? If so are the films a sort of reboot?

• Like 3

Hi @LeGonze my Buddy!  🙂

Very happy of course, to hear you received your NGE Stnd ed and do hope you enjoy the series.

Of course, you now face a dilemma, do i watch it subbed or dubbed?

Since the DUB on that particular set is the more recent one, you may elect to go with the Subbed rendition but honestly, I know fans of both dub translations and you are not going to be overly displeased with either, heh.

Oh, boy, so you've entered the 'black hole' that is the Fate Universe. My condolences my friend...😉

As I attempted to relay in the Post I provided earlier, with my new acquisitions of the early Fate franchise, that's also I suggest, the watch order.

..... No, go look it up ya pog, I ain't rewriting it here...😛

From there, then the remaining Blu eds are all available at RS, for a significant price but were you Region B capable, I could also point you toward the Madman/Viz releases from 'jolly olde'.

Fun aside, let me know what ya wanna do Buddy and I'll help as I may. 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
7 hours ago, Grendel said:

Thanks for the tag @Grendel I'm only seeing 2 Series that interest me and no Gundam Seed Destiny 😥, do I really have to get the US release now, then I have Seed from UK and Destiny from US 😪

4 hours ago, Grendel said:

I'll admit, I'm not your best source for info on Code Geass my Buddy, so I'll leave it to our friends here in our tight little community to address your query.

Perhaps @Trianna @extantsrevenge or another fine friend could assist? 😉

As for "Belladonna", yeah, no issues, get it. 👍

I actually can't really help with Code Geass much as well. I did not really got into it even when it had Clamp involved. I remeber finding the lead character very annoying. I only watched half of S1 and never continued.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

God bless you sir for posting!! 😊

BLOOD -C Ultimate edition ....500 copies say no more! I gtta check out the others!

Btw this isnt like a manta lab pre order where everything is sold out within  30 seconds right !?

Also just found out about nana released on a steelbook......a plain steelbook.

I am p*ssed  I saw the beautiful dvd box sets on ebay just gorgeous and of course the bluray version comes along on a plain steelbook.😑

How many times do I have to buy a dvd variant because they put way more effort into them and look nicer, and having to buy the bluray to swap the dvd discs with the bluray ones.🤨

Also does Sentai  or Righstuff release a box set ultimate editions lists? I see them emailing me constantly about new releases but its tiresome to keep checking only to see some standard amaray sets.

I want Sentai to email me a list of UE or CE limited to x many  copies  and when I can pre order.

• Like 2

Good Evening @Billy Talent😀

As to Blood-C, I can't really speak as to how fast it may sell out but I don't think you'll see a situation quite like some of our Premium eds that sell out within minutes of being posted.

That said, as you are aware, the "Blood" franchise has a significant following and although many find "-C" the lesser rendition of the storyline, it does have a strong following, including those like me, that hope that should this get the support it deserves, it may light a fire for the previous series and film.

Worth keeping in mind also, is the fact that "Scalpers" are always on the hunt for small runs of "Limited Editions" as well (man, get a real job, will ya?) so we need to be aware of their affect on supplies.

Yeah, the Nana Steelbook release is a bit of a disappointment, since it will certainly be a stacker disc config, to fit inside a normal slim-line Steel.

As for requesting a listing of "just" CEs/LEs/UEs from Sentai or RS, I don't anticipate it happening anytime soon, as part of their marketing strategy is of course, getting you to look at everything while visiting.

That said, Sentai does provide already a link from their Homepage to "Limited Editions" and RS have a filter arrangement, that would enable you to seclude those as well.

They won't do it for you in an email advert but you do have the capability on-site.

Cheers my friend(s)  😉

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My latest  edition to my collection...A LULL IN THE SEA🌊

This seems intriguing, a world underwater....I'm all in for that!🙃

This one came from archonia  which cost me  100€  if I remember correctly, plus I got the last copy as its sold out now!

couple of quick unflattering pics (late for work) 20211118_131653.thumb.jpg.a1757bb874fff64a39016c0d71712d8a.jpg

20211118_131642.thumb.jpg.526ba6aeee508bfdce27fd60165e12c9.jpg

20211118_131658.thumb.jpg.f3343b0c6fc34359f1df28b573d6ac22.jpg

20211118_131726.thumb.jpg.482f8e49c093f416876d4baa34364677.jpg

20211118_131747.thumb.jpg.374d17b13267eb163295ebe519e3f388.jpg

20211118_131801.thumb.jpg.942f06ba01321746beea667ed2e16e7a.jpg

20211118_131824.thumb.jpg.c4edfcddf87e0b8f2d387717c58737b8.jpg

20211118_131858.thumb.jpg.2a59f48d8bc231ec3a066fe03ff00157.jpg

20211118_131924.thumb.jpg.47f2b718f21d9249f2f7b00000306da5.jpg

Edited by Billy Talent
  • Like 4

Hey guys!!...

I just went to se if there was something new and nice on RSA and gues whaaaaaaattt??!!!!!... :D:D

2104163710_AoTS4-1LE.thumb.jpg.dd6f89c2ef31261d29044c8f63294cd3.jpg

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Attack-on-Titan-The-Final-Season-Part-1-Limited-Edition-Blu-ray-DVD

Yes Sir!!!!... Attack on Titan Final Season Part 1 Limited Edition!!!... THIS IS A MUST!!!... :x:x

Of course there's the std edition available for pre-order too... ^_^

And the other one I'm really interested in is:

Berserk.thumb.jpg.4ae364a14043ff6f2070f3df4ae2ebea.jpg

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Berserk-The-Complete-Series-Essentials-Blu-ray

Sensei @Grendel do you know if theres a LE/CE of this series?? Everyone say it's great.:D

There are some new stuff for preorder there so check th site!!...

Oh!! And by the way guys!!... The Black Friday Sale in on Sentai!! Take a look!! Great prices!!...

https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/collections/2021-promotions-black-friday-sale

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, LeGonze said:

Hey guys!!...

I just went to se if there was something new and nice on RSA and gues whaaaaaaattt??!!!!!... :D:D

2104163710_AoTS4-1LE.thumb.jpg.dd6f89c2ef31261d29044c8f63294cd3.jpg

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Attack-on-Titan-The-Final-Season-Part-1-Limited-Edition-Blu-ray-DVD

Yes Sir!!!!... Attack on Titan Final Season Part 1 Limited Edition!!!... THIS IS A MUST!!!... :x:x

Of course there's the std edition available for pre-order too... ^_^

And the other one I'm really interested in is:

Berserk.thumb.jpg.4ae364a14043ff6f2070f3df4ae2ebea.jpg

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Berserk-The-Complete-Series-Essentials-Blu-ray

Sensei @Grendel do you know if theres a LE/CE of this series?? Everyone say it's great.:D

There are some new stuff for preorder there so check th site!!...

Oh!! And by the way guys!!... The Black Friday Sale in on Sentai!! Take a look!! Great prices!!...

https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/collections/2021-promotions-black-friday-sale

Nice, I haven’t actually watched Titan yet I think I’m gonna wait for a complete set though. There was a great steelbook release for berserk but It’s out of print now, it turns up on eBay from time to time at silly prices. I was looking at the Sentai sale earlier but they don’t ship internationally, can we use gbs for this retailer? 

• Like 4

Good Evening @LeGonze;

First, I wanted to mention that I'm of course, extremely pleased to see that the Part 1 of AoT's final season is finally making its way to Blu.

As I've mentioned previous, I'm personally holding out for what I consider, the inevitable Deluxe edition that will contain the entire series.

Of course, there's always the chance it won't happen but it's like printing free money at this point for that show, so I doubt they'll pass on the consideration.

The worrisome part, is that Funi owns both the USA and the UK licences for it, so if they do not, an English friendly version could be difficult to locate.

The one shine of light I grasp at though, is they have not continued making the CEs for each season, once they sold out, they're gone, so that could also point at an inevitable all singing all dancing edition to come.

Got my toes, fingers and eyes crossed for it at least. 😉

Second, I would sincerely recommend staying as far away of that rendition of "Berserk" as humanly possible.

That's the 2016/17 version, created by Liden Films in coordination with GEMBA.

Sadly they tried to combine 2D art with 3D CG art and the two mix like oil and water.

The script follows the details of the Manga, it had to, they had Kintaro Muira (original author, R.I.P.) as overseer but the man had no say in visual production.

Is it watchable?

Yes, barely but anyone that has a strong appreciation for the Berserk franchise treats it like a diseased rat that wants to eat your eyeballs.

If you have interest in the Berserk franchise, and I'd suggest you should, since it is one of the greatest Manga ever written, then track down the 1997 series from OLM (Oriental Light & magic) and the film trilogy, "Golden Age Arc" by Studio 4C in 2012.

Both can be found in amaray with the '97 series getting a gorgeous Steel about 2 years ago that may be hard to find but if you do (for a decent price), that's the one to grab.

I too received an email today from Sentai regarding their 'early' Black Friday sale. I had a quick peruse earlier but will scroll through it more dutifully tonight.

Didn't look like too much on offer I don't already have but they usually have surprises in store.

Right Stuf I anticipate will be holding their BF sale beginning next week and they have a LOT of titles I'd love to see go on sale.

Possibly, perhaps even some Aniplex releases?

@Mattrivers95, I'm not too sure if MP will hold a dedicated GB for Sentai but it is possible that if you contact @Masterblaster, the USA HUB, via the "Other Media GBs" he may be able to assist. @LeGonze would know more about that than I would.

I'm in Canada, so I'd be no help to you I'm afraid Sir.

Cheers my friends.

edit: I just wanted to mention, that if you are truly interested in the Berserk series and want to get at least get some clue/exposure to the franchise, then the 2016/17 series is (cough, cough) one ladder rung higher than nothing. For the price, I guess you could say it at least serves as an indicator of how a great story can be whittled from a mighty oak, down to a bent tooth-pick, but it will serve the purpose of exposure at least. 😉

You have been forewarned, so buy at your discretion my friend.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2