IGNORED

New Anime Blu-ray Release Topic

extantsrevenge

Good Evening @Mattrivers95🙂

Researching the problem issues with the initial Western releases of Re:Zero was easy enough as I Bookmarked it.

Finding the info identifying when they made rectifications...not so much as I did not Bookmark it.

Essentially, the issue was with some significant 'banding' in a number of episodes, principally in Pt-1.

Link; (ANN : June 22 2018)

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-06-22/re-zero-western-blu-rays-show-color-banding-artifacts-companies-respond/.133243

As to what banding is, I guess one pic = a thousand words...

image.thumb.jpeg.fcd0b957e69cdfb073fb5691a85dbb24.jpeg

I'll continue my search for the date of when the issue found a partial resolution but as far as physical media goes, it was in time for the Funimation release of the entire S-1 in one set and for AtA's CE of the show.

I hope to provide a touch more info, when I remember where I stored  it...😉

also; my sincere GRATZ on your incredible selection of new treasures!

Wonderful shows, each and every one.

(note: no biggie on just being exposed to CBB now, I've a few older shows still on my "to watch list" as well, heh heh. Just glad that NOW you ARE watching it!) 😍

Cheers Buddy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Grendel said:

Researching the problem issues with the initial Western releases of Re:Zero was easy enough as I Bookmarked it.

Finding the info identifying when they made rectifications...not so much as I did not Bookmark it.

Essentially, the issue was with some significant 'banding' in a number of episodes, principally in Pt-1.

Link; (ANN : June 22 2018)

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-06-22/re-zero-western-blu-rays-show-color-banding-artifacts-companies-respond/.133243

As to what banding is, I guess one pic = a thousand words...

image.thumb.jpeg.fcd0b957e69cdfb073fb5691a85dbb24.jpeg

I'll continue my search for the date of when the issue found a partial resolution but as far as physical media goes, it was in time for the Funimation release of the entire S-1 in one set and for AtA's CE of the show.

I hope to provide a touch more info, when I remember where I stored  it...😉

also; my sincere GRATZ on your incredible selection of new treasures!

Wonderful shows, each and every one.

(note: no biggie on just being exposed to CBB now, I've a few older shows still on my "to watch list" as well, heh heh. Just glad that NOW you ARE watching it!) 😍

Cheers Buddy

That’s great thanks for the link, I’ve had a dig through the forums and it seems like it was fixed in time for the complete season but I can’t find a definitive answer but apparently they still have a disc replacement scheme still running so it might be worth the risk anyway. I’m also thinking about erased, eureka seven and revolutionary girl too, I haven’t seen any of them so I’ll watch a few eps to see if I like them. I also still need to get violet evergarden eternity and demon slayer s1 which I’ve seen but don’t own  copies of so I have a decision to make before the sale and my 10% code ends.

• Like 3

Good Evening My Friends;

Again, I'm late for reporting this announcement. My apologies are sincere but I did get side-tracked.

Todays AtA CE release is;

My-HiMe  ( 35 Qud)

Link;

https://www.alltheanime.com/collections/new-products-christmas-2021/products/my-hime-collectors-edition-blu-ray

Pic;  (again with the stretched view, sorry...)

ANI0694-my-hime_open-collectors-edition_x1024.png?v=1639048217

I thought I already owned this show but apparently not. (I'll certainly consider adding it to my 3rd and probably last order)

It's a "Magical Girl" show, so may not appeal to everyone but it is renowned for being excellent so worth your time to at least visit the Site and read up on it.

😊

That leaves one CE to go and that will be "Seraph Of The End".

As I mentioned before, I have the full NA series of this, so depending on what they offer, I may or may not pick up.

It is an excellent series, regarding Vampires that control Civ and humans trying to fight back and at least escape thralldom.

If you don't own it, it might be worth your while to at least research and see if it meets your desires.

Cheers!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think the shows you have mentioned, Erased, Eureka Seven and Revolutionary Girl Utena, are all of very high quality and you can certainly do far worse by others.

Erased can be a bit frustrating in the way they closed it off (in comparison to the Manga) but I own it and for good reason. It is an exceptional tale of human emotions lain bare with redemption of those whom have wronged us, though not always deserving of forgiveness. It's a bit of a heart-breaker at times but not entirely.

I suggest it's worth  your coin my friend.

Eureka Seven I was sure I owned but It's not in my home db.

I soon realized why, as when I checked my Girl's db, I see I sent it to them, heh.

I did not watch it first I guess, so considering the subject materials, I may need to grab this for myself as well!

Revolutionary Girl Utena has wonderful accolades of support. I too have yet to purchase it but I think it would be a great time to do so.

It provides an exceptional account of the 18th Century French Revolution, in addition to a personalized story so history buffs will find wonderful materials in this show to chew on as well!

As for Violet Evergarden; I own everything I could get my hands on for this show, as every...single...scene  is a painting brought to life.

The players could be deaf and mute and I'd still love it.

Fortunately, the stories told are extremely entertaining as well.

There's also a new associated film released/being released? that I cannot wait to pick up.

In a slightly similar vein, might I suggest you check out "The Ancient Magus Bride" ?

I have yet to see a negative comment on that show and I and my Girls love it.

Regarding Demon Slayer;

Nothing I can say now will provide any further evidence that it is worth your time, beyond what many pages here in our Sub-Forum and the hysterical attributes showered upon the series (and film) throughout the Anime community already provide.

It's good, get it. 😊

Cheers my friend.

• Like 3

Good Afternoon My Friends;  🙂

So we've arrived at the last of the AtA CE announcements, with as suggested above, the final being;

Seraph of the End: Complete Series Collector's Edition Blu-ray :  (40 Quid)

Link:

https://www.alltheanime.com/collections/new-products-christmas-2021/products/seraph-of-the-end-collectors-edition-blu-ray

Features the complete Seasons 1+2 of Seraph of the End series (episodes 1-24) over four Blu-ray discs, featuring both Japanese 2.0 and English 5.1 audio with English subtitles.
Extras on these discs consists of Trailers, TV Spots and Music Clips, Seraph of the Endless feature, Trailers, TV Spots and Music Clips, Seraph of the Endless: Battle in Nagoya.
Also included in this release is the Seraph of the End Original Soundtrack CD - full details, disc count and track numbers for this item are still TBC at the time of writing, and will be updated once confirmed.
Comes packed in a rigid slipcase with two Amaray cases to hold all of the Blu-rays and Compact Discs.
Also included is a 64-page booklet filled with artwork from the series.

Pic;

image.jpeg.22f4eb219e2ae44849498fd377d264fc.jpeg

As I already own the NA set, I have yet to decide if I'll be picking this up. It is a very good series though so I do recommend it.

TAKE NOTE:

Although we have until the 18th Dec to decide on purchasing the CE sets, all the other Christmas sale prices END TODAY (Midnight London time).

So if there were some 'Stocking Stuffer' eds or 'Under 30" eds you had an eye on, it's now decision time.

Good hunting my friends! 😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Again Folks;  🙂

I just wanted to take a quick moment to mention that although I haven't been posting much on the NA Houses Christmas offerings, I did want to mention that at RightStuf, they do have some moderate price drops on some Aniplex titles that you may find of interest; (in addition to other sale items)

Link;

https://www.rightstufanime.com/category/Blu~ray/publisher/ANIPLEX-OF-AMERICA

Of Note:

- Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie Trilogy Blu-ray (60 Usd)

- Puella Magi Madoka Magica TV Box Set Blu-ray (100 Usd)

- Kaguya-sama Love Is War S-1; Blu-ray (90 Usd)

- Black Butler Complete S-1; Box Set Blu-ray (130 Usd)

- Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Box Set 1 and Set 2;  Blu-ray (90 Usd, each)

- The Irregular at Magic High School Complete Box Set Blu-ray (100 Usd)

- The Irregular at Magic High School (The Movie) The Girl Who Summons the Stars Blu-ray (35 Usd)

😊

• Like 3

Good Evening @Veum my Buddy,  🙂

Quite removed from the Anime side of the spectrum but I do know of the types of films you speak.

Of course, the master of stop motion, Ray Harryhausen provided us some absolutely  incredible films and I take pride in the fact I was able to collect all the ones provided by Powerhouse/Indicator in their astounding sets, which I believe you are familiar (i.e the Sinbad series, Jason & Argonauts, etc...).

Others, such as Wallace and Grommit, Chicken Run, and even Nightmare Before Christmas and Corpse Bride, (from Tim Burton) were renowned for their style and wonderful cinematics utilizing this art style.

I would suggest a review of IMDB to determine which of those you have yet to add to your library and as I am a sincere fan of those myself, I've managed to track down and acquire the majority of those releases via that source.

I wish you the best of hunting and should there be specific titles you are unable to track down, let me know and I'll see if I can come up with a source.

Cheers, my friend!

😊

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Grendel said:

Hi Again Folks;  🙂

I just wanted to take a quick moment to mention that although I haven't been posting much on the NA Houses Christmas offerings, I did want to mention that at RightStuf, they do have some moderate price drops on some Aniplex titles that you may find of interest; (in addition to other sale items)

Link;

https://www.rightstufanime.com/category/Blu~ray/publisher/ANIPLEX-OF-AMERICA

Of Note:

- Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie Trilogy Blu-ray (60 Usd)

- Puella Magi Madoka Magica TV Box Set Blu-ray (100 Usd)

- Kaguya-sama Love Is War S-1; Blu-ray (90 Usd)

- Black Butler Complete S-1; Box Set Blu-ray (130 Usd)

- Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Box Set 1 and Set 2;  Blu-ray (90 Usd, each)

- The Irregular at Magic High School Complete Box Set Blu-ray (100 Usd)

- The Irregular at Magic High School (The Movie) The Girl Who Summons the Stars Blu-ray (35 Usd)

😊

Thanks for that link, I had a look and noticed there’s an aniplex edition of your lie in April, I’m wondering if that has better picture quality than the standard editions I bought from ata, there still sealed so I could sell them but I’m unsure if the AoA editions are an upgrade. 

Anyway I’ve just added erased ce, re zero ce, and eureka seven ce to my Xmas purchases and now feel very ashamed lol. I watched an ep of revolutionary girl too and it was great but I’m spent for now. I’ve just found seraph on Netflix too so I’ll give that a gander now. Also thanks for pushing me over the edge on the above titles, I’d previously dismissed them for some reason but I couldn’t get over how good erased is.

• Like 3

Good Evening @Mattrivers95😀

I'm not certain from your post above, what you could possibly be "very ashamed" about?

Anime releases, as you are astutely aware, are probably the most expensive Blu-rays we can purchase, be they standard amaray eds, CEs, LEs or unique 1-hits.

It's a very intimidating type of collection to pursue.

It's always been like this, sadly. In the days of VHS and Laser Discs, it was even more horrendous, as prices were absolutely astronomical.

We can at least take comfort that those terrible days are behind us.

I think you've identified some spectacular editions coming your way and I'm so very pleased you will have the opportunity to enjoy such wonderful shows!

I know that there is always fear of 'missing out' on a release if not purchased at given opportunity but truth be known, I've managed to slide past that trepidation.

Yes, there are shows that may possibly end up either sold out for a very long time (if not forever) but over the past 8 years, I've seen some reappear that I thought never would and in this day and age with the significant market opportunities available to us, we often see the return of titles we thought long gone.

I think having the opportunity to search the entire planet via the internet for titles, is a HUGE game-changer at this time and companies know that.

The days of holding titles hostage unless customers meet the whims of the releasing agent, are for the most part, long over with.

I'm very happy to read of the titles you've selected recently my friend and I think you will be incredibly pleased just sitting back, relaxing, and enjoying what you have vice worrying about what you might have missed!  🥰

Cheers Buddy!

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Good Evening @Mattrivers95😀

I'm not certain from your post above, what you could possibly be "very ashamed" about?

Anime releases, as you are astutely aware, are probably the most expensive Blu-rays we can purchase, be they standard amaray eds, CEs, LEs or unique 1-hits.

It's a very intimidating type of collection to pursue.

It's always been like this, sadly. In the days of VHS and Laser Discs, it was even more horrendous, as prices were absolutely astronomical.

We can at least take comfort that those terrible days are behind us.

I think you've identified some spectacular editions coming your way and I'm so very pleased you will have the opportunity to enjoy such wonderful shows!

I know that there is always fear of 'missing out' on a release if not purchased at given opportunity but truth be known, I've managed to slide past that trepidation.

Yes, there are shows that may possibly end up either sold out for a very long time (if not forever) but over the past 8 years, I've seen some reappear that I thought never would and in this day and age with the significant market opportunities available to us, we often see the return of titles we thought long gone.

I think having the opportunity to search the entire planet via the internet for titles, is a HUGE game-changer at this time and companies know that.

The days of holding titles hostage unless customers meet the whims of the releasing agent, are for the most part, long over with.

I'm very happy to read of the titles you've selected recently my friend and I think you will be incredibly pleased just sitting back, relaxing, and enjoying what you have vice worrying about what you might have missed!  🥰

Cheers Buddy!

Oh I just meant the fact that I went back to the sale twice after swearing that was it, I’ve no discipline lol. I was trying to be careful knowing I’ve got some invoices incoming but what the hell it’s Xmas.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• ★ Administrators ★

I opened my Neon Genesis Evangelion German Set last saturday 😍.

Here are some Pictures, Front has gloss on Asuka, Back on Rei and with a nice finish of the water around her. The Artboards are on very thick cardstock. All in all a very nice Box, I wish they had done a group shot as the front though, with all the Children and the Evangelions.

I watched the 1st episode already, picture quality is good, but not on the level of some other old Anime Series. I'm currently also watching The Rose of Versailles US BD release and that is another level. But Evangelion is nice. Sad about Fly Me to the Moon Song missing, but they choose good instrumental music from the series to replace it. Anyway I'm super happy to have this finally on BD.

Media Psychos - Neon Genesis Evangelion 1.JPG

Media Psychos - Neon Genesis Evangelion 2.JPG

Media Psychos - Neon Genesis Evangelion 3.JPG

Media Psychos - Neon Genesis Evangelion 4.JPG

Media Psychos - Neon Genesis Evangelion 5.JPG

Media Psychos - Neon Genesis Evangelion 6.JPG

Media Psychos - Neon Genesis Evangelion 7.JPG

Media Psychos - Neon Genesis Evangelion 8.JPG

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

Here are some Pictures, Front has gloss on Asuka, Back on Rei and with a nice finish of the water around her. The Artboards are on very thick cardstock. All in all a very nice Box, I wish they had done a group shot as the front though, with all the Children and the Evangelions.

I watched the 1st episode already, picture quality is good, but not on the level of some other old Anime Series. I'm currently also watching The Rose of Versailles US BD release and that is another level. But Evangelion is nice. Sad about Fly Me to the Moon Song missing, but they choose good instrumental music from the series to replace it. Anyway I'm super happy to have this finally on BD.

Wow!!!... It does look great!!!... I'm super excited!!!!... xD:x

• Like 3

6 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

Thanks for sharing, Nils! I'm so damn excited to get my copy in the mail, although GKIDS has informed me that it most likely won't be until next year. :( 

• Like 3

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★

Guys, finally some recognition for all Anime Fans on Media Psychos.

Excited Sailor Moon GIF

Very happy to present to you our newest award!

The Anime Collection: Otaku Collector

511687363_AnimeOtaku.png.17db1f1fb0c811516c1eed692cc5ce88.png

Thanks @Trianna 😘 and @Grendel for reaching out to me about this a long time ago 🙏

You can read all the info about it here

Participate so that it soon says

award_received_otaku_collector_blazing_cube_001.gif.bcc49a5db718b31895a6b6b7d02e530a.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

Guys, finally some recognition for all Anime Fans on Media Psychos.

Excited Sailor Moon GIF

Very happy to present to you our newest award!

The Anime Collection: Otaku Collector

511687363_AnimeOtaku.png.17db1f1fb0c811516c1eed692cc5ce88.png

Thanks @Trianna 😘 and @Grendel for reaching out to me about this a long time ago 🙏

You can read all the info about it here

Participate so that it soon says

award_received_otaku_collector_blazing_cube_001.gif.bcc49a5db718b31895a6b6b7d02e530a.gif

bf59bab0a7e667f437daec28fae065df.gif

Yes!!... We waited for so long!!...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Good Afternoon @extantsrevenge my Friend;  😀

Wow! your NGE Ultimate Set looks absolutely gorgeous!  😍

I'm so very happy the German edition turned out so wonderful and can only hope the AtA set  (and GKIDS set) does as much justice to the show.

I too was told it may arrive before end December but we'll see.

With the Mail System in full Chaos mode currently, I'd probably be just as happy with a January or February arrival, lessens the chance my box is supporting someone else's entire Encyclopedia Britannica set they've ordered...😉

I had hoped to spool up the CE set to check it out over this past week but a number of other things took precedence.

I'll get to it soon though!

Hmm, an "Anime Collection Award" you say?

I think I might have sufficient editions to qualify, need to go check...

I do hope all our friends here take opportunity to submit for it. I've seen some pretty gorgeous pics here that are most worthy indeed!

Cheers Folks!  🎅

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

^^ Well, I'm honestly trying to acquire more my Buddy @LeGonze...😉  (every bloody day I wake up, it seems....🤪 )

Ooh! that's right, I just got some more in! Maybe that will be sufficient!

I'll need to post a pic now sooner, rather than later I guess.

Or I could sell a few of them, and buy a new truck.... hmmm  🤔

Edited by Grendel
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Grendel said:

^^ Well, I'm honestly trying to acquire more my Buddy @LeGonze...😉  (every bloody day I wake up, it seems....🤪 )

Ooh! that's right, I just got some more in! Maybe that will be sufficient!

I'll need to post a pic now sooner, rather than later I guess.

Or I could sell a few of them, and buy a new truck.... hmmm  🤔

I can't wait for those pics Sensei!!... xD^_^ 

• Like 1

Hi My Friends;  😀

I just wanted to take a moment to relay, that I received a response from AtA (Anime Lmtd) to the following question;

Query;
"Will we continue to have free shipping, on orders over 100 GBP for the remainder of the Early Bird Deals?"

Response;
"Good news: our free shipping on orders over £100 remains in place until the Early Bird deals close at 5PM UK time tomorrow!"

(tomorrow being 18 Dec - 5pm UK time)

So, if there's a couple CEs in that mix you've been flipping a coin over, time to make a call.

note: many of those titles are also available at Anime On Line (UK) for reduced prices as well, though not quite as cheap as AtA.

Not precisely sure for how long though.

• Thanks 2

Hi Folks;  🙂

So, just put in my last order with AtA and felt I had to share the financial misery  joy!  😉

- Belladonna of Sadness Limited Edition + Belladonna of Sadness: A Companion Book to the 1973 Japanese Anime Cult Film

- Code Geass Film Collection Limited Edition

- Seraph of the End Complete Series Collector's Edition

Still scored the Free Shipping but stupidly sad I missed the chance to use the 10% coupon.

The VAT is removed, at least, so one saving grace.

Oh, yeah, I'll take some pics tomorrow of a few new treasures received and with luck, I might even qualify for the Anime Collector Award! 🥳

Cheers my friends

• Like 3