IGNORED

New Anime Blu-ray Release Topic

extantsrevenge

• ★ Administrators ★

card-captor-sakura-heart-eyes.gif

Thank you for the tag @Grendel. Order is in, I also finally got the 2 Welcome to the Ballroom CE (Part of the Buy 1 Get 1 Free Promo 😲) really good deal. And the MKR are super low as well so I got another Set of each Part 🤣. Great stuff. Now give me Future Boy Conan 4K as one of the Pre-Orders and I'm getting a few 🤭

I was already wondering if they do a Sale this year, so I'm already happy. The Mystery Sets are really cheap, but not knowing what you get is not really great for me.

Anyway I'm already happy

KxC8S58.gif

• Like 4

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:wow:   My heartiest GRATZ to ya @extantsrevenge  😍

Very happy to see the sturdy box your NGE UE was shipped in. I do hope all the contents are pristine my friend.

I've heard folks receiving their CEs already but you're the first I've seen receive their UE.

I see that is the German set.

I think you ordered the AtA set as well, have you received any shipping notice on it?

Regardless, if you open this one, I'm very much looking forward to pics my friend!

I'm also very happy to hear you scored the CCS set from AtA! I know how much that series means to you.

p.s. speaking of pics, ya missed a few I posted last page buddy, a little further up than where I tagged ya. 😉

Cheers!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Latest News; (from the UK Houses)  🙂

First;

Anime-Online has Cardcaptor Sakura CE up on their site for: 105 Quid.

Link:

https://www.anime-on-line.com/cardcaptor-sakura/31228-cardcaptor-sakura-complete-series-collector-s-edition-pg-blu-ray.html

While there, you may wish to check out their own Christmas sales.

It's still available at AtA for 90 Quid but did want to point out the other option.

Second;

The new CE release today at AtA is;

Silver Spoon; Pts 1-2

Link;

https://www.alltheanime.com/products/silver-spoon-complete-series-limited-edition

Last;

Also, it appears that AtA  have new additional stock in for the NGE UE set.

So if ya missed it first round but would like to jump on it, here's the link;

https://www.alltheanime.com/products/neon-genesis-evangelion-ultimate-edition-blu-ray

Cheers! 😀

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• ★ Administrators ★
11 hours ago, Grendel said:

:wow:   My heartiest GRATZ to ya @extantsrevenge  😍

Very happy to see the sturdy box your NGE UE was shipped in. I do hope all the contents are pristine my friend.

I've heard folks receiving their CEs already but you're the first I've seen receive their UE.

I see that is the German set.

I think you ordered the AtA set as well, have you received any shipping notice on it?

Regardless, if you open this one, I'm very much looking forward to pics my friend!

I'm also very happy to hear you scored the CCS set from AtA! I know how much that series means to you.

p.s. speaking of pics, ya missed a few I posted last page buddy, a little further up than where I tagged ya. 😉

Cheers!

No shipping info on the UK version yet. I was very happy to see that the German CE shipped in an extra box, this way it was very secured and amazon placed that box in a larger one so all was good. I was very concerned about the item only being thrown into a parcel without any protection. With a price of 180€ and anticipating it so much it would have been horrible to get a damaged item. Very nice to see that the company releasing this thought about this. I can only hope the UK edition will also be protected like this.

Very happy about the Sakura Set, the BOx Art is especially pretty 😍

• Like 3

I’ve just read on anime uk forums from people who have received their packages that the contents of the two mystery boxes are 

red -

full metal alchemist part one (original)

ride your wave 

dragons dentist

birthday wonderland 

blue -

children of the sea

terror in resonance 

summer days with coo

k season 1

All collectors editions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for posting the contents of the AtA "Mystery Boxes" @Mattrivers95, 👍

I find it kinda sneaky (but a good marketing move) to include only Pts-1 of some of the shows as it will no doubt spur folks into picking up the Pt-2 eds once they've seen them, heh.

I already own some type of release of all of them personally, so no desire to grab them myself but the prices they are being offered at are truly excellent.

As an example, The FMA Pt-1 and Pt-2, usually go for 48 Quid each, so yeah, getting Pt-1 and 3 other CEs to boot (all are good shows, btw), is pretty sweet.

Same with the Blue box; K; S-1 was about 35 quid solo and getting the other 3 in the box for that price is a nice deal.

Over at Anime-OnLine (AoL), not all the prices have been drastically reduced but a quick cruise will highlight some damn fine shows at damn fine prices if one takes the time to go through the listings.

For NA, AoL traditionally charges 5 quid per order, so together with the lower prices, one can make off with a nice haul (if you're Region-B capable, of course).

Cheers folks.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3

Good Evening My Friends;  🙂

Just wanted to quickly mention, that the CE released today from AtA is;

Kakegurui Season 1:  (35 Quid)

Link:

https://www.alltheanime.com/products/kakegurui-season-1-collectors-edition-blu-ray

Pic: (so sorry for the stretched view. Not sure why it does that)

Kakegurui_FrontCollectorsEdition_x1024.png?v=1638551886

This is a pretty bizarre ( but fun!) series and has already got the green light for an S-2

Sentai, in NA has hinted at a CE as well but no word of it coming anytime soon...

I'm personally hoping some of these lovely CEs last a while as I obviously can't afford a separate order (at 100 quid) every day.

My next order, I'll place the day they release the  "Blood-C; LE" and hopefully, "Boogiepop" gets announced prior, so I can include that in my purchase. 😍

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Me Again;  😉

In other news, I too received an email (actually, 2) identifying the status of my NGE UE set order.

The 1st email said, "sorry, ya didn't make the cut, expect it in January".

An hour later, I received another email stating "hmm, looks like ya did make the cut, expect it in December"

Whatever, as long as it arrives without damage...I'm in no panic.

I think I might of even preferred a February shipping, so it doesn't get the Christmas Chaos gorilla treatment.

Guess we'll see...😟

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Okay, one more;  😉

Folks, if you have not yet purchased the Re:Zero series, S-1, you are cutting yourself short, I'd suggest.

One of the most definitive 'Isekai ' shows ever created, it has pretty much everything an Anime fan could hope for in a series (except Mechs, sorry, no Mechs).

AtA has the S-1 CE up currently, for a LOT less than I paid for it; (25 quid vice 60) [ note: Region B]

Link;

https://www.alltheanime.com/products/re-zero-season-1-blu-ray-complete-collection

Pic;

rezero_frontrigid_x1024.jpg?v=1610446574

🤩

note: if you elect to purchase the NA ed instead, please ensure you purchase the combined "Complete S-1" and not the eds that were released as S-1: Pt-1 and S-1: Pt-2, as that split set has resolution issues to the vid.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• ★ Administrators ★
2 hours ago, Grendel said:

Me Again;  😉

In other news, I too received an email (actually, 2) identifying the status of my NGE UE set order.

The 1st email said, "sorry, ya didn't make the cut, expect it in January".

An hour later, I received another email stating "hmm, looks like ya did make the cut, expect it in December"

Whatever, as long as it arrives without damage...I'm in no panic.

I think I might of even preferred a February shipping, so it doesn't get the Christmas Chaos gorilla treatment.

Guess we'll see...😟

I got 2 mails too. First I was among the first 1000 then not 😅. But it's okay I can wait as long as I get a mint copy and I will open the German box soon anyway 😍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good Afternoon My Friends;  🙂

So today's AtA CE release announcement is for;

El-Hazard -The Magnificent World- OVAs 1+2 Collector's Edition Blu-ray  (35 quid)

Link:

https://www.alltheanime.com/products...dition-blu-ray

Pic:

213-BED3-B-B017-4-E54-83-B6-A9-FC95539-A

This is an older 'Isekai' (1995) with gorgeous hand-cell animation and a kick-butt soundtrack.

RightStuf has an amaray edition (Region-A) of these OVAs available and also, an amaray edition of the 1998 follow-up Anime : "El-Hazard The Alternative World"

Links;

OVAs

https://www.rightstufanime.com/El-Hazard-The-Magnificent-World-OVA-12-Collection-Blu-ray?keywords=el hazard

Anime

https://www.rightstufanime.com/El-Hazard-The-Alternative-World-Collection-Blu-ray?keywords=el hazard

🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Good Afternoon My Friends;  🙂

So today's CE release by AtA is one I've been eagerly anticipating since the sneak peek announcement video was made. 🥰

I'm also very very happy to see this announced prior to the "Blood-C" Limited Edition, forthcoming, as that will be my next purchasing date. 🥳

Boogiepop Phantom: Collector's Edition Blu-ray;  (35 quid)

Link:

https://www.alltheanime.com/products/boogiepop-phantom-collectors-edition-blu-ray

B67904-D9-3-E1-D-4448-986-F-DC1-AAAD38-A

note: ALL of these, with the exception of Blood-C, should become available at Anime On-line (UK), and possibly even Zavvi and Amz.uk as well, in the future.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

They are keeping the one I want the most for last BLOOD-C  this is what i expected happens to me all the time.

They know very well it's the one most people are looking for so keeping it as last so people will purchase other things due to FOMO.

oh no I ain't falling for this old tactic.🤭

Not spending a cent until I see blood c pop up then I'll pick it up as soon as I can along with boogie pop and Kakegurui , perhaps code gease  as well.

If any of the others sell out by that time then too bad the one I am truly after is blood c😆

Edited by Billy Talent
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

^^ Heh, good on ya @Billy Talent ! Stick to yer principles my guy!  😊

In contrast though, having Blood-C show up as a later announcement, provides opportunity for any others we may wish for, to be included in our orders.

(i.e. I can add Boogiepop to my Blood-C order) 😉

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1

Hi Folks;  🙂

Received my CE for NGE today from Shout Factory, so thought I'd toss up a pic of it with the Stnd amaray ed included.

Sorry about the glare on the box. I took about 5 pics but as I've only sliced open the side and left the shrink-wrap on it, every one had the damn glare and since you've all seen the box many times, I'm over it (kinda...) 🙁

( shown with the Std ed. beneath the CE set.)
I also received the Shiro Bako movie today, so it filled the little bottom hole nicely

CE ed , std ed, ShirBako,   50.JPG

🥰

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hi Folks;  😀

Blood - C is up at AtA !  (80 Quid)

Link;

https://www.alltheanime.com/products/blood-c-ultimate-edition-blu-ray

Pic;

image.jpeg.d2401a13d490ec4b499cdad89ab9c88c.jpeg

Attn: @Billy Talent @LeGonze @Mattrivers95 @extantsrevenge @Jiggy Higgins  @Pbsw23 @Trianna @DarthEd @Squeegie McGee @Mutantsmiley others...😀

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Thanks I placed my order but man this is the reason why I stay away from european releases they are lackluster compared to the US releases.

I am beyond disappointed in the cover artwork  no idea why they would downgrade like that.

Any other cover would be great, this is blood C right or is this an outdated blood c version I never seen before....cause that cover art looks like it belongs on the 90's.😑

Guess I only am gnna buy this because this is the only set there is.

extremely disappointed in this set I was expecting a nice one click size box blood red, perhaps some droplets dripping down, cool image of  Saya Kisarag all modern images anything but this.

gonna email them to let them know my disappointment , I know artwork ain't finale but I have no hope if this is what they are showing.😔

I shouldn't  have had high hopes  because the EU always let's me down.

hope the US rightstuffanime  or Sentai release blood c someday

31822-blood-c-300x450.jpg

d56b84t-bfdb2cf3-ec0d-4bd6-a1ac-6af6e750672d.png

This should be the cover art !!

Edited by Billy Talent
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hello again @Billy Talent my Buddy;  🙂

I understand your displeasure with the placement art but there is a chance it may be improved, as they mention "Art Not Final" but I suspect in fact, it is.

I do agree with the pic you selected above, as being a much more worthy selection. That is a really great pic!

One possibility I might suggest, depending on your creative talents, is simply slicing open the shrink-wrap on the hardbox along the side to access the contents, and leaving the protective wrap in place. Then, inserting a printed copy of that art underneath the wrapping in the front?

if the printed pic is of suitable quality and is cut to size, it could turn out very nice. 😉

Depending on the studio involved (which always has final approved art) sometimes the Retailer's hands are tied on what art they may use. This is the same for all our Premium Houses as well.

I don't think I'd quite agree that "most" UK and Euro selected artwork is inadequate though. Also, frequently I've been more impressed with the package contents from said locales over the North American offerings as well.

It's a game of course and not all play by the same rules but here's hoping the contents of the items you've selected at least meet your expectations Buddy. 👍

• Like 5

Good Afternoon My Friends;

I'm a bit late getting this up but my back is giving me severe grief today.

Anyway, today's CE release by AtA is;

Belladonna of Sadness Limited Edition 4K UHD & Blu-ray

Link;

https://www.alltheanime.com/collections/new-products-christmas-2021

I've linked to the AtA CE special full page on this one, as they are providing a variety of choices for this release;

- Bundle (CE + Book) [45 Quid]

- Just CE, [25 Quid] or

- Just the Book [30 Quid]

The book looks pretty cool, so I think I may go for the bundle, personally.

Pic;

belladonna_book_x1024.png?v=1639046121

This is an older Anime (1973 !) but a very intriguing one with many fantastical elements to it.

I'd recommend at least reading the write-up on their web-site to determine interest (and so I don't need to replicate it here...heh)

Also, I just realized I totally overlooked a previous CE release in the group;  (sorry!)

Kaiba Collector's Edition Blu-ray (35 Quid)

Link;

https://www.alltheanime.com/collections/new-products-christmas-2021/products/kaiba-collectors-edition-blu-ray

I'm not overly familiar with this cute Anime, so if anyone is and wishes to share their knowledge, I for one would appreciate hearing more!

Pic;

ANI0691ExplodedPackshotKaibaCollector_sEdition_x1024.png?v=1638462191

Cheers! (and good hunting!)  😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Grendel said:

Good Afternoon My Friends;

I'm a bit late getting this up but my back is giving me severe grief today.

Anyway, today's CE release by AtA is;

Belladonna of Sadness Limited Edition 4K UHD & Blu-ray

Link;

https://www.alltheanime.com/collections/new-products-christmas-2021

I've linked to the AtA CE special full page on this one, as they are providing a variety of choices for this release;

- Bundle (CE + Book) [45 Quid]

- Just CE, [25 Quid] or

- Just the Book [30 Quid]

The book looks pretty cool, so I think I may go for the bundle, personally.

Pic;

belladonna_book_x1024.png?v=1639046121

This is an older Anime (1973 !) but a very intriguing one with many fantastical elements to it.

I'd recommend at least reading the write-up on their web-site to determine interest (and so I don't need to replicate it here...heh)

Also, I just realized I totally overlooked a previous CE release in the group;  (sorry!)

Kaiba Collector's Edition Blu-ray (35 Quid)

Link;

https://www.alltheanime.com/collections/new-products-christmas-2021/products/kaiba-collectors-edition-blu-ray

I'm not overly familiar with this cute Anime, so if anyone is and wishes to share their knowledge, I for one would appreciate hearing more!

Pic;

ANI0691ExplodedPackshotKaibaCollector_sEdition_x1024.png?v=1638462191

Cheers! (and good hunting!)  😉

Yeah I think I’m gonna take the plunge on that belladonna ce, I’m curious though about ata’s forthcoming 4k releases and whether they contain hdr, I’ve read that it makes grain management very difficult and it’s easier to put them out in sdr instead like millenium actress. Anyway I’ve been satisfied with the others I own like akira and gits and they were pretty contentious scans.

My sales acquisitions arrived this morning so I’ve got plenty to watch over the coming weeks but I’m starting with cowboy bebop which inexplicably escaped my attention for nearly twenty five years. Also I’m thinking of making one last purchase on re zero but can you confirm your point above about the picture quality issues only applies to the split season editions and not the full season edition? Thanks in advance.

nge ce

miss koboyashi’s dragon maid

amagi brilliant park

fate stay/night ubw ce 

vampire Hunter d bloodlust 

cowboy bebop

your lie in April parts 1+2

lupin part iv

full metal panic s1 - s4

3E8714D6-6AA5-4040-80CC-EA694B049408.jpeg

366E625B-306A-4E01-9EF6-F52814B6CB51.jpeg

A345D798-347F-41D6-BCCF-CA7455504549.jpeg