IGNORED

New Anime Blu-ray Release Topic

extantsrevenge

2 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Good Evening @LeGonze;

First, I wanted to mention that I'm of course, extremely pleased to see that the Part 1 of AoT's final season is finally making its way to Blu.

As I've mentioned previous, I'm personally holding out for what I consider, the inevitable Deluxe edition that will contain the entire series.

Of course, there's always the chance it won't happen but it's like printing free money at this point for that show, so I doubt they'll pass on the consideration.

The worrisome part, is that Funi owns both the USA and the UK licences for it, so if they do not, an English friendly version could be difficult to locate.

The one shine of light I grasp at though, is they have not continued making the CEs for each season, once they sold out, they're gone, so that could also point at an inevitable all singing all dancing edition to come.

Got my toes, fingers and eyes crossed for it at least. 😉

Second, I would sincerely recommend staying as far away of that rendition of "Berserk" as humanly possible.

That's the 2016/17 version, created by Liden Films in coordination with GEMBA.

Sadly they tried to combine 2D art with 3D CG art and the two mix like oil and water.

The script follows the details of the Manga, it had to, they had Kintaro Muira (original author, R.I.P.) as overseer but the man had no say in visual production.

Is it watchable?

Yes, barely but anyone that has a strong appreciation for the Berserk franchise treats it like a diseased rat that wants to eat your eyeballs.

If you have interest in the Berserk franchise, and I'd suggest you should, since it is one of the greatest Manga ever written, then track down the either the 1997 series from OLM (Oriental Light & magic) and the film trilogy, "Golden Age Arc" by Studio 4C in 2012.

Both can be found in amaray with the '97 series getting a gorgeous Steel about 2 years ago that may be hard to find but if you do (for a decent price), that's the one to grab.

I too received an email today from Sentai regarding their 'early' Black Friday sale. I had a quick peruse earlier but will scroll through it more dutifully tonight.

Didn't look like too much on offer I don't already have but they usually have surprises in store.

Right Stuf I anticipate will be holding their BF sale beginning next week and they have a LOT of titles I'd love to see go on sale.

Possibly, perhaps even some Aniplex releases?

@Mattrivers95, I'm not too sure if MP will hold a dedicated GB for Sentai but it is possible that if you contact @Masterblaster, the USA HUB, via the "Other Media GBs" he may be able to assist. @LeGonze would no more about that than I would.

I'm in Canada, so I'd be no help to you I'm afraid Sir.

Cheers my friends.

Thanks for pointing out that’s the newer berserk, I’d assumed it was the 97 one. I can’t believe I passed on that steelbook, I didn’t know what it was at the time so I’ll have to get a second hand one soon.

• Like 2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, LeGonze said:

Sensei @Grendel do you know if theres a LE/CE of this series?? Everyone say it's great.:D

Berserk is one of my top 3 favorite anime of all time, and the art in the manga is the best I've ever seen. There is a beautiful steelbook for the original anime series (I have this one), and also a steelbook for the Golden Age Arc that was a European exclusive (I think it may have even been exclusive to Italy). FNAC was supposed to release a Golden Age Arc steelbook but it appears it was cancelled.

I can post pictures of the Berserk steelbook if you'd like

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Awards

49 minutes ago, Grendel said:

As I've mentioned previous, I'm personally holding out for what I consider, the inevitable Deluxe edition that will contain the entire series.

Of course, there's always the chance it won't happen but it's like printing free money at this point for that show, so I doubt they'll pass on the consideration.

The worrisome part, is that Funi owns both the USA and the UK licences for it, so if they do not, an English friendly version could be difficult to locate.

The one shine of light I grasp at though, is they have not continued making the CEs for each season, once they sold out, they're gone, so that could also point at an inevitable all singing all dancing edition to come.

Got my toes, fingers and eyes crossed for it at least. 😉

Yeah, I know... I was "waiting" for that Super Deluxe Premium Limited Editions Complete Series release... But just couldn't stop my self from buying these... Also, couldn't take my chances... :$xD 

Of course I will buy that Complete Set when comes out... Hopefully Beautiful... :x

By the way, I just saw that DM Mugen Train LE now has official images, and I'm a little dissapointed it doesn't come with no art cards or anything. I feel bad as I almost got the Japanese edition, wich is amazing with all kinds of stuff, but didn't had the money at the time and a couple weeks later this one came out and jumped on it. I mean, the art on the digipack looks beautiful and I'm happy it will match perfectly with the S1pt1&2 boxsets, but no cards?? Come on Aniplex!!... :(:(

816546025946_anime-demon-slayer-kimetsu-

Edited by LeGonze
  • Like 5

Hi @LeGonze🙂

Yeah, I can certainly appreciate your disappointment in the lack of supportive materials for the release.

Not rare for Aniplex, as usually an accompanying booklet is all their releases include but sometimes they go a step extra.

I am surprised that Anime Limited (UK) have yet to announce a release for the film, as they were pretty quick getting their renditions of the S-1 out the door.

I think we may still see one from them though.

Sigh, I just remembered you are not Region Free yet, so that wouldn't help ya.

I suspect the Japanese edition that is English friendly, will still be available though, should you have your heart set on extra 'naff but I haven't checked lately.

There is so much additional materials out in the wild for this series though that with a cruise about the web, you may easily find supportive artworks that interest you.

I do hope so my friend! 😀

There's gotta be an "Artbook" out by now. I think I'll do a cruise for that beast myself tonight.

I'll let you know what I find.

Cheers Buddy.

edit: Just wanted to add, that if you already have an English friendly release (of this or any show), then other supportive editions you wish to purchase don't need to be English friendly, since you can already watch the show on the edition that is.

I did this with my "Hellsing: Ultimate" deluxe set from Kimchi a few years ago.

It has an incredible assortment of extras contained within the huge box and the fact the discs aren't Eng friendly is irrelevant as I also own two other eds, that are.

So, if ya see a cool ed with lots of extras and you already have a watchable copy, go nuts! (I do, heh) 🤪

To Whit;

image.thumb.jpeg.ddc64fd4252c5d2bce9ab5d7960cadd9.jpeg

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good Evening @Jiggy Higgins🙂

I'm of course, thrilled to hear of your affection for the "Berserk" manga series and was curious if you elected to purchase the "Dark Horse" Hard Covers that are being released approx every 3-4 months?

They just released Vol 9 (I have up to #8 so far) and suspect the run will cap at around 14 Vols, ( 3 manga per Vol) in keeping with the fact that only 41 original Manga were produced before Sensei Muira's passing.

Now, there is talks of his 'Staff' possibly continuing the series but everyone is watching that with skepticism, as it would be difficult to do so for long.

In addition, there's 2 other works out there that I would highly recommend;

- Berserk: Written In Darkness; HC, by Quentin "Alt 236" Boeton, Third Editions Press ( a treatise on the entire Berserk storyline, from a fanatic[fan] pov)
- Berserk: Official Guide Book; SC, by Kentaro Miura (RIP), Dark Horse Manga publishing (Manga sized). (great for identifying 'whose who in the zoo')

(pictured with the Vol-8 HC);

image.thumb.jpeg.a59b844acea0bb0366bd8ec6d9605278.jpeg

In addition, "Tiger Labs" released an excellent LP of the OST;

image.thumb.jpeg.9e0069b1cf92a8a885f88909611f79c8.jpeg

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 5

43 minutes ago, Grendel said:

I suspect the Japanese edition that is English friendly

Yeah, it had English Subs and it was region free. I don't really care about dubbing as I never watch dubbed anime. Doesn't feel right at all. xD

And...

wow-thats-wow.gif

Amazing release by Kimchi!!!... We definitely need something like that for AoT!!... xD

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LeGonze said:

Yeah, I know... I was "waiting" for that Super Deluxe Premium Limited Editions Complete Series release... But just couldn't stop my self from buying these... Also, couldn't take my chances... :$xD 

Of course I will buy that Complete Set when comes out... Hopefully Beautiful... :x

By the way, I just saw that DM Mugen Train LE now has official images, and I'm a little dissapointed it doesn't come with no art cards or anything. I feel bad as I almost got the Japanese edition, wich is amazing with all kinds of stuff, but didn't had the money at the time and a couple weeks later this one came out and jumped on it. I mean, the art on the digipack looks beautiful and I'm happy it will match perfectly with the S1pt1&2 boxsets, but no cards?? Come on Aniplex!!... :(:(

816546025946_anime-demon-slayer-kimetsu-

Yeah it’s a shame the Japanese box set wasn’t replicated in the west, Amazon Japan still has stock but it’s difficult to tell which version you’re looking at so it’s a risky purchase. Same with violet evergarden the movie.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Evening My Friends;  🙂

Just wanted to ensure that all are aware that RightStuf has initiated their "Black Friday" Sale.

Link;

https://www.rightstufanime.com/

As has Sentai;

Link;

https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/

Attn: @extantsrevenge, @LeGonze, @Mutantsmiley, @Trianna, @DarthEd, @Mattrivers95, @Jiggy Higgins, @mjk, @Billy Talent, @Magnifly, @Hatori, @Squeegie McGee, @Hecko, @Pbsw23 and others...😀

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 6

• 2 weeks later...

Just a gentle reminder, that AllTheAnime [AtA] (aka Anime Limited) are initiating their Christmas sale tomorrow (well, tomorrow for me) on 01 Dec '21.

As mentioned in a few posts above, they have some truly beautiful CEs in the pipe and I'd hate for anyone to miss out.

To my knowledge, the only "exclusive" that will only be available from AtA, will be the Blood-C Ultimate Ed. (which I have my sights on).

The rest should become available via Zavvi / Amz.uk / possibly HMV but no guarantee or knowing when (possibly not until 2022, iaw their last Twitter Post)

I think they've got a pretty strong line-up personally and quite looking forward to this opportuntiy on a few of the titles being offered. 🤩

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Just a gentle reminder, that AllTheAnime [AtA] (aka Anime Limited) are initiating their Christmas sale tomorrow (well, tomorrow for me) on 01 Dec '21.

As mentioned in a few posts above, they have some truly beautiful CEs in the pipe and I'd hate for anyone to miss out.

To my knowledge, the only "exclusive" that will only be available from AtA, will be the Blood-C Ultimate Ed. (which I have my sights on).

The rest should become available via Zavvi / Amz.uk / possibly HMV but no guarantee or knowing when (possibly not until 2022, iaw their last Twitter Post)

I think they've got a pretty strong line-up personally and quite looking forward to this opportuntiy on a few of the titles being offered. 🤩

Cheers

I’ve been refreshing their website every 5 mins. Also MVM are starting their sale tomorrow too, I’ve got my fingers crossed for bloom into you, made in abyss, and the fate series. And bunny girl senpai. Surely one of them makes the list.

• Like 3

I thought while here, I'd post some pics of a few recent purchases that I'm very happy to finally have.

I don't know much about the "Girls in A Dungeon" series but I am a fan of the genre and the Sentai prices during the sale were too good to walk past.

These will no doubt end up with my Girls but not until after I've enjoyed them. 😉

- Wrong Girls Dungeon
- Sword Oratoria
- Arrow Of Orion
- Hot Spring

also;
- My Roommate is a Cat (looking forward to this as I'm in same scenario)

Wrong Girls Dung 1,4, RoomCat    50.JPG

🥰

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 5

So, chatting with some Anime friends, it seems I need to purchase a few previous "Mono" title to fully comprehend waz'up with the Kizo-Monos.

Just placed an order with RS for;

- Bakemonogatari  (actually a prelude to the Kizo series.
- Nekomonogatari Black  (plays into the storylne)
- Nisemonogatari  (plays into the storyline)
and,
- Space Bros: 0 (have the rest, 1-8 )

Hopefully, that should fill the bill, heh.  😉

p.s. I'm about to place a Post in the "Anime Related" sub-forum, go read it.😉

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Billy Talent said:

Anyone know where blood c is on all the anime the sale has started right or am I crazy?

I can't  find anything on that site

The early bird pre orders don’t seem to be up yet. I’ve just made a few purchases-

cowboy bebop 

full metal panic s1

full metal panic fumoffu

full metal panic invisible victory ce

vampire Hunter d ce

fate stay night ubw ce (from mvm)

was gonna get lucky star too but it sold out while it was in my cart. Incidentally, have you guys noticed kimchi are doing Your Name as a 4k wea steelbook?

• Like 5

Hi Folks;

So the way that AtA holds their Christmas sale, Over the next 12 days, a special CE will be added to the listings.

Today's add, was the two "Mystery Boxes".

Starting tomorrow, you'll see one of the special CEs added, and each day following.

Unfortunately, they will not announce in advance, which CE will be added each day, as they are hoping folks will drop by each day to check out their listings.

So for example, the CE for Blood-C,. could be added tomorrow, 5 days from now or the last one added to the listings even.

I know it's a bit frustrating but I also understand why they are doing it this way.

Also take note, that for orders over 100 Quid, North American, European, Asian, etc folks will get Free Shipping.

Last; Anime-on-Line (UK) are also having a 12 days of Christmas sale, with some noteworthy editions getting decent price cuts. 😀  !!!

( just be aware of what you order as there are a LOT of dvds in the mix!)

Link:

https://www.anime-on-line.com/3118-12-days-of-christmas

(oh, yes, I'm aware of the forthcoming Kimchi release for "Your Name". I have 3 or 4 eds of this flik already but 1 more is always a pleasure! 😍

Cheers my friends.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi Folks; 🙂

Attn: @extantsrevenge

AtA has their 1st CE up; and it's a big one!

Cardcaptor Sakura - Collector's Edition Blu-ray

Link:

https://www.alltheanime.com/products/cardcaptor-sakura-collectors-edition-blu-ray

Attn: @extantsrevenge, @LeGonze, @Mutantsmiley, @Trianna, @DarthEd, @Mattrivers95, @Jiggy Higgins, @mjk, @Billy Talent, @Magnifly, @Hatori, @Squeegie McGee, @Hecko, @Pbsw23 and others...😀

Note: Don't forget to throw a little something extra in your cart to take you over 100 Quid, for FREE Shipping.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Hi Folks; 🙂

Attn: @extantsrevenge

AtA has their 1st CE up; and it's a big one!

Cardcaptor Sakura - Collector's Edition Blu-ray

Link:

https://www.alltheanime.com/products/cardcaptor-sakura-collectors-edition-blu-ray

I’m dithering over this one, I put in another cheeky order in at ata so I think I’m spent up, with invoices imminent for ww84 and goonies. I might have to wait and pay full price later, or just get a standard release when it arrives eventually. Have you seen the show before? It’s been  getting quite a lot of buzz recently. Latest purchases-

full metal panic second raid

lupin part iv 

you lie in April parts 1+2

Edited by Mattrivers95
  • Like 3

Hi @Mattrivers95🙂

Of course each to their own tastes but the CCS set is a pretty remarkable bundle at the price it is being offered for.

Cardcaptor Sakura is a "Magical Girl" show and is quite distinctive in the genre for the beautiful visuals and the coherent script.

Yes, I've watched it and thought it a wonderful show.

I'm more in the "Madoka Magica" camp when it comes to Magical Girls personally, as that series is a bit more gruesome and quite eerie.

My CCS singles have all been sent to my Grand-Daughter and she absolutely adores the show!

Yes I bought this set, as I enjoy it as well however eventually I may trade this set for the older singles my G-D has as I know she would love this set.

CCS is extremely popular though and even the NA amaray singles usually sold out as fast as they appeared.

I have no doubts this will sell out as well.

I also anticipate it being offered by both Amz.uk and Zavvi however, I doubt it will come up there until 2022 and probably not at the sale price.

If you have no interest in Magical Girls, it's probably not a great investment of your coin though. 😉

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hi again Folks;  🙂

So, my order today from AtA came out to; 112 Quid:

- Cardcaptor Sakura - Collector's Edition Blu-ray  :  75 Quid

- Princess Arete - Blu-ray/DVD Collector's Edition  :  Free ( as part of buy 1 get 1 deal with TSE below)

- Twin Star Exorcists Parts 1-4 Blu-ray bundle (Box Set)  :  17 Quid (awesome deal!!)

- Tamako Market + Tamako Love Story Complete Blu-ray Collector's Edition  :  21 Quid

🥰

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 11/30/2021 at 5:15 PM, Grendel said:

In addition;

- Gurren Lagann (Aniplex)
- Yokai Monsters (Arrow)
- Kizumonogatari (1-3) (Aniplex)

GurLag,Yokai,KizuMon1,3    50.JPG

KizuMono 1,3   50.JPG

Love my Vampire stories...

🥰

Gurren Lagann is one of my favorite anime series! How do you feel about the quality of the box set? Is there any interesting texturing or gloss on the box?

• Like 2

Awards

Good Evening @Jiggy Higgins🙂

The Aniplex (NA) set for Gurren Lagann is a lovely set but not really much for bells and whistles.

The Out-box is beautifully glossed and the title is quite brilliant but no embossing or debossing. (the gray band is removable, of course)

The 3 Amarays are quite nice, with gorgeous artwork both outside and inside.

The set contains the full series + the films.

This is a clone of the Aniplex (Japan) set so quality of the shows is of course, stellar.

I was kinda hoping there would be a booklet included, like the Jp set but there's a wealth of extras on-disc so no biggie.

The Jp set is a bit more extravagant but then, it's x3 the price (and not English friendly)

Here's a pic Buddy;  😍

(as always, left click on pic for a much better viewing)

Grn Lgnn set   50.JPG

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Grendel said:

Hi again Folks;  🙂

So, my order today from AtA came out to; 112 Quid:

- Cardcaptor Sakura - Collector's Edition Blu-ray  :  75 Quid

- Princess Arete - Blu-ray/DVD Collector's Edition  :  Free ( as part of buy 1 get 1 deal with TSE below)

- Twin Star Exorcists Parts 1-4 Blu-ray bundle (Box Set)  :  17 Quid (awesome deal!!)

- Tamako Market + Tamako Love Story Complete Blu-ray Collector's Edition  :  21 Quid

🥰

Yeah I like the look and sound of ccs it’s just the timing, I’ve got nichijou, hyouka, and death parade coming up this month too, I dunno I could cancel dp for a month I suppose. I need to mull it over.
Glad to see you snagged tamako market for that price, I bought it at full price in august and it’s still money well spent, it seems to be one of kyoani less discussed works along with amagi brilliant park. I’ve watched it through a few times already.

Edited by Mattrivers95
  • Like 3