IGNORED

New Anime Blu-ray Release Topic

extantsrevenge

I think the next 'BIG' sale we see in the near future, will be around "Black Friday" time frame, so that should give us a bit of a breath to collect our thoughts, make plans and save up some coin.

There are a few noteworthy items that are currently on "pre-order price-savings" sale though at AtA (aka, Anime Limited) and Anime-On-Line (both UK sites)  I thought I'd mention (some also out already);

AtA: (link) - https://www.alltheanime.com/collections/pre-orders

- Future Diary (aka Mirai Niki), CE; 42 quid vice 60

- Castlevania, S-2, CE; 40 quid vice 60

- Violet Evergarden: Memory Doll film, CE; 40 quid vice 45

- Samurai Flamenco, CE; 42 quid vice 60

* - Black Lagoon, CE; 45 quid vice 70 (awesome, incredible, bloody genius series! um yeah, it's good too) [pre-order price ends, 22 Oct!]

- Patema Inverted; amaray but 10 quid vice 25

- Psycho-Pass: Sinners of the System, CE (aka S-3); 42 quid vice 60 (out now)

AOL: (link) - https://www.anime-on-line.com/3045-Collector-s-Editions

*- Death Parade, CE; 45 quid vice 60 (awesome series)

- K-On, LE; 38 quid vice 50

- Nichijou, CE; 49 quid vice 65 (comedy GOLD!)

- Black Lagoon, CE; 49 quid vice 60 (but cheaper shipping)

- Re:Zero, S-1, CE; 48 quid vice 60

**- Violet Evergarden: Memory Doll film, CE; 36 quid vice 45 (actually a better deal than AtA, esp with cheaper shipping!)

- Violet Evergarden (series) CE; 56 quid vice 70

I'll check out the NA sites soon. 🙂

Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, LeGonze said:

First package received from that Target Sale…

S1 and S3 were OOS so couldn’t get it, but added Perfect Blue and Your Name. 🤓🤓

Package 2 should arrive tomorrow… 😬😬

D65E7F14-96C4-44D1-A7D0-4EEC884E342C.jpeg

8CC6BB14-D540-4EF4-B4E1-AC5BEC0CFE9D.jpeg

That your name steel is a doozy. Good luck locating s1+3, they can be found on Amazon uk if you’re region free.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Mattrivers95 said:

That your name steel is a doozy.

Maaaan!!... Looks beautiful in hand... Amazing effects... :x

4 minutes ago, Mattrivers95 said:

Good luck locating s1+3, they can be found on Amazon uk if you’re region free.

Thanks buddy... Those are still available on Best Buy... Even a guy at Target told me that they expect to be restock there too... ^_^

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LeGonze said:

First package received from that Target Sale…

S1 and S3 were OOS so couldn’t get it, but added Perfect Blue and Your Name. 🤓🤓

Package 2 should arrive tomorrow… 😬😬

D65E7F14-96C4-44D1-A7D0-4EEC884E342C.jpeg

8CC6BB14-D540-4EF4-B4E1-AC5BEC0CFE9D.jpeg

Good luck on your hunt! I was tempted to buy the DBZ steels that were in stock, but I don't have the energy to hunt the others down right now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Awards

^^ Wonderful new treasures @LeGonze! 🤩

Oh dear, you're a braver man then me getting in to tracking down all the Dragonball.   🥶

Though I watched a significant amount of it while my Daughter was growing up, by the time the dvds rolled out, they were a FLOOD, one coming out almost every week to make up for lost time it seemed and, so, I didn't even try to catch up, heh (especially with the price of dvds then).

Great series(s) although I'm not caught up on the latest incarnations.

Picture perfect pair of Steels ya got there as well Buddy! 🥰

Well done!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anime Mailday guys!!… 😬😬🤓🤓

eBay:

Attack on Titan Season 1 part 1 Limited Edition.

Funimation Shop:

Attack on Titan Season 1 part 2 Limited Edition. (I thought this part came with the box that holds both parts of S1, but it came just like that. Do you know how can I get that box sensei @Grendel??)

Target “Pay 2 get 1 free” Sale:

Attack on Titan Season 2 Limited Edition.

Attack on Titan Season 3 part 1 Limited Edition.

Steins Gate; 0 Limited Edition.

If you haven’t seen AoT yet, go tonight to Funimation or Crunchyroll or any Anime Stream app and watch the first episode. That’s all you need… 😎😎😬

I’m Super excited for S4 part 2 that will be aired on January… 😬😬

6AA5A352-FFE6-4589-8528-17DBEF8E3F5C.jpeg

• Like 4

@LeGonze  @Billy Talent @Grendel   @extantsrevenge  @mjk @Jiggy Higgins

Zavvi are having a sale on manga/funimation at the moment, only standard releases but I’ve picked up amagi brilliant park and miss koboyashi dragon maid by kyoani. I was gonna get yuri on ice, Hunter x Hunter, and fairy tail too but Zavvi have just charged me for evangelion a month early so I have to be careful this month.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Mattrivers95 said:

@LeGonze  @Billy Talent @Grendel   @extantsrevenge  @mjk @Jiggy Higgins

Zavvi are having a sale on manga/funimation at the moment, only standard releases but I’ve picked up amagi brilliant park and miss koboyashi dragon maid by kyoani. I was gonna get yuri on ice, Hunter x Hunter, and fairy tail too but Zavvi have just charged me for evangelion a month early so I have to be careful this month.

Thank you for the tag.

Why did they charge you that early?

• Like 1

Hi Folks;  🙂

You may by now already be aware @Mattrivers95but Zavvi in fact did receive stock early and your item should be shipped either already or very soon. 😉

Also, since Zavvi did hold a 1 day (I think) sale price at 80 quid, hopefully that's the charge you'll see as they promise "lowest price" for final.

Not sure if "Shout!" in the USA is getting stock early (no notice for me yet anyway).

Hi @LeGonze; 🙂

So ya couldn't help yourself and ordered the CEs for AoT I see?

They look lovely my friend but I'm afraid I'm not aware of where you might seek out the larger CE box, as I have not been keeping tabs on them.

I'm still waiting to see if they release an all-singing-all-dancing LE/CE for the entire series, which is my fondest hope.

I feel confident SOMEONE will do it (with Eng sub/dub), if not USA, possibly England, Germany, Italy, France, Oz, even Japan. Hoping....🥺

Nice grab on Stein's Gate Zero buddy. I do hope you have/will watch the S-1 first though, as it's far easier to tell who's who in the zoo from that one. 😀

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Hi @LeGonze; 🙂

So ya couldn't help yourself and ordered the CEs for AoT I see?

Yeah Sensei... It was a great deal so I couldn't resist. These are actually LE. But yeah I totally looooove AoT...xD

45 minutes ago, Grendel said:

I'm afraid I'm not aware of where you might seek out the larger CE box, as I have not been keeping tabs on them.

The S1 pt2 supposed to come with that box that holds both parts of S1, but it didn't come like that. Seems like Funimation Shop had excedent stock of that... I don't really know but now I need to hunt for it... :/

46 minutes ago, Grendel said:

'm still waiting to see if they release an all-singing-all-dancing LE/CE for the entire series, which is my fondest hope.

I feel confident SOMEONE will do it (with Eng sub/dub), if not USA, possibly England, Germany, Italy, France, Oz, even Japan. Hoping....🥺

Yeah me too!!... And believe me... I'll get that one too!!!... I'm just obssesed with this one... :xxD

47 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Nice grab on Stein's Gate Zero buddy. I do hope you have/will watch the S-1 first though, as it's far easier to tell who's who in the zoo from that one. 😀

I havent't seen any of this series. Just grab it as it was available and it was "free" on that Target 3x2 sale. xDxD  But yeah, i've read great things about it.

• Like 5

Hi Folks;

Just wanted to quickly mention, I went a bit nuts at the AoL site last night and since misery (😉) loves company;

Ordered:

- Black Lagoon: LE, 41 quid
- Death Parade: LE, 37 quid
- Megalobox: S-1, CE, 40 quid
- Nichijou: LE, 41 quid
- FMA (orig): CE, Pts 1-2, 80 quid total

- Skull Man: dvd ( no Blu yet), 18 quid.

Also, two of my Sentai orders from their last big sale just arrived.

Another case where one order got snagged by Canada Customs ($45Cdn on a $254Usd purchase), the other breezed through (~same value).

I'll have pics up soon, just cataloguing them into my db (just a simple but effective Excel chart) at the moment.

(which I cannot emphasize strongly enough for folks to develop! Not just to keep track but also for insurance proof of purchase).

For insurance, also main reason I take group photos of my collection items as they arrive.

Cheers! 🥰

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Create a database !

I'm gonna take a moment and lean hard into developing a database for your Blu-rays.

As mentioned above, it doesn't need to be overly complicated, just a simple spreadsheet works fine.

I originally was using Microsoft Access (db program) but it has so many depths and layers to it that I felt it was overkill.

I therefore simply used a spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel in my case) and it works admirably.

My Title Block Columns are titled as follows;

Title / Year / Format / Region / Release / Box Style / Film 0r TV / Genre / Comments / My Rating / Rare

Whereas;

Title: Self explanatory but I add if similar title used elsewhere (i.e. Terminator) which one (i.e. I/II/III/IV etc)

Year: Of film release ideally but sometimes of the Blu's release if film sat for a while on a shelf before release

Format: essentially either DVD or Blu

Region: NTSC (NA) R-A or PAL (Europe) R-B, etc

Release: Single / Sequel / Series (refers to the "film" not the contents of the box, see below))

Box Style: Single / Combo (more than one different film) / Set (for a series) / Special (if a Premium or Boutique with special pkging) : ( refers to contents of the box)

Film or TV: pretty simple

Genre: i.e. Comedy, Western, Documentary, Drama, Fantasy, History (based on), Horror, Musical, Sci-Fi, War, other?

Comments: I.e. Release Company, Steelbook, Digipack, Spec ed, anything special and then, brief synopsis on the story/plot

My Rating: * up to *****! , depending on my love for flik, not what others think

Rare: if a Premium release, it gets noted here.

If you have yet to develop a database of some sort my friends, I highly recommend you do so and do it before your collection reaches into the thousands or you may wish you had.

Cheers!

🥰

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler
51 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Hi Folks;

Just wanted to quickly mention, I went a bit nuts at the AoL site last night and since misery (😉) loves company;

Ordered:

Another case where one order got snagged by Canada Customs ($45Cdn on a $254Usd purchase), the other breezed through (~same value).

I'll have pics up soon, just cataloguing them into my db (just a simple but effective Excel chart) at the moment.

(which I cannot emphasize strongly enough for folks to develop! Not just to keep track but also for insurance proof of purchase).

For insurance, also main reason I take group photos of my collection items as they arrive.

Cheers! 🥰

Hey @Grendel I would like to know from you observation since you know quite a bit of this genre, what are the more serious anime (not the cartoonish, silly, etc.)? 🧐

I would like to research some that would have some drama/mystery/crime drama/Sci-fi/good horror, etc. types! :)

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

Good Evening @Veum🙂

Oh boy, that's a tall order my friend.

Not that it's a complicated question, just that there are so many shows out there that can fulfill your interests I think, heh.

Regardless, I'll try to provide you a few titles for starters that are at least easy enough to track down currently.

Whether or not you elect to seek out spec eds of said titles, I'll leave in your hands, Buddy.

Also, I may give a few words on plotline but not always. Pretty simple to google them all. 😉

note: (I placed an asterisk in front of most noteworthy)

So, let's start with;

Action and Intrigue:

*- Attack on Titan: (as it is the current most popular out there you can pick up)

*- Demon Slayer: another huge title that is ripping up all the charts

*- Akira: older sci-fi classic that is a "classic" for a reason, must get.

*- Sword Of The Stranger: incredible katana swordplay!

*- Blade Of The Immortal: also incredible swordplay but totally different plot.

*- Ninja Scroll: older show with more incredible swordplay, with again, a unique plot

Horror/Dark Fantasy:

*- Hellsing (Ultimate): Vampire Hunter hunts bad vamps and Nazis, not for the timid! ("Ultimate" is the re-do (preferred) after manga finally ended)

*- Vampire Hunter D : also sequel Vamp D  Blood Lust; similar to the Snypes film "Blade" but much better! (Medieval setting of sorts)

*- Berserk:  sword for hire has significant hurdles to overcome, both human and demon (NOT the 2016/17 version!)

- Fate (series): Many incarnations but starting with "Fate: Zero" is best bet. Hot chicks battle each other and demons

- Castlevania: not actually an Anime but great animation. Guy on quest to kill Dracula and Brood. Netflix = if ya wanna check it out first.

- Elfen Lied: another "classic" essentially sci-fi, about a young girl with exceptional, homicidal powers. Hugely impactful.

Sci-Fi:

*- Fullmetal Alchemist: "Original" and "Brotherhood" though "Brotherhood" is the better show for new viewers as it's more complete wrt the Manga.

- Steins Gate: S-1 to start. Scientist invents a microwave that can send messages backward and forward in time.

*- Cowboy BeBop: another "classic" about a merc group of Bounty Hunters in space. Required viewing.

- Outlaw Star: similar to above but different. really great funny moments but pretty action packed!

*- Psycho Pass: great crime/sci-fi premise with future tech embellished. S-1 is best but S-2 and S-3 are pretty good, so is film.

*- Neon Genesis; Evangelion: older show just now getting a Blu release. Standard amaray is decently priced.

- No Guns Life: sci-fi gumshoe/P.i. drama. The guy protag has a gun, for a head. Played straight, good "film noir" style to it.

Okay, I could go on for an hour my Buddy but I think the titles above, should you show passing interest in this incredible art-style (not genre), will prove as a great jumping on platform.

Keep in mind, the "Black Friday sales" are coming and Amazon, Target, Best Buy, Zavvi and a host of other retailers will no doubt have some worthwhile anime titles on sale.

As for the Dedicated Anime Retailers, I'll provide links once again;

RightStuf (USA) - https://www.rightstufanime.com/

Sentai (USA) - https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/

Funimation (USA) - https://www.funimation.com/new-releases/

AllTheAnime (aka Anime Lmtd) [UK] - https://www.alltheanime.com/

Anime-On-Line (AoL) [UK] - https://www.anime-on-line.com/

Let me know if you have queries on specific titles Buddy but as far as tracking them down... well, yer a big-ol-boy now, heh. 😉

Others: Please bear in mind, these are not recommendations for everyone (except of course, they are, heh) I'm (relatively) familiar with @Veum preferred viewing so of course, others may have different lists and I'm sure he would love to see them!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I thought it quite interesting and perhaps worthwhile, to link an older Youtube vid from a guy that has been in the game a very long time.

Essentially, he discusses "older shows" and how though they may not still genrate the buzz in the community they once did, they held spotlight at the time for a reason.

They were (ARE) pretty damn good;  😍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Grendel said:

Hi Folks;

Ordered:

Cheers! 🥰

Yes it seems nge is already shipping out to many people already, I’d just started a rewatch on dvd with the subs too. I’ll definitely be getting nichijou too, that’s another kyoani show I haven’t seen, along with hyouka. I’ve noticed Zavvi have steel books for goblin slayer and darling in franxx, I haven’t seen those either and heard they’re quite controversial so I might watch the first few eps on funimation if they’re on. They don’t seem like safe blind buys.

• Like 2

Spoiler
21 hours ago, Grendel said:

Good Evening @Veum🙂

Oh boy, that's a tall order my friend.

Not that it's a complicated question, just that there are so many shows out there that can fulfill your interests I think, heh.

Regardless, I'll try to provide you a few titles for starters that are at least easy enough to track down currently.

Whether or not you elect to seek out spec eds of said titles, I'll leave in your hands, Buddy.

Also, I may give a few words on plotline but not always. Pretty simple to google them all. 😉

note: (I placed an asterisk in front of most noteworthy)

So, let's start with;

Action and Intrigue:

*- Attack on Titan: (as it is the current most popular out there you can pick up)

*- Demon Slayer: another huge title that is ripping up all the charts

*- Akira: older sci-fi classic that is a "classic" for a reason, must get.

*- Sword Of The Stranger: incredible katana swordplay!

*- Blade Of The Immortal: also incredible swordplay but totally different plot.

*- Ninja Scroll: older show with more incredible swordplay, with again, a unique plot

Horror/Dark Fantasy:

*- Hellsing (Ultimate): Vampire Hunter hunts bad vamps and Nazis, not for the timid! ("Ultimate" is the re-do (preferred) after manga finally ended)

*- Vampire Hunter D : also sequel Vamp D  Blood Lust; similar to the Snypes film "Blade" but much better! (Medieval setting of sorts)

*- Berserk:  sword for hire has significant hurdles to overcome, both human and demon (NOT the 2016/17 version!)

- Fate (series): Many incarnations but starting with "Fate: Zero" is best bet. Hot chicks battle each other and demons

- Castlevania: not actually an Anime but great animation. Guy on quest to kill Dracula and Brood. Netflix = if ya wanna check it out first.

- Elfen Lied: another "classic" essentially sci-fi, about a young girl with exceptional, homicidal powers. Hugely impactful.

Sci-Fi:

*- Fullmetal Alchemist: "Original" and "Brotherhood" though "Brotherhood" is the better show for new viewers as it's more complete wrt the Manga.

- Steins Gate: S-1 to start. Scientist invents a microwave that can send messages backward and forward in time.

*- Cowboy BeBop: another "classic" about a merc group of Bounty Hunters in space. Required viewing.

- Outlaw Star: similar to above but different. really great funny moments but pretty action packed!

*- Psycho Pass: great crime/sci-fi premise with future tech embellished. S-1 is best but S-2 and S-3 are pretty good, so is film.

*- Neon Genesis; Evangelion: older show just now getting a Blu release. Standard amaray is decently priced.

- No Guns Life: sci-fi gumshoe/P.i. drama. The guy protag has a gun, for a head. Played straight, good "film noir" style to it.

Okay, I could go on for an hour my Buddy but I think the titles above, should you show passing interest in this incredible art-style (not genre), will prove as a great jumping on platform.

Keep in mind, the "Black Friday sales" are coming and Amazon, Target, Best Buy, Zavvi and a host of other retailers will no doubt have some worthwhile anime titles on sale.

As for the Dedicated Anime Retailers, I'll provide links once again;

RightStuf (USA) - https://www.rightstufanime.com/

Sentai (USA) - https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/

Funimation (USA) - https://www.funimation.com/new-releases/

AllTheAnime (aka Anime Lmtd) [UK] - https://www.alltheanime.com/

Anime-On-Line (AoL) [UK] - https://www.anime-on-line.com/

Let me know if you have queries on specific titles Buddy but as far as tracking them down... well, yer a big-ol-boy now, heh. 😉

Others: Please bear in mind, these are not recommendations for everyone (except of course, they are, heh) I'm (relatively) familiar with @Veum preferred viewing so of course, others may have different lists and I'm sure he would love to see them!

Just saw your reply buddy @Grendel thank you! 😊 

Sesame Street Reaction GIF by HBO Max

I meant to ask you if there are any at all anime Westerns? 🧐 

Meme Think GIF

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mattrivers95 said:

I’ve noticed Zavvi have steel books for goblin slayer and darling in franxx, I haven’t seen those either and heard they’re quite controversial so I might watch the first few eps on funimation if they’re on. They don’t seem like safe blind buys.

I did exactly this and yup, not my cup of tea. I had to drop my preorder for Goblin Slayer. Definitely doesn't worth that much ($39.99) for me. 

Darlin in Franxx has an unbearable and ridiculous way to interconnect that I just dropped the show. 

• Like 1

Hi @Veum🙂

As for "Westerns";

Not 'as such' do any spring to mind, (not a lot of cattle ranches in Japan) although there are a few that take place in turn-of-the century (1900) time-frame, they don't have an actual 'cowboy feel' to them.

One recent show however, come pretty dang close;

Appare Ran-man which is sorta like a combo of "The Great Race" or "Those Men in Their Jaunty Jalopies" and "The OK Corral" fliks, heh.

I plan on getting it myself as it looks to be a hoot.

RightStuf has it up for sale: ($49 Usd) but I won't be surprised if it makes it into a Black Friday sale. 😀

Link;

https://www.rightstufanime.com/APPARE-RANMAN-Blu-ray

Art:

APPARE-RANMAN! Blu-ray

Edited by Grendel
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LeGonze said:

I did exactly this and yup, not my cup of tea. I had to drop my preorder for Goblin Slayer. Definitely doesn't worth that much ($39.99) for me. 

Darlin in Franxx has an unbearable and ridiculous way to interconnect that I just dropped the show. 

Thanks, I think I’ll dodge these two then, at least on disc.

• Like 1