Manta Lab Dunkirk (Manta Lab Exclusive #16) (WEA Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

Scary Hair

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

Though not a fullslip, the backside of the Captain Marvel lenticular was a little underwhelming compared to this Manta.

Well... I agree it’s not their best... But You can’t compare the backside of a Lenti to a Fullslip... xD

You will not be disappointed with a WeET Fullslip... Trust me... I’m a LentiLover... ;)

Edited by LeGonze
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

I would need to be sold on Weet. Though not a fullslip, the backside of the Captain Marvel lenticular was a little underwhelming compared to this Manta.

Every time I look at this Manta slip I notice something new - just a hint of foil in "Dunkirk" 😁

Workaholics GIF

Yeah well I mean, you buy a lenti for the lenti and a fullslip for the details. All you need in order to be sold on WeET is 1 fullslip. Either of the capt marvel will do

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

aXgw98z_460s.jpg

I do love both of them to be fair. In my DC collections, from HDZeta I get lenticulars, I try my best to get single lentis but sometimes the design does sway me on whether it's a double lenti or not, so my HDZeta DC collection is a bit Frankenstinian. I do love the full-slip type backs of the single lentis, overall my ideal collection from them would be single lentis with the full slip backs with the current designs that I own. It' slightly frustrating not having the uniformity I'd ideally like, especially Man of Steel being the sole fullslip in that lineup. I just couldn't buy a Man of Steel lenti from HDzeta, absolute awful design usage on the lenti's, frustratingly.

But with Mantalabs DC lineup, for the most part barring two perhaps, I 100 percent prefer the full slip designs. So this is my uniform collection of DC and I'm sticking to it. In releases that aren't DC from Manta I just typically go with which design is better, although I'd prefer to just have a full suite of FS's from them, instances for me for example with Shape of Water and Fight Club and Seven I just couldn't get the full slips of them when I enjoy the lenti's a lot better. So it's annoying, I have to battle my preference of design with the desire to have a uniform collection, and I really don't want to collect every version from every film just to subdue that, so I think I'm walking a line that suits myself despite these frustrations.

So that's how I've managed to combat my love for both. But man, those Manta fullslips, they make you you want to touch them, move them around, inspect each corner of the slip and enjoy all of the extremely well-thought out design that goes into them. The Aquaman and Justice League slips are like Black Philip looking at me when I'm about to order asking "Would'st thou like to live deliciously?"

Speaking of, please Manta, fullslip A24 titles, a fullslip The Witch, The Lighthouse, Hereditary, Midsommar, omg... 

• Like 5

Awards

My copy arrived on Wednesday, and just to make sure that there is no bad blood: I didn't order via Group Buy (I never do, if I can get the edition directly - so only Filmarena, Blufans and some American Releases will be Group Buys with me :D ), but directly via Collectong, so naturally it's a little bit faster for me. And as usually, I'll share my photos with you to sweeten your waiting time, but before I do, some general words on the release and my personal opinion:

1. I opted for the Fullslip, though my favorite regarding the pictures was the double lenticular fullslip, which I did not choose due to the missing UHD disk. What I disliked from the Fullslip was the title placement, which I would have done differently (either on the top, or the bottom). In hand however the title works quite well because it stands out due to some rainbowy-reflective properties that are hard to describe, and unfortunately also hard to capture an camera. Also the rest of the finish is absolutely gorgeous!
  2. The Lenticular sticker has a new property: It is coted with a small pastic film, that makes it smooth. I totally like that, it feels much better, and it is hardly visible. I wonder if they'll do the same with their Lenticular editions? It definately makes the surface feel much better.
  3. For your SEALD collectors: Open the protective bag and you can take out the J-Card and the lenticular sitcker without unsealing the fullslip (but who would do such absurdity and never take out the gorgeous steelbook?
  4. The gorgeous steelbook is really that: gorgeous. I cannot tell you why, it seems like nothing special on the pictures and the packet shot, but it looks really elegant making it really georgeous. It has the same quality that the Man of Steel steelbook has - it's a real beauty and one of the best steelbooks I had in my hands this year.
  5. While the booklet is actually just a simple photo booklet, we do get some picture captions and a lot of behind the scenes footage, so again a lot of love from me for that.
  6. Inside the steelbook we get a third disk in a sleeve wich is a bit strange. But I like it. The paper is slightly translucent, and feels like waxed paper, which somehow gives it an elegent quality. The envelope is of the same paper. This really fits the color scheme and pictures on the envelopes, and I really like this.

All in all I am really pleased with this release. And I hope everyone who preoredered one, will be too. I'd love to see some pictures from the guys getting the other releases. Here are mine for the fullslip:

20201112_115407.jpg

20201112_115355.jpg

20201112_115605.jpg

20201112_115945.jpg

20201112_115957.jpg

20201112_120003.jpg

20201112_120031.jpg

20201112_120045.jpg

20201112_120316.jpg

20201112_120351.jpg

20201112_120406.jpg

20201112_120525.jpg

20201112_120533.jpg

20201112_120555.jpg

20201112_120601.jpg

20201112_120630.jpg

20201112_120724.jpg

20201112_120816.jpg

20201112_120942.jpg

20201112_121114.jpg

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, pygospa said:

All in all I am really pleased with this release. 

I am too, I got the fullslip and the DL and the fullslip is so much better. When the art was revealed I was a little underwhelmed (which is why I didnt get a OC) but now that I have it, i love it, i dont think they could've done it any better. I absolutely love the steelbook as well

I didnt notice the thing about the lenticular card as I didn't pay much attention to it but I'll check it out when I get a chance. I like the sound of "smooth lenticular"

• Like 4

@DodgyDave presuming hong kong out to UK is really backed up?

reason i ask this my last tracking was

2020-11-04 16:13
HK, Handed over to carrier / Left for destination

and nothing more than that was 2 weeks ago, its like its all jammed up and can't move. 

but you will here move than me with whats moving and whats not 👍

cheers

basil 👍

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, Basil said:

@DodgyDave presuming hong kong out to UK is really backed up?

reason i ask this my last tracking was

2020-11-04 16:13
HK, Handed over to carrier / Left for destination

and nothing more than that was 2 weeks ago, its like its all jammed up and can't move. 

but you will here move than me with whats moving and whats not 👍

cheers

basil 👍

No. I know no more than you do. 
The problems are still the amount of aeroplanes that are actually flying. In this climate you really do have to allow a lot more time for things to arrive. Clearly they are being delivered around the world. So presumably yours will turn up at some point. 
Some 1917 only turned up last week in UK, so I wouldn’t be overly concerned yet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1