IGNORED

SECRET SANTA 2022

R1s1ngs0n

On 12/30/2022 at 10:35 AM, BreakBeatDJ said:

MEDIAPSYCHOS SECRET SANTA 2022

Thanks to the amazing @R1s1ngs0n for organizing this whole process.  I hope it's apparent to you that you are facilitating relationships around the world with this project you so effortlessly seem to manage, and I am truly grateful.

(If you don't read this entire post, please at least read the first section if you have time.)

My Secret Santa is a longtime and much valued member here, @Grendel.  Jeff and I had a brief exchange several months ago discussing lobby card collecting.  Other than that, I believe we were both casual readers of each other's posts. So, it was with absolute amazement that he entrusted me . . . yes, that's right, entrusted me . .  with the below gift.

The movie Allied tells the story of a Royal Canadian Air Force pilot played by Brad Pitt.  Jeff and his father were both members of this branch of the Canadian military.  In the note that accompanied my Secret Santa gifts, Jeff explained how Allied was a much loved movie for him.  When this Filmarena version came out, he bought two copies; one for himself and one for his father.  Unfortunately, his father passed before he could give it to him.

Needless to say, I was deeply humbled and moved that he would give this copy intended for his dad to me.  There really are no words.  I was absolutely stunned.   I told Jeff I would laminate his letter in a way it could be folded neatly and put inside this box set.  It will never leave my collection in my lifetime.  But when it eventually does, Jeff's note and the story of its true value will go with it.

Had he simply given me this wonderful OC from FAC without the accompanying note, it would have been an amazingly generous gift from a wonderful person.  But with the story that goes with it, it becomes something else, and the details of the edition itself seem less important than the meaning it holds.

I'm truly honored by this gift from a dear friend.  It has been an absolute pleasure getting to know you, Jeff, through our many emails during this process.  And please know that this incredibly beautiful FAC One-Click of Allied will always have a place of respect in my collection.

1447262909_20221229MPSecretSantaAlliedIMG_2930.thumb.jpg.1c3f050c21402791f351e07acd5adc76.jpg

When Jeff and I were initially discussing this process, I requested something from him:  What would you like me to have that is part of your joy of collecting?  I explained that I buy gifts for myself, from my own mind, regularly.  What I really wanted from him was a gift from the mind of @Grendel.

He did not disappoint.

Jeff has an encyclopedic knowledge of dragons.  His collection is extensive.  That's why I am so thrilled and thankful to have this amazing figure purchased for me by such an advanced and generous collector.  It is an area of collecting unknown to me, and I am thrilled to add this to my very small collection of figures.

The below is the Ice Dragon, one of the Dragon Clans, from the Fall of the Dragon Kingdom.  The detail is absolutely amazing.  I've already decided to replace my 1/24 scale 1970 Datsun 240z that sits on my desk at my coloring suite, with this fearsome, beautiful, wonderfully thoughtful gift.  It will hopefully intimidate and frighten my clients so that they aren't such a pain in my ass!  

650397272_20221229MPSecretSantaDragonIMG_2954.thumb.jpg.f43e9e6672c93528b9709a04dfdde209.jpg

As if the above wasn't enough, there was yet more generosity from this wonderful gentleman.

• GREEK SEASONINGS - Between my homemade Souvlaki, Tzatziki sauce, and Gyros, this will get used.  I was thrilled to receive a new culinary ingredient to explore

• SOUR CHERRY JAM - I believe this tasty jam will sit perfectly on my Ezekiel toast

• THE ART OF WAR - What an amazing edition of this timeless classic, It will go well with my Folio Society edition.

• KARLOFF AT COLUMBIA BLURAY - Early 40s Karloff Mad Doctor cycle (and others), WITH a new commentary?  Yes, please and thank you.

• REGIONAL TREATS AND SNACKS - There are no pics of the candies and the Hickory Sticks Jeff sent, because they did not make it long after opening

image.thumb.jpeg.2c5d318c01234865157b26632b98a4bf.jpeg

My first secret Santa on MP was an amazing one.  @Grendel there are no words to express my deep gratitude for your generosity.  You are a prince, my friend.  This experience has far exceeded my expectations.  I hope you had a very merry Christmas and you have a happy, peaceful, healthy, and prosperous new year.

Mark @BreakBeatDJ

😳 @BreakBeatDJ what a truly wonderful post of those amazing gifts your extremely considerate Secret Santa Jeff gave you, enjoy❣️

I’ve had the pleasure of talking with Jeff in the past several times and even sent him a surprise back in the day!! 😆

BTW, where have you been most of this year Jeff @Grendel on MP (I do remember seeing a post where you were sick, I hope you are feeling well these day my friend ❣️)? 🤔 

Edited by Veum
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, ryanbsmith said:

Thank you @SilentasKnight for the great additions to my Criterion Collection!  You have been a fantastic Secret Santa.  Thanks to you and Media Psychos for the fun holiday event!

IMG_0780.jpeg

Very nice Criterions there @ryanbsmith to add to your collection from your most generous Secret Santa 🎅 SilentasKnight, enjoy my friend❣️👍

Christian Bale GIF by PeacockTV

• Like 6

Good Evening My Friends;  😀

I wanted to take a hot moment to provide response to the quite lovely lovely Thank-You from @BreakBeatDJ.

Once more, I find myself humbled by your thoughtful words and expressions of gratitude my friend.

One of the most heartwarming aspects of being a member of MP, is the opportunity to meet and develop new-found friends that have a passion of similar design to our own and when chance provides the moment to share that passion, it's certainly a treat to do so.

I find the Secret Santa escapade here a wonderful opportunity, to not only meet a particular individual that has like minded ideals to my own but also the chance to share with the entire community, the unique passion ensconced in our efforts during such a happy time of year.

Mark, your gratitude is very much appreciated and it gives evidence that my selections were well placed. You deserve no less. 🤗

If I may suggest, you might find that the Sour Cherry Jam, produced in a very local community nearby to me, is well served as a topping on ice cream, (black cherry vanilla being my personal fave, heh). Bear in mind, should you share that secret with other family members, you'll require refills in short order, which I'd be happy to provide you!  😉

My sincere best wishes to you my new friend and hope to have opportunity to broach other topics with you in the near future!

(The same to ALL our beloved Forum Members!)

The Happiest of New Years to you all !

Grendel

p.s. I'm still kickin' it @Veum my Buddy. Some up and down days on occasion but improving over time. Ta for your concern! 😊

G.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Heh, was just reviewing some of the posts from our 2018 Secret Santa celebrations...

Though many of the names have changed, the passion (and membership) has if anything, intensified!

Thank-you, so very very much for all your efforts over these years;

- The Admin Staff

- The Moderators

- The Guardians, and

- oh yeah, that John guy... 

( and Claudia !!! 😍 )

For all your exceptional work, passion, dedication and uh, patience, for suffering through all our whiny tantrums and cries of ignorance; "what Invoice???" grrrr, heh, heh. 🤪

Thanks Folks! 👍
My best wishes for a Happy New Year to you all!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 3

On 12/19/2022 at 4:46 PM, capricornio34232 said:

MP Secret Santa gifts arrived! Thanks MP for another year full of surprises and happiness, and specially to my new Secret Pal! Happy Holidays to all, Merry Christmas and a Happy Psycho New Year 2023!

capricornio34232

4D2DA0EF-8912-45E0-A5F0-8562AED3853B.jpeg

23CBD052-DF26-4968-ADEF-45C6446EE9B5.jpeg

Thank you very much to my MP Secret Santa 😀! Finally I'm back home and had a chance to open my presents. Very thoughtful of @Rambo (Zach) for the Christmas Card, the letter, and the gifts which included a Collectible Limited Edition RoboCop Mondo Poster, a bittersweet life NOVA Exclusive NE A14 w/Lenticular SlipCover (which I did not have as part of my collection 😉) and a Collectible Avatar Figurine from Jake Sully. Enjoy some pictures! 

capricornio34232

IMG_8063.jpg

IMG_8062.jpg

IMG_8061.jpg

IMG_8059.jpg

IMG_8060.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

@Hollywood E Rock we came into this year’s Secret Santa late and without a pairing, but I really am glad that we did!  Getting to know you has been a joy and great fun.  Thanks for taking the time to get to know me.  You really captured my love of games, movies, comics and collectables.  I’m grateful for your generosity.  Merry Christmas!!

9251F9FC-FB00-4BB6-902C-D76451CD0074.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone my Secret Santa this year was/is 

happy cheers GIF by Red Bull Excited Series 2 GIF by BBC Three

K2fbByj.jpg

pckvmiT.png

If I was to make a list for all the positive & negative experiences of last year getting to know Steelbook Indy would definitely be on the positive side. What I received from my Santa

jVOr6A7.jpg

These gifts are special, because The Winter Soldier is my absolute favorite MCU movie, & I really enjoyed The Batman, & I didn’t already own either of these items. I couldn’t help myself, my excitement lead me to open both gifts. BluFans create some of the best steelbooks in the collection game so you have to open them up to really appreciate the embossing, & paint job. My Funko Pop represents a moment in the movie where Batman was having a bad day at the office. A lot of growing pains to become the Worlds Greatest Detective.

Spoiler

xjQ3cr9.jpg

TkWIgvL.jpg

pzLFxKI.jpg

EQOpoME.jpg

BtWTKFM.jpg

EEDRjdm.jpg

Bhzlg0H.jpg

Happy New Years Psychos!!!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, capricornio34232 said:

Thank you very much to my MP Secret Santa 😀! Finally I'm back home and had a chance to open my presents. Very thoughtful of @Rambo (Zach) for the Christmas Card, the letter, and the gifts which included a Collectible Limited Edition RoboCop Mondo Poster, a bittersweet life NOVA Exclusive NE A14 w/Lenticular SlipCover (which I did not have as part of my collection 😉) and a Collectible Avatar Figurine from Jake Sully. Enjoy some pictures! 

capricornio34232

IMG_8063.jpg

IMG_8062.jpg

IMG_8061.jpg

IMG_8059.jpg

IMG_8060.jpg

@capricornio34232 Happy New Year Jorge!

I am very glad that you like the gifts! And even happier that you do not have that edition of A Bittersweet Life! You have an extremely impressive collection in size and quality. I was afraid I would choose something you already had 😅

Thank you for being my partner for my first Secret Santa event with MP. I learned a few things to apply to future years because of your thoughtful gifts and responses.

Best Friends Friend GIF by PermissionIO

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

After a late lost of my Secret Santa I had the opportunity to found a new Secret Santa abroad.

Today I could collect the parcel from my Secret Santa @Chief_lookout from the postal office. 18 days from US to Germany is not to bad.

I was a little bit shocked and suprised already in the postal office, due to

• the required customs which I had to pay, as well as (I could read this on the customs declaration),
  • the amount of editions which were sent out by my Secret Santa (really, you are absolutely crazy).

In total 7 gifts + sweets were in the package. All was very safely packed and in proper conditions even the parcel had some dents from the long way.

Santa_1.thumb.jpg.3937a08f32074e1b3d8b97731f2020d0.jpg

Sorry our Christmas tree was already removed few days ago, therefore no tree this year on the pictures.

After unpacking I was overwhelmed by seven! steelbook editions as this amount was totally unexpected. As I already wrote  --> you are absolute crazy.

From some of the movies this is the first edition in my collection.

Santa_2.thumb.jpg.b86e6788ab502a6ad9ef495aa0dd4bfe.jpg

A big big thank you to you Matt to be my Secret Santa partner in 2022 as well as for such nice and generous Secret Santa gifts. I hope you will receive your package soon.

Furthermore, thank you @R1s1ngs0n Eli for the organisation. I guess I will participate this year again if a Secret Santa 2023 takes place.

However, for next Secret Santa we should keep in mind that a pairing between members from US and Germany is not the best "replacement" solution (I assume it is also not a big difference to other European countries). This is due to the high extra cost for shipping as well as customs (if applicable), not due to the members 😉. Therefore again thank you that you was willing to go through with it anyway.

Regards, Wolfgang

• Like 21

I came late to Secret Santa this year, and it was my fault I missed signup, so the extra cost of shipping was a price I happily paid to be included! I love sharing my love of movies with people, and this community has allowed me to facilitate that! 
I'm so glad you like the gifts! I sent several, but it's my first Secret Santa, I knew they'd arrive late, and I was hoping at least one would be something you didn't already have! Looking forward to receiving my package! Should be here soon!

• Like 18

On 12/30/2022 at 11:04 PM, Grendel said:

Heh, was just reviewing some of the posts from our 2018 Secret Santa celebrations...

Though many of the names have changed, the passion (and membership) has if anything, intensified!

Thank-you, so very very much for all your efforts over these years;

- The Admin Staff

- The Moderators

- The Guardians, and

- oh yeah, that John guy... 

( and Claudia !!! 😍 )

For all your exceptional work, passion, dedication and uh, patience, for suffering through all our whiny tantrums and cries of ignorance; "what Invoice???" grrrr, heh, heh. 🤪

Thanks Folks! 👍
My best wishes for a Happy New Year to you all!

Just wanted to echo what @Grendel said here! Everybody here at MP does a PHENOMENAL job with so many different GBs, activities, Secret Santas, all the various Challenges...the list goes on and on. I've only been a member for a couple of years, but I've had a great time here at MP getting to know everybody and steadily improving my love of steelbooks and physical media in general. Thank you to everybody here who makes that possible!

Also wanted to give a shout-out to Claudia, since this is the first time since joining I have seen her name mentioned. Her name is on all of my packages here in the U.S., so I believe she is the US hub manager...? I'm sorry I don't know your MP handle, but I have sincerely appreciated everything you do with getting my orders to me safely. Everything is always immaculately packaged and protected. Thank you, Claudia!

• Like 14

T'was the 7th of Jan, and all on my block, everything was stirring, it was five o'clock. I looked out the window, the sky had turned pale, the mailman had come, and delivered my mail. I sought to quench this feverish burn in me, a longing to end, my Secret Santa from Germany!

I think I'm the last Secret Santa to post his gift! A special thanks to @R1s1ngs0n for organizing this, and @Toapel my Secret Santa! Thanks, Wolfgang, for your generosity! I am very pleased and will enjoy the steels and the sweets!

F941C8E6-0713-4D1C-A84D-65CFCB65ECAA.thumb.jpeg.c9248d63fc3e3599a06368a844a90158.jpeg

With one of my wive's pillows to hide the address!

982D2E3D-F11F-4F4A-9754-63DA2AA4B374.thumb.jpeg.82963dfbe464865080076d2fd5aeecb8.jpeg

3BE3DCCD-ECAE-4251-B965-69A15DF48F33.thumb.jpeg.5f3c8dd0a420fb9e66b81d2337c3569d.jpeg

26787830-E7F8-404A-9778-6784E14B5E1A.thumb.jpeg.f14e1be3f72c31db6f7f1444a5111583.jpeg962D2F55-7D6C-4C6D-A26C-F41DF4B23B45.thumb.jpeg.ccb5a3ca39fbce0155e4baf3c54157ce.jpeg

650B64E2-F536-416E-A8A1-3CAB57C3CB1E.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

On 1/8/2023 at 3:33 AM, Chief_lookout said:

I think I'm the last Secret Santa to post his gift! A special thanks to @R1s1ngs0n for organizing this, and @Toapel my Secret Santa! Thanks, Wolfgang, for your generosity! I am very pleased and will enjoy the steels and the sweets!

F941C8E6-0713-4D1C-A84D-65CFCB65ECAA.thumb.jpeg.c9248d63fc3e3599a06368a844a90158.jpeg

With one of my wive's pillows to hide the address!

982D2E3D-F11F-4F4A-9754-63DA2AA4B374.thumb.jpeg.82963dfbe464865080076d2fd5aeecb8.jpeg

3BE3DCCD-ECAE-4251-B965-69A15DF48F33.thumb.jpeg.5f3c8dd0a420fb9e66b81d2337c3569d.jpeg

26787830-E7F8-404A-9778-6784E14B5E1A.thumb.jpeg.f14e1be3f72c31db6f7f1444a5111583.jpeg962D2F55-7D6C-4C6D-A26C-F41DF4B23B45.thumb.jpeg.ccb5a3ca39fbce0155e4baf3c54157ce.jpeg

650B64E2-F536-416E-A8A1-3CAB57C3CB1E.jpeg

@Chief_lookout thanks for sharing these nice pics, accompanied by that lovely little ditty 😊

However, we still got a few more Santas (including yours truly who has not yet received his package) who have still not shared pictures of their presents.

@nathan_s82 @notdan @Tonic24k 

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 13

• ★ Administrators ★
On 1/8/2023 at 3:45 AM, R1s1ngs0n said:

This cat is also wondering if we can wrap this up soon. The christmas attire is getting uncomfortable 😅

Xmas+Cat+GIF+%25E2%2580%25A2+Oh+Oh+fluff

And the little ones get impatient

94b16102e4ed1e2b0b2660cbf9a61da2.gif

This is more suspensful then the actual wait for Chistmas day 🤣 and emotions are getting out of control 😂

funny-animals-pets.gif

• Haha 20

• ★ Administrators ★

It is time to hand out the Award for the 2022 Secret Santa Event.

Before we do so I want to give out another big

thank-you-thanks.gif

to @R1s1ngs0n for organising and making this another huge success. In fact it became our biggest Secret Santa yet.

To @Trianna for making us another fine award logo for 2022 🙏.

And to all the participants. Thank you all for being so kind and generous to your fellow community members.

thats-the-christmas-spirit-thats-the-spi

I think together we have created another wonderful round of Secret Santa that was able to produce some happy faces under the christmas tree (or wherever you opened your gifts).

58b730efe7657149859398625a7011e31c1e0d65.gif

Since I got the confirmation, that the members that have not yet shown their gifts yet, should receive them soon. I will hand out all the Awards now.

@bearlol @Benoit46 @BobaFett1974 @bossjon @BreakBeatDJ @capricornio34232 @Chief_lookout @cypheria078 @DParadigm @deckard99 @Emil @extantsrevenge @F.Jaeger @Fortis93 @GANTZ @Gary K @Gentleman @Gladiator_MV @Grendel @GuyIncognit0 @hal56 @hansreinhardt @Hecko @Hollywood E Rock @Jigsaw  @jstak42  @ksosk @Masterblaster @Muftak1 @nathan_s82 @Noir21 @notdan @RAK @Rambo @Reagh @RhodW @RileyLad @R1s1ngs0n @ryanbsmith @ShadowWarrior @SilentasKnight @Steelbook Indy @Stefbo86 @Stryker412 @TechSpec924 @Toapel @Tonic24k @Trianna @Uno Sixteen @Veum @Whodini 

until-next-time-next-time.gif

Start the

320e741589f45babbe5b9c2cf5a07570.gif

😂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 26

Many thanks, @R1s1ngs0n@Masterblaster & @extantsrevenge, for everything you do to make these events possible! I loved participating in my first Secret Santa event and getting to know a little better a great person in Greg (@F.Jaeger).

Thank you also @Trianna for a cool-looking award for this event!

Awesome Rock And Roll GIF

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Christmas is here! A huge thanks to @Tonic24k for being my Secret Santa this year and for the awesome gifts! 

5906BC28-7215-4C0D-A16B-F00442C24C0F.thumb.jpeg.bffbc26406e6baef5a831332ca559d21.jpeg

Any-Man is headed straight to the gap on my shelf that I’ve had in my MCU lineup for so long and the whiskey is headed straight to a glass!

We both had so much come up over the holidays we had to push our exchange out to January. @R1s1ngs0n, @extantsrevenge, and @Trianna sorry for the long wait and thank you all for organizing this great event. 

Hope everyone that participated this year had a happy holidays!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

On 1/21/2023 at 10:35 PM, notdan said:

Christmas is here! A huge thanks to @Tonic24k for being my Secret Santa this year and for the awesome gifts! 

5906BC28-7215-4C0D-A16B-F00442C24C0F.thumb.jpeg.bffbc26406e6baef5a831332ca559d21.jpeg

Any-Man is headed straight to the gap on my shelf that I’ve had in my MCU lineup for so long and the whiskey is headed straight to a glass!

We both had so much come up over the holidays we had to push our exchange out to January. @R1s1ngs0n, @extantsrevenge, and @Trianna sorry for the long wait and thank you all for organizing this great event. 

Hope everyone that participated this year had a happy holidays!

I couldn't be happier. I got some great gifts and made a new friend. @notdan is the man! Thank you for keeping the holiday spirit alive with me well into January. 

IMG_9344.thumb.jpeg.fd32395deadda18235cac30311c37684.jpeg

• Like 15

Thank you so much @RAK! I received my Secret Santa gifts today! Roy knows I love Evil Dead and horror, so I was so happy to get the Shout Factory Army of Darkness set! The little Ash is cute as well!

Plus, American Werewolf is one of my favorites, and he grabbed me the Turbine 3 4K/BD Disc set and Silence of the Lambs!

Again, thank you so much Roy!

20230126_215419.jpg

20230126_220314.jpg

• Like 13

9 hours ago, nathan_s82 said:

Thank you so much @RAK! I received my Secret Santa gifts today! Roy knows I love Evil Dead and horror, so I was so happy to get the Shout Factory Army of Darkness set! The little Ash is cute as well!

Plus, American Werewolf is one of my favorites, and he grabbed me the Turbine 3 4K/BD Disc set and Silence of the Lambs!

Again, thank you so much Roy!

20230126_215419.jpg

20230126_220314.jpg

Congrats @nathan_s82 that your secret santa finally delivered 😂 😆 😛 

Santa Clause GIF by Hugo.fm Renovate Channel 9 GIF by The Block

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1